Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrounded By Tree's

2 posters

Go down

Surrounded By Tree's Empty Surrounded By Tree's

Post by Jacqueline Girard Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Jaqui had found the Silent Wood's one day when wandering, per usual. The Girard manor was a boring place full of hostility towards her. Maman and Papa had a problem with Jaqui, due to her blatant ignorance of their beliefs. She never said a thing about it, but they could tell by her behaviour that she was gentle, sweet and un-judgemental - unlike the rest of her family. She heard her parents whispers to each other at night.

It was always the same, the cold looks, the few short, snappy words directed at her, the ignorance of her on family outings and never introducing her to new people. She had always been left to fend for herself, ever since she was a toddler and had proclaimed that hating Muggle-borns was 'Silly!'. Her Maman didn't hold that against her, thinking she was just a child, but when she only shrugged at her Maman's proclamations of how filthy Muggle's and 'Mudbloods' were her Maman had known.

Jaqui, being the polite and gentle girl she was had never defied her Maman in words, not wishing to upset her- but when Salina had told her that she was wrong in a letter if had broken Jaqui's heart to hear that Maman had disowned her. But, Jaqui thought, now was not the time to dwell on other people's problems.

Jaqui took a seat on a fallen tree, elbows resting on her knees as she cupped her chin with her hands. Oh loneliness, my old friend, why must you always be with me? I do wish you'd leave me alone, Jaqui thought to herself, a bemused smile on her features. Loneliness was an emotion she had become used to. Her sœur's had always ignored her and scowled at her, her Maman had always ignored her too along with her Papa. She had no friends, she had no acquaintances, she had no friendly family members.

Loneliness was, in a way, her only friend.

Jacqueline Girard
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Surrounded By Tree's Empty Re: Surrounded By Tree's

Post by Cain Valerian Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:25 am

Cain was just about to turn back to rejoin the heard when he heard someone movnig around this part of the forest, he had rarely talked to humans since he moved here, or at all, this being frowned upon by the elders of the group, but also because very few humans decided that walking in woods was a good idea.

Slowly he made his way towards the sound and watched for a moment from the trees, it was a woman, a species that he had very little practice in talking to, and he watched a few moments more, tales of women had often included their hostility.

Deciding he was in no immediate danger Cain stepped out of the shadows, a good foot taller than the woman thanks to his horses body and stood there blinking for a moment or two before coughing uncertainly.

"Greetings, I hope that you are well, young lady. What brings you to the forest at this time?"
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqueline Girard Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 am

Jaqui felt her body tense as she heard soft footfalls near her, but she kept her head down. She slowly moved one of her hands over her jeans and to her boot, where her wand was tucked away. She heard whoever it was cough before greeting her with, "Greetings, I hope that you are well, young lady. What brings you to the forest at this time?" Jaqui's head shot up and she was surprised to see a centaur. His horse body was of a chestnut colour or 'tan' as some called it and she looked into his eyes with surprise.

Slowly, she stood up. She'd heard of Centaur's not holding any fondness for her species, so she made her movements slow and non-threatening. She smiled warmly at the Centaur. "Oh, 'allo. I come to dwell in my loneliness and annoyance with life," Jaqui's smile faded as she pursed her lips. "And what brings you to thees part of ze forest not accompanied by your own herd?" Jaqui asked.

"Oh, please do excuse me, where are mine manners? My name ees Jacqueline Girard, but you may call me Jaqui," she told him softly, still cautious around him. She had not heard many good things about Centaur's at home, though she rarely heard anything good about anything other than Pureblood's at home.

Jacqueline Girard
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Cain was glad that the human seemed to be making slow movements, he tended to get startled by fast moving things especially when it was something that he had no experiance with, and human women were one of those things.

Smiling ever so lightly when she looked into his eyes Cain returned the same curtesy, her voice was strange, it was not of this country, yet having no knowledge of real human life he did not know where it was in fact from.

Allowing himself to go off on a tangent Cain slowly dragged himself back after a while to return the warm smile.

"I have come here to be seperate. I do not much care for crowds."

When the woman introduced herself to him Cain bobbed down on his front legs in a low bow, of course he must use his manners regardless of species.

"It is a pleasure Jaqui. Your voice is strange. Where do you hail?"
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqueline Girard Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 pm

He was polite and it threw her off guard, due to the things she had heard about such creatures. Not that she had ever really been interested or believed in what her Maman and Papa did. They were prejudiced losers in her opinion, but she was too respectful to tell them so.

