Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading (OPEN)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reading (OPEN) Empty Reading (OPEN)

Post by Tess McCartney Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:52 am

She let out a sigh of pleasure. She was curled up on what she deemed her favorite chair, and reading the book about becoming an Animagus. She had read it three times, and she still found herself returning to it, as if it called to her. She didn't understand why it wasn't working out as easy as she thought. Every time that she moved one step forward, something happened. It made her nervous and worried about the next step. She knew she should have visited Professor Romaine once she finished the book, but she had tried meditation and trying to clear her mind.

She sighed once more, this time for frustration. She shouldn't allow this to take over her mind, in reality she should be concentrating on her school work. She was doing fine so far, ahead of her classes for a week, but still she didn't want to be people that left things for the last minute, that just wasn't like her. So she closed her book and took out a scroll beginning to write the essay that was going to be due next week for Potions.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Reading (OPEN) Empty Excellent Book, Are You An Animagus?

Post by Horst Sollmann Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:51 pm

"Excellent book, are you an animagus, miss..." he said. If you are trying to learn though, you would be better off with a different one. I could locate a transfiguration book more geared towards students of Hogwarts. I liked Transfiguration myself, one of my favorite classes when I was a student. Second only to my love of Charms."

"If you would like it, I could locate a book for you on how to become an animagus. I will send an owl to you when I find it you decide you would like me to find the book. Well, I will leave you to your studies." the Librarian said. He walked back to his Office.

Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Reading (OPEN) Empty Re: Reading (OPEN)

Post by Tess McCartney Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:46 pm

To say she wasn't surprised, that'd be a big lie. The man had walked towards her without her even noticing. She expected him to take the book from her rather than offer her another option towards her goal to become an animagus. So she rolled up her scroll and looked at him curiously.

"S-sure sir" she murmured.

She was very....quirky, at least at how fast he came and went.

Fascinating to say the least.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Reading (OPEN) Empty Want Some Help?

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:23 pm

"Want some help? I am particularly gifted in the subject of Transfiguration. I could probably help you learn to do whatever it is you are studying about. My name is Humphrey, I am a first year Gryffindor. What is your name and house?" Humphrey Williams asked her.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Well, wasn't the library lively today? she thought curiously.

Ah another Gryffindor, now she knew three, her best friend Alice, and Airen who she didn't know very well, if at all.

"Lovely to meet you." she began.

His questions were straight forward, she didn't mind that and let out a tiny smirk.

"I'm Tess, first year, and a cunning Slytherin at your service"

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Reading (OPEN) Empty Wait! Did you just reference the Hobbit?

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:15 pm

"Hello Tess. Wait! Did you just reference the Hobbit?" he asked her. She had tacked on the phrase at your service after she introduced herself. Just like the thirteen dwarves did at the beginning of the novel.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:19 pm

She blinked and tilted her head to look at him confused.

"Um...no?" she said. "What hobbit? I don't know a hobbit,"

Being a pureblood she had no idea about J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, and any Muggle literature at that.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Reading (OPEN) Empty Simply A Coincidence Then

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:25 pm

"Ah. Simply a coinciden then. You had introduced youself exactlyt he way thirteen dwarves did in a novel by a muggle fantasy author. The novel is titled The Hobbit." he explained to Tess.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:49 pm

She wrinkled her nose at the comparison, but wasn't too insulted.

"I see you have a fondness for Muggle books, that's nice. What brings you to the library?" she asked.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Reading (OPEN) Empty A Muggle Book

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:52 pm

"A Muggle book." he stated simply.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Her eyebrow rose showing her surprise. Well wasn't he an interesting person? She thought surprised. She couldn't help but ask:

" They have Muggle books here? Fascinating"

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Reading (OPEN) Empty No, Well Not Many

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:29 pm

"No, well not many." Humphrey explained. "One was a book personally owned by the headmaster, and the other was a well-known William Shakespeare play. So most Muggle authors are not found but there are a few exceptions." he said.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:28 pm

"Shakespeare....Shakespeare, all yes that fellow with the plays of twisted romances and comedies of errors. I've even heard of him" she commented.

She caressed the spine of her book and noticed that he was more of a bookworm than she considered herself to be.

"Intriguing" she murmured.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Reading (OPEN) Empty I'm sorry?

Post by Humphrey Williams Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:05 pm

"I'm sorry? I'm afraid I don't follow. What is intriguing Tess?" Humphrey asked her.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:19 am

She shrugged.

"Well the simple fact that Shakespeare seems to transgress into our Magical culture despite many against Muggle art, or anything in general. That and well..you seem to have a fascination to books that is greater than mine"

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:30 am

"Well, I am always reading something. Sometimes multiple books at the same time. Currently I am working on memorizing a character's lines. One of Shakespeare's greats, and my personal favorite. Puck, otherwise known as Robin Goodfellow from A Midsummer Night's Dream. What is your favorite play by any author, same question for book?" he asked.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:34 pm

She smiled.

"Well I have to say, that my favorite book, well...is a Muggle book I admit. I-I love the book Siddhartha, and Crime and Punishment, though both having a considerable amount of depth to them, one dealing with trying to find inner peace and Nirvana, and the other experimenting with society and what consorts as a crime...those do take my interest."

She always loved those books, and to say that she didn't appreciate books whether muggle or not would be a lie.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:36 pm

"I love the novel Crime and Punishment. One of my personal favorites. It makes you reconsider all of society and government." he said excitedly. bounce Bouncing up and down. Finally, a fellow book lover, who actually knew Muggle authors.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:43 am

She nodded and smiled a half smile. It was nice that someone understood her enjoyment of books.

"I adore that book and while I'm not too informed on muggle literature, Crime an Punishment did attract me because of Raskolnikov and it's narration."

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:30 am

"Yes, Crime and Punishment is a well-known classic to all muggles who have any sense about them whatsoever." he told her. "What is your favorite genre to read?" Humphrey asked.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:26 am

She wrinkled her nose at the question. It was pretty hard to respond to that, so she simply replied.

" I don't have a favorite genre, I read whatever I get my hands on."

She slipped a strand of her hair begin her ear and half smiled as I amused by her thoughts.

"I read for the sake of gaining knowledge not because it calls out to me to read." honestly some days I think I should have been placed in Ravenclaw"

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:32 am

"I feel the same way. I can never decide which book or type of book is my favorite, they are all so amazing! And as for feeling like you don't belong in your house you are telling me. I only have one friend in my house. The rest are Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws, and Slytherins. Not very normal for a Gryffindor, especially since the majority are Slytherins." he said.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:58 am

She smiled at his comment.

"I'm not really close to people in Slytherin. T-they have clicks or they are very protective over friends..and then there's me" she said shrugging " My closest friend is in Gryffindor"

She frowned at the thought. Much of the dynamic that her dorms were were now different and ruled with tension.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 am

"Well, maybe this generation of students can finally bridge the gap between Slytherins and Gryffindors? After all, there are a lot of Gryffindor-Slytherin friendships already in place. With the right encouragement we could make Hogwarts a cohesive whole to fight Durmstrang. If we succeed, they won't stand a chance." he said confidently.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:12 am

She couldn't help but snort at his comment.

"You know...you certainly are a Gryffindor" she murmured. "We are too different, a shame really, but I'm being honest. We are in separate houses for a reason, and this very reason is because we are supposed to bond with those around us...while I may not fit that case, it still how it's supposed to be."

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next