Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rose by any other name (Rich and Bri)

2 posters

Go down

A rose by any other name (Rich and Bri) Empty A rose by any other name (Rich and Bri)

Post by Richard Romain Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:35 am

Richard whistled happily as he bypassed the wards, thanks to being keyed into them, and appeared in the hall thanks to a portkey. He put his overcoat up on the coat stand and also put his bowler hat on it as well. Why was he wearing a bowler hat? Well because it just made him look slightly classier. As he moved into the house he smiled,

"Honey... I'm home!" he called out before chuckling to himself, "Always wanted to do that..."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

A rose by any other name (Rich and Bri) Empty Re: A rose by any other name (Rich and Bri)

Post by Briony Romain Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:43 am

Briony had been standing in the kitchen, wondering if she should give into her cravings and have some lasagne, when she felt a disturbance in the wards of her house and she knew that was Richard coming back from work, he was being so loving lately, even more so than usual, and Briony had to say that she was enjoying it very much.

There had been some thoughts in her mind that now she was going to become a mother, she was going to have to stop being and feeling like the person she used to be, suddenly become all dumpy and wear loose jeans and cardigans instead of her corsets...

Then she realised, that would be stupid.

"Welcome back Richard, nice day at the office?" she asked with a teasing smile, kissing him on the cheek as she greeted him.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

A rose by any other name (Rich and Bri) Empty Re: A rose by any other name (Rich and Bri)

Post by Richard Romain Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:51 am

Richard was smiling happily. Work had been quite busy but there was nothing that could dampen his mood now that he was coming home to Briony. He was aware he was being more openly affectionate than usual but he just couldn't help it. With Briony becoming more affectionate as well, he just wanted to express his love all of the time.

There had been some thoughts about how fatherhood would change him and, to be honest, he'd realised that it probably wouldn't change him all that much at all. Of course he would be willing to revise this thought should the late night feedings and changings become very numerous,

"Thanks. Work was hell but it's worth it to come home to heaven." he kissed her happily before kneeling down and kissing her bump, "And my angels."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:56 am

Briony gently flicked Richard's ear when he complimented her in such a cheesy manner, normally she would have punched him playfully or something but she was feeling in one of her affectionate moods today, so she just let him off with a small laugh and a shake of the head.

"Sometimes I wonder if you rehearse these things." she teased, ruffling his hair as he kissed the bump that she was sporting now.

Moving away back over to the living room, Briony sat down on one of the sofas and yawned lightly, she had been becoming more and more tired recently, but she realised that they needed to have a discussion about the baby that they hadn't had before;

"We need to decide what to call her, our baby I mean." she smiled.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:02 am

Richard chuckled when he got flicked. He'd expected it if he was honest, the line had been cheesey but it was fun to deliver such cheesey lines sometimes. Of course he also noticed that she had flicked him instead of hitting him. It was an indication that they were both in an affectionate mood,

"Wouldn't you like to know?" he teased right back, kissing her lips gently, "But no, I just come up with these things on the spot and hope for the best."

Reaching into the fridge, Richard took out two bottles of coca-cola that he'd been able to pick up from a local muggle town. Following Briony into the living room he handed her one as he sat down beside her,

"You mean I can't just keep calling her Engel?" he teased before nodding, smiling happily, "That we do! And as we know she's a girl that narrows it down. I'll start off shall I? Hmmm... how about Hannah?"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:24 am

Briony raised an eyebrow but kissed Richard back happily when he moved up to her and kissed her lips, it felt good to be able to relax around him, there was something that made her relax so much when she was with Richard, and she needed to relax after everything that had been going on recently, she almost wanted to cry with how much pressure she was being put under.

Taking the bottle of coke happily, Briony opened the bottle and took a sip from it, giving off a happy little noise when she swallowed the lovely sugary liquid.

"No we can't just keep calling her Engel Richard, she'll get a big ego if we do that, and the lucky man that she marries will have no cheesy nickname to call her." she smiled lightly before pulling a face at the name that he suggested, Hannah? it was so plain! "Not special enough, how about Victoria?"
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:21 am

Richard chuckled a little bit at his wife's raised eyebrow. Apparently she didn't appreciate his cheesey lines as much as he thought. That just meant he had to try harder to find some really good things to express himself. He smiled at her as they broke the kiss, happy that she was able to relax so fully around him. He chuckled at her reaction to the coke and had a sip of his own,

"Ah I suppose you're right. We could only teach her English so she doesn't know what it means though." he teased before laughing at the faces she pulled, "No to Hannah then. Victoria... kind of reminds me of the British queen. How about Jessica?"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Briony didn't know if it would be a good idea to teach their baby only English, she thought that it might be useful to have some sort of other language in her system, whether that be German to hnour Richard's roots, and to help her in the war if she ever needed to free herself from someone who had targetted her, or something like French in case she wanted to form relations with Beauxbatons students.

"Do you think we should try and teach her two languages? I believe that it is a useful skill that people should have, but the only problem is what language should we teach her?" she asked with a small frown on her face.

Raising an eyebrow, Briony shook her head;

"After what happened with the Professor? I do not want my child to remind me of her. How about...Annabell?"
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Wed May 09, 2012 3:10 am

Richard had to admit that he wanted to teach his daughter how to speak and write German. He wasn't too proud of what his home nation had become but he still loved certain parts of his homeland. One such part was the language. Although he rarely spoke in his native tongue anymore, Richard still enjoyed speaking in German more than he did in English, most likely because he was taught German first. He nodded slightly at Briony's suggestion,

"You're right we don't want to limit her..." he smirked a little bit, "But why limit her to only two languages? How about we teach her four languages? English, German, French and Italian."

Richard chuckled a little bit, shaking his head slightly,

"Yeah maybe it would be best if we didn't name her that." he agreed with a chuckle before humming a little bit, "That's a nice sounding name... can we put it in a maybe pile? Come back to it later kind of thing. How about Emily?"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Fri May 11, 2012 6:24 pm

Briony raised an eyebrow and she shook her head, the idea of teaching her child four languages was something that she thought was slightly over kill, they wanted her to be intelligent, but not overburden her, she wasn't even born yet after all.

"Four? Don't you think that's a bit excessive? Maybe we should teach her three, French, German and English." she smirked "That way she can interact with all of the different magical schools."

Biting her lip, she decided that now would be a good time to tell Richard what she really wanted to call the child, and it was either going to go down really well, or he would categorically deny it and they'd end up arguing over it.

"How about...how about we call her Raven?"
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Fri May 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Richard chuckled a little bit when his wife seemed to shoot down the idea. She didn't even need to really say it, he could read her facial features well enough to know. And perhaps she was right, four languages was a bit excessive. After all, he was an adult and he only knew three,

"Well maybe it is... but they say children just learning to talk pick up other languages really easily." he smiled a little bit at the three languages Briony had selected, "The power three eh? Sounds like you'll be grooming her to take your place as Headmistress one day. Or perhaps just minister for magic?"

When Briony bit her lip, Richard raised an eyebrow. She only ever did that when she was incredibly nervous about something and these things tended to be very big things considering how important she was. But when she told him that she wanted to call their daughter Raven he merely blinked a few times. Mulling the name over in his head he sighed a little bit,

"It's a pretty name, I like the name." he confessed before looking at her with a slight, knowing, look, "But it won't end up as just a name will it? And before you ask, no I'm not against the idea of naming our daughter after her. I know she means a lot to you."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Fri May 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Briony was glad that Richard understood that she didn't want her child to have to be forced into doing too much at too young an age, she thought that it would more likely be bad for the baby than anything else, as it would probably be teased when it attended school for knowing so much already.

"You can't blame me for wanting the best for my child can you? Which is exactly why I am not grooming her for any of those jobs, they are horrible and she would hate every one of them." Briony smirked, running her hands through Richard's hair.

The sigh was something that she had not thought was going to be a good sign, but, there it was, that willing acceptingness of anything that she wanted to do, Richard was going to give the name a chance? Smiling lightly Briony sighed;

"I want to make sure that in some way, Raven can have a good life, the life she should have had, and I know that our daughter will have that." she sighed again, slightly louder "Although I am not certain if you allow it how Raven will react."
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down