Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early Morning (Haley & Alcy)

Go down

Early Morning (Haley & Alcy) Empty Early Morning (Haley & Alcy)

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:40 am

The early morning breeze made Alcyone's wavy locks of brown blow around her face. VShe brushed them away as she admired the Black Lake. It looked beautiful, the sun reflecting off of its surface with the breeze rippling the water like a sheet waving softly in the wind.

She let out a sigh as she sat down. She wrapped her arms around herself as she thought of her younger siblings alone at home without her to warn or protect them. She feared that with no one else to torture, her german tutor would practice on Caelum. She could only hope that the two had learnt to steer clear of him.

With a sigh, Alcyone let a tear slip down her cheek. She wished her life was as easy as other people's.

Last edited by Alcyone Malfoy on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Early Morning (Haley & Alcy) Empty Re: Early Morning (Haley & Alcy)

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:22 am

Haley walked beside the Black Lake, really tempted to waddle in the lake, but figured that it wasn't the best idea. She had to learn some spells teaching her to keep the creatures away from herself. She looked up and saw a girl sitting a bit off. She was wearing green.

'Slytherin,' Haley thought and then walked closer. The sun then shone and made something glissen. A tear. Haley instantly sped up and walked over to the girl, sitting down next to her without saying anything. Then she looked at the girl closely, the girl probably slightly surprised.

"Hey," Haley then said, "I'm Haley."

She studied the girl some more and then said.

"You're a first year, right? I haven't seen you before," she said calmly, just wanting to chat with the girl, so she wouldn't feel so alone.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:12 am

Alcyone started and looked up to see a Hufflepuff girl who wasn't in any of her classes, so Alcyone assumed she was a second year. She swiped away the tear and returned her features to an in-different look. She would not allow anyone to see all of the negative emotions she felt in that moment. The letter was burning against her leg where it was tucked away in her robe pocket.

"Hello," Alcyone responded in her normal, soft tone that was void of emotion. "I'm Alcyone, nice to meet you." She had to focus on not mumbling, and though she enjoyed the solitude, the girl just sitting beside her made her feel better. She hadn't realised it, but she had been very lonely lately.

No one had bothered to talked to her, not even Damien. Often she had watched him hopefully from across the common room, but he'd always rush off to visit his Gryffindor. Her teeth grinded together as she thought about this, and momentarily her eyes displayed her anger but she quickly returned to in-difference.

"Yes, I am. You're a second year, aren't you? I haven't seen you in any of my lessons." For the first time since she came to Hogwart's, Alcyone wished she had not been placed in Slytherin. They were judgemental and cruel. Hufflepuff's were much nicer, she wished she were one of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:41 am

Haley didn't say anything, but she was kinda sad when the girl hid her emotions. Alcyone. What an unusual name.

"I like it, it has a nice ring," Haley then commented on the name, smiling slightly, "Do you know what it means?"

Haley, studying the face carefully without being too obvious, saw a short second of anger in Alcyone's face. Maybe she was annoyed that Haley had walked over and sat next to her. Suddenly, she felt a bit insecure, but pushed the feeling away. It wasn't a feeling common to Haley.

"Yes, I'm in second year," Haley said softly.

She turned her head to look over the lake. She truly loved Hogwarts and everything about it. It was all so great here. Everything was mostly peaceful, if you looked away from the occasional arguing between the students, not to mention the battle that had taken place at the end of last year.

"It's beautiful here," Haley remarked, letting her eyes caress every wave, every stone, every shine.

Then she looked at Alcyone and remembered the anger. She tilted her head to the side.

"Do you mind me sitting here? If you want to be alone, I can leave you," Haley said, "But I'll stay if you wanna talk to someone."

Here, Haley gave Alcyone a kind smile, closing her eyes in the process, hoping the girl was in mood for company, because Haley was not in the mood to be alone.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:56 am

Alcyone smiled when Haley commented on her name. She rather liked her name herself, it was one of the only things she enjoyed about being a Malfoy - the unique names. Admittedly, Alcyone liked her sister and brothers names better, they were much sweeter.

