Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First years, first lesson: Jelly-Legs Jinx

3 posters

Go down

First years, first lesson: Jelly-Legs Jinx Empty First years, first lesson: Jelly-Legs Jinx

Post by Lucia Henley Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:02 pm

Lucia smiled as she walked up to the desk in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. She was curious as to what the class would be like. She was new, the students were new. She didn't quite know what was done last year, but this didn't matter as much in this class as it did when it came to the second years.

She then looked around and pointed her wand at the door into the classroom. "Alohomora," she said calmly, and a click sounded as the door was unlocked and she opened it with a non-verbal spell.

She then walked up to the blackboard and wrote in big letters: Jelly-Legs Jinx.

She had put several pillows all over the room, which would be needed. She figured it would be good to start the year with something fun to do. She sat down by the desk, and waited patiently for the student to enter.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

http://theavengers.forummotions.com/

Back to top Go down

First years, first lesson: Jelly-Legs Jinx Empty Re: First years, first lesson: Jelly-Legs Jinx

Post by Jaycie Simple Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:04 am

Jaycie dashed into the room, before slowing down and wondering why she was so excited. She put her bag down and looked at the board, at the pillows scattered around the room, and decided this was going to be an interesting lesson. Jelly-legs jinx, huh? That'll be one to show Jenna! She laughed inwardly at the thought of her crazy little sister. She had to remember to write home later tonight.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

First years, first lesson: Jelly-Legs Jinx Empty Re: First years, first lesson: Jelly-Legs Jinx

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Tessa manged to make it into the classroom. She had wondered if the professor knew about her being blind. So far she was enjoying her classes, because she could learn. Tessa had hoped that Damien wasn't in this class, she decided that she needed a break from her new stalker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Lucia looked up as Ms. Grey walked into the classroom. She rose immediately and walked over to her.

"Hello, Ms. Grey, I'm professor Lucia Henley, your teacher in Defense Against the Dark Arts," she said with a smile, even though Ms. Grey wouldn't be able to see it; she might be able to hear it.

"In the classroom, there are plenty of pillows stabled everywhere and we're practicing the Jelly-Legs jinx. I hope you will be able to participate. Should anything go wrong, like you missing the pillows and your head hitting the edge of a table, then don't worry, I'm also Hogwarts healer. I'll have you fixed in no time. I could even steer you to landing on the pillows if that is a problem to you," Lucia said kindly.

She didn't want Ms. Grey to think that she looked down on the student for being blind, but being blind meant that there would be other rules. To Lucia, the worst loss of a sense would be the sight. So she just wanted Ms. Grey to know that there was no shame in being blind, though she had a feeling that Ms. Grey already knew this.

"For now, just sit down on one of the desks while we wait for the rest of the class to gather," she said calmly and returned to sit behind her desk.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Xander, moody from a long day already, walked into the classroom and directly to a desk. It had already been a few classes and he hadn't seen Tess at all. He had been so excited that she was in his house, but it didn't quite matter since she was in a different year. Guess I'll have to find her during our off time.

He took out the text, as usual, and started looking through the index for the page on today's spell.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Jaycie sat down, scribbling randomly into her notepad. She couldn't wait for dinner - she was starving. More students filed into the class, but she didn't notice them, and they didn't notice her, so really, it was all fine and good.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Tessa could tell that she was smiling. Over the years she been able to sense people feelings and moods. But she has had a lot of practice.

" Hello Professor Henley."

She just sat there waiting for the class to start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:58 pm

Lucia leaned against her desk and crossed her arms. It was time to start the lesson now. So she called on everyone's attention and then smiled to them.

"What can you tell me about the Jelly-legs spell? If you open your books on page 45 you will find it. What kind of spell is it? And what effect does it have?" she asked the class.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:04 am

Tessa opened her textbook and ran her fingers across the page. To other this was weird. She then rasied her hand to anwser the question.

" It is a Jinx and the Jelly-leg causes the victim's legs to wobble so that they can no longer stand. "

She then sat there quietly hoping that she got the anwser right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:12 am

Lucia smiled to Ms. Grey. "Very good, ten points to Gryffindor," she said appreciatively.

