Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job Interview (Leon and Maria)

2 posters

Go down

Job Interview (Leon and Maria) Empty Job Interview (Leon and Maria)

Post by Maria Arceneau Mon May 14, 2012 5:50 am

Maria was a little nervous, for many reasons, she had been allowed to come to an interview for the position of a maid in the Becker household, however, she was aware of the importance of the household, him being the Gott Des Assistenten.

Hoping that she would be able to get the position, Maria was a little bit worried about what the master would think of her once she had settled in, and the fact that she only did her work at night. Maria was just glad that the interview was later on, that dusk had already begun to set in.

Now she was sitting outside a room in his house, along with the other maids, many of them were far more beautiful than she, and seemed to be a lot more experienced due to the large roll of parchment that was presumably their CV.

Biting her lip she waited to be called in, seeming to be the only one to wear the maids uniform like they did in her own era, which appeared to be much to the amusement of the other women present.

Maria's Outfit
Maria Arceneau
Maria Arceneau
Creature

Back to top Go down

Job Interview (Leon and Maria) Empty Re: Job Interview (Leon and Maria)

Post by Leon Becker Mon May 14, 2012 5:56 am

Leon was already dreading opening the door and asking for the next applicant. The last five had all been annoying women who had no practical experience but just wanted to say they were close to him. Prestige or some such rot.

Opening the door he almost groaned when he looked at most of the applicants but when his eyes landed on one, the only one wearing a traditional maid outfit, he blinked a few times. She was absolutely stunning. Blinking himself out of his stupour her smiled and gestured to her,

"Come in to my study." he asked her with a smile, "It's your turn for the interview."
Leon Becker
Leon Becker
Got Des Assistenten

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Arceneau Mon May 14, 2012 6:01 am

Maria jumped a little when the door was opened, she was so nervous if she could have sweated she probably would have been doing profusely, so all that she could do to express her slight nervousness was to widen her eyes when she was called into the office, and bite at her lip a little as she walked up to the head of the Becker family.

Smiling graciously she stepped into his office and before she sat down on the chair in front of his desk, she stood in front of it, waiting for him to bid her leave to sit down. It had been some time since she had been around people in a manner that was informal, having always been a governess or some manner of servant.

Waiting patiently for her potential new employer to speak, Maria just stayed with the same smile on her lips.
Maria Arceneau
Maria Arceneau
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Becker Mon May 14, 2012 6:06 am

Leon closes the door to his study once Maria is within the room before he pauses. He opens the door and speaks to the other applicants,

"Thank you but this will be the last interview of the day." he tells them, "If the position is still open tomorrow I shall contact you. Thank you for coming."

Closing the door again he sweeps across the room. As he does so, he gestures for Maria to sit down, only sitting down after she has done so, as a gentleman should. Smiling a little bit, Leon reaches across the table to take her hand before kissing the back of it,

"Leon Becker, a pleasure to meet you." he greets her formally before smirking, "So! I see you have a flair for the traditional. Would you wear that all of the time at work?"
Leon Becker
Leon Becker
Got Des Assistenten

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Arceneau Mon May 14, 2012 6:11 am

Maria wondered why this was the last interview of the day? Perhaps he was getting tired and needed to sleep as humans tended to do when it got late, deciding that she would not read too much into it, she sat when she was bade to sit and crossed one ankle behind the other, clasping her hands on her lap.

Allowing a shy quality to come over her smile when Leon kissed her hand Maria decided that she would have to be careful to remain professional while on this job, after all he was a very important man. Getting your heart torn by him would be not what she needed.

"I'm pleased to meet you Monsieur, I am Maria Arceneau."

Nodding her head Maria smiled wider;

"I would wear it all the time as I am used to, but if you preferred different I would happily correct my attire to any dress code that you place upon your workers in your household."
Maria Arceneau
Maria Arceneau
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Becker Mon May 14, 2012 6:15 am

Leon can tell, just from the way that Maria sits, that she has had some kind of classic education or etique training. He smiles a little bit. That's good, it puts her miles ahead of almost all of the other applicants right off the bat after all. He smiles,

"Such a lovely name." he compliments her, "What part of France are you from originally might I ask?"

