Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dangerous Training (Humphrey and Odette)

2 posters

Go down

Dangerous Training (Humphrey and Odette) Empty Dangerous Training (Humphrey and Odette)

Post by Humphrey Williams Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Humphrey had decided to try a form of dangerous training. It would test his reflexes, speed, flexibility, wits, and particularly his balance. What he wanted to do is aggravate the Whomping Willow and use his Werewolf speed and strength to dodge its strikes. It was risky, but it would be excellent training and even if it hit him it probably would not kill him. "Repulso!" he bellowed, pushing once of its branches into its trunk.

Then the game began, it was already starting to twitch and swing its limbs violently. He dodged the first couple, his face becoming a blank mask of concentration. Avoiding it took all of his skill and he quickly began to sweat. Unknown to him, somebody had just seen him and was now watching him avoid the dangerous tree.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Dangerous Training (Humphrey and Odette) Empty Re: Dangerous Training (Humphrey and Odette)

Post by Odette Cambry Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Odette walked along the grounds whistling to herself and having a pep in her step. It was nice to get out of the grounds, and god did she need it. Odette hadn't felt the fresh air in weeks, as she had locked herself up in her dorm or the library. Tonight was the night things would change, and she couldn't be happier to feel the air rushing on her face.

Odette squinted and noticed the Whomping Willow acting up. Frowning, she hesitantly began walking there to see what was happening, and gasped in shock. It was Humphrey messing around with it, and Odette felt her face grow as red as her hair in anger. "HUMPHREY WILLIAMS." Odette yelled out in her Irish drawl. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING."
Odette Cambry
Odette Cambry
Gryffindor Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Dangerous Training (Humphrey and Odette) Empty Re: Dangerous Training (Humphrey and Odette)

Post by Humphrey Williams Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Humphrey's face hardened into a scowl as he focused. He wouldn't be hit by this tree, he just wouldn't. If he couldn't dodge these limbs what would happen if he was caught in a battle? The fact was he would be toast within minutes unless he learned to dodge as well or better than he could attack. So that's what he was busy practicing, making it dangerous to be realistic. When he wanted to stop it he knew where the knot in the trunk was and could go press it.

In the middle of a diving roll he heard an Irish girl yelling his name. The only Irish girl he knew was...Odette Cambry, but he hadn't seen her in ages. Almost falling and getting hit by a branch, he received a cut on his cheek from a thin edge of a larger branch. Dodging the limbs, he soon reached the trunk and pressed the knot. Instantly the Whomping Willow froze, and he walked over to the person who was indeed Odette Cambry.

"I was training for your information." he told her. Wiping the blood that was leaking from the mid-sized cut, he got slightly agitated. "Where in the world have you been? I haven't seen you in like, two years practically. Except for now and again in the common room that is. What have you been doing? Why haven't you talked to me?" he asked her, slightly angry with her for not telling him anything. "I missed talking to you. I lost so many friends, and I thought I'd lost you too." he said quietly at the end. Then he opened his arms, giving her an offer of a hug.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cambry Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:26 am

Odette winced when she saw Humphrey get hit, and then she crossed her arms over her chest, a scowl on her face. It was his fault for getting hit. He was being a complete and utter moron. But, being generous, Odette pulled out a small potion she used for cuts and a handkerchief, biting her lip, worried to see how bad it would be.

"What's next? Running from the werewolves?" Odette shot at him with venom in her tone. It was only out of care, but she didn't want to see him in the hospital wing with a neck brace. Odette motioned to his cheek, pouring a generous amount of the potion to put on his cheek. "This might sting a bit." Odette warned, patting his cheek gently. She completely danced around the question, but this was more important. Watching the cut heal was the strangest part, as the blood disappeared in a cloud of smoke and the skin looked like it did before, no marks or blemishes showing otherwise.

"Humphrey, don't get feely right now. You almost gave me a heart attack." Odette groaned, but she gave him a hug all the same, happy he was unharmed. "You'll never lose me, okay? I just have a tendency to drop off the face of the planet for a bit." She sighed, hating admitting her feelings. Feelings and emotions were for the weak, and by god Odette wasn't weak.
Odette Cambry
Odette Cambry
Gryffindor Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:18 am

Humphrey waited while Odette fussed over his cut, smiling the whole time. It was nice to have somebody fuss over him sometimes, not all the time, but occasionally. "It would be running with the werewolves in my case, seeing how I am one. I tried running from one once, didn't work too well." he told her with a shrug. Wincing as the potion smarted and took effect, he felt immediate relief. Magic was such a wonderful and useful thing. There wouldn't even be a scar left. "Thanks Detty, you're very handy to have around you know. In the future I'll try not to be so...reckless, okay." he said, trying to have her not worry.

"Sorry, I didn't think anybody would see me you know. Oh come on, you know you love the feelyness." Humphrey teased. Letting go and taking a seat, he made himself comfortable. "I better not. Well try not to do it, or at least owl me or something to let me know you are okay. So I don't worry and all." Smiling at her a bit, he felt glad he had a good friend back.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down