Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mislaid Plans (Tess and Humphrey)

2 posters

Go down

Mislaid Plans (Tess and Humphrey) Empty Mislaid Plans (Tess and Humphrey)

Post by Humphrey Williams Fri May 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Humphrey walked up to the abandoned tower, with Tess following right on his tail. He walked threw the stone entryway, and went to his favorite corner. "Well, here we are. Let me paint something real quick, and then you can let me know what you think." Humphrey told her.

Pulling up a blank canvas, he quickly painted the sign for The Three Broomsticks. Then he wrote Friday night underneath it, and put a large questionmark. It was a rough painting, quickly drawn. Handing it to her, he asked, "So? You want to meet there, at say seven o'clock?" He wanted to try going on a date with Tess, and he considered going along to get some butterbeers at The Three Broomsticks a date. Sadly, he didn't know Tess was dating Xander, since he just came back and hadn't really met Xander. It was a complete fluke that there was confusion. Mislaid plans, that is what he was asking for, though he couldn't be expected to know she had a boyfriend who he hadn't met before.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Mislaid Plans (Tess and Humphrey) Empty Re: Mislaid Plans (Tess and Humphrey)

Post by Tess McCartney Fri May 25, 2012 5:49 pm

Tess sat down and let him go sketch as he'd ask. She looked around, oblivious to what was to come, but as he flipped the drawing over a smile lit her face.

Oh! A drawing, it was very beautiful and clear, and she grinned widely. Tess being the oblivious person that she is, saw this as a friend date. She let out a small giggle and nodded.

"Oh that's so beautiful! I'd love to go with you" she said grinning. "It's a date!"

Her innocence, mixed with naivety, made her not realize the implications of her words, or his messages. To her this was a fun outing, one where she'd get to hang out with a friend she hadn't in a while.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Fri May 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Tess giggled and nodded, which he took as a good sign. She smiled her beautiful smile at him, and told him it was a date. "Really, you are willing to go on a date with a Werewolf. Pretty risky, don't you think. What if I have a sudden craving for blood?" he asked her, flashing what he tried to make a wolf-like grin. He couldn't believe somebody had actually agreed to go out with him this easily, especially somebody who knew he was a Werewolf. Humphrey was dreaming big, and he hoped that he would get to possibly kiss her at the end of the night they had their date. It was tomorrow night, he couldn't wait.

"I can't believe it actually worked. The idea just struck me, honestly I felt it was kind of a corny way to ask somebody on a date. Then I thought, hey, I'm a corny guy!" he exclaimed. He slipped an arm around her shoulder and hugged her lightly. "I can't wait to go grab some butterbeers with you. You are such an awesome, and slightly dorky, pretty girl. Way out of my league, that's for sure, and I definitely don't know how I managed to get you to come on a date with me...", he said. After being turned down by two different girls, Humphrey had low self-esteem. So, Tess agreeing, a girl everybody thought was gorgeous, was like the idea of a pig flying. At least to him it was.

Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Fri May 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Why would people say no? she thought wondering.

She smiled and let him hug her, she even hugged back confused by his reaction to her saying yes. Were people that bad to him? Well then they were terrible.

She blushed at his compliment and pulled back.

"Why would I even think of saying no?" she asked softly. "You're great! And don't say those things Humphrey, I'm nothing special."

She shrugged and wanted to lighten it up by nudging him.

"Plus when you said butterbeers, how could I say no?" she winked and grinned brightly.

For some reason the word date, flew over her head. After all why would someone want to go on a date date with her?

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Fri May 25, 2012 6:36 pm

He saw her blush, it made her look soo beautiful. "You know Tess, that blush of yours is just about the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. The red is absolutely perfectly complimenting, well, everything. This whole general area." he said, moving his hands a foot in front of her face in the shape of her head.

"Why would you think of saying no? Let's see, I'm a Werewolf, I have anger issues, I always say dumb things without thinking, Charlotte Smith didn't think I was worth going on a date with, I have no friends practically except for you, Keiba, and Charlotte, Keiba turned my offer of a date down as well, and the list goes on and on, and on." Humphrey told her, counting off the things wrong with him on his fingers.

"Ha! You have a completely skewed perception of yourself Tess McCartney. I am not great for one, and two: you are the most special person I've ever met. You didn't blink twice when I told you I was a Werewolf before agreeing to be my friend. That is odd, in a good way, but very special. Plus, you're really funny, smart, read books which is good, creative, geeky in a good way, shy in a super adorable way, and completely beautiful physically as well as personality-wise. If you aren't special, then my name is John Jacob Jingle Heimer Schmidt." he told her, looking her right in the eyes. "You. Are. So. Special. Don't you ever even think about forgetting that or I will have to tell you until it is ingrained into your long-term memory and subconscious memory."

