Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostalgia (Vlad and Dmitra)

2 posters

Go down

Nostalgia (Vlad and Dmitra) Empty Nostalgia (Vlad and Dmitra)

Post by Dmitra Diamante Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:32 pm

The icy cold wind chilled Dmitra to the bone. She drew her fur cloak closer around herself, shivering slightly. Germany was just as cold as ever. But it felt good, so good to be back.

The arena was deserted, quiet. Only the rustling of snowflakes settling to the ground disturbed the overbearing silence, slight whispering sounds in the cold, grey morning. Dmitra extended her pale hand, allowing a crystalline snowflake to gently settle upon it. So many memories associated with this place, the place where she had made her first Durmstrang friend, Vlad. The friend who teased her, who fought with her, on whose shoulder she cried when her father died, who comforted her with his presence when she was all alone. And she had left, left without saying a word to him. She knew that once she returned to Durmstrang, she would meet him again. She looked forward to it with all her heart, and dreaded it at the back of her mind.

Dmitra walked slowly, and sat down on one of the stands bordering the arena. She wondered if Vlad still remembered her.

Dmitra Diamante
Dmitra Diamante
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia (Vlad and Dmitra) Empty Re: Nostalgia (Vlad and Dmitra)

Post by Vladimir Wazowski Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:21 am

Vladimir had been called out to the arena to do some promotional work for the tattoo shop in which he now worked, however, he was kept behind in order to clean up the place for a little extra cash which he always needed, and there was a hot bowl of broth involved. Which of course, meant that there was no way he could say no.

Sighing a little bit he placed the broom against the wall and wiped at his brow, getting his thermos he filled it with the broth, bid farewell to his coworkers and stalked his way out of the arena, passing through the main fighting stage as he did so and he raised his eyebrows when he saw someone he didn't expect.

And then, his eyes narrowed again.

Continuing to sip at his soup he wandered past, how could she just show up in his life again? How could she just think that was perfectly fine?! She left him without a bloody word all alone...gritting his teeth he lifted his eyes to look at her again.
Vladimir Wazowski
Vladimir Wazowski
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitra Diamante Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Dmitra felt an uncomfortable prickle at the back of her neck, much like someone was looking at her. Intently. She raised her eyes, and saw a familiar, yet unfamiliar face. Dmitra's eyes widened in realization. Vlad.

He was looking at her, correction, glaring at her. There was no small amount of resentment in his eyes. And Dmitra knew she deserved every bit of it. Emergency or no, she should have atleast told Vlad where she was going, why she was going. Dmitra felt guilt, overwhelming guilt course through her veins. Vlad was never going to forgive her.

She stood up hesitantly, the usually-confident voice soft and shaking just a little bit. She couldn't bring herself to meet Vlad's eyes. "I.....I am not....not asking you to forgive me. Just listen to what I have to say, just let me explain once. Hate me for all your days if you want, but give me one chance to justify myself."

Dmitra raised her eyes hesistantly, slowly, and looked at her erstwhile friend, "Vlad?"
Dmitra Diamante
Dmitra Diamante
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Vladimir Wazowski Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:18 am

Vladimir knew that he was going to have to speak to Dmitra, and he didn't want to shout at a lady, so he was carefully attempting to school his anger down inside of him, so that he wouldn't lash out verbally at her, he was still a gentleman no matter how many times that he had wanted to shout and scream at Dmitra, he would never actually do it.

Hearing her speak set his nerves on edge, like they were slowly being pulled beyond his limits, gritting his teeth he tried to calm himself down again and he listened to her, listened to what she was saying. So there was a reason she just decided to leave? Well wouldn't that have been nice to know in advance?!

