Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknown (OPEN)

2 posters

Go down

Unknown (OPEN) Empty Unknown (OPEN)

Post by Patrick Sean Flannery Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:32 pm

Patrick had once again been pulling a late nighter, and he was working none stop in the laboratory to try and work on the virus which we had finally been able to cultivate, and he wanted to make sure that he was able to find a solution to this thing, he was being pushed even more because of the fact that the Romain's child Raven had come down with this disease, time was being pushed to the very limits and he needed to find a cure before she passed.

He was working with two or three days at the most here, and he had been working for months on this beforehand, but now the bacteria was grown, it would be easier to try and do some experiments with them, and with the cures that did work on other viruses so far, maybe they just needed some more potency, or to be mixed together, but he was going to work fully for those three days to try and help that couple, and most importantly that child.

Sighing lightly, he hung his head and reached for his cup of coffee, before swallowing another round of pepper up potion, and beginning to do more experiments with a new potential cure, but not knowing if there would be any chance that they were going to be able to make it work. It frustrated him, he was head healer for gods sake! Why couldn't he find a solution to this thing?
Patrick Sean Flannery
Patrick Sean Flannery
Head Healer

Back to top Go down

Unknown (OPEN) Empty Re: Unknown (OPEN)

Post by Shekel Umec Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:13 am

Shekel finished off the last security guard on the lab floor, smacking him round the back of the head. Didn't sound like much but when you were a vampire as strong as he was he was sure he'd probably cracked the man's skull. He knelt down to check that the man would live before moving on.

Opening the main doors to the lab, he casually walked into the almost deserted lab to stop by Patrick Sean Flannery's section of the lab, the only section with lights still on. He also saw that the man was rather frustrated. Shekel would be lying if he said he wasn't currently feeling the same way,

"Bacteria doesn't help to combat this virus." he said abruptly, no doubt surprising Patrick, "In fact I've found that in groups with O-Negative blood, the introduction of bacteria to combat the virsus results in death 96% of the time. Hello Healer Flannery."
Shekel Umec
Shekel Umec
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sean Flannery Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:17 am

Patrick jumped a little bit when he heard someones voices behind it but he hoped that he would be able to at least get in some more study when he turfed him out of his lab, he was fucking busy couldn't this guy get this? And to come in making some sarcastic comment about how he was failing, did not make him any more enamoured to him.

"I wasn't using it to combat the virus, you grow the virus on the cells of bacteria and study how they grow and effect the cells." he stated, placing another slide under the microscope as the testers of the potential cures whirred in the small mixer "Besides I have slightly more important things to do than listen to someone who decided the best way of interaction is to tell me what I'm doing is incorrect."

"What are you doing in here, this is a private laboratory." he asked in a curt voice, standing up after looking at the slides to face the man behind him, only it wasn't a man, it was a creature, a vampire he supposed, creature anatomy studies wasn't so bad to take after all.
Patrick Sean Flannery
Patrick Sean Flannery
Head Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekel Umec Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:28 am

Shekel could tell that the human was not at all pleased with his attitude and he didn't really care. He was here because this human was apparently rather gifted at healing. Not just healing but cutting edge healing, the kind that was only just being discovered. Not the kind that was being rediscovered or redefined,

"Why?" he asked, genuinely curious, "You and I both know it's jumped up to humans. Why are you using cultures of human tissue?"

Shekel took one look at the human before producing a file from inside his overcoat. He set it down on the table,

"You don't have anything more important than this Flannery." he said coldly, "In that file is proof that the virus has spread more than you know. Vampires are getting it. All creatures are. There's also some information on a human family in the Scottish Highlands with it too."

He looked at Flannery for a long time before holding out his hand for the healer to shake,

"My name is Shekel Umec. Throughout my five thousand year lifespan I have been a healer for what you would call twelve lifetimes." he introduced himself before smirking ever so slightly, "I was one of the team who originally developed the vaccine for dragonpox. And the team that discovered it fifty years earlier. And I am here to help you with this virus."
Shekel Umec
Shekel Umec
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sean Flannery Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:35 am

Patrick raised his eyebrow and decided that this vampire was so up himself it was unreal and he couldn't want anything more than him to just leave him alone to work on this, he worked best on his own not with a person breathing over his shoulder who seemed like the biggest know it all in the planet.