"Well, you do have a point there, butterbeers are the most amazing drink I've ever tasted. They have good food too, we can eat dinner there as well. Oh, by the way, dinner and butterbeers is my treat. You can get the bill next time if you want, but this is my thank you present for welcoming me back Tess. Don't even bother arguing either, I won't budge. My mom always said if you take a lady to dinner, you pay for her, and open the door, and pull out her seat for her. So I am just following instructions." Humphrey said forcefully. There was no way Tess was paying for her own dinner, not this time at least.

"Tess, can you look at me for a sec. Listen to me, I know you are shy, and a little awkward socially. You are a fantastic person though, and the reason I like you so much is in part because of those qualities. I find your shy awkwardness adorable, and I love the fact that you don't consider yourself the prettiest girl ever. Because even though you definitely are drop-dead gorgeous, pride in looks is never a good quality. If you ever feel like you are not special, come find me, give me a hug, and I will remind you. Doesn't matter what time, day or night, okay?" he said. He needed her to know she could rely on him. Also, she needed to know how amazing he thought she was. Maybe if he told her, she would start to begin to believe it. Her self-esteem issues needed to begin to be addressed. They had been friends long enough where he should be able to.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat May 26, 2012 6:29 am

Tess had never heard things like that and she bit her bottom lip looking away. Humphrey was a sweetheart he really was, and no one had ever complimented her so much before.

Her gaze returned to him in surprise as he moved towards her. His compliments were new and a little rushed, but sweet and honest at the same time. She'd rather not contradict him in the comments about her looks for all the girls here were beautiful. But the way he stared at her calling her special, her cheeks still retained it's flushed state. What friend said those things?

"Look, you being a werewolf means nothing to me" she said softly. "You're my friend, and if someone thinks that highly of me, they better be sure I think highly of them too. You're very sweet, kind, and your anger issues..I see nothing of it. So stop bringing yourself down, there's nothing wrong with you."

She smiled at him shyly and squeezed his hand. She didn't accept his friend date as pity, but as the fact that he was her friend.

"And if Charlotte didn't see you're special, then her loss. As sweet as she is, she missed out on a sweeter person. And you asked Keiba? You two would be great together" she said oblivious to the implications. "But hey, you never know her loss too. Maybe she'll see her mistake later"

She said this because she could tell of the pain behind Keiba's rejection too. It seemed that he had deeper feelings for the Ravenclaw than he thought and she figured why not move him to keep trying to fight for her. She wanted him to be happy like she was with Xander.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Sat May 26, 2012 9:43 am

He could tell Tess was thinking about what he said, because she was biting her bottom lip. Charlotte did that too, except she sucked on her lip ring stud. It was his honest opinion of her, and he was glad when she flushed slightly. That was one of the things he loved about her, the fact she was shy and embarrassed easily, like him.

"I can tell that now. Still, it is odd in the wizarding world. Most people are very prejudiced towards werewolves and treat them like second class citizens. I'm glad you aren't like that. Hogwarts would be a lot duller without you to tease and talk to. I have more issues than you realize Tess. You haven't seen me angry before, the people who have no that I have anger issues. Also, I have lots of trust issues as well, but I am glad you think so well of me. I appreciate it." he said, a tone of genuine gratitude that she was his friend coloring his voice.

Then she squeezed his hand, and he blushed. He squeezed hers back, and laced his fingers through hers. After a minute, his cheeks started to return to their normal shade. "Wow, your hands are so soft, and, well...feminine. I am used to rough guy's hands for the most part. This is different, much better, and very nice. You had a great idea with that." Humphrey told her, smiling. He slipped an arm around her and pulled her into the hollow of his shoulder.

"See, my brain tells me that, but my heart is a whole different story. My heart is not rational, and even though it is healing, it still thinks of her in a special way. She is my best friend other than you and Keiba. We are close, always have been. I am glad she gave me some art lessons, because it is my second favorite thing to do now. Quidditch still takes first. Painting though, is more therapeutic for me." he said.

"The impression I got is Keiba wants to try it, just not now. Maybe in a little while. I think she will give me a chance though, which is nice of her. Keiba was my very first friend, might her on the Hogwarts Express." Humphrey said, smiling at the memory. "Personally, I think it would work if we tried it."