"Well then speak." he stated coldly, his eyes meeting with Dmitra's but their former warmth was now completely gone, and he knew that Danita would want him to tell her about this later,, but he didn't know if he would have the strength to "Tell me what reason you think justifies what you did to me."
Vladimir Wazowski
Vladimir Wazowski
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitra Diamante Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:10 am

Vlad was barely being able to resist the temptation of yelling and shouting at her, that much was clearly exhibited by every line of his face. It was strange, looking at this drastically changed person in front of her, remembering the light-hearted teasing boy, and seeing the bitter, angry one in front of her today.

But perhaps what struck Dmitra the most of all were his eyes. They were like pieces of ice, cold, unyielding, uncaring, furious. Perhaps that’s why when Dmitra dared to raise her eyes to match Vlad’s gaze, despite the best of her efforts, she couldn’t quite keep her voice from shaking.

“I…..I kn-know nothing I say c-can j-justify what I d-did to you b-but…..” Dmitra’s voice lowered to a whisper, quivering, “I d-didn’t have a choice. After m-my d-dad died, I was unstable, this r-random woman j-just came out of n-nowhere and c-claimed to be my m-mother and I h-had t-to go and l-live with someone who h-had abandoned me and…..” Dmitra took a deep breath, willing her voice to grow stronger. “And on the morning of the C-Christmas hols, I woke up in a d-different place. Another witch was there, with a sword, and she swore she was my sister. K-kiera told me all that Mum had done to her and I simply didn’t want to go back any more.” Dmitra’s tone took a turn for the worse, turning desperate, imploring, “I swear, I swear I meant to go just for a week, like a vacation, to cool my head. But we were attacked at the International Portkey Hub, by those people who t-tortured and killed my dad, and Kiera killed them too, and….” Dmitra closed her eyes, recalling the blood, the gore.

“Kiera took me back to America, to my old school Salem, and it felt like everything was alright again, before I had come to Germany, back when my dad was still alive. We couldn’t come back, those people were after Mum and I, in particular. And it just felt so safe and familiar there, I wanted to contact you but owls could be traced and…….” Dmitra’s voice gave out, she exhaled loud and shakily. “I know what I did was wrong, but the past can’t be changed. I just ask you to give me one chance to set things right again, I promise I won’t disappoint you. Not again.” Dmitra, despite all better reason, made eye-contact with Vlad again. “Please.”
Dmitra Diamante
Dmitra Diamante
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Vladimir Wazowski Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:45 am

Vladimir listened his expression impartial but inside he was raging and fuming about everything that she was saying to him, so she just decided that she was going to go and live with her mum that he would be able to understand, it was reasonable, but she didn't even tell him that much! But then all of the things that followed seemed so unbelievable he found himself switching off from what she was saying.

After her explaination, Vladimir cocked one eyebrow when she looked into his eyes again. It was something he wasn't proud of, and to anyone else he had never felt this way before, but he couldn't stand the level of betrayal that he had thought Dmitra had placed against him. They were best friends and she just wanders off for years and didnt think to tell him...anything?

Taking a level breath, he narrowed his eyes;

"No." Vladimir stated simply "I will not open my heart again to someone who hurt me this much, do you know, a few months ago I was ready to throw myself off a ship in Die Werft? No..of course you don;t." he chuckled sadly "You left me alone, just like Yeva and just like my family, I don't trust you not to do it again at the drop of a hat."
Vladimir Wazowski
Vladimir Wazowski
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitra Diamante Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Vladimir wasn't listening to her. He probably didn't believe her. It was understandable really, even if someone had come to Dmitra and had narrated such a ludicrous story to her, she wouldn't have believed it either. But often, truth is stranger than fiction. Especially if one had a Seer for a mother and a weapons dealer for a sister. Dmitra smiled mirthlessly as she contemplated on acquainting Vlad with these facts. Needless to say, he would scoff at her.

"I know you don't believe me but........" Dmitra looked away, into the distance. "Its true. I came back the moment everything died down. For you. Germany has given me nothing but bad memories, but the only reason I came back was for you. Of course..." the mirthless smile lingered around the lips. "I think I was a bit too late."