"Yes, I do. As a name, it means calm, but it's actually a constellation. All of us Malfoy's are named after constellations or stars, take my sister and brother for example. Capella and Caelum are stars." Alcyone couldn't help but feel comfortable around Haley. She hadn't talked to someone in a while.

Alcyone wondered if the rumours were true, and Haley being a second year would know the answer to them. She wondered if she should ask, and she watched as Haley looked out at the lake. She scratched her chin thoughtfully for a moment, wondering how to word her question.

"Erm, Haley, since you're a second year and all, you must know. There are rumours that a battle broke out during the end of year dance last year, is that true?"

Alcyone nodded in agreement at Haley's remark, her eyes watching the soft waves of the lake. It was like a sheet, rippling in the wind. The water looked so perfect, so un-touched. It was as if it were the greater existence's gift to Earth. It truly was magnificent.

"It is, isn't it?" Alcyone looked around and smiled at the castle. Such a beautiful castle, too.

Alcyone shook her head quickly. She didn't mind Haley sitting her at all, in fact it was a nice gesture.

"Oh no, no, I would love you to stay here and talk with me. Merlin knows no one else does, not even the person I thought would. They're to busy off-" Alcyone paused in the midst of her rant and grinned sheepishly. "Never mind." She mumbled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:09 pm

Haley smiled. "Well, you do seem calm, and as a star, I would also say the name fits you. Not to be rude or anything, but you seem to kind of... distance yourself from others," she said, "As if you were unreachable."

Haley hoped it wasn't a rude assumption. She actually just wanted to get to know Alcyone. She seemed genuinly nice, though kind of closed off. Haley then felt her smile fall a bit at the question of last years final days.

"Yes. So many horrible things happened that day. I mean, there were inferi's and all sorts of things. If it weren't for professor Slytherin and medic Henley, I don't even think I'd be here today. And, of course, headmistress Romain really knows how to play her cards as well. But it was so scary. I hope I never have to see inferi's again. They are the most horrible things I've ever seen in my lives. Think zombies, and then add a thousand, and you'd have them," Haley said looking meaningfully at Alcyone.

"But it all went fairly well in difference to what it could've been like. I mean, people died, students died. One of them is actually currently in a coma, and everything has been a bit of a mess, but I think most people are managing to recover quite well," Haley finished.

Haley smiled to Alcyone. She didn't mind talking about the battle, but it brought bad memories back to her. But it felt good talking about it as well. She really hadn't talked much about it to anyone, when she thought about it. Only her parents. Haley sighed as she was filled with the sadness of that loss as well, but then shook her head and regained her smile.

"Though I am a Hufflepuff, I do believe water is the element that calms me the most," she said softly.

Haley's smile then widened as Alcyone said she didn't want Haley to leave.

"Good. Because I'm not sure if I'd have taken your word for it if you wanted me to leave. I'd probably just stay anyways," Haley said, and then leaned back on the grass.

"And just keep talking. Who doesn't talk much to you?"
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Alcyone laughed at Haley's description of her. It was true, she did push herself away from others. She liked to look different, to look dangerous and cruel. It was how she had been taught t o look at all times, but she couldn't do it anymore. She would keep it up when she was around her tutor, but other than that she wouldn't do it. Thoughts of her tutor made her worry about her sister and brother, but she pushed such thoughts away.

"That is true. My, erm, tutor has always taught me that. Trust me though, I am not all that calm. That is just my exterior, one of dangerous calm. Inside, im actually a mixture of many emotions." She left out the part that they were all negative and horrible.

Alcyone's eye widened as she heard about inferi. The only way she knew that one could defeat them was with fire, and fire was a very dangerous thing to control. Especially Fiendfyre, a spell that should never, ever be used unless absolutely necessary. Even then it should only be used by experts.