"Right now, though, you and me have a date at The Three Broomsticks. Well not right now, tomorrow, but you know what I mean." Humphrey told her. Then with his hand that was around her, he started playing with a lock of her hair. Twisting it gently, and seeing how it bounced back into place when he let go. "

You want a back rub?" he asked her. "I am good at giving them. I've been told my fingers know how to find tension, and relax the muscles. I learned in sports, because lots of people had sore muscles and we would sometimes give each other a short massage or help each other stretch out the knots in our muscles."
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat May 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Tess laughed softly and shook her head. His blush confused her, after all why would he blush to friend holding hands? She held hands with Victoria before, of course they were running away from death, and well the one time she found herself blushing was with Xander. But this situation didn't fit the other two, so she figured it was from his cheekiness. He was so funny, and at least in her opinion, the suggestion of a massage was the funniest yet. Pulling back from his body to face him, eyes bright she grinned.

"No thank you I'm perfectly fine" she said "Rain-check the massage. And oh, if you've only touched rough hands, does that mean you've only held men's hands before"

She couldn't help but tease him. It lightened up the situation of them having to accept his anger problems and his issues which made her uncomfortable to admit to herself that people weren't always so accepting. After all, her best friend was a creature herself and she couldn't deal with the idea of her being hated because she was a vampire.

As he played with her hair she rolled her eyes and nudged him softly.

"Well have hope, Keiba will come around, she'll be a fool not to" she said softly.

He was adorable and him and Keiba would be good together. She faltered a bit and was a bit confused at the mention of her in the whole situation, what would she matter towards his feelings. She didn't really understand, but played along, as usual.

"Well you better make the date a good one" she said oblivious to her meaning.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Sat May 26, 2012 4:07 pm

She laughed and let a grin slide across her features. That was when he felt good about himself. when he made her laugh and saw that brilliant, beautiful smile. For once, he felt as if they understood each other fully and completely, which is a rare thing to find. Then she pulled away and declined the offer.

"Well, I've held Charlotte's hand a couple times. The thing was though, because we are both in Swordmage training with Airen, her hands were rougher and calloused like a swordsman's. Not really rough, softer than mine, but still, not as delicate and feminine as yours are Tess." Humphrey explained, and his face turned an even deeper shade of red. "I got to say that holding hands with you feels natural too. Not awkward or anything like that." he said.

A wide, slightly crooked grin (it pulled slightly up on the left side), crossed his face. "So, I am a werewolf, are you hiding a secret creature identity from me? If you are I am totally cool with it, just curious to be perfectly honest." Humphrey told her. Werewolf, vampire, half-elf, or human made no difference to him.

He frowned, "She is probably making the right decision, at least that is what I think. The way I screw things up, well I don't want to hurt Keiba. If I hurt her, it would literally leave my heart so shattered that it would never be able to heal. It would be like a fine sawdust, with a tiny chunk of wood that has lots of nails and cuts in it. Jagged edges, and all that as well. Maybe if she says yes, I can tell her that if things start getting tense we should just go back to being best friends. It sounds like it would work better than both of us getting hurt if things go poorly. Yea, I'll do that if she does agree to try and date." Humphrey said, the glint in his eyes that always formed when he thought of his best friend. They lit up, and almost seemed to sparkle.

"Of course it will be a good one. I have a couple things planned for after our butterbeers, but it is a surprise. Honestly, I think you will love it. It should be fun for both of us. At least I think it will be." he told her.

"So, anybody else you are crushing on, or considering dating?" Humphrey asked her politely. For all he knew she could have dated a couple guys while he wasn't there.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sun May 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Tess raised her brow at his blushing. Had she done something? She didn't think so, so she went along with it. At the mention of holding hands she wondered if it meant anything more in the Muggle world, she mentally shrugged if off, Muggles were interesting people, but she didn't understand anything. To her at least in her opinion, hand-holding was a form of friendship.

"Secret identities?" she grinned at the question "Yes I'm a superhero at night" she finished laughing.

She wondered if she should tell him she was an animagus, she decided not to, at least she had to tell Victoria and Xander first, it was only fair after all. But her thoughts vanished as she saw the glint in his eye.

Well wasn't he oblivious towards his obvious fancy of Keiba. She sighed, honestly boys were so thick sometimes. She would later miss the irony of her statement towards her own obliviousness towards the situation. Maybe Keiba would come around and he'd be with her in no time, at least that's what she thought.

"Crushing on?"

