Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to Sew (Sam and Char)

2 posters

Go down

Time to Sew (Sam and Char) Empty Time to Sew (Sam and Char)

Post by Charlotte Smith Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:45 am

Charlotte had wondered where she and Sam could meet up to sew together, and she had decided that because they were in different houses they should use the Room of Requirement, it was big enough, would give them everything they needed, and they would be left alone in peace while they did it too.

She had found the passageway that the room was on, and she waited by the tapestry for Sam to show up, thinking it would be safer if they went into the room together, otherwise they may not be able to find each other, sucking her lip piercing as she waited, Charlotte hummed lightly to herself.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Time to Sew (Sam and Char) Empty Re: Time To Sew (Sam and Char)

Post by Sam Hawthorn Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:07 am

Sam walked toward the room of requirement, Sam was excited to learn how to sew she wondered what they would sew., Shrugging Sam saw Charlotte and she walked a little faster.

" Sorry I'm late, I got a little lost" Sam said with a small laugh she wondered where the room was, Sam shrugged and she smiled at Charlotte.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Time to Sew (Sam and Char) Empty Re: Time to Sew (Sam and Char)

Post by Charlotte Smith Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:52 am

Charlotte smiled happily as she saw Sam round the corner, she didnt think that she was late at all so she merely waved off the comment with an even wider smile, she was just so happy to be able to have the chance to talk to her friend again, and to see if she was alright after what had happened in the holidays;

"Don't worry about it, I didn't think you were late at all." she said happily, and then looked at the wall that she had been stood with her back to "Now the only problem that we might have, is attempting to get inside the room, it has to register that we really need to go in there."
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:54 am

Sam smiled at Charlotte " Okay so we need to get in there and we need to make it register that we really need to get in there?" Sam repeated " Sounds simple enough" Sam said but she knew if things sounded simple they normally weren't.

Sam sighed and she started to think about sewing she hoped she wouldn't break a sewing machine or anything Sam shook the thoughts out of her head and she smiled.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:46 am

Charlotte nodded her head and she thought that in a book somewhere she had heard that you needed to walk past it three times or something, but she wasn't sure about it, and then she heard a scraping and couldn't help but let out a triumphant laugh as the door to the room started to appear out of the wall in front of her;

"Well it looks like it knew we really needed to find it." she grinned happily, and began to move inside the room, it was so warm in here, which was what Charlotte had hoped for, the roaring fire made it nice and toasty, ans she moved to sit down next to it.

"So, what do you want to learn specifically, I mean, you can learn to make patterns like cross stitch, or sew clothes, which one first?"
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Time to Sew (Sam and Char) Empty Re: Time To Sew (Sam and Char)

Post by Sam Hawthorn Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:32 am

Sam smiled when the door to the room revealed itself she smiled and followed Charlotte into the room she smiled and sat down by the fire " Yeah I guess that it knew we needed to get in here" Sam said agreeing with her.

" Maybe making a pattern than maybe sew if that's alright" Sam said wih a small smile she hummed lightly.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:10 am

Charlotte was glad that Sam had chosen to do this one first, after all it was the easier out of the two and it was going to be a big help when it came to the more difficult stuff when it came to sewing their own clothes together, the types of sewing would be the same.

"Well then, I guess what you have to do is pick what you have to sew." she grinned "I think I'm going to try and sew some art deco patterns, they're really lovely, I think it's probably best to start off like this, it's the easier out of the two to be honest." she smiled happily, watching as her material and thread appeared on a small table next to her, along with the pattern she was sewing.

Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Time to Sew (Sam and Char) Empty Re: Time to Seew (Sam and Char)

Post by Sam Hawthorn Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:33 am

Sam smiled and saw the patterns appear next to Charlotte she smiled and wondered what she, Sam would want to sew she shrugged inwardly and decided she was going to sew what Charlotte was going to sew.

" Well I like to start from the bottom to the top on sewing and such" Sam said with a small shrug she sighed and hummed.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:55 pm

Charlotte smiled lightly and nodded her head, it was a very wise move, for if you could not do something right away because it was too hard, you would not be unhappy with yourself and not want to continue with what it was you were supposed to be learning.

"That's a very wise move." she smiled lightly "Have you decided what you would like to sew, would you like to finish this piece when I start you off on it or?"

She asked politely, making sure that Sam had something that she could do before Charlotte went onto making her new lolita dress that she was going to wear for a day out to meet Viktor.

Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Sam smiled and shrugged " Whichever easier" Sam said with a small laugh Sam wasn't an expert on sewing but she'd learn soon, hopefully.

Sam looked at the sewing machine and told it in her head ' Don't break when I try to sew something, please' Sam thought she looked at what Charlotte was making it seemed like a beautiful dress Sam smiled.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:08 am

Charlotte smiled lightly and she decided that she would conjure up Sam something to do, so she imagined her the exact same thing that she had started doing, the good thing about these little kits was the fact that there were little guides in there to help you in case you forgot what you were supposed to be doing;

"Here you go Sam, since you don't know the basics of sewing I think we should start off with cross stitch," she smiled, handing her the material, the thread, and the needle that she needed to start sewing manually "It shows you what to do in that little booklet but..."

Showing Samhow to do it, making a small knot at the bottom of a doubled up thread, she threaded it through the little hole in the fabric, and through the opposite diagonal hole, then moving up to the hole above that and threading through the the diagonal hole to that one, making a small 'x' on the fabric.

"That's how you do it." she smiled

The Pattern ^^
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:28 am

Sam smiled and started to sew, or at least in Sam's mind she was. Sam hummed as she was sewing the pattern it was a pretty pattern Sam made sure that she didn't prick her finger with the needle.

Sam could tell you'd have to have a lot of patience which Sam had, but she knew some people didn't have patience Sam smiled " This is really cool" Sam said honestly.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Charlotte was glad that things seemed to be going okay for Sam when she started to sew, she knew it would take a while to finish the pattern but she didn't want to make her do it all if she found that after a few tries she was able to do the stitch really well.

"I know, these patterns are really good to sew, and they look great when you're done." she smiled lightly, and then she wondered if she would be able to ask what had been bothering her for a while now, and when she finally worked up the courage to Charlotte smile faded a little "So, I didn't get much of a chance to talk to you during the ball, were you alright? I saw you dancing, was that your date?" she asked.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:34 am

Sam nodded " Yeah that was my date, and I'm fine I thought he wasn't going to show up" Sam said with a small sigh she honestly thought he wasn't going to Sam sighed.

" But I like trying to stitch the pattern it's fun, and was that guy Airen?" Sam asked her kindly remembering the boy that was with Charlotte.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Charlotte was glad that she had gotten to see Sam's crush, if not spoken to him, he seemed like he was a nice boy, and she was very glad that he had managed to turn up in the end, if not, it would have been absolutely horrible for Sam, and Charlotte would not have been at all impressed.

"Well he seemed lovely, did you guys have a nice time together when you had met up at the ball? I have to admit I was a little bit out of it from the group for the most of it." she smiled bashfully.

Nodding her head with a large smile Charlotte continued her sewing, but couldn't stop a slight tinge of pink appearing on her cheeks;

"Yes, that was Airen, he looked very handsome in his dress robes, then again, he always does." she smiled.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:37 am

Sam smiled and nodded she knew a lot of people would probably be a little shocked that a Gryffindor would be in love with a Hufflepuff Sam really didn't care.

" Yes we danced and talked about our summer" Sam said blushing slightly she really loved talking about Eric and every time she did it felt more and more like it was a dream.

Noticing Charlotte was blushing, Sam smiled and continued to stitch the pattern she decided she wasn't going to say anything about her blushing, Sam hummed and continued to stitch.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Tue May 01, 2012 11:55 pm

Charlotte was glad that they had a nice time at the ball, it was what they were for after all and she hated to see anybody upset because of something that could have easily been fixed, especially when it was at an event that was supposed to be happy and cheerful.

"Is he a good dancer?" she asked with an interested glint to her eyes, she wondered if all boys were as good as Airen, or if it was because he had lessons while he was growing up.

Biting her lip a little when she sewed a particularily difficult section, Charlotte smiled triumphantly when it was done and smoothed out the cloth to look at the design taking place.

"So how was the rest of your summer? I'm guessing it was okay, and that there weren't any problems?" Charlotte asked curiously.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Wed May 02, 2012 10:09 am

Sam smiled and nodded " Yeah he was a good dancer, it seemed Airen was as well" Sam said with a small smile Sam was happy that Char and Airen had a good time at the ball.

Sam smiled as she was almost done with the pattern she hummed lightly and shrugged.

