Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson Four (1st and 2nd Years)

+5
Teresa Maria King
Haley Vilde Smith
Anne Jones
Sam Hawthorn
Sofia Slytherin
9 posters

Go down

Lesson Four (1st and 2nd Years) Empty Lesson Four (1st and 2nd Years)

Post by Sofia Slytherin Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:52 am

Sofia decided that for the last lesson of the year she would go ahead and combined the 1st and the 2nd year classes. Neither of the classes were very big and she wanted to kind of get an idea of what everyone had liked and didn't like. More like a wrap up class before the end of the year. She could not believe another year was gone but all was well.

Walking around to all of the tables by the chairs she placed a piece of paper and on that paper she asked 2 simple questions.

1. What did you learn in class so far

2. What would you like to learn in the future years.

Sofia had been all over the map this year and needed to work on better lesson plans for this class. Her problem is she always goes on the feel of the students. Well this will give her an idea for the future classes and her lesson plans.

Sofia went over to her own chair and laid back and looked at the stars and wondered what this next year would bring.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Lesson Four (1st and 2nd Years) Empty Re: Lesson Four (1st and 2nd Years)

Post by Sam Hawthorn Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:57 am

Sam walked up to the anstronomy tower she yawned slightly she was a little tired but she shrugged it off and she saw she was the first one there she smiled.

" Hello, Professor" Sam said and she yawned a bit She hated that summer was upon them almost mainly because she missed her parents and wondered if they were okay she sat down in the back, sighing Sam waited for the class to start.

She quickly wrote down her answer for what she learned in class so far
" Zodiacs"
And what would you like to learn in future years
" How to read the stars when you travel" she wrote them down and sighed.

Last edited by Sam Hawthorn on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Jones Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:57 am

Anne went to Astronomy. She smiled and waved slightly at Professor Slytherin. She took her seat and looked at her paper. She thought about yhe questions and answered them.

This year I learned about the phases of the moon and the zodiac constellations.

Next year I would like to learn about the movements of the planets in relation to the sun.

Anne Jones
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:06 am

Tessa walked into the towers, thanks to Yasmina. She was full of questions that she wanted to ask. Tessa then waited for class to start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:11 am

Haley walked into the classroom and spotted the questions. She quickly scanned through the lessons they had had, and she knew more about constellations than before. She wanted to know more about the planets and constallations and the history behind it, mostly in mythology. She would also love to read tea leaves and crystall balls.

She then saw she was the only second year there, and she wondered if she had gone wrong, but then saw it was a class united. She shrugged and smiled to Anne and sat down near her, waiting for the lesson to start.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Lesson Four (1st and 2nd Years) Empty Astronomy Classroom :: Lesson Four (1st and 2nd Years)

Post by Teresa Maria King Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Teresa sat on a seat. She looked at the table and a piece of paper. It asked:

I know that I can name all the zodiacs. she wrote for number one.

What I want to learn in the future is predict the near future by the planets. she wrote for the last question.

Then, she sat and stared into the sky.

Teresa Maria King
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:17 pm

As soon as Keiba entered the classroom, she could tell it was going to be a mixed class. She didn't mind, it would be a good chance to get to know some of the first years.

Seeing Haley sitting with a Gryffindor first year, Keiba went over and took a seat by her self, wondering why there was only girls in this class. It took her a second to notice there was a sheet on the desk. Keiba groaned. She never liked filling out surveys like this. The Professor should already know what they'd been taught!

Begrudgingly, Keiba filled it out. She jotted down, "Zodiacs and constellations in the zodiac was amongst the things I learnt this year," and for the second one, "Everything."
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Jaycie quietly made her way into class and sat down. She struggled a bit with the questions on the paper. It was a great class, sure, but she always had trouble recalling what she'd done, for they'd done so much. She took no notice of the other girls as she jotted down what she hoped was a suitable set of answers.

I believe I learned quite a bit about the zodiacs and the different mythologies from different cultural backgrounds relating to them.

I'd like to learn a lot more, like how and when the stars will cross each other's paths etc.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:54 am

Victoria entered the now familiar tower, not surprised that the class was combined now since alot of teachers seemed to be doing it. The set-up was like divination, so she took out some parchment and scribbled her answers:

I learned more about Pluto when I did some research for the homework.

I would like to learn if wizards have myths about the different constellations, or do they just use the muggle ones?

She then grabbed out her homework and set it on the desk for whenever the teacher wanted it.

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:34 am

Sofia realized that she forgot to place the spell on Tessa's paper to make it so she could read it.

Walking over to Tessa, she smiled. "Sorry Tessa I forgot to place the spell on the paper in front of you. You have an assignment."