Then, Dmitra couldn't help but inhale sharply when Vlad told her that he had meant to kill himself. Suicide? Why? He was all alone here....with no friends or family.....Dmitra felt a sickening wave of guilt crash over her when she realized that she had, indirectly, almost killed Vlad. Her voice was horribly hoarse when she spoke, realizing how a 'sorry' was so pathetically inadequate, "I........I didn't meant to.....I......shit Vlad, I'm feeling worthless to even stand here and talk to you now. But...." Dmitra steeled her nerves, "But I mean to do what I came here to do. Which is to make up for my mistakes. And I mean to keep on trying, even if you do hate me for the rest of my life. You'll be justified in doing it."
Dmitra Diamante
Dmitra Diamante
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Vladimir Wazowski Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:13 am

Vladimir looked at Dmitra and maybe he was being too harsh, maybe everything that she had said was true, even if it was, she had chosen to stay away from him longer than she had needed to, and even then she hadnt sent him any form of communication, what was he supposed to do, fall on his knees and forgive her after all of that?

"Damn straight you were too late." he stated angrily "What did you think I was going to do, wait around here for you like some love struck puppy, for all I knew Dmitra you'd died in an attack somewhere, was lying in a ditch. Now you just come back in here and expect me to do what?" Vlad asked, gesturing wildly with his hands.

When she said that she felt worthless to stand here and talk to him he snorted a little bit, funny, he had felt worthless the whole time he had been on his own, but, obviously that didn't matter. The odd bond they had formed didn't matter.

"You're wasting your time Dmitra, there's nothing you can do to make it up to me." he stated with a chuckle "No matter how hard you try, or what you try in fact. What do you think would even make a start?" Vlad asked, genuinely interested.
Vladimir Wazowski
Vladimir Wazowski
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitra Diamante Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:13 am

"I don't expect anything out of you. Its not fair to expect after what I've done to you." Dmitra's tone was self-hating to an extreme. "But I can't help but hope.....that......that we'd go back to normal. Become friends again. Talk, fight. Just as we used to." Dmitra stared at the ground, tasting bitterness in her mouth. "Of course I understand that's close to impossible, but I can't stop hoping."

Vlad wanted to know what she could do to make it up to him. Dmitra looked up, not caring for her pride which was the most important thing about her, not caring if she looked or sounded desperate, because that was what she was right now. Desperate. For a friend's forgiveness. "I'd do anything. Anything. Stay by your side, be there whenever you need me, be a friend when you need someone to talk to, to share things with, all those things I should have done for these past years and was unable to. Hell, I'd probably even jump off a cliff if you truly needed it." Dmitra felt strange with these words coming out from her lips, she wasn't a very selfless person, but the fact that Vlad had almost given his life in her absence made her choke with overwhelming, numbing, inescapable guilt. And this guilt was ready to make her do anything.
Dmitra Diamante
Dmitra Diamante
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Vladimir Wazowski Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:30 am

Vladimir couldn't help but sigh when Dmitra said that she wanted them to go back to normal, he really couldn't think of how they were going to attempt to do that. He needed some time to get all of this sorted, he really did, otherwise he was going to do something rash and stupid that he would regret perhaps later on.

It was a rare and rather tender moment that Dmitra was sharing with him, why would he try and monopolise the few real feelings he'd actually seen from the girl, his old best friend. Normally she was still so very stoic around him, more so than around anyone else it seemed.

"You just need to give me some time, you can't just pop up out of nowhere and assail me with all this...stuff." he sighed, running his hand through his hair "It's just not going to happen right away, if it is going to happen at all, you understand?"

Unable to stop his resolve weakening a little bit Vladimir crossed his arms around his chest and tried to calm himself down a little bit; "Seems like all that time away went and altered you quite a bit didn't it?"
Vladimir Wazowski
Vladimir Wazowski
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down