Looking over the outfit, Leon is pleased that it is traditional and would reflect well on any visitors to his home. However it is a bit long at the bottom and seems to spread out quite wide at the bottom too. He smirks slightly,

"I would be pleased if you did wear outfits such as this one." he gestured to her outfit before his smirk widdened, "But I can't help but feel it would be more practical if it was... shorter maybe? Would that be something you would be willing to consider?"
Leon Becker
Leon Becker
Got Des Assistenten

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Arceneau Mon May 14, 2012 6:20 am

Maria was happy when Leon decided to take a lovely friendly tone with the interview, it made her a lot less nervous, and she was certain that if she was made nervous her fangs would begin to protrude from her mouth and that would not make a very good impression.

"I am from Versailles, it was a very lovely place to grow up, if you knew the right people of course..." she smiled, but then realised she had perhaps referred to the past too much and added "As is with any large social circle non?"

When her outfit was praised, Maria wanted to tell Leon that it was in fact an original from when she had started to work in houses such as this one, although she knew that she could not. Already beginning to feel bad about deceiving such a lovely man, Maria broke from her thoughts to answer his questions.

"I see what you mean, however I just wanted to make sure I made the correct impression today not knowing what dress you would prefer, I will of course wear a more practical address should the position become mine."
Maria Arceneau
Maria Arceneau
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Becker Mon May 14, 2012 6:24 am

Leon had seen that she was nervous, being an auror gave you a sixth sense for when someone was nervous, and so he'd decided not to be as hard on her as he had to the others. Of course the fact that she was stunning also helped him be softer on her. He chuckled a little bit,

"I have visited it a few times myself and have seen it to be a very lovely place." he nodded, "Yes social circles are very important in places like that. There tends to be an unofficial social aristocrasy."

Leon had to raise an eyebrow at her rather long pause. It seemed she'd been lost in thought when he'd mentioned the outfit. He shrugged it off, it was old so it might have been a family heirloom or something,

"Don't worry, you've already made a great first impression." he assures her with a smile before moving on, "Have you had experience working in houses as a maid before?"
Leon Becker
Leon Becker
Got Des Assistenten

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Arceneau Mon May 14, 2012 6:29 am

Maria smiled happily, she was glad that Leon knew of her home town, although that too presented a problem, the idea of her legend was one that was quite well known and she did not know if it was still talked about in those parts, by now it would be an old horror story that nobody believed.

Or so she would hope.

"Oh very much so Monsieur, there is a very big idea of being part of society and acting in what is known as the 'proper way' I believe that they have not yet taken the step out of the Victorian Era."

Letting her smile drop lightly, Maria intertwined her hands together and she nodded her head, she had many memories of working in houses, after all she had spent most of her 188 year old life doing it.

Probably not being a good idea to let Leon know she'd been doing it for quite that long, Maria's smile grew again;

"Yes I do, I have worked in some 10 houses. I grew very attached to the families there, it does upset me sometimes when I have to leave." she added sadly.
Maria Arceneau
Maria Arceneau
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Becker Mon May 14, 2012 6:37 am

Leon had visited Maria's home town many times actually, it was one of his favourite places to take a holiday. He'd not really interacted with much of the population however so it explained why he had never heard of Maria before,

"Well I would say that we might have taken a few small steps out of that era." he argued lightly with a smile, "After all there aren't quite so many rules now. Mostly they're unwritten rules which can be ignored if a person chooses to."

The fact that Maria had worked in a number of house was good, it meant that she had a lot of experience. But the fact that she'd grown attached to the families was even better, it meant that she was a caring person who would take pride in the house,

"It's good to hear that you grow close to the families Maria, I can definately see myself working closely with you." he smirks before continuing, "I have several empty rooms within the house, would you be willing to take up residence?"
Leon Becker
Leon Becker
Got Des Assistenten

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Arceneau Mon May 14, 2012 6:42 am

Maria only listened to Leon when he talked about Germany and how it had moved out of that stage, she had felt the difference as soon as she had arrived here, but also, she could feel that there was a completely different atmosphere amongst the people.