"I know what an inferi is," Alcyone mumbled, not proud of such knowledge. Her tutor had made her fight one once, and only when it was about to end her life did he call it off. She shuddered at the thought. "Good thing we have brilliant professor's then. You most likely will, they are a favourite of the German's. Don't ask how I know." Alcyone felt she had revealed a little too much, but she ignored that.

As Haley mentioned students dying and one being in a coma, she gasped. A coma was horrible, for you never knew when they would wake up. With death, that was it, but with a coma you could wake up after 25 years and half your life was gone. Everyone has moved on, and most who are in a coma for that amount of time ended up ending their lives anyway.

"How horrible. I hope that girl wakes up soon, and not in 25 years. That would be horrible, losing so many years of your life."

Alcyone smiled. A lot of things that Haley said, she agreed with. Water was a very calming element.

"Indeed, water is. It sort of describes me. Seemingly calm, but can quickly turn lethal." She was referring to storms and such that made water dangerous.

Alcyone sighed, and felt as if she could spill a few little details about her inner turmoil to Haley. She was kind, and weren't Hufflepuff's known for loyalty? Surely that would make them good secret keepers?

"It's a boy. I know, that sounds ridiculous and boring and dull, but it's different for me," she was struggling to phrase this without giving away to much of her thoughts that she had held close to her. "Boys, they don't, they don't notice me. He was the first one to ever notice me, and he flirted with me as well. But, when I arrived here I discovered that he had quickly run off to the next girl that would welcome him." Alcyone bit back more words of hatred and betrayal directed at Damien.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Haley blinked. "Wow, your tutor must be one hell of a person," she said surprised. Then she smiled. "But, hey, if you ever feel like spilling over some emotions, whether they be sad, joyful or hateful, I'm the right person to turn to. Seriously. I don't take things personally. Not anymore."

Haley smiled to Alcyone, not surprised that a Slytherin would know what an inferi was. She was, however, slightly curious as to why Alcyone would know that the Germans loved them so much. But she decided not to ask. She simply made a mental note to ask her sometime else when Alcyone knew she could trust Haley.

Haley then nodded. "Yeah, I really hope she wakes up soon. It is actually the twin of one of the other students on the school, and that twin has had a lot of problems with her family lately. I don't know how the twins will fix that, but I hope they'll be okay," Haley said, meaning it.

One of the special things about Haley was that she could so easily relate to other people's problems. However, on several occasions, this had proven Haley that it was not always a good thing. People had yelled at her for being understanding, some had taken advantage of it, not that the people always knew the toll it took on her. But she never stopped trying to understand. She couldn't stop that. It was a part of her.

"Water is the most treacherous element, I think. Fire is always so dangerous, no matter what. Wind can of course escalate and destroy, but it's not usual. And earth... Earth usually stands firm when the world's plates doesn't collide," Haley said with a smile, "But you never know when it comes to water."

Haley understood the part about being lethal. She had actually felt that feeling of being calm and happy in one second and then turned murderous in the next. She would never forget the feeling of bloody murder she got in the Infiltration lesson.

Haley wasn't surprised when Alcyone gave away that it was a boy she was talking about. But she was surprised when she said that boys didn't notice her. She frowned.

"Alcyone, that guy sounds like a stuck up, arrogant brat that doesn't know he's about to get a foot up his ass if he doesn't stop. Don't think about him. You're still young. I mean, you're eleven years old. There's no rush. I don't want a boyfriend for another two years, at least. If before, it has to be one special guy. And as for the fact that boys doesn't notice you, how many are we talking about? One? Two? Because I don't believe it. You're very beautiful, Alcyone, there's no denying that. Just wait and see and you'll find I'm absolutely, positively right," Haley said with a wink.

She then stretched her arms and placed them under her head. She was enjoying speaking to Alcyone. The girl was so interesting. And she didn't mind getting another friend, that was sure.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:18 am

Alcyone pursed her lips at Haley's comment. 'Hell' was a word to describe him indeed, for he preached the practices they spoke of that lay within the deepest depths of Hell. It often confused Alcyone as to what she had done to deserve all of this, she wasn't old enough to have done anything all that drastic.

