Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson Two: Second Years

3 posters

Go down

Lesson Two: Second Years Empty Lesson Two: Second Years

Post by Angel Valentine Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:14 am

She frowned seeing that the number of students in her previous lesson had only been three. She supposed this was because of the prejudice ideas that were roaming along the halls. She decided that she would work with the students she got.

She had her lesson plan ready, and she was ready for the students to enter.

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Lesson Two: Second Years Empty Re: Lesson Two: Second Years

Post by Tess McCartney Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:32 am

She entered the classroom and took the seat closes to the front. She found herself liking the front because it was usually empty and it helped her pay attention. She found this class challenging because she didn't know much about Muggle Studies. She took out her scroll and waited to be told to turn it in.

When she read the book, she found herself entranced by how clever Muggles were in their technology because they lacked any magical skills, and gave them credit where it was due.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Victoria walked to class with a skip in her step. Muggle studies was one class she didn't have to pull her hair out over. Which was a relief.

When she got there she noticed Tess was the only other one there. She smiled at the teacher and took a seat next to her. Taking out her homework she set up her other things for class.

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Two Students only? she thought to herself frowning.

It seemed to her that the lack of interests in Muggle studies was definitely a shame. Trying to kill time, she decided to take advantage of the small amount of students and began her lesson.

"While I do not know if more students will be coming in, I believe that we should get to know one another better. I'd like for you to state your name, where you were born, blood status,and why you chose to take this class"

She let out a small smile, that if you squinted you could see it then added.

"I'll start. My name is Angel Valentine, I was born in Barcelona, I am a pureblood and I chose to teach this class, because I feel that students should open their minds and avoid the prejudices that often roam in a pureblood home"

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:10 pm

Victoria smiled. Some teachers may have let a small class dissuade them, but Professor Valentine seemed determined in spite of it.

She raised her hand. Even though it was just the pair of them, she didn't want to be rude. "Victoria Rossmund. I'm originally from America. North Carolina. Though my family moved to London when I was 10. I'm muggle born and proud of it. And while it may be stupid for me to take a class like this, I'm really interested in seeing familiar things through the views of the wizarding world."

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Tess, seeing that it was her turn didn't raise her hand, but simply began.

"Well...my name is Tess McCartney. I am from Los Angeles, Calfornia, that's right I'm from the states too" she said smiling.

Just because she saw that it was only the three of them didn't mean that she wasn't going to entertain herself.

"I am a pureblood and moved to London at age nine, because my parents wanted me to come here rather than Salem. I am taking this class because my best friend is a Muggleborn and I don't want to be ignorant about Muggle community."

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Seeing that both students talked about themselves she smiled. That explained Miss Rossumund's knowledge about the Muggle world and Miss McCartney's ignorance.

"Good ten points each" she said smiling.

Looked at the walls she began to speak once more.

"The study of Muggle Studies began in the beginning of Hogwarts to try and make pureblood students see that Muggles were inferior. It was not until the end of the Second Wizarding War that it was established as an unbiased teaching. You Miss Rossmund being a Muggleborn, can tell both of us, a bit about the Muggle world no? For example, we talked about transportation the last lesson, now can you tell us how Muggles communicate?" she asked.

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Victoria was surprised that she was asked to give insight into the muggle world. And excited.

"Well instead of owl posts, muggles actually deliver letters, using the different modes of transportation we talked about last class. But for immediate contact we have the telephone. It used to be connected with wires that ran around the world, but now we have cellular phones that work through air waves. That way you can call someone no matter where you are. Plus there is the internet on computers and phones. This also opens up the opportunity for web cams, which kind of work like fire places in that you get to see the person without them being there."

She took a breather. It had been a lot, but she wasn't quite sure what the teacher was planning on focusing on, she she gave her as much as she could think of.

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Tess felt herself be wide-eyed at the whole idea of it. She had heard a bit about cell phones from Annie and she found it fascinating. She twitched a bit getting confused by all these ways of communication. She understood letters, after all owls sent them.

"You mean the floo network?" she asked softly.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:36 am

Victoria smiled. "Yeah, kinda. I've read that you can use floo network to only put your head through. Besides the fact that you actually are there, it's kind of like a web cam. People use them on the internet so that they can see each other when they are talking, instead of just hearing their voice on the phone."

She was excited to be able to share her world with Tess.

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:36 am

She smiled that her two students were talking with one another and learning about a world different from her owns. Interrupting them, she cleared her throat and looked at the time.

"I see that you two have made a perfect transition towards our next assignment. I'd like for you to interview one another about how your world differs from your partners. It's due the next lesson, and I think I'll end the class with that"

She was glad that these students interacted so great.

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:41 pm

End of Class

Gryffindor: Ten
Slytherin: Ten

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down