"Nor do I," she said in turn after his comment that he did not care much for the crowds. "I 'ave never been one to be at ze parties, or in a big group. I 'ave always been shunned by everyone, even my own parents and seesters," she told him in a mournful voice. She was ever so lonely, and his company made her feel better. She did not care for his half-human half-horse body, everyone was equal in her opinion.

When Cain dropped down on his front legs in a very low bow, Jaqui felt a smile arise and her eyes lit up. Never had she been treated with such respect. Her Maman and Papa had always sneered at her, her sisters had always looked at her like she was scum, and others had always looked down their noses at her like she was a piece of dirt on their shoe, so to be treated with such respect was heart warming.

She draped her arm over her stomach and also bowed in turn, biting her lip once she had straightened so as not to giggle. "I 'ail from ze land of France," she said this sourly. France, it wasn't all that great, she told herself. Her family thought so, but she despised the country. "Eet ees not zat great, France. Everybody theenks so, but eet ees not!" She realised that her voice had gone high pitched and she coughed lightly. "Sorry, I get most upset when talking of zat place," she said in a softer voice.

Jacqueline Girard
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Cain was a little surprised, for what he had been told of human women they often liked to huddle together in packs and discuss things such as fashion and what not, things he did not know the slightest thing about.

"Well I shall not shun you, have you no fear of that. For you have not deserved such treatment, I can tell."

His voice was low and often was described as quite mournful, after all, Centaurs operated by the system that anything that was worth saying was worth taking their time to say it, so he quietly nodded his head.

Straightening up as Jaqui also bowed to him he noted that she seemed to be struggling not to laugh.

"France? I have not been there. Nor heard much about it. Do not worry. I will be sure not to mention it again, I was merely curious."

Cain looked up at the sky and gave a small 'hmm' noise as he figured out the movement of the moon which could still be seen even though there was daylight still, normally, this was not meant to be a pleasant sign.

"I have a family, my heard, they also shun me, but I do not mind so much anymore."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqueline Girard Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Jaqui smiled at Cain and took another step closer, pausing a moment to admire his coat before returning her eyes back to his own. "Why would your 'erd shun you, good Centaur?" In France, it was common that when you met someone of a perfect manners and gentle spirit, you called them 'good man', but since Jaqui thought it might offend Cain to call him something he was only half of, she called him Centaur.

"You 'ave not presented to me any reason why you would be shunned?" Jaqui continued.

Jacqueline Girard
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Cain couldn't help but smile, a slow and graceful smile as he was called 'good' the truth was that he was far from good, he was one of the worst centaurs of the pack simply because he did not want to be a centaur, he wanted to be human and to live as humans to, to finally leave the forest and maybe even see France, even if it wasn't very nice.

"Why is anyone shunned?"

He looked at Jaqui as she took a step closer, warily flicking his eyes over her as he made sure that she was not stepping closer in an attack.

"Because they are different. I am different because I see things other than stars, I see medicine and science and the joy of humanity that my brothers turn away from."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqueline Girard Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:02 am

Jaqui shrugged her shoulders at his wise comment. "Ah, ze answer to zat question is un-known to mine self," she responded, for why indeed was anyone shunned? Wasn't everyone entitled to their own views, personalities, opinions? Was that not the worlds goal? Equality? Probably not. Jaqui thought sourly.

She saw the wariness in his eyes as she stepped closer and she smiled warmly. "My dear Cain, I am not 'ear to 'urt you. I am not one to 'urt anything, intelligent or instinct reliant," Jaqui told him ggently as she closed the gap between him with slow movements and placed a hand on his shoulder. "In my eyes, you are not a beast. You are just another intelligent species. Zat is 'ow I theenk of eet," she smiled at him again.

"And zat ees understandable," Jaqui sighed. "My family, zey do not like me for I do not believe in zere beliefs. I do not believe zat muggle's are scum and zat pureblood's like mine self are better zen muggle borns. I understand what you are talking about, good Cain," she let her hand drop to her side.

Jacqueline Girard
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:26 am

Cain nodded, the real answer to this was unknown to himself also, he so desperately wanted to cure the prejudice of his brothers, for they could not show to the humans that they were different if they did not try to believe they were so.

"It is unknown to me also, I know the reason, yet I do not know why people feel the need to act upon others difference."

Watching, warily and unblinking as Jaqui stepped closer Cain almost stepped backwards in alarm when she reached her hand out to touch his shoulder but he stayed still, his reluctance no doubt showing in his eyes.