She didn't really understand the question, but she smiled softly. Considering dating? Well she didn't need to date, she had someone she cared for very much, too early to say love because...love was too scary for her.

"I don't do dates" she said tilting her head to the side. "I-I've never really gone on a date"

And she hadn't; with Xander they were friend outings, and their one almost date was the picnic where he put on the table all his feelings. And she remembered clearly how it surprised her and how happy she was. Her cheeks flushed at the memory and her eyes glazed over thinking about how lucky she was.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue May 29, 2012 1:58 am

He could tell Tess didn't quite understand what he meant by holding her hands. She blushed, but her face was a little flustered. Humphrey could tell she thought of it as more of a friendship thing. "I knew it. Let me guess, you are actually Catwoman, aren't you?" he asked her in his teasing tone of voice. She played along so well with him at this type of thing.

Humphrey could tell she was considering whether or not to tell him something. It must be something pretty important, and secretive if she was considering keeping it a secret from him. Then, a slightly frustrated look came across her face, and he wondered what was going through her head. "Okay, why do you look like you are hiding something, Tess? Spill, everything you tell me I keep in close confidence. I am not going to tell anybody else, but can you tell me?" he asked her in a leading tone of voice.

"I knew there must have been somebody. Come on, spill, who is he? Have I met him yet?" Humphrey asked her. This was what he was waiting for.

"Ah, I haven't yet either. Not for lack of trying, believe me. But, apparently, I'm just not boyfriend material. Honestly I'm not surprised, I've been a horrible person. I knew nobody would ever want to be with me, it just hurts that I was right. Because I was still hoping I would be wrong, but...I wasn't. Charlotte didn't want to date me, Keiba didn't want to date me. I'm just glad we are going to that date at The Three Broomsticks. That will be a great time." he said, attempting to smile, but ended up being a twitch, and then tears spilled over his cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I cry more than most girls I know. I'm pathetic, just a weak little boy who can't even take a girl turning him down. This is why I spend so much time alone up here, to cry where nobody can see me..." Humphrey said. He hadn't told anybody else that before, but it had happened up here on more than one occasion.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Thu May 31, 2012 6:13 am

Tess was trying to speak, she really was, but as he kept rambling she felt herself realize something more and more. He was really damaged and it broke her heart. Rejection was never something that people dealt with well, and being rejected she figured so many times does lower one's esteem of themselves.

But as his tears fell, she felt her own begin to rise. Damn it, this always happened to her, when someone cried she ended up being a blubbery mess too. She simply leaned towards him, got on her tippy toes and wrapped her arms around his waist hugging him. He was taller than her, and certainly more extroverted, but he needed some healing.

"It's okay, don't be ashamed" she whispered against his chest. "Don't cry..I'm here no worries, come on now you're fine. You're more than you see yourself for okay"

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Thu May 31, 2012 6:56 am

"Why shouldn't I? Nobody aside from you thinks of me, well, you know what I mean. Nobody thinks I'm special except you. Yea, they are my friend, but the moment I want something more, they run. I can't help it, I am just a pathetic person. Now, I am even a monster, every single full moon. Who could ever love me?" Humphrey said, crying into her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, this is what I hate about myself. So, emotionally weak. This is why I took Occlumency, so I would learn how to hide my true emotions from people. Sorry you have to deal with me like this. It isn't fair to you to start bawling like a baby. I'll leave if you want me to. It must be pretty uncomfortable for you." Humphrey said.

Looking into her eyes, he asked her. "Am I really worth anybody's time? I mean, they'd have to do a lot of repair work, definitely a fixer-upper. Most girls don't want to do all that work, I mean sure, play nurse every once in a while. But not a full time mental counselor, because I am so damaged I don't know what to do with myself." he admitted.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Thu May 31, 2012 11:33 am

Tess wiped his tears and frowned sniffling a bit herself. Those girls had really done a job on Humphrey and she felt terrible. How could he call himself a monster?!

"Don't! Don't say that about yourself! You're not a monster, you're you" she said eyes filling with frustrated tears.

She squeezed him in the hug and pulled back to give him a bright smile, at least trying to.

"Hey do you see me leaving right now?" she hummed out. "I'm right here with you. And...and I know Keiba is your best friend, but if you ever need me I'll be there too. If you ever need anything, I'll help you with anything you want me too"

She smiled softly and patted his back softly trying to comfort him.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Thu May 31, 2012 12:44 pm

Tess wiped his tears away, and looked like her heart was breaking for him. She was being so, caring. It was such an unexpected reaction from what he had expected. "W-well, i-if y-you say s-s-so, you a-are the b-b-better p-p-person with all th-this emotion stuff." he choked out past the tears. It felt so good to have somebody consider him such a good friend. then she started crying, and he switched roles with her.