"That's one way of putting it." Alcyone mumbled sourly, a frown marring her features. "And thank you, its nice to have people to talk too."

Alcyone mentally slapped herself for revealing such information. She could not be expected to keep it to herself all the time, she was only 11 after all and she let things slip every now and then. When she was relaxed she did it more often than usual, for it was something she rarely felt and wasn't sure how to handle.

Alcyone sighed at the mention of twins, it was sad. She could imagine having a twin and having that happen to them. The thought made tears swim in her eyes, but with a blink they were gone.

"That must be horrible. What kind of problems?" Alcyone asked curiously.

Alcyone grinned and nodded her head vigorously in agreement with Haley. It was how she always described the elements, and she most definitely described herself as water. She was always very UN-predictable when it came to moods, often happy one minute and fiercely angry the next.

"That's how I always explain it." She exclaimed happily, smiling at Haley before it slipped from her face.

"Oh no, it's not that, I just got excited about something for the first time in... forever and to be let down is a great disappointment. Besides, everyone knows your brain find sit easier to take in the negative than the positive." Alcyone sighed, not wanting to continue discussing the matter. "And I agree, I don't want a boyfriend for a long, LONG while. Not until im free of my ho- school."

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:21 am

Haley smiled slightly, but was kind of curious as to why Alcyone's expressions changed from a kind 'thank you'-face, to being annoyed at herself, to going careface. But she didn't say anything.

"No problem," she merely said.

Haley thought about it. It had been a lot of weird things going on with the twins.

"I don't know the particulars, but I know that the one in a coma, Corinne, is in Slytherin, while Salina, her twin, is in Ravenclaw. I don't know why, but Salina got disowned from her family and has now joined the Devante family. It's all quite impossible to keep track off, but the Girards, or previous, also including the CoMC teacher doesn't seem to be very happy at the moment," Haley said with a sigh.

Haley smiled to Alcyone. She found it interesting that she had met someone who related themselves so much to the water in what seemed like the exact same way as she herself did. She could change so quickly. And she didn't let anything get to her that wasn't supposed to get to her. That was why she thought she could be such a good spy for Hogwarts if it came to that.

When Alcyone then ended the conversation about the guy so decidedly, Haley understood that she didn't want to talk about it. Then Haley frowned when Alcyone said she wanted to wait until she was done with... her home? Haley was sure that Alcyone had been about to say that, but decided against saying anything. They weren't that good friends. She could ask later. They still had the year to go on, not to mention even more years.

"So, how do you like Hogwarts and the lessons?" Haley then asked casually.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:02 pm

Alcyone smiled gently at Haley, seeing the tiny flicker of confusion at the many expressions that played themselves across Alcyone's face. She pretended not to notice and said nothing on the topic. She didn't want to bring up such topics, so she remained silent but nodded her head to acknowledge Haley's words.

Alcyone listened curious as Haley began explaining the situation with the Girard's/ Devante's. It all sounded incredibly confusing, and Alcyone frowned as she morphed her family into that situation. She imagined herself as Capella's twin, imagined herself getting disowned and having her twin go into a coma, whilst no longer being able to speak with Caelum often because she was not within his family. It made her frown, and also feel sad for the girls.

"How horrible, I can't imagine what a mess their family is right now. Poor Salina, and our poor CoMC teacher. I don't imagine any of them are very happy at the moment, it just sounds like one big bundle of horror meshed together." Alcyone spoke with a sad tone.

Alcyone blushed as she let slip about her home life being hectic. She didn't trust anyone yet, and though she knew Hufflepuff's were loyal she wouldn't release any valid information until she was positive she could trust Haley. She hoped this would happen, for Alcyone felt that she was in desperate need of a friend whom she could vent too, comfort when they needed her and laugh with. A smile graced her features as she thought about it, having a friend.

