Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Studying (Invitation only)

2 posters

Go down

Studying (Invitation only) Empty Studying (Invitation only)

Post by Xander Clarke Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Xander made his way towards a quiet corner, needing time to study. He had always liked learning new things, but it was different when he had to regurgitate the information back for a grade. It was annoying and stressful.

He sighed, pulling out his Astrology book. He was dreading this assignment slightly and figured he'd get it out of the way as fast as possible.

Pulling out a piece of parchment he titled it "Capricorn: Me and not Me". This was going to be a long night.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Studying (Invitation only) Empty Re: Studying (Invitation only)

Post by Tess McCartney Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:48 pm

Tess, always liked coming to the library, because while she didn't particularly like the quiet, she loved the smell of old books and surrounded by the calm atmosphere. It was a good thing she had finished all her homework, all her scrolls were already ready to be turned in for the Professors.

Walking towards her favorite section full of different kinds of spells, she was oblivious towards the person studying by the sitting area. She ran her fingers languidly through the row and her fingers wiggled seeing that she found the one she was looking for.

Turning towards her normal sitting room she noticed Xander was there. With a wicked smile she tentatively walked forward and decided to play a little teasing game herself. He seemed to enjoy making her blush, well what if he got a taste of his own medicine?

Leaning down, she whispered against his ear.

"Well don't you look busy" she purred teasingly.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:39 pm

Thank Merlin for my family! Xander thought. His experience with...well, his family had conditioned him not to make a fool of himself by jumping a foot into the air. The only indicator of surprise was a sharp intake of breath.

Recognizing the voice, he could see Tess's hair falling forward. He touched a curly strand, wanting to feel how soft it was. "Well I WAS. Until a little demoness decided to be a distraction." He meant it as a joke, hoping she understood that by now.

Letting go of her hair he turned around in his chair. "What brings you to my corner or the world?" He indicated to the rows upon rows of books surrounding them.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Tess had noticed that he had gotten scared. He might have not shown it, but his breath did hitch and she smiled proudly at that, but her triumphant smile turned to one of surprise as she saw him touch her hair. Her smile turned to a shy one, she didn't say anything, that is until he turned to face her.

She noticed that she was way too close to him, especially when he had turned around. She pulled back and lifted her hand to stifle a giggle at his comment.

Shaking her head, she put her books down on the table and plopped herself down beside him.

"Who says this is your corner?" she began.

Looking around the corner she smirked.

"I've been here longer"she added teasingly.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:25 am

Xander frowned. He hated to be reminded that he was just a first year. He wasn't used to being the bottom of the food chain and it wasn't fun.

"Well fine, it's yours." He turned back to his empty parchment. He sighed, completely forgetting the terrible assignment he was attempting to conquer. The text had a list of many traits that were supposed to belong to Capricorns. He was supposed to pick which ones fit him and which didn't.

The problem was, he really didn't know. He had grown up in a certain lifestyle that seemed to not matter once he came to Hogwarts. Especially once he met Tess...

Tess!

Xander sheepishly looked over at her. Gritting his teeth at asking for help, he said, "Would you mind helping me with this?" He indicated the paper.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:54 am

Tess raised her brow at his question and let out a small smile knowing he needed her. Smiling slyly she leaned towards the parchment in front of him and looked at him curiously. 

"Sure" she said with a grin after she noticed his sheepish expression. 

It made her feel pretty confident that she could help him, after all she loved reading about things  in general, even classes she didn't attend.

"What is your assignment?" she asked

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:52 am

Xander knew this would be a bad idea even before he asked. Now that he had, he couldn't back down. Even if it was giving her lots of cannon fodder for making fun of him.

He sighed. "We're supposed to research our astrology sign and make a list of what traits fit us and what don't. But...I'm having problems."

He knew that was stupid. Shouldn't someone know how to define themselves?

He showed her the list.

Old fashioned, unconventional, frugal, traditional, conservative, diplomatic, rational, humorous, ambitious, stern, disciplined, practical, nonchalant, wise, hard-working, tenacious, overbearing, unforgiving, condescending, pessimistic, flexible, sarcastic, witty, reclusive, aloof, cold.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:38 am

Taking the list from his hands, she began to read the list carefully and her lips twitched fighting a smile in certain words that stuck out to her. She made a small hum and then lifted her gaze to face him once more.

"What's your sign?" she asked. "Or do these qualities will tell you what sign you are?"

As she asked this, she found certain words that called out to her, that was him, at least to some degree.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:13 pm

"Is it that obvious that it's based on my zodiac?" He hung his head in defeat. He had hoped he had changed at least a bit over his time here, but apparently it didn't work.

He snapped his book shut and stood, gathering his things to leave. "I knew this was a bad idea. I'll leave you to your area." He tried not to sound peeved, but he was. Not at Tess but at himself.

He hadn't opened up to people often, it usually led to pain. Guess history repeats itself.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Tess felt herself put out and frowned seeing that he was so angry all of a sudden. She stood up and did something she'd never thought she'd do, she simply sat there. She didn't get up, she didn't grab him, she simply sat there.

But hearing the bag close she said something.

"I'm a Sagittarius" she called out "It says I'm careless, impulsive, forgetful, and tactless"

She didn't expect him to stay, but she felt that he needed to hear that.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Xander stopped for a moment. His anger threatened to take over. At Tess, at himself. He didn't trust himself to stay.

"Aren't we all," he whispered, not caring if she heard. Then he walked out, heading for the solitary comfort of his dorm, hoping no one was in there. He chided himself for pushing her away, but it was instinct. Maybe once he calmed down, he could apologize. But not now.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Tess gripped her book tightly and fought the fact that her eyes were watering. Why should she care? Why would she be so affected by him!

She got up and grabbed her things, leaving the library, not giving a damn if she was loud. She heard the librarian shush her but she didn't care, she needed to get out.

"Bastard"She spat out.

She couldn't go to the common room, so she decided to go towards The Black Lake where she could think. She was very much looking forward to the break where she could be alone.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down