The Night of a Lifetime (Rin, Kiera and Adrian)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: The Night of a Lifetime (Rin, Kiera and Adrian)

Post by Adrian Castella on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 am

Adrian was in a state of bliss, things were going so well with Kiera. He knew that she wasn't herself at the beginning of it, and had probably been more open with him than she ever would have if not for the drugging; but, she had opened up and they had shared an intimate moment together. Her feelings had been on display and he had comforted her, and he knew he would never forget it. Despite the bad that had happened this night, a lot of good had been caused from Regalia trying to ruin their night.

Out of nowhere, Adrian saw Kiera's expression change. It went from an almost happy and normal moment between them to complete panic. The medicine had taken effect and now she was piecing together what had just happened between them. She was panicking, because she never wanted to be that open with anybody. Because she had shared about her mother, had told him she cared for him, had actually kissed him instead of him kissing her. It was clear now that if she hadn't been drugged she would have done none of those things.

Somehow, he thought Kiera would be able to understand that what she had done is how she truly felt. That she would realize it wasn't a bad thing to open up, to share a moment with him. With how she was reacting though, it felt like a knife had stabbed him in the heart. All he could feel was a deep pain in his chest, and he wanted to leave. Why did he ever tell her that he was in love? It would only make it worse. Adrian felt like he was going to lose her for sure now, but he wouldn't give her up without a fight.

After she had got up and began to leave, Adrian stood up and was about to grab her hand. But then Kiera turned around and asked him about what he'd just said. Looking at her, staring deep into her eyes and letting her see all that he felt, Adrian nodded. "Yes, you dolt! Of course I love you! And if you would pull your head out of your arse for one minute maybe you would realize that it isn't such a terrible thing!" Adrian said angrily, fed up that she had just been about to leave him. Kiera probably hadn't been planning on coming back either, at least that's what he suspected.

"Can't you see that you care for me back? It may not be love yet, but there is something there. Even if your inhibitions were down because of the drugging, you opened up to me, you kissed me, shared important things about yourself. That is a good thing, Kiera, and I want to help you in any way I can. I just want to make you happy." he told her in a whisper, tears falling now. He was so upset, but she needed to hear all this. "Please don't go, I know that's what you want to do. Run away and never come back. Somewhere deep down though, you need me, just like I need you..." That was it, that was all he had to say. He looked down, biting his lip, and hoped that it was enough.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:17 am

The first time, Kiera actually truly, in her full senses, contemplated the fact that she might have fallen for this man standing before her. And fallen hard.

What prompted this outstanding revelation, you ask? Nothing much. Not a heart-rending smile, not a grand gesture, not a beautiful declaration of love. Yes, Adrian had declared his love, but not all that eloquently. He was angry, and was cursing throughout the confession. Not very romantic. But more sincere than Kiera could have ever dreamed of.

For the first time in their...not-a-relationship, Kiera felt that she was not the one holding the power, the control. Adrian had always stepped back before the disagreement had escalated, caring too much for her feelings. But now he had finally reached his breaking point. He was determined to make her listen, to care. Kiera hadn't realized it before, but before she had panicked and opened her bloody mouth to spew trash, Adrian's happiness had almost been tangible. But then, his face, sort of.....broke, that smile crumpled up....and Kiera immediately felt that she had committed the stupidest mistake of her life.

And the tears. The bloody tears. Kiera succumbed to the now-familiar feeling of her body being in control of somebody else, stepping forward, and her fingers tracked the path that a single salty pearl had followed. She gave no indication of responding to anything Adrian had said. Her voice was low, almost inaudible. "Thrice. Thrice." Kiera let her eyes be pulled into those familiar orbs again. "I confessed about my bloody frickin' mother to you, and I didn't shed a tear. And you've cried thrice so far. You.." Kiera's hands flattened against Adrian's chest, running up and down his shirt, then finally crumpling the material as she gripped it tightly, her voice brittle around the edges. "A man like you, who's so brave that he laid his heart bare, to an idiot like me. You've cried thrice. All for me. Do you bloody know how that affects me? Do you?" The brittleness increased. "Of course I'm scared. Of hurting you. Of course I want to run away." She laid her head now, against him, her ear pressed against his thumping heart. "But I'll stay. I'm sorry.....for everything. And don't you ever, ever dare cry again. I'd hate to think I've f-fallen for a sissy." Her voice faltered over the word, but she ploughed on.