When asked about the lessons, Alcyone shrugged. She didn't really like any so far, merely found them all mildly interesting. Lately, she'd failed to take in anything with her worry about Capella and Caelum.

"They're alright, though im not sure which I like most just yet. What about you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:49 am

Haley nodded. "Yes, it's really horrible, I can't even comprehend it, and that gives me reason to believe it would be horrible for them," she said lowly, not feeling like talking more about it; it seriously gave her the chills.

When Alcyone blushed, Haley knew she hadn't meant to let slip anything about her home. Haley understood, though. There were only so many people she trusted. More like few. Actually, when Haley thought about it, there were none. She frowned at that. She didn't have anyone she trusted? Well, maybe the housemaid, but she was a grown up, so it wasn't the same.

She looked at Alcyone. The girl seemed to not trust easily either, so maybe they somehow managed to trust each other because they understood how hard it was to trust someone and wouldn't hurt the other by telling a secret to another person. Haley liked that thought, and her frown vanished from her face.

She then shrugged. "Nah, classes are okay. I think I like Astronomy and Divination best, along with DaDA, Infiltration and Duelling. But there really aren't many classes I don't like," she said calmly.

She really found all the classes pretty interesting, though she didn't take Muggle Studies or History of Magic. Her uncle had told her how absolutely dull that was, and she wouldn't want to parttake in it.

She sighed and sat back up again, stretching her back. She looked over the waters and frowned again. Everything was different now. The only thing that soothed her anymore was the waters, it seemed. It made her feel content and happy looking at it. But when she looked away at anything else, reality would hit her and she felt so alone and so miserable sometimes. Well, most of the time, but she was dealing with it in her own way, but sometimes that didn't seem to be enough.

"Nothing will ever be the same."

Haley blinked. She had been thinking those words, but then noticed how she had spoken them as well. She shook her head and looked at Alcyone.

"I didn't meant to say that," she said, trying to get some laughter and joy in her voice, but failed miserably.

She growled mentally and fell back onto the grass again, annoyed at herself.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:26 am

Alcyone sighed as she drew her knees up to her chest and rested her head on her knees. She could empathise with the twins, for the mere pain of just even imagining Capella in a coma was enough to make her want to cry. That was something she'd wanted to do a lot lately, just sit and cry. She wanted to be a Hufflepuff, happy, cheerful, all of that. She hated being a Slytherin, thought of as evil because she was a Malfoy as well.

It wasn't fair, she just wanted to live a happy life. She would rather be poor, with loving parents then rich with hateful parents that enjoyed torturing her. She didn't want to hold in her emotions, and in front of Haley she didn't feel as if she had to.

And so, she cried. The tears ran down her face as she clutched herself tightly, her body shaking with sobs. She blubbered about her sister and her brother, and how she hated her parents. And how life wasn't fair and she was only 11 and she just wanted everything to be easy.

After she'd ceased her crying, she wiped at her eyes and smiled in a watery way.

"I d-don't care much for classes." She sniffled.

Alcyone knew that something was up with Haley, and she reached out a hand to slip inside Haley's own. She squeezed Haley's hand gently.

"Whats wrong, Haley? You can tell me, I promise I won't tell anyone." Her voice was crackly from her outburst, and her heart felt heavy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:09 am

Haley felt a tension rise, and she wondered what it was. She was about to say to Alcyone that she could trust her, that she could listen to whatever the girl wanted to say. But then Alcyone started sobbing more and more, and tears ran down her face. Haley felt a bit shocked, but quickly regained herself and put an arm around Alcyone as she told her about her brother and sister and how she wished her life was easier.

Haley was slightly surprised by the fact that Alcyone seemed to truly hate her parents. She frowned, they couldn't have been nice to her then. Alcyone seemed too kind to truly hate, so they had to have been horrible. Haley squeezed Alcyone's shoulders and leaned her head against her forehead.

"It's gonna be okay," she said softly, it being the only thing that came to mind, "I'll help you through this."

