Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Away From Home (OPEN)

2 posters

Go down

Home Away From Home (OPEN) Empty Home Away From Home (OPEN)

Post by Charlotte Smith Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Charlotte although she was not a Ravenclaw was beginning to rather enjoy coming into Flourish and Blotts, every since it had advertised that it had a new owner she was more than happy to come and sit there all day looking over the history of magical arts books.

After all, if she was going to be an artist she needed to do it properly, and she could happily flick through the books fr hours deciding what her next peices' influence was going to be, and how she was going to try and copy a certain style.

Now she sat on the steps of the bookstore, a happy smile on her lips and she looked around as the people came in and out of the shop, wondering if she would recognise anyone.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Home Away From Home (OPEN) Empty Re: Home Away From Home (OPEN)

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:16 am

Haley walked towards Flourish and Blott's in search of a new book. She had read the ones she had brought with her, and was now in need of some awesome, mindblowing fantasybook. She walked into the shop and turned to see if she could find some help from one who worked there, but she didn't see anyone.

She sighed and felt a tad exasperated. She really wanted to start reading a book...
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:53 am

Charlotte heard the door open to the bookshop and once again wondered if it was going to be someone that she knew, and on this occasion it was! Smiling gently to herself she waited for a moment to see if Haley wanted to talk to a salesman first.

After a few moments she decided that it would be okay to go over and talk to her, Charlotte cautiously waved to her as she approached, the book she had been reading closed in her arms.

"Hey Haley, do you want some help? I've been here a lot, so I know where things are for the most part."
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:59 am

Haley felt her face light up when she saw Charlotte coming over.

"Really? That would be a relief. I'm not feeling so good lately, I've had a bit of some headaches lately. Nothing serious though, I've talked to madam Henley. It's due to lack of sleep," Haley said with an exasperated roll of her eyes.

She then noticed that Charlotte was holding a book herself. Not very surprising though, in a book store.

"Is it an art book?" Haley asked, looking at the cover.

It had some colors, and knowing that Charlotte liked to paint, she figured that it had to be something to do with art.

"I'm looking for a fantasy book, so really looking for the fantasy section," she said with a grin.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Charlotte was not pleased to hear that Haley had not been feeling too good recently, she hoped that it wasn't anything serious, so she was a little relieved when she told her that it was just because of a lack of sleep.

"Oh dear, did she give you any potions or something to take to help you go to sleep? Sometimes I need some of those..."

When Haley looked at her book, Charlotte held it up and smiled proudly, it was one of her new favourites and it had so many pictures in it Charlotte had so much to look at and so much inspiration.

"Yes it's an art book, its about the history of wizard art! It's a wonderful read, purely because it's mostly pictures, and that's good for me since I'm not much of a textbook reader."

With a small smile, Charlotte looked up at the book store and pointed up to one of the second floors;

"That'll be up there then, would you like me to come with you?"
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:24 am

Haley nodded. "Yes she did, but I haven't taken one yet. I think I'll take one today though," she said with a roll of her eyes, "Otherwise I won't be awake for classes."

Haley then grinned as Charlotte showed her the book. Magical Art Through Our History. That actually seemed interesting as well. She wasn't skilled at art herself, but she did enjoy to look at it, especially if it was well done.

"That's pretty cool," she said honestly, "And I see your point, pictures are easier to read than the texts. After all, pictures says more than a thousand words. But I think I might be more of a textbook person, as long as it's fantasy. I can't stand reading facts. I was surprised that I managed to get through 'Hogwarts, A History' in my first year. Seriously, if you want to suffer, read that book. It's amazing with awesome information, but it's much better to hear about it than to actually read through it. I did like to read about the second wizarding war, but seriously- Ops, I'm rambling, am I not?"

Haley gave an innocent grin to Charlotte and then beamed.

"Would you? Looking for books is much easier if you have someone nice to talk to," Haley said earnestly.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Charlotte chuckled lightly and thought that it would be rather funny to see one of her classmates falling asleep in class, although them getting in trouble for it wouldn't be funny at all, so she would probably wake them up.

"Well I think that's a good idea, after all, I wouldn't want you to get in trouble, but I'll poke you if I see you nodding off or something."