"Oh no, I knew that." he smirked, shrugging his shoulders "The Ministry isn't funding research into developing cures for creatures, I think some of your friends might be behind that, they don't really want to help the people who attacked them not two months ago."

Turning back to his work Patrick merely shook his head with a small laugh, and he thought that this vampire was taking the biscuit, it was something that he didn't have time for, and he looked through the microscope at the new samples of cells he had injected the virus into. It was hopeful, but, it would take time to see how the cure worked.

"If you're such an amazing healer then get your own laboratory and find a cure yourself Mr Umec, I have no time for your superiority complex, if you're here to help, we're on the same level, if you want to do that whole 'Im better than you' ideal, then you can leave."
Patrick Sean Flannery
Patrick Sean Flannery
Head Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekel Umec Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:44 am

Shekel's eyes narrowed and within a second he was within and inch of Patrick. His eyes flashed briefly as the raw anger was shown on his face for a second or two. He chose his words very carefully,

"Listen to me Flannery." he said coldly, "My love is in danger because of this disease. I am willing to work with you humans in order to develop a cure for both humans and my kind. All I ask of you is that you are willing to do the same."

Shekel raised an eyebrow at Patrick's attitude. He had a fleeting desire to bury his hand in the human's chest from behind and to squeeze his heart until it burst like an over-ripe tomato. But he ignored it. He shook his head,

"You misunderstand." he said calmly, "It was my understanding that when you work with someone you give them some indication of your level of skill and competancy. So that tasks can be assigned accordingly. I meant no offence."
Shekel Umec
Shekel Umec
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sean Flannery Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:53 am

Patrick raised his eyebrow and he looked at the man in front of him, he supposed he needed to be honest with this man, he wasn't very happy working with a creature, working with one of those things who almost took his best friends from him, but if he was going to help him, then he would allow it.

"No you listen to me!" he growled "I am working here to save a young girls life, each minute is precious, I do not want some vampire taking up this time with threatening me! And just for the record, your 'love' almost slaughtered my two closest friends, I'm not sprouting out threats about that though."

Shaking his head Patrick didnt like the set up with working already, and he ruffled his hand through his hair and scowled at the slide, the culture of cells had rejected the cure, even though it had looked promising in the first instance. Throwing it away in the medical bin, he sighed and looked at the other solution, adding that to more cells.

"I'm Head Healer of St Mungo's, trained in the modern art of healing and the use of the latest equipment and spells in magical and non magical healing and health. There, now we know each others skill levels." he sighed.
Patrick Sean Flannery
Patrick Sean Flannery
Head Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekel Umec Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:05 am

Shekel's eyes narrowed and his fingers twitched. He wanted to kill the human in front of his right now. He wanted to tear his throat out and watch as the man both bled and choked on his own blood. With difficulty he stilled his hand and shook his head,

"You work to save the Romain girl but you turn my help away because your friends started a fight with my kind?" he asked Patrick with a small shrug, "I can't pretend I agree with my love's method of vengence. However you cannot stand there, as an honest man, and declare that Jack Irvine is innocent."

Nodding a little bit Shekel ignored Patrick for a moment before turning to one of the print outs. He frowned a little bit. The first solution Patrick had tried had been ruled out as a failure because it had an 85% rejection rate. With 85% of the cultures dying. He frowned a little bit as he thought about how to get the rejection rates down,

"The rejection rate is unusually high..." he muttered a little bit, "What did you use as a carrier for the solution? Bacteria, human cells or solution straight in?"
Shekel Umec
Shekel Umec
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sean Flannery Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:41 am

Patrick raised his eyebrow, he had never said he was refusing the man's help, what he was refusing and what he had an issue with was the fact that he seemed to be bossing and lording over him already when it was actually himself that had the most relevant experience when it came to medical issues between them.

"Did I say I was rejecting your help? No." he stated simply "I do not pretend that my friends are wholly innocent, but for a race of more intellectual creatures, I would have thought another option viable apart from throwing a hissy fit and killing humans left right and center."

Looking at the papers that Shekel was holding up he hummed to himself and raised his eyebrows again when he asked if he had injected the solution straight in, why would he do that? He didn't know what it would do, it could have made it worse if he used it on a human patient.

"Human cells only for now, it is the best method the way I have found, injections can have side effects more unpleasant than the disease itself after all."
Patrick Sean Flannery
Patrick Sean Flannery
Head Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down