The sobbing slowly ceased and Alcyone looked up again.

"Hah, no, I think I'm rather lucky in that aspect, liking subjects. Very few people seems to do so," she said humorously.

When Alcyone took Haley's hand, she took a deep breath. She knew she could trust Alcyone, just by the fact that Alcyone had just broken down in front of Haley.

"Well, it all started this summer when my ... when my parents were killed in Germany on a mission," she said, feeling her heart ache in that weird way, making it feel empty and alone, as if something was missing, "And when I went to visit their grave some weeks ago, I met their killer. Sally Swandeth. I've never felt such fury in my life before. I wanted to hurt her, possibly even kill her. I was just so ... so angry. However, she was much stronger than me, so I had to run away. I managed to do so, though. But I've been changing ever since. I mean, usually, violence would be something I'd never resort to. Now, whenever one of my friends are hurt in any way, I become so furious and angry and I just want to hurt that person who hurt them. I refrain from doing so, of course, but I don't like what I'm becoming," Haley said, feeling almost frightened by the very thought.

It was so frustrating. "And nothing will ever be the same again," she added, a tear sliding down her face.

She let it fall. She always let her tears fall should one appear. She felt it would be treason against herself and the memory of her family to wipe it away. It was all right to be sad. She then noticed how much lighter she felt, as if she had just unloaded a heavy burden. She felt her face break into a big, big smile. She probably looked like a maniac at that moment.

"Thank you, Alcy, that helped a bunch," she said softly, looking happily at her new friend.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Alcyone let her head rest on Haley's shoulder after her crying episode was over, and after a moments pause she lifted it once more. She would be eternally grateful to Haley for dealing with that, and in that moment she felt a connection. She didn't feel as if she had to worry about anything around Haley, and she wanted to ensure that the Hufflepuff felt the same around her.

"Thank you, I really mean it. I feel comfortable around you, Haley, and I - I want you to feel the same around me. You can always come to me and tell me anything, you should know that." Alcyone mumbled, her cheeks red. She always got embarrassed when confessing her emotions and thoughts.

Alcyone giggled softly. It's not that she hated them, but they were rather a nuisance. She didn't mind them, but she could think of millions of more productive things to be doing with that time. And all of the stuff they were learning, she'd already learnt. However, she'd much rather be bored in her lessons and Hogwart's than suffering her lessons at home.

"You are lucky. Its not I don't like them, I've just learnt all of this stuff and it gets boring going over it. I'd rather be here than at home, though. I just wish I could bring Ella and Cae with me. I hate the thought of them alone in that horrible place." Alcyone didn't even care how much she'd let slip, she merely shuddered at the thought of it. She already knew Ella was being tortured, and it made her want to cry again.

Alcyone squeezed Haley's hand in a way of comfort as she began to talk, and her eyes widened in shock. She envisioned some crazy woman killing her sister and brother, and how much she'd want revenge. She'd want to kill them, she'd possibly go mad with rage. The burden on Haley's shoulders was un-fair, but then she reasoned that life was not fair. It was why both her and Haley needed a friend, because they were so young and dealing with so much. She wrapped her arms around Haley and hugged her close for a little while, before pulling back and holding her hand again.

"That is horrible. Don't let the rage consume you, Haley. You're better than that, stronger than that. I promise i'll be here for you." She murmured. "I know it won't be the same, but change always has a good side to it. Maybe this will make you a stronger person."

She smiled softly.

"It always helps to have someone to talk too. You can always talk to me, Hales, whenever."

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:56 am

Haley gave a soft smile to Alcyone. "Thanks, Alcy, that really means a lot. And truthfully, I really feel like I can trust you completely," she said honestly, knowing that Alcyone was absolutely trustworthy.

Haley actually felt as though she had made a friend for life at that moment. She knew she could trust Alcyone with everything she had, even her own life. She didn't know why she felt that, but she just knew it. And that made her undeniably happy. She truly had a friend she could always tell secrets to, it seemed.