Kiera continued pressing her cheek and ear against Adrian's chest, it was an excellent way of avoiding his eyes, and hiding the embarassed flush that was now rising to her cheeks. Merlin, what the hell am I doing?. She continued in a shaky voice. "But I have...t-terms. No cheesy gestures. No lovey-dovey talks. No flowers. And I'm not calling you my...." The flush brightened. Hell, this was really humiliating. Why was she doing this again? "I'm not calling you my b-boyfriend. Its the most pathetically childish word ever invented."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:58 am

Adrian dared to look up, to see how his words had affected her, if he'd finally gotten through. For the first time, Adrian could see that what he'd said had really gotten through to her. He could see the wheels turning in Kiera's head, trying to figure it out. Somehow, he felt hope rise, hope that maybe she would stay after all. It was something he had almost not dared to hope for, because he knew it was the hardest thing for her to do. He'd done all he could though, and now all he could do was see what Kiera had to say.

Biting his lip, he tried to stop the tears from falling, and slowly they did. Staring at her, he realized that she knew she had upset him, and actually wanted to fix it. The Kiera he had been trying for so long to get to, the real one inside the harsh exterior, was finally coming to the surface. All he could do was stand there as she felt the tracks of his tears, and smile a bit at what she was saying. Her barriers were down and she was being open with him, which was more than he could ever have hoped for.

Adrian didn't know yet whether her reaction would be good or bad, but a gut feeling told him it would be good. "I won't apologize for my tears, it's not like I want to do it. Thank you for sharing about your mother though, I know it was tough to talk about." he said back just as quietly. She was running her hands over his chest, and all he wanted to do was hold her to him. "Well you are kind of important to me, I don't want to lose you Kiera de Auvergne." he told her, his voice thick with emotion. "I know that you don't like seeing them. I'm every bit as scared as you are, believe me." Adrian admitted to her. His arms wrapped themselves around her before he knew it, and her head was buried in his chest. He let out a small choked laugh at her calling him a sissy and telling him not to cry. "Oh, I'll try not to. And you don't have to apologize, I knew this was a practically impossible task from the beginning. Thank you for not leaving, it means the world to me." This would be one of the best memories of his life, he knew that the moment she said she'd stay. He kissed the top of her head and just held her tight, knowing he would never want to let go.

Since he wanted to make sure this wasn't a dream, Adrian pinched himself fairly hard. To his surprise it wasn't, this was actually happening. A large smile appeared on his face, and he looked down at her. "Well I must admit you drive a very hard bargain, Kiera. Those are some pretty fun things you are cutting out..." he told her. "I won't call you my girlfriend only if I get to keep the occasional cheesy gesture. Though I'm wondering what you would like to be called instead of that unspeakable word, any ideas?" he asked. Adrian wanted to kiss her, and he tilted her chin up with one hand to look at him. "Thank you for this, Kiera." he whispered to her before leaning in and giving her a gentle kiss on the lips.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Her head still pressed against his chest, Kiera felt Adrian's arms wrap around her. Kiera felt a small spark of panic flare in her chest-too close, too close- but then the warmth and that fresh-coffee smell caused her to relax inspite of herself. This situation was so utterly surreal. Here was a man who she respected and cared for telling her that he didn't want to lose her...and that he loved her.....Kiera sucked in a breath. She realized why Adrian had cried in front of her now. Too many powerful emotions were churning inside her, the last hour had been like an emotional rollercoaster. Dread, fear, pain, humiliation, happiness........Kiera felt a feather-like kiss press to the top of her head, and felt the last emotion magnify in her by leaps and bounds.