The air was tense and there were several places effected by the war that was going on, she couldnt help but feel for the people being effected, the poor humans who were being killed.

"When I say we, I meant in Versailles case only Sir, I meant no offense to the German society, from my short time here I can tell there's such a difference in attitude." she grinned happily.

Seeing the smirk, Maria grew pale, the vampiric version of a blush, and she couldn't help but press a hand to her cheek, her eyes widened however and she paled more when the idea of living in came up.

"I would very much like to stay in your home but I keep to strange hours, I am mostly a very nocturnal type of girl, a habit that I have not been able to shift it would seem." she offered up an explanation "I believe I suffer from some type of insomnia."
Maria Arceneau
Maria Arceneau
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Becker Mon May 14, 2012 6:50 am

Leon thought about his own people for a long moment. They were fighting in a war which had been caused by foolish men. Foolish men who thought that the wizarding world could only have one powerful country. It was a war that never should have happened, just like every other war. He smiled a little,

"Yes, sorry. You'll find my mind wanders to the war at odd times." he admitted before chuckling, "Germany has always been a state that evolves Maria, just needs guidance most of the time."

Leon was afraid he'd said something wrong when Maria paled but when she spoke he smiled. It certainly would be great to have her around the house, she'd be a constant ray of sunshine to brighten his day,

"Ah the hours are no problem at all. I tend to sleep during the day as well actually." he noted with a chuckle, "Just out of curiosity, but are you married or in a relationship?"
Leon Becker
Leon Becker
Got Des Assistenten

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Arceneau Mon May 14, 2012 6:56 am

Maria let her smile dim lightly, she always did try to smile it was in her nature to smile after all, she wanted to make sure that people were happy all of the time, but there was nothing that she could do about the war, and it pained her slightly.

"I do hate seeing the countries effected by war so, but I shall not speak of it, the two things to avoid in polite conversation, politics and religion." she laughed slightly.

When she was seemingly accepted for keeping to strange hours, Maria beamed a large smile, showing her sharper than usual canine teeth, that was when they weren't even extended.

Realising this she swiftly stopped smiling and shyly glanced up at Leon when he asked if she was in a relationship;

"No I am not, you do not have to expect me to be distracted in my work by amorous intentions. I try not to mix my work life and my romance. It makes things far more complicated."
Maria Arceneau
Maria Arceneau
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Becker Mon May 14, 2012 7:02 am

Leon smiled as Maria flashed him her beautiful smile. And it was a beautiful smile. She seemed to grow even more beautiful when she smiled and that was no easy feet considering how beautiful she was when she was just sat there. He nodded and looked away,

"It pains me too." he muttered before smirking a little bit, "Indeed. The two great conversation enders in action. Of course they normally are not used to end conversations, as the ending is usually an argument."

Noticing her slightly larger than average teeth, Leon shrugs it off as a trick of the light before smiling. It would be nice to have someone else around the house in the middle of the night when he was awake. He chuckled a little bit before pouting,

"And here I was thinking I'd ask if you wanted to be in one." he joked before winking at her with a smirk, "Now you might be asked to do other duties from time to time aside from cleaning. Namely waiting on guests if I have some kind of reception or party. Is this acceptable to you?"
Leon Becker
Leon Becker
Got Des Assistenten

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Arceneau Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 am

Only nodding her head at what Leon said, she did not want to continue the conversation as she did not want to have to argue with him, not when she was trying to get him to employ her. Maria did not think that she could even argue with him regardless of the circumstance, he seemed too sweet.

It was odd, seeing the pout on the mans lips, but then when she realised the meaning behind his statement Maria gasped a little bit and smiled shyly at Leon, trying to hold back a giggle.

Remain professional. Maria told herself.

"I do not think that such an advance would be appropriate or welcome on your account or mine when the difficulties of such a union began to settle in when the later days of the relationship played out."

Nodding her head, Maria smiled happily and she was very glad that there were still balls and occassions where she could look and observe the gatherings of humans, and perhaps to wear her best.