Haley frowned. "It really seems like a horrible place. What is it with it that makes it so goddamned awful?" Haley asked, feeling a sinking dread in her stomach.

"And I guess Ella and Cae are your siblings?" she asked softly, "How old are they?"

She really hoped it wasn't as bad as it seemed, but something told Haley that it was even worse. She felt that anger again, that dreadful anger that just wanted to bash someones head in and take Alcyone and her siblings to a safe haven and let them see how wonderful the world could be. She didn't know why, but Haley just really didn't want her friends to be sad. She didn't want them to experience pain like she was, but she knew there was nothing she could do. But she didn't know which one of those facts were the hardest to take.

Haley smiled softly to Alcyone. "I won't," she said, the anger she'd just felt vanishing instantly, "Rage was never really my style. But you know, I might end up depending on you to help me."

Her smile widened when Alcyone called her 'Hales'. It was a long time since she had been called by a nickname, and she really didn't mind that one.

"I'll depend on that, as long as you do the same with me," Haley said in serenity.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Alcyone smiled genuinely, for to have Haley's trust meant a lot to her. After all, she already completely trusted Haley. There was a bond between them that she felt could never be broken, and she hoped that was the truth.

Alcyone was glad, for she had a real friend now that she'd protect with her life. She was already thinking of Haley as another sister whom she would love and care for, and always stand up for. No one ever messed with those that Alcyone cared about, and now Haley was one of those people she cared about. She glanced sideways at Haley with a small smile.

Alcyone wrung her hands together as she looked at her lap. She knew that Haley would hear it eventually, and she felt it would help to give away a few details. "Well, my parents... lets just say..." She struggled to get it out. "I can't tell you right now, but I promise I will tell you once I work out how."

Alcyone nodded her head, realising she'd forgotten to previously mention Cae and Ella. "Yes, they are my siblings. Capella is 6, and Caelum is 8."

Alcyone wished that she could run home, take her sister and brother in her arms, then run away with them. But, if she ran away her parents were sure to find her. And then, they would most likely torture her younger siblings in front of her before they tortured her. Often she had packed her bags, gone to get Cae and Ella, but then realised that it just wasn't an option to run away. She'd have to be under constant protection of the ministry, or someone who could ensure their safety. She would not ever want her younger siblings to ever be hurt, they meant so much to her and she was like a mother to them. Which meant she would protect them with her life.

Alcyone smiled back at Haley gently, taking her hand in her own and squeezing it lightly. "Good. And I will always be here to help you, Hales. I promise, and I never break a promise." Alcyone grinned.

"Of course."

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:00 am

Haley understood that it had to be very hard for Alcyone to talk about her family if she didn't even know how to phrase it correctly. But this made Haley feel flattered that Alcyone would even think to trust her with this.

"It's okay. I can wait. I'm just glad you trust me," she said with a soft smile.

She really wanted to be trusted, because she knew she could make a pretty good friend, honestly. The only problem was that sometimes she came to care too much for her friends, to the extent of truly disliking the people who went against her friends. But she had a feeling that Alcyone could somewhat relate to this for some weird reason.

"I've always wanted siblings really, but no such luck," she said with a shrug, "And they also have stars as names," she then remarked, knowing a whole bunch about stars. She didn't take Astronomy for no reason.

Haley was glad to talk to Alcyone, and she was even happier when Alcyone said she'd be there for Haley. That meant a lot to her. And the feeling was definitely mutual. She really liked knowing that Alcyone was her friend. Having siblings... Well, she supposed that if the friendship between the two of them grew more, Alcyone would be the closest thing to her. But no matter how much Haley wanted to keep talking to Alcyone, the darkness was latching onto the sky.

She sighed. "I guess curfew is just a few minutes ahead," she said sadly.