Then Adrian pinched himself, and an amused smile rose to Kiera's lips before she could help herself. "Is my staying here really that unbelievable?" Then she realized what exactly she had said, and winced. "Of course it is." Even she was feeling like half-pinching herself, just to make sure that she wasn't in the middle of a dream. After all, a man just didn't confess his love for you everyday. Kiera realized that the natural thing to do in such circumstances was to tell Adrian that she loved him too. But.....did she? Admitting that she cared for someone was a huge leap for someone like her, love would set the bar too high. She didn't want to lead Adrian on, to tell him things that she didn't mean yet, just to make him happy. Hopefully he would understand that.

Then Kiera glowered at Adrian's words. "Fun? Fun? More like utterly humiliating. Why on earth would someone want to purposely make an idiot out of themselves?" But Adrian's question was valid too. What would she call him? Partner? Nope, that reminded her too much of Auror partners. Lover? Kiera twitched, that gave implications that she didn't even want to think about just yet. "Fine." She muttered reluctantly. "You can call me your.....g-girlfriend. I'll call you whatever I have to inside my head. But don't even think," She prodded him on the shoulder in warning, "That you're ever hearing that b-word from my lips. Alright? As for the cheesy gesture..." Kiera clenched her jaw, damn, Adrian was looking so irritatingly and handsomely happy, with that teasing glint he got in his eye, when he joked about it that.....would it really be that bad? Surely it wouldn't be too humiliating would it? After all the pain that she had given him, she could surely do that much?

"Fine. Keep your cheesy gesture. But don't make me regret it." For the millionth time she asked herself, why, oh why was she doing this? Then Adrian lifted her chin and kissed her again, a kiss that made tingles originate from the very tips of her hands and feet, work up into her body, and twist into a ball of happiness and pleasure somewhere in her chest. Kiera felt a full-blown smile emerge on her face.

Right. This is why I'm doing this.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:42 pm

With Kiera safe in his arms, Adrian thought this night couldn't get any better. Sure her supposed friend brought up some things about Kiera they would need to talk about, but he trusted her. He felt that she was beginning to trust him too, and that she would share about it when she felt ready. One of the mistakes he was trying to avoid was pushing too soon and driving her away, which he knew could happen in the blink of an eye. Things had taken a big step for them tonight, it was hard not to have a big goofy grin on his face. She probably thought he looked like an idiot, but to be honest he really couldn't care less.

Adrian couldn't help but chuckle a bit when she commented on his pinching to make sure it was all real. "In a way it is kind of, but to be honest it's more just hard to imagine anything better. The whole too good to be true thing if you know what I mean." he admitted, and then blushed at how cliche it all sounded. "Sorry, I'll try to tone down the cheesiness next time." he said, a bit embarrassed. He could see her trying to figure out how to respond to what he'd said, it was awkward for her. "You don't have to say anything until you mean it, Kiera. I didn't plan to say those words, they just kind of popped out." Hopefully she wouldn't be too freaked out by it, but he knew it was a lot for her to handle.

Clearly she didn't find the cute couple things as good in any way, that would definitely take some work on his part for her to understand why they were fun. "I know they seem silly and idiotic, I get that. Sometimes they can be really nice, and special though, that's all I'm saying." Adrian told her honestly. Kiera looked pretty skeptical though, which he kind of expected. Now she was back to intimidating him, and he grinned widely. "Wouldn't dream of it. You can just refer to me as your own personal idiot." he teased, sticking his tongue out at her. Maybe that would get her to laugh a bit, or maybe even the rare Kiera smile. Her smile was just about his favorite thing now, it was a lovely sight.