" Eh the rest of my summer was okay, I apparently went to see my parents grave and the orphanage found me passed out in front of their graves and yet I don't remember it" Sam said with a small shrug she had not remembered hardly anything of her summer.

" How was the rest of your summer?" Sam asked her kindly.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Tue May 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Charlotte happily nodded and was very glad that Sam didn't have her foot stepped on or anything like that while she was dancing at the ball, it would have probably hurt and made her a little upset if something like that had happened.

"I'm glad to hear it." she smiled "Do you reckon that you two will go to the next ball that we have together? I think that Auntie Briony is going to be doing one each year."

Blinking a little bit, but continuing with her pattern, Charlotte thought that it was an awfully bad situation, to not be able to remember something, and more than a little scary.

"That mustn't have bee nice, waking up in a place that you don't know, and not being able to remember anything?" Charlotte shuddered "But, do you have somewhere to stay now?" she asked.

With a small smile on her lips Charlotte added; "Well my summer was alright, my Papa got me a new kitten, he's so sweet."
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Wed May 09, 2012 6:46 am

Sam smiled at Charlotte and nodded " I hope so, and hopefully I'll be able to walk in heels without tripping over something" she said with a small laugh she couldn't help but laugh as she remembered walking in the shoes.

Sam nodded she knew she was probably scared but she couldn't remember she scratched the back of her head " Yeah I wasn't to happy that I didn't remember how I got there, and yes I've got somewhere to stay" she said the last part happily she was so glad she got somewhere to stay she smiled as she finished the pattern.

" Well what'd you think? Does it look good?" she asked as she showed Charlotte her pattern she smiled as Charlotte said she had a good summer and her dad bought her a kitten " An old friend of mine has a cat and she loves him, I have an albino owl but she can have an attitude problem" Sam said with a small laugh.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Thu May 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Charlotte grinned happily and she nodded her head, those heels were a problem that was why she 86-ed them before she even thought of them as a possibility. She just didn't want to try them in case she ended up looking like a fool falling over.

"That's always a good thing, falling on your face is never something that anyone wants to do, that's why I avoid heels."

Very glad that Sam had managed to find a place to stay, Charlotte felt a large amount of worry vanish from her shoulders, it was something that she had been thinking on for a while now, but she was glad that she no longer had any need to worry.

"Oh that makes me much less worried than I was before, I had you on my mind all the summer break after we met, but I didn't get an owl so I hoped everything was alright."

Looking at the pattern Charlotte grinned and she nodded her head, it was very good, and she had done it in a double quick time!

"It looks amazing, really good for your first attempt." she smiled "Well my Vulture wasn't too happy about me getting another pet, Hannibal doesn't really like Viktor I don't think." she hummed.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Thu May 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Sam nodded " I try to avoid heels as much as possible, but well they seem to think I love them" Sam said with a small chuckle things always came to find her even if she didn't want to be found, Sam shook the thoughts out of her head.

Sam looked at Charlotte and smiled slightly " I didn't mean to worry you" Sam said with a small sigh she honestly didn't mean to make people worry about her but she was glad at least someone cared about what happened to her.

Sam smiled " I'm glad I didn't poke myself with the needle" Sam said with a small laugh " Well my owl doesn't care for other animals she's very protective of me which is strange" Sam added with a small shrug.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Tue May 15, 2012 12:22 am

Charlotte smiled happily, and laughed when Sam seemed to portray the heels as something that were real, something that could persue her, and it was funny to listen to, and even funnier to think about, especially if they had faces on them...

Deciding to stop thinking about such weird things, Charlotte nodded merely in response to Sam, smiling when she confirmed she was alright.

"Oh don't worry about it, I tend to worry about people too much, its something that I'm often told off for if I'm honest." she smiled gently, after all it often made her sick, which worried her Papa.

When she heard that Sam's owl too was veyr protective of her, Charlotte wondered what it would be like without pets being that way, she supposed it was just their way of being loyal.

"I suppose that they're just being loyal to you, after all without us there would be no food for them." she joked.

Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Tue May 15, 2012 1:56 am

Sam smiled and nodded she was glad she could make someone laugh, Sam honestly swore heels were out to get her, Sam smiled and looked at the finished pattern.

Sam looked at Charlotte and nodded she listened to what Charlotte was saying and she was surprised her dad wouldn't get worried every time Charlotte would worry about something.

Sam nodded " Yes they know who gives them their food" Sam joked with a small laugh.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down