Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Years

4 posters

Go down

Second Years Empty Second Years

Post by Sofia Slytherin Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:18 am

Sofia as usually was on the floor in the middle of the room meditating to find her center. She had realized over the summer that if any of these children were going to make it through divination they would have to learn to mediate before each class.

Mediation is the key to clearing out your mind so all the thoughts can come clearly too you. It is the best things to day everyday before you start your day.

She had placed enough mats around the room on the floor so all the students would have a place to go when they arrived to class, now all she had to do was wait for the class to arrive.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Second Years Empty Re: Second Years

Post by Parker Emery Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Parker had trudged his way up all the stairs slowly, wincing every few steps from a tweeked muscle in his leg from an injury over summer. He looked out the windows as he passed them and realized he'd not done what she'd asked them to over the summer, for either of her classes. He yawned, he actually couldn't exactly recall what she'd even asked them to do. He hoped it wouldn't have been any problem.

He approached the door, slowly creaking it open, looking in. He noticed he was the first one and it was extremely silent. He saw Prof. Slytherin meditating, and as quietly as possible, walked in. He tried to be careful no to disturb her as he made his way to a mat in the middle of the room, setting his things down and taking a seat, cross-legged. He took a slow, deep breath, immediately feeling more calm, yet more awake and alert then he had all day. He wondered if he'd ever have a change to ask her what he wanted. He didn't think any time would really be appropriate...

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:42 pm

After walkng up the stairs, Haley realized how much she had really used on training the summer. She wasn't even a bit out of breath. She then walked into the classroom, always silent. She saw that they were supposed to sit on mats this class. She saw Parker, and figured it was about time she said hey to him, though not right now. She sat down beside him, and drew a deep breath.

Her thoughts swirled in her head. She clenched her teeth when she thought of the day she got the letter from the Ministry saying that her parents were dead. She then frowned and after a minute or so, she managed to clear her head. She then felt so much better.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Agatha Keshet Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:33 am

Agatha walked quietly lost in her thoughts. She had another nightmare the previous night. The dream had been out of focus preventing her from seeing faces. She had been in the middle of a battle, jets of lights flying everywhere around her, some coming out of her own wand. She rubbed her eyes before walking into the classroom. She had spent the rest of the night unable to sleep as the dream kept replaying in her head.

She was happy to be back at Hogwarts. The kids at the orphanage didn't seem to like her very much. She sighed taking a seat next to her fellow Hufflepuff and roommate. "Morning" She smiled trying not to show how tired she was.

Agatha Keshet
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:04 pm

Haley looked at Agatha with worried eyes. She had woken some time during the night and heard Agatha writhe in her sleep. She could now see bags under the girls eyes.

"Morning," she whispered, smiling slightly, "How are you?"
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Agatha Keshet Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:26 pm

"I've been better" Agatha rubbed her eyes yet again. "I just hope I don't fall asleep" She lowered her voice not wanting the professor to hear her. The last thing she wanted was to get in trouble. "I really need some coffee." She sighed looking around the classroom. "We're meditating today?" What was she going to do? There was no way she would be able to stay awake.

Agatha Keshet
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:15 am

Sofia noticed that most of the class had arrive if there were any late stragglers she would deal with them accordingly. They were second years and should know the ropes by now.

"Alright class let us begin." Sofia turned herself around on her mat to get a look at the three people that were in the class. She was glad to see that Ms. Smith was still taking the class she was going to be gifted she was sure.

"Working with Divination it is always best to have a clear mind. This allows the visions and feelings to have a easier flow through your body. Can any of you tell me what is the easiest way for you to clear your minds?"

((Remember just speak freely))
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:25 am

Haley raised her hand. "I find it easiest if I use some seconds on thinking not to think about anything. Then my mind clears. It also helps to take deep breaths and just relax," she said calmly, her eyes still shut.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:38 am

"That is a very good technique Ms. Smith. 10 points to Hufflepuff." Sofia smiled she liked that answer it was one of the best ways.

"When I first started doing it, I would say to myself, 'White fluffy cloud, white fluffy clouds.'" Sofia was sure that would get a couple of laughs.

"So who else has ideas about meditation?"
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Parker thought about what she'd asked. What did he do when he wanted to calm down. Or to stop his twirling thoughts of boredom when he was home? He didn't want to contribute to the class, but there being only one other person in the class he had no choice. he silently sighed and looked up, his voice slightly quieter then last year.

"Uhm- Sometimes when I concentrate on a single space or object...as in, focusing on every detail, everything else kind of...goes out of focus, and then when I look at the time I've noticed an hour's gone by..."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:21 pm

"Very good ideas there Parker, 10 points to Slytherin" Sofia looked around at everyone and decided to continue.

"This is what I would like everyone to do. Sit with you legs either crossed or out in front of you whatever is the most comfortable for you. Then I want you to close you eyes and use the technique that works for you to clear your mind."

Sofia got up and walked around to the students to check and see how they were doing.

"Anyone one have any questions?"
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Parker took in the room, focusing on a little trinket by the wall right before him. He look in it's appearance then took a deep breath and closed his eyes, concentrating on it in his mind. He found himself insreasingly relaxed, and he could feel the stress of the day just melt away. If he were thinking of anything other then the object of his meditiation, he would have thought that he needed to do it more often. While it seemed that only short moments were passing, they might have been very long, or even the other way round.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:19 am

Sofia walked around the room satisfied with the what they were doing she decided it was time.

"For the assignment due next class, I want you to find time everyday to work on your mediation. The more you can clear your mind the easier everything will come."

Looking around as everyone started to get up from their seats.

"Everyone have a nice day. Class Dismissed."
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:08 pm

When class was dismissed, Parker stood and grabbed his bag, slinging it over his shoulder. He smiled a bit to himself, thinking that he was really going the like such a calming assignment and such a calm class. He was excited for what they'd be doing next. He turned to leave but stopped, remember he had something to ask the professor. Nervous, he turned back and approached her, adjusting the bag on his shoulder.

"Uhm, professor? I was wondering, when you have a chance, could-could I talk to you?" He looked around the room at the other students making their ways out.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Sofia was just tallying up the point for the end of the lesson when Mr. Emery walked up and asked her a question.

"Sure , Mr. Emery what is it I can do for you?" Sofia wondered how she could help this young man.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Parker was trying to think of a way to ask his question and was stumbling over his words a bit. He was also a bit flustered as he wasn't used to talking to his professors. "Well...I wanted to know more about, well, my house, and the history of it and the family...and-and seeing that you're from the family...I figure you must know a lot about, right?"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Sofia was in shock that this child was asking her about the House of Slytherin.

"I would love to answer any questions you might have. Let us take this too my office and then we will talk there."
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down