Smiling at her when she caved, he nodded. "I won't make it too terribly cheesy, I promise." he said with a laugh. After their kiss, which left him tingling and very warm inside, he opened his eyes and looked at her. There was the biggest grin on her face, and a matching one on his he knew. "Now that is a beautiful sight. If you smile like that every time I kiss you, well it's going to be rather hard to stop you know." Adrian remarked with a wink.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Hell, Adrian was getting embarassed now. Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned the whole cheesy-is-pathetic thing after all. But then again.....Adrian looked rather....cute, while he was embarassed. Kiera felt rather embarassed at the thought herself, Merlin, she was starting to sound like a school-girl. But there was a strange sort of liberation at the thought, being free of denial was refreshing.

And worst part was, Kiera understood what Adrian meant clearly, about cheesy gestures. When Adrian told her with his usual ungodly amount of patience that he didn't mind that Kiera hadn't reciprocated the love confession, then Kiera felt something within her soar again. If he kept on saying things like that, then how the hell was she supposed to not succumb to his every request? Kiera wouldn't admit it even under the threat of gruesome torture and murder, but if Adrian kept looking as happy as that, then she might agree to ever stupid gesture he thought of without hesitation. Of course, there was no way in hell that she was gonna tell him that.

"Own personal idiot." Kiera said slowly. She looked up, the mixture of a smirk and a smile dawning on her features, as she leaned forwards, eyes glowing, tone smooth and lilting, "I like it. Especially, " She curled her hand around his neck subtly. "The own personal part." It registered in some part of Kiera's mind that she was flirting. Blatantly and possessively. The smirk on her face broadened. Well, just because she was someone's girlfriend now, didn't mean she was going to change.

Then Adrian complimented her on her smile, and Kiera's first instinct was to stop immediately, but she managed to control herself. She was still self-conscious about such matters. Well, in for a knut, in for a Galleon. And speaking of conscious......Kiera still remembered all the times Adrian deliberately did things like winking at her, to spoil her composure. Time for payback. Kiera smiled widely, then allowed it to curl slightly, gaining the tinge of a smirk, "Hard for you to stop? Really?" Then she leaned forward and kissed him again, hard. Her hand curled around his neck tightly, digging into the messy locks at the back of his head. She poured all the heat and passion into it, and as a final blow, nipped his lower lip daringly. And just when things were getting intense.......pulled back.

The halo of triumph made her eyes glow, "Own. Personal. Idiot. Don't you forget it." Kiera smiled, breathtakingly, roguishly, and turned around and left.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:15 pm

It was obvious to Adrian that Kiera was mulling over everything he had just said, and that she didn't find everything about it quite as bad as he thought she might have. Her features didn't betray much, but he thought Kiera might be hiding a smile somewhere. Being open with her felt good, he couldn't remember the last time he had been so happy and felt so free. In contrast to her usual aversion of emotions she was letting him see a tiny bit of who she was and what she was feeling. He couldn't stop himself from smiling at her widely.

When she looked up at him there was that mischievous glint in her eyes. Before he knew what was happening she had her hand on him and he was pulling her close. With her so near it was hard to think at all, but his brain somehow registered what she had said. "Well that is the best part of it all in my opinion. I think I'm going to like belonging to you..." he whispered to her. He felt a small smirk of his own appear in response to hers.

After his compliment he noticed that she made an effort not to pull back or make a snappy remark in response. Acting like this was clearly new and unnerving to her at times. Seeing her fight her instincts made him realize that he really was special to her. Before he had time to answer her question her lips were on his and he kissed back, letting instinct take over. His arms began to wrap around her and just when it began to get intense she pulled away. "I think you of all people know I was telling the truth." he answered, still feeling dazed from the heated kiss.

Adrian couldn't help but laugh a bit at the obvious look of victory Kiera had, because honestly this was a win for him as well. This was what he had hoped for, but never thought would happen. "Nothing could make me forget that." he replied, half to himself as she walked away.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum