Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coffee (Open)

4 posters

Go down

Coffee (Open) Empty Coffee (Open)

Post by Cobalt Smith Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:55 am

Cobalt groaned a little bit in annoyance as he moved over to the only non-magical thing in the entire staffroom, the coffee-maker. Despite all their magical knowledge, the best minds of the wizarding world had still not found a way to beat a muggle's freshly ground coffee. The muggle contraptions just made it the best. And, as an added bonus, they made the air around them smell of the beautiful smell of freshly roasted coffee.

As he pressed a few buttons, he sighed before deciding what to do. Beginning to clean the coffee machine before he put in some new coffee beans, Cobalt set the machine to make a fresh pot before moving over to the comfortable sofa to one side of the staff room. Sinking into it with a grimace, he moaned in annoyance. His muscles felt like they were on fire!

But that's what he got for attempting a new technique.
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Coffee (Open) Empty Re: Coffee (Open)

Post by Sofia Slytherin Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Sofia sighed as she walked into the staff lounge and smiled when she smelt the coffee. Someone had made coffee in the muggle machine. That was the best way to drink coffee. Noticing it was almost done she waited for it to finish and then poured herself a cup.

She had not noticed that Professor Smith was in the room until she turn around.

"Good day Professor" Sofia said with a smile and then went over to a table and pulled out the papers she had shrunk into her pocket. She had final exam to write and OWL's too. so much to do so little time to do it in.

"So how is things going for you Professor?"

Sofia was unsure how much everyone knew about her past issue and hoped people would understand and they could move past it.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:40 pm

Cobalt had caught Sofia's scent coming his way a while ago but he honestly couldn't bring himself to care. He knew a lot of people were judging her recently because of what she'd done before. But that was the past. And when you reached Cobalt's age, living his lifestyle, you learnt that the past was something to learn from. It was something to draw strength from. The past was not something to dwell on and it certainly wasn't something to live in,

"Morning Sofia." he answered her tiredly as he tried to rotate his arms to try and get some of the stiffness out of them, "Exams I take it?"

Seeing that the coffee was made, Cobalt picked up two cups and walked over to the machine,

"Cream and sugar?" he asked her over his shoulder before chuckling, "I've been trying a new spell. The healer said I'd torn every muscle in my right arm. Even ones that aren't usually used."
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:00 am

Sofia smiled a little when Cobalt started talking to her, she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yes, I can deal with every other aspects, but I hate exams." Sofia shrugged.

Sofia smiled when he offered her a cup of coffee, "Sure I will take both, thank you."

Sofia was listening to his injury and it didn't sound too comfortable,

"Well if you would be a little more careful, don't throw your whole body into the fight." Sofia laughed, "I know a few tricks if you would like me to try?"
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:17 am

Cobalt chuckled a little bit. Once you realised that life was just a series of tests, something adults accepted in their forties, then exams all seemed so easy. Or maybe that was just him,

"Eh I quite like exams. Easy and straight forward to mark at least." he said with a shrug as he made her coffee, "Not a problem."

Handing her the coffee he chuckled a little bit before sipping at his own. Placing his cup on the table he shook his head,

"Why does everyone assume I fight all the time? Nah I got this from research." he told her honestly before smirking, "Do you have any idea how to weave a pain-relief charm into an existing spell that targets the muscles in the arms?"
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 am

Sofia laughed a little as she took the cup from him. "Grading the exams is the easy part, its the writing them that makes it changeling. I lost all my old test so I have to come up with new ones."

Sofia took a drink of her coffee and noticed he got the flavoring just perfect. "Wow, your good at the coffee, I might have to hunt you up more often to make it." Sofia said with a smile.

Sofia stood up and smiled, "Well it would be pretty rough research then." Sofia patted the chair, "Here have a seat and let me try something."
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by LessiJames Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:06 pm

"Hello professors,"Lessi said as she entered the room smelling coffee she poured herself some.
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:48 am

Sofia had heard another voice walk into the room and when she turned she blanked for a moment and the looked up and realized that it was Professor James.