"Okay, now you need to stop crying Tess. I mean, yea, you still look beautiful, and your tears look little watery gemstones. However, I do hate to see you upset. Come here." Humphrey said, and hugged her to his chest, putting the hollow of his shoulder where her head could rest. "You already are making me feel better."

Then, he pulled away just long enough to wipe away her tears, and caught one on his left index finger. Looking through her tears, he examined her. "Hmm, you are rainbow colored now Tess. Pretty cool looking, I am going to definitely have to paint this sometime. It is...awesome. One of the prettiest girls I've ever met, with different shades of light on her face. Pretty dang awesome, how do you stay so beautiful?" Humphrey asked her. "Is it just a natural talent you have."

"Well, right now, it is kind of hard for me being around Keiba, because I want more out of our relationship than she does. Yea, we still get along great, and talk about everything. Yet, at the same time, I just want to hold her hand, kiss her on the cheek, pull her into my chest and watch her fall asleep. I, I think I'm in love with her. But, I don't know, she doesn't want that with me. At least not now, so I should just try not to think about it too much. It is hard not to, though."
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Thu May 31, 2012 5:56 pm

Tess allowed him to pull her closer, and she leaned against him. Poor thing, honestly why was the world so cruel to him? It hurt her, none of her friends deserved it.

She sniffled a bit trying to keep her tears at bay. She lifted her own hand and wiped the rest of her tears and smiled slightly.

"Stop complimenting me, perhaps do that to yourself" she murmured. "See what I see okay? I see a kind Gryffindor boy, who is a ginormous flirt, who has a big heart and despite what people say he is not a monster, but one of the bestest friends I've made here"

She patted his chest softly and nodded understanding him, or at least trying to.

"Try to forget, she'll come around you'll see" she said and gave him a smile despite her watery eyes.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Thu May 31, 2012 6:46 pm

He could tell she was fighting to hold back her tears. She hurt for him, and he appreciated the empathy, sympathy, and compassion she always showed him. Also, the loyalty to him, she would never betray him. That was the quality of a Hufflepuff.

"You know, this is what I mean by a bit like a Hufflepuff. You are loyal, trustworthy, and the best friend I could ever hope to have Tess. I mean it. It just didn't come across like that. You assumed I meant it as a pushover, I know you are tougher than you look. We are similar in that way, we don't trust people often. But when we do, they are our friends for life." Humphrey said softly, sharing the moment with her.

"Your heart is huge, it fills up more than the average person with more love, and more care for me than I could ever expect. We share a friendship love, and that is the most important kind. It is part of all other types of love, as the Greeks have four words for love. One is brotherly love, one is love between man and woman, and one is friendship love, and one is sacrificial love. Agape is sacrificial, with the cool accent mark over the a. Philia, is the friendship love. affection, loyalty, and close friendship. The last two are Eros with the accent mark over the E, which is between man and woman. And finally, the last is Storge, which is natural affection. Like the love parents have for children." he explained to her. You are good at showing all types, though I do need to meet this guy you like? Do I know him?" Humphrey asked her.

"Well, I can dream. The problem is she is out of my league, and I only flirt with very special people. Most of the time I make it obvious I am teasing. But this serious flirting, I only do it with people like you, who are very important to me." Humphrey smiled. "I can dream, everybody needs a dream. The target to aim for, and hope you can hit it." he said, it was a classic metaphor for love. "Cupid's arrow, you know..." he whispered, and mimed shooting her with a bow and arrow.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:53 am

Tess wiped her last of tears and smiled brightly. Honestly he could lighten up a mood easily and she smiled pretending to be hit by the arrow.

"All your types of love, they are all very distinct I agree but love...love is very strong. I have not experienced that..that intense love"

She shook her head and sighed. Love was something that was terrifying for her. She liked Xander, he was her boyfriend, but she didn't want to rush it to be called love. She loved him..perhaps she didn't really want to dwell on that, it wasn't about her, it was about her friend.

"Then flirt!" she said grinning. "I heard there is such a thing as harmless flirting, and you already do that. Wait for love, don't rush towards it Humphrey, just...you can't hurry love."

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:09 pm

"This is my favorite part of hanging with you. You play along with my ridiculous flirtatious ideas. Very good acting, I give it a five star rating." Humphrey said, winking at her. She always made him feel so good about himself.