"My apologies, I do not mean to offend, I am not used to being so close to a human, or even to a centaur that I am not locked in battle with."

Bowing once more Cain straightened up swiftly, his leather tunic although worn made a smalll squeaking sound as he did so. He was a little surprised that Jaqui was going through something that he was also going through, and he bit his lip.

"Why do you call me 'good Cain' I have done nothing good? I have let my father down by not assuming leader of my heard...that does not make me good?" he asked, confused.
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqueline Girard Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:49 am

"I completely agree," Jaqui said. "Ees eet not important to be your own personality?" Jaqui shrugged. The way the minds of others worked were beyond her reasoning.

Jaqui could see his hesitance to allow her so close to him, and to even touch him. "Do not worry, good Cain, for I am not offended," she told him, before being bewildered as he bowed to her and smiling wryly. "Please, you need not be so formal with me. I am not fussed with manners and zat," Jaqui laughed.

He seemed confused by her insistence to call him good, and she laughed when he asked her about it. She shook her head lightly and rested a hand on her hip and she licked her lips, for they had become dry. "In my 'ome country, eet ees tradiation zat when someone of good manners ees met, you are to call zem 'good'. Eet ees a very old tradition, but I quite like tradition." She shrugged, hoping this was a good enough explanation.

"Why would wanting to be different from you Papa- I mean father, be a bad theeng? Uniqueness ees far more valuable zen blending in. Embrace who you are on ze inside, do not do something just because others wish eet so!"

Jacqueline Girard
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:07 am

Cain was flustered and even blushed a little when he was told not to be so formal with Jaqui, he didn't know anything different, in this case he was being informal because he wasn't constantly bowing when he was talking to her, as he would do with his father.

"Forgive me, I do not mean to be formal I am just not used to any other conduct, I will try to tone it down."

Beginning to bow again Cain stopped and straightened up, remembering that he wasn't supposed to be formal around his new acquaintence. A small lopsided smile appeared on his lips and Cain blushed once more, moving his hoof on the ground in slight embarrassment.

"I have never once yet been complimented on my manners, I thank you Jaqui, it is most welcome."

Cain held his head up a little at her question, the ideal centaur was human hating, strong and a lover of fighting amonst everything at all times, they must be a good forger and lover of the stars.

"I am not the ideal centaur, thus I am cast out, it is the way of the herd and I have come to understand that the set ways of my people are ones not easily changed. I wish to persue the understanding of human sciences and other magics, yet, I am cast out from both societies, if you wish to say, I am homeless."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqueline Girard Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:52 am

Jaqui listened to him talk about being an outcast in all societies with sadness, when something suddenly occured to her and her eyes lit up as an idea formed in her head.

It was crazy, it was mad, but it could possibly work.

"Cain... do you want to be a 'uman?"

Jacqueline Girard
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Cain looked at Jaqui as if she had just spoken jibberish, him? Becoming human? He had only thought about the idea in passiong because not only would it be painful it would mean that once again he had to adapt to a new way of life...

"I am not so sure Jaqui."

Hanging his head lightly Cain sighed, he thought about all of the dreams that he had thought of and he thought that as a human he might be able to do that, but he did not want to change himself!

"I just want to fit in being who I am. There are so many things that I haven't thought of, if I was human, what would I do?"
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqueline Girard Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:20 pm

When Cain expressed that he just wanted to fit in, Jaqui began to get even more excited. "But you could! You would find your path in ze 'uman world! But of course, I should give you time to theenk on eet," Jaqui decided to be polite, and so she bowed gracefully.

"Eet ees up to you, but eef you decide zat you would like to change, I will be 'ere zis time next week. Eet was nice speaking to you, but eef you wish I can leave you be now," Jaqui smiled softly at him, taking a step back.

Jacqueline Girard
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:20 am

Cain was still a little befuddled about all of this, he could become human? How could this be done? And if it could be done what would that mean for him when he becomes human, what would he do?

"I wish for you to tell me how this might happen."

More sternly than before Cain took a step forward towards Jaqui as she had taken a step backwards, he wanted to know if she was playing a trick on him, humans were known to do that.

"How would I be changed?"
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqueline Girard Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:26 am

Jaqui was surprised when Cain stepped towards her, but she stood her ground and stared back with a small smile playing on her lips as he demanded to know how this could be done.

"Ah, mine dear Cain, eet can be done with ze use of magique, and per'aps an old friend," Jaqui tapped her nose as if she knew all the secrets of the world.

"So, tell me Cain, are you interest een mine proposal?" She asked.

Jacqueline Girard
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down