"Ahs, you must be Milfred's sister. I have been wanting to meet you."

She noticed that Cobalt still had not sat down, "Come on Cobalt sit down and let me try to help you."
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by LessiJames Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:49 am

"It's nice to met you,"she replied.She wondered what Cobalt needed help with and if she should leave after all this might be a private matter.
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:33 am

Cobalt had been absorbed in drinking his coffee, enjoying the taste immensely, and had kind of zoned out of the conversation. He hummed a little bit when he heard his name again and grinned slightly,

"Sorry, fresh coffee always takes me miles away." he joked before sitting down and presenting Sofia with the arm that was damaged, "Here it is... I've healed and regenerated the worst parts. Hurts like hell but still."

He waved Lessi over with his free hand,

"Think you can help?" he asked her with a grin, "Seems my new technique takes my muscles down with it... anything you can do to help?"
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:34 am

Sofia just shook her head at Cobalt, "Thats ok, I have those types of days too."

Sofia watched as he sat down in front of her and gave her his arm, generally it worked better on a bare shoulder, but she thought she would just try it anyway.

Sofia started to massage his shoulder and was saying a spell that she learned a long time ago. It was a healing spell that she found in one of her grandfathers old journals. it was suppose to help heal deep tissue damage, seeing that her family had a lot of problems with things it came in handy.

"Sana quod fit intra iniuriam, Tollis dolorem" Sofia kept repeating over and over again as she rubbed his shoulder. She was not really sure the extent of the damage, so she was unaware of how he would feel when she was done.

"Usually works better on a bare skin, but we shall see the idea is about the same. So how do you feel?"

Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:21 am

Evangeline wandered through the halls of Hogwarts, she was never normally in the school that long, just to teach her classes and then she went back to the Ministry to continue her job, however, Jack continued to persist with this topic of making new friends...so she thought that she might try to do just that.

Blinking, her harsh silver eyes locking onto a group of gossiping students before they all moved away silently when they realised that she was looking at them. Sighing she opened the door to the staff room, a covering on her arm hiding her latest tattoo.

Seeing Cobalt there, the man who had once spoken to her, along with two women, for a moment Evangeline froze and she wondered if she should leave, but she didn't and instead nodded at each person, her eyes skipping over the refreshments on the table nearby.

"Greetings professors." she stated "Cobalt, I am most pleased to see you again."

Tilting her head to one side she let her eyes flash a little brighter as she took in the number above his head, in his condition his lifespan was much shorter; "What have you done to yourself?" she asked him.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:52 am

Cobalt didn't especially want to start flashing skin by taking his shirt off but the massage technique she was using didn't really seem to be having any effect. When Evangeline came in through the door he smiled a little bit and waved his free hand at her,

"Hey there Eva." he greeted her brightly, "Sophia was just trying to fix my muscles back together."

When she asked him what he had done to himself he flinched a little bit and looked a little bit sheepish,

"I was experimenting with spells..." he admitted, "One of them messed up the muscles in my arm pretty bad."
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by LessiJames Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 pm

"Hello,"Lessi greeted the professor.Eva gave off a strange vibe and Lessi wondered if she was human.
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:37 am

Evangeline blinked softly when she heard that Cobalt had managed to do something to his muscles, that really did need to be fixed before it got too serious, after all, it could begin to effect his movements and soon after that the way his organs worked. She just hoped that this Sofia woman knew what she was doing.

"Well I believe you should probably see a healer as soon a possible, it is rather serious." she stated with a small hum "Don't do anything to make it worse."

Sitting down not far from Cobalt, rather stiffly as she did so, Evangeline looked at the other professors she had not met, and she blinked at them, especially the one who had spoken to her, she was glad to see that one of them had gotten the courage to speak. She did give off an unpleasant vibe...she knew.

"Hello, my name is Evangeline Webb, I currently cover potions and work in the Department of Mysteries, what do you do?" she asked, still staring at the lady.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down