"Well, that type of love is rare. It takes complete openness, and honesty. Learning to trust somebody that much, it takes time. That is why so many people never experience that intense feeling for somebody. Or, they do, but then it just fizzles out. As so many poets said, love is like a flame, you have to keep tending it to keep it burning. One of my favorite metaphors for love. You have to keep it controlled to a certain extent, but also let it burn, breathe, if you know what I mean." he explained to her.

"Those aren't my types of love, that is just the specificity of the Greek Language." he said, grinning widely at her. "Thank the people who invented the Greek language for that, not me. I am just a studious person." Humphrey couldn't take credit for what somebody else had done. Lots of other people had done, in fact.

"What do you think I am doing up here Tess, hmm?" Humphrey teased her in his lighthearted, playful tone. "If this isn't flirting, then I don't know what is. I try it with Keiba too, but she is a cautious person. It will take time to get her to open up, and explore her feelings. Whether or not she really does like me, or not." he smiled. "I think she might at least give me a chance. She definitely implied she would think about it." Humphrey said happily, with major hope, and optimism coloring his voice.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:58 am

At his mention of love she wondered if that was what she needed to do with Xander. Xander was the best guy she'd ever met, he was kind to her, cocky yes, arrogant, definitely, but it was part of his charm. Especially when he simply opened up to her and was honest to her. She smiled thinking of the dance at her home when he arrived and dragged her off.

"Hm...perhaps one day I'll trust" she murmured distractedly. "But not now"

She couldn't love now. She wasn't open with her emotions when it came to love. She was a caring person yes, but as for letting people in, there were only two people who had done that and that weren't blood related. First was Victoria, her sister. She promised to protect her from anything, and despite the fact she'd age and Victoria wouldn't really, which hurt her greatly, she would protect her till she'd die. Secondly was well Xander but she trusted him and cared for him greatly, but it was different from Victoria, for one thing he protected her and she never felt safer either. Everything he did with her seemed special, as if, as if they were just right together, who knew how long, but she'd enjoy it while it lasted.

"It's hard to trust, and be open. Keiba was thinking about it though, that's good" she said smiling. "As for me, well I can't help it I'm a magnet" she said smiling.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:01 pm

It hurt him deeply to see her think that, and admit it to him. "Not one day, now, Tess. That is the problem with changing yourself, if you keep putting it off it will never happen. Change, real change, is when you break down, cry, hate, get angry, yell at the wall, and experience all of the emotions humans can. It is the days when you are all over the place, those are the days that change you. When your emotions are just so riled up they just brim over. Those are the day, when I will always, always!, be here for you Tess. You can trust me, because those days, when I see the real you. Well those are days that I cherish." Humphrey told her, taking Tess' hand in his left. Then he wrapped his right arm around her, and hugged her close to him.

He'd always been a sucker for anybody who was struggling. Especially when they were these amazing girls, pretty, amazing personalities, cute, and each of them unique. If there was one thing that Humphrey always did the right thing about, it was when he saw a sad girl he didn't ignore it. No matter what the situation, he would try to get out a laugh, or a smile. Somehow, most of the time at least, he managed to help them. Humphrey realized that helping people was a gift he had been blessed with.

"You think I don't know that?" he asked her, raising one eyebrow. "Trust, is the reason why people who are friends before dating generally have a better relationship. Not always, sometimes you meet a girl who is just so perfect for you, you know it immediately. But, even then, it is better to build the friendship first. It gives you a foundation of loving friendship, trust, and so many other things to start from." Humphrey explained in the best way he knew how.

"Magnet, ha! Tess, you are more like the black hole of Hogwarts. Every guy who sees you is sucked in by your beauty, personality, and awesomely quirky social awkwardness. You are just, well, Tess McCartney. There is not another girl in the world like you." He hoped this would make her feel special, and loved.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Tess smiled softly and allowed him to pull her against him. She smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder amused. He was cute, and while his assumptions towards her waiting for love was a bit rushed, she found it endearing.

"While all of that is fine and well, I don't just open up to anyone. People are cruel sometimes, and rather than get hurt I am cautious. It's natural for Slytherins to not trust others. And rather than jeopardize my emotional state, I'd rather be wary." she murmured patting his hand. "Still, thank you for saying you'll be there for me, you're the best."

Looking up at him she shrugged blushing lightly at his exaggeration of her looks.

"There is only one of me isn't there" she smirked.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down