"Quite the reverse Monsieur, I will be very glad to help you receive your guests, I will be able to use my best hosting skills to aid you in your public appearances."
Maria Arceneau
Maria Arceneau
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Becker Mon May 14, 2012 7:25 am

Leon could see that the only reason Maria had dropped the line of conversation was because he disagreed with him and didn't wish to harm her chances of getting a job. He chuckled a little bit. The gasp she let out made him grin wolfishly, noting that she was holding back a giggle herself. He laughed lightly before adopting a serious expression,

"You're right. We should just be fuck buddies." he deadpanned before cracking up, "Sorry, couldn't say it with a straight face. Just a really silly term."

Leon couldn't help the wide grin that spread across his face. He had found a winner here! Maria seemed to be the perfect applicant for the positon without a shadow of a doubt,

"Well Maria I have to admit that you seem to be quite the catch. Which is why I have to tell you..." he stuck his hand out for her to shake, grinning as he did so, "You're hired!"
Leon Becker
Leon Becker
Got Des Assistenten

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Arceneau Mon May 14, 2012 7:32 am

Maria gasped lightly and her mouth went into a perfect 'O' shape when Leon spoke in such a manner to her, she was not used to such frankness and she couldn't believe that it was the custom to treat a lady with such...such...vulgarity.

Paling, Maria's brown eyes stood out from her face, defined and she tried to make herself feel less embarrassed.

"W-w-well that's a term I have never come across myself, although it is one that encourages...a very embarrassing reaction I must say. Humorous though it is." she smiled gently.

When he told her that she was hired, Maria let a large smile break on her lips and she giggled lightly taking his hand she shook it, forgetting that she would seem so icy cold to him.

"Oh thank you so very very much Monsieur Leon, I will make sure that I do not let you down. When would you like me to begin?"
Maria Arceneau
Maria Arceneau
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Becker Mon May 14, 2012 7:47 am

Leon couldn't help but chuckle a little bit at how Maria's mouth has turned into the perfect expression of absolute shock. He felt a bit mean for using the term, knowing that Maria was a very proper lady so she would not be used to such terms,

"Oh? Never come across it? My you must have lived a sheltered life my dear." he jokes with another wink, "I'm glad that you can see the funny side, I didn't fancy being shouted at if you didn't."

Seeing that Maria was so very happy about getting the job, Leon shook her hand vigourously. He did notice that her hand was colder than it had any right to be but he shrugged it off,

"Congratulations, you truly were the best candidate for the job." he told her with a grin, "If you'd like you could move in tonight if possible. The room is already made up for you."
Leon Becker
Leon Becker
Got Des Assistenten

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Arceneau Tue May 15, 2012 12:59 am

Maria smiled her usual shy smile and she looked coyly up at Leon, it was nice to have some interaction once more, and she was happily going to live with this man and make sure that he was as content as can be with her while she was.

"I...I would not say sheltered, just I have not been exposed to such language, I do not believe that they have such a phrase in France." she said, pressing a hand to her cheeks as if to cool them from an invisible blush.

Nodding her head with a happy little smile still on her lips, she would very mcuh like to move in tonight, hopefully she would be allowed an hour or so to settle in before she began work and such, although she would not mind if this was not the case.

"Why thank you for saying so Monsieur Becker, I will be sure to uphold the trust you have placed in me to work at your household. I would very much like to move in today, I will be able to send for my things?" Maria asked with her accent now coming through, now she was more comfortable.
Maria Arceneau
Maria Arceneau
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Becker Thu May 24, 2012 2:52 am

Leon had to admit that as a conversationalist Maria was definately someone he could see himself living with comfortably. It helped that she was incredibly attractive as well but he tried to assure himself that that was not his main reason for hiring her,

"Oh really?" he raised an eyebrow as she seemed to be trying to cool her cheeks from a blush, "So there's a word that the french language doesn't cover? Well now that is rather startling."

Seeing that she was happy to move into the house as soon as possible, he smiled happily. It was going to be good to have some company in the house after all. He smiled and bowed his head,

"It is my pleasure Madam Arceneau." he replied before smiling wider, "I'm very sure that you will uphold my trust in you. And of course you may move in today. I can have some removal men collect your belongings or you may collect them yourself if you like."
Leon Becker
Leon Becker
Got Des Assistenten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down