Sofia quickly said the spell. "There you go dear."
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:02 am

Tessa then started to run her hands over the paper. After she read it she had to answer it.

She then wrote that she learned about her zodiac and how it was affected by the stars. Tessa then thought really hard about the second question. She then remembered what she learned from Cain. Tessa smiled as she wrote. How to tell the future from the stars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Xander walked into class and was hit with a realization: He was the only boy taking Astronomy!! He didn't quite know how to take that. Especially since it was a topic he wasn't exactly amazing at.

Taking a seat near the back he pulled out his homework and an extra parchment for the questions.

I learned alot about myself through the zodiac assignment.

I would like to learn more about how people, wizards or muggles, feel that the stars have a direct impact on their lives.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:18 pm

Sofia looked around the classroom and saw that a lot of the students were done with their papers so she decided she might was well get started.

"Now who would like to begin the discussion of what they have written on their paper? What have you learned so far?"

Sofia had hoped that many of them had been paying attention during her class.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Lesson Four (1st and 2nd Years) Empty Re: Lesson Four (First and Second years)

Post by Sam Hawthorn Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Sam sighed and raised her hand a little she was a bit nervous " I've learned a lot about the Zodiacs in this class" Sam said a little nervous.

She didn't read the second part she already felt somewhat stupid and she sunk down in her chair and looked at the ground.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:42 am

Sofia smiled at Ms. Hawthorn "Ms. Hawthorn can you elaborate on what about the Zodiacs you have learned? Like some examples perhaps." Sofia could not award points for a simple answer like that.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Lesson Four (1st and 2nd Years) Empty Re: Lesson Four (First and Second Years)

Post by Sam Hawthorn Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:48 am

Sam sunk farther down into her chair feeling stupid and she started to swear at herself mentally, she sighed " Umm how different each one is and how they came to be called Zodiacs and how each one tells a story on how they became one of the tweleve signs" Sam said still nervously she still sunk in her chair feeling as though she would get it wrong, which in her mind she probably did.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:58 am

Sofia felt bad as she watched the girl sink into her chair. Her questions were not meant to make someone feel stupid, it just meant they needed to pay attention in her class.

"Much better Ms. Hawthorn 10 points. Never be nervous to answer during class, just learn to expand your answers."

Sofia looked around the room. "Anyone else care to give it a shot?"
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:42 am

Haley rose her hand as well. "I've learned more about the constellations and the zodiac, where I've taken a special interest in the Sagittarius as well as having learned more about the planets, especially Venus in my case as it was what I wrote about in my essay," she said with a smile.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:54 am

Sofia smiled down at Ms. Smith she was one of her favorite students always paying attention and participating in class.

"Good job Ms. Smith, 10 points. Now would you like to share with the class why you chose Venus?"
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:58 am

Haley nodded. "Because I think the planet is the most fascinating as it is the brightest one with exception of the moon and the sun that we can see. Besides, it is a symbol of love due to the fact that it was named from the Roman Goddess of love and beauty. Love is the most important thing in this world, and that's why I chose Venus," she said truthfully.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:43 am

Sofia loved the answer that Ms. Smith gave, it was a very thought out answer.

"Very good Ms. Smith, 10 points.' Sofia continued to look around the room.

"So does anyone have anything else to add?"
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Keiba raised her hand. "I learnt that there were many different zodiac-based cultures and communities with folklore pertaining to the constellations. For example, Japan, China, Egypt. All of these civilizations had stories about the Zodiacs. I also found out the other day when I was in the library," she continued, "That the Australian aboriginals used stars signs and movements to depict not only stories, but seasons as well. I thought that was really interesting." She smiled.

Keiba fidgeted a little after her answer - she'd been absent the last lesson and no one had told her the homework so she could do it. And she'd never managed to get a hold of Professor Slytherin so that made life a touch easier. Had they been assigned an essay or something? She hoped not.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Jaycie wasn't sure what to say. Everyone was so eager to talk to the Professor, they weren't really leaving her any room to say stuff. Even though Jay had no idea what she would say.

"Um," she said thoughtfully, and raised her hand. "Uh, I think I researched somewhere that the zodiacs each appeared at certain times of the year, and sometimes would not appear in the sky - or share it - with a certain other constellation. Like Orion's Belt and Scorpio. There's a story behind them... I think I can remember it..." Jay trailed off, not sure whether she was saying too much.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Sofia listened to Ms. Simple and Ms. Namid tell what they had learned. She was very proud of this class and how much they had been paying attention.

"10 points to each of you, Ms. Simple and Ms. Namid."

Sofia looked around the class and she hope to see most of them back next year, and maybe Mr. Clarke would particiate more.

"I hope everyone has a wonderful summer holiday. Class dismissed"
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down