She rose and gave a hand to Alcyone to help her up. "What are you doing this summer? Do you think visiting would be possible, or is that a long shot?" Haley asked, thinking about her family.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2012 7:51 pm

Alcyone smiled back at Haley and suddenly she felt an urge to hold Haley's hand, maybe it would help her talk about it easier. She reached out tentatively and gently took Haley's hand, a blush on her cheeks as she gripped it tightly.

"I love my siblings so much, that it physically hurts me to be away from them." Alcyone whispered as her chest ached.

Just thinking about Caelum and Capella made her want to run back home, hold them in her arms and never let them go. They were both so sweet, Caelum acting more like a big brother to her than a little one nowadays as he grew older. She hoped he was protecting Ella whilst she was gone, the little girl was too young for this. She felt herself begin to hyperventilate as she pictured Ella screaming on the floor with Cae helplessly standing in the dark corner. She managed to stop herself and shook her head as tears sprung to her eyes.

"Siblings are great, really, but I know that in other situations lots of people find their little brothers and sisters annoying - I just love mine because they're all I have," said Alcyone with a light shrug. "Its a tradition in the Malfoy family." Alcyone explained.

Alcyone felt much better now that she had someone to trust, and she'd assured her that she'd also be there for Haley. Alcyone needed a friend more than anything else in the world, someone who can hold her while she cried and allowed herself to be weak for a while. Damien seemed such a silly thing to get upset over now as her problems were far more serious than a boy. Alcyone looked up at the rapidly darkening sky and felt her face slip into one of disappointment and fear, she didn't want to be alone in that dorm tonight.

"I guess so," Alcyone murmured quietly, trying not to let her panic show on her face.

Alcyone took Haley's hand and pushed herself off the ground. She smiled and laughed at Haley as she asked what she was doing, but her face became pale and she looked wildly frightened. "No! I mean, we can hang out but not at my house… that would just be putting you in danger and you'd be on my parents hit list." Alcyone shook her head. "But I'm not doing anything this summer, so maybe we could organise a place to hang out?" Alcyone asked. The thought of Haley being hurt because of her made her want to hit something, it was bad enough that her family got hurt but not her friends who had a choice in the matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Fri May 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Haley was a bit shocked when Alcyone reached for her hand, but she took it firmly in her own, noticing that it was a bit cold and locked both her hands around it, hoping to warm it a bit up. She ignored Alcyone's slight blush, finding it surprisingly natural to hold her hand. She listened to what she said, and she coud hear how hard it was for Alcyone to say it. Haley grit her teeth. Was her parents abusing her and her siblings? She couldn't find another reason that made Alcyone hate them so much, and worry so much about Caelum and Capella.

Something weird happened happened to Alcyone. It was almost like she couldn't breathe for a moment or two, and then she seemed okay again. Not that Haley actually thought that. Especially not when tears fell from her eyes. Haley felt her own heart ache and scooted closer to Alcyone, layng an arm around her, pulling her closer.

"It's going to be okay, Alcy, someday it will all just be a bad dream," she said softly, but feeling that she was a bit out of her depth. She honestly couldn't do anything about this, it was just that obvious. She nodded softly when she spoke. "You've got the right attitude, Alcy, you know. People are always so annoyed at their siblings, I've seen that, and I always find it pretty sad," she told her slowly.

Haley rose with Alcyone, still holding onto her hand. Something in her voice betrayed that she didn't want to go. Haley bit her bottom lip and thought a bit about it. She probably didn't want to be alone. A small smile spread on her lips. "Come with me," she said slowly, and sped up a bit.

She then stopped at Alcyone's outburst. She blinked and frowned. Hit list? Were they truly that bad? What on earth was going on in that house?! She slowed her mind down and nodded. "Okay, we can do that. Maybe you could bring your siblings so I get to meet them," she said softly.

They reached the castle, but Haley dragged Alcyone with her up many stairs and was then standing in front of a naked wall. She passed it three times, thinking: "We need somewhere the teachers won't find us. We need someplace to sleep. We need it to be closed from everyone but Haley and Alcyone."

A door opened and she dragged with her Alcyone inside.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down