"Does anyone know of another spell like this? Does the Jelly-Legs Jinx have a sister?" Lucia then asked them calmly.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:16 am

Tessa raised her hand again. " Is the sister spell Tarantallegra."

She then went back to her book just to make sure that she read it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:02 am

Damien rushed into Defense class he was running very late for this class, even though he was not sure why. So many things running through his head.

He slipped in the back door standing by the back of the room, he noticed all the pillows all over the place and noticed the spell on the board.

The spell was the Jelly-legs jinx, he knew that spell very well, when he heard who was answering the questions he was like dang it, he thought maybe he would have one class that she wasn't in, he really wasn't following her on purpose.

He just stood back and listened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Lucia nodded to Ms. Grey. "Yes, indeed, but not quite the sister I was looking for. Tarantallegra is more a 'friend' if you will. I'm looking for one who is much stronger than the Jelly-Legs jinx, but has the same effect," Lucia said.

She then looked at the clock and raised an eyebrow. "It seems it will be no more questions. The spell I was looking for is called the Jelly-Legs Curse. It's formula is lokomotor wibbly," Lucia said with a smile.

Then she looked around the class, noting who was there. "Now, I will have you all pair up. Ms. Simple and Ms. Grey, you find a suiting location. Ms. Simple, make sure there are pillows that will catch Ms. Grey when you perform the jinx on her," Lucia said calmly.

"Mr. Clarke and Mr. Greene, you two together," Lucia then finished.

She turned to the blackboard again and wrote the word 'Wibbly'. "Flick your wand and say the word 'Wibbly'. Do not pronounce it 'WibblEy. WibbLY. That's important. You don't want to end up with a non-reversable wibbly-spell," Lucia joked.

"Now, go on," she said.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Jaycie laughed a little. "Wibbly" was a funny name for a spell. Reminded her of jelly... probably suitable for the jelly-legs jinx, then! She nodded at the professor and made her way over to Tessa. "Hi," she said softly. "There's a good spot over there. It's completely surrounded by pillows. There's no furniture either - it's right in the middle of the room. Just follow me." Jaycie was surprised at how much less shy she was - maybe because she'd met Tessa in other classes and already established her as a lovely person who wasn't going to tease her.

Jaycie held out her hand and guided Tessa over to the pillow-covered area. "You first?" she offered. "Or would you rather me?" A thought struck her. "Wait... before we start... Professor Henley? What exactly is this jinx going to make our legs do?" she asked with a hand in the air, not too far above her high ponytail.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Tessa smiled. " Hello." She could tell that this girl was friendly. It seems that everybody who meet her was nice to her.Tessa followed Jaycie. She had heard the word pillows. " Really I am used to falling." All of the brusie on her legs was proof of it.

She smiled. " It really doesn't matter to me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:55 am

Lucia smiled to Ms. Simple. "Oh, it's nothing big. They only turn to jelly and you won't be able to stand. It's a good defense spell if you're in a bad situation," she said.

It was good fun to do the spell. Lucia remembered when she first got placed under it. She couldn't stop laughing for an hour. It had been so funny.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Jaycie smiled. "Okay, why don't you go first? I'll stand just over here." She offered, moving backwards a few steps while still remaining in front of Tessa so she could get a clear hit.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Damien could not help but look back at Tessa as she worked with the other girl he learned whose name was Jaycie.

"So Xander would like to go first or shall I." Damien did not want to be in trouble with Xander, but as a Slytherin the proper way to do things was to cast the spell at Xander first before he even knew what hit him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Tessa smiled, she stood there waiting for her to perfom the jinx. " I guess that I am ready for this."

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:02 am

As the class started practicing the spell, Lucia looked at the clock again. Time was running short. She didn't want them to give too much homework, but she wasn't going to let them slack off.

"All right class! That will be it for today! On my desk next lesson I want the one big difference between the Jelly-Legs jinx and the Tarantallegra spell. 30 words. Class dismissed," Lucia said and packed her stuff.

When the students started to pack their things, she swung her wand and the pillows flew up into the air and into their rightful place in a closet.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Class: First years DADA
Spell of the day: Jelly-Legs Jinx

Gryffindor: 10
Hufflepuff: 0
Ravenclaw: 0
Slytherin: 0
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down