Listening to Haley talk about books was interesting, and she couldn't help but let out a small laugh as she told her about the book that she had had to read, 'Hogwarts: A History' it sounded boring, and she had probably blanked it from her own mind.

"I see your point, I think I'm alright with novels as long as they're about interesting subjects, and I definately think that factual books, especially History texts are just so dull! They'd make a better doorstop."

Charlotte grinned happily and shook her head:

"No, I don't mind, I think it's interesting, and of course I would love to come with you, maybe you could point some good books out to me."

With that she began to walk over to the stairs that lead up to the second floor.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:00 am

Haley grinned at Charlotte. "Thank you, that would be good," she said joyously.

The thought of falling asleep in a class wasn't so bad. Unless it was Duelling. Or Infiltration. Or Potions. Or, God forbid, Occlumency. Professor Dupont could just break into her mind and either see what she dreamt, or plant a horrible nightmare in her mind. She shivered at the thought of both, not knowing which would be worst.

"I completely agree," Haley said with exasperated, wide eyes; there was a reason she didn't have History of Magic.

"But novels are great. Hey, I read one that was so deep and moving that I think would suit you perfectly. It's about a girl who's mute and she tells her feelings through pictures and so. It was amazing to read. It goes from bullyies and then to people who loves her, especially this one boy, who, when I think about it, does kind of remind me of Airen..." Haley frowned as she came to that conclusion.

She had never thought about it before, and it was bizarre how perfect that would be for Charlotte. Then she smiled wickedly.

"Speaking of which... How is he treating you?" she asked, calming her smile to a soft one.

They reached the top of the stairs and Haley started searching for the book she was talking about, as well as some others she could read herself.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Charlotte giggled slightly when she saw the horrifed look on Haley's face, she could tell that she was thinking about what would happen if she fell asleep in all of her lessons, and wondered if there was one that would actually be safe for her to doze off in.

Abandoning the thought, Charlotte listened carefully when she was told about the book that she should read, it sounded a little bit like someone else she had met and smiled lightly.

"It sounds like a good read, although I could imagine in certain points it would be really very sad, and I hope that I don't cry because recently I seem to just go off on the smallest of things. It's really quite odd."

For a moment she wondered why that was, but then decided to pay attention to where she was walking as she almost tripped up over a large stack of books that were on the stairs. When talk turned to Airen Charlotte couldn't help but smile lightly, even at the memory of him.

"He's treating me very well, I'm going round to his house in the holidays so that he can show me his TV, because I'm thinking of getting one but I don't want to if it's not something that I'm going to enjoy, it would be a waste! Do you have a TV?" she asked with interest.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:32 am

Haley nodded. "Yeah, it got me crying, so maybe not the best book?" she said, and then tilted her head to the side, "Maybe you're hitting puberty?"

Her voice was light, yet serious. She truly found puberty the worst thing in the world, but heck, she knew she'd be grateful eventually.

She then smiled as Charlotte told her how Airen was treating her good. She was happy about that. Actually, she rather didn't like the fact that she didn't know Airen better than she did. He had always seemed so kind and honest, but she never had the chance to really talk to him. Or Charlotte really, though she felt as if they were getting closer. She was happy about that. Then she nodded.

"Yeah, I have a TV. My family ar- were all wizards and witches, but we had a lot of muggle friends, and a television is definitely recommendable as long as you get him to set it up for you. There's a whole bunch of cables and wires and stuff," she said with an exasperated smile.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Charlotte blinked lightly and wondered for a moment why hitting puberty would have anything to do with her moods being up and down, her parent's hadn't told her much about it, and Cobie certainly hadn't so Charlotte didn't know much about what happened.

"Erm maybe..." she laughed, hoping that she wouldn't be picked up on her niaviety.

It was nice to hear that so many people had TV's after all they must be good if so many people had them and she wondered why Cobie hadn't already gotten one.

"I'm wondering why we don't already have one if everyone likes them so much, maybe it's because Cobie can't be bothered setting up all of those wires and such." she laughed softly knowing that was probably a contributing factor in actuality.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down