Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Much needed down time

2 posters

Go down

Much needed down time Empty Much needed down time

Post by Xander Clarke Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Xander plopped down on his bed. Exausted from classes, but happy. If he was honest with himself, he'd been happy since this past weekend.

Grabbing some of his books and getting comfortable, he got ready for a good hour of reading. He wasn't worried about any of his classes in particular, but he wanted it to stay that way.

I wonder where Luke is. He hadn't had much time to talk to him since classes started back up. He wanted to see how his date had gone.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Much needed down time Empty Re: Much needed down time

Post by Luke Sullivan Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Luke opened the door, which was sort of a struggle. He was currently carrying four large books for Muggle Studies. It wasn't that it was necessary, but he felt that Victoria and him had to deal with a large gap in their world and he figured he'd eventually use his free time for some light reading.

"Hey Xander" he said.

And seeing that Xander was already there, he threw the piles of books on the floor and plopped himself on his bed. Seeing that his cousin was doing nothing in particular, he figured some talking might fill the silence.

"What's up?"

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Xander was actually glad for the company. He'd been attempting to read his Astrology book, but was getting nowhere.

At the sound of the books hitting the floor, he took a look at the titles. Muggle Studies?

He looked up at Luke, not being able to resist. "I take it the date went really well. Or really bad." For Luke's sake, he hoped it was good.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Luke followed Xander's gaze and felt that the room had suddenly gotten hot. Taking his tie off, he tried to ignore the nervousness. He felt that Xander was going to either disapprove or tease him mercilessly. He preferred neither, but the latter was better. He didn't want his disapproval because he was the closest thing to a brother that he had.

"Good" he breathed out.

Feeling like his whole body cooled down a bit he decided to switch.

"Finally chose what poor sap you're going to get to worship you?"

He didn't mean it in a rude way, but Xander was known to be a flirt. Luke had often times found himself looking gobsmacked as he saw his cousin getting girls to worship the ground he walked on. It was fantastic and almost cruel at the same time.

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Xander coughed. He was surprised to hear this coming out of Luke. Though he guessed he couldn't blame him. Things had pretty much solidified over night and they hadn't had a chance to talk.

"Well...I have actually. Though not the way you think." He set down his book and sat laid back, putting his hands behind his head and starring up at the ceiling.

"I wouldn't say she's worshiping me so much as kicking my arse if I step out of line." He smirked. Though their time together at the shop had ended up in a different place, he knew he had a long way to go to be deserving of her.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:02 pm

"Now I'm interested" Luke said surprised.

Had Xander actually admitted that he couldn't handle one girl?

A smirk appeared on Luke's face and he fought laughter. Oh this was precious, the Xander Clarke wasn't confident enough and wasn't smooth enough to get one girl to date him? He bit back a chuckle.

"Getting house trained are we?" he asked amused.

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:22 am

Xander inwardly groaned. "Shove off. I'm not gonna tell you if you're gonna be a git about it."

He trusted Luke, but really needed him not be tease him. It was hard enough for him to believe what was happening with Tess, how was he going to be able to explain it to him?

Maybe I'm out of my mind, thinking this could work. Maybe he was fooling himself that this was who he was.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Luke chuckled and leaned over to punch Xander on the arm.

"Just joking man." he said shaking his head.

Seeing that the joke had hit Xander a little too close, he gave him a real smile.

"Seriously, that's great." he said smiling. "If things work out well...perhaps we could hang out more with the girls...I invited Victoria to a Quidditch game"

He said this nonchalantly to show that he trusted Xander as well.

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Xander relaxed, knowing he was joking. He needed to be able to talk to Luke. He was the only other person in this Merlin forsaken castle that he actually trusted.

At the mention of Quidditch, he perked up. "Oh yeah? How you going to manage that, lover boy? We don't exactly have brooms on hand and how are we going to play with just the four of us." It could be fun, even if they just rode around for a while. Though he wasn't sure how they would even be able to do that unsupervised.

"But seriously, I don't know what I'm going to do about Tess. She doesn't put up with my old crap. I have to be...honest with her. And it's quite weird."

He didn't mind it really. It just went against everything he'd grown up with.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Luke rolled his eyes at the relief that was clear in Xander's eyes. He knew that

"You know we could simply buy some" he said "Since when is money an object? Either way, we could just borrow one from the shack"

Stretching he sighed.

"You know, it's good she's not taking your crap" he began. "She's making you work for her and making you actually be you and not some charming idiot"

He chuckled and added.

"And while I find that idiot amusing, I don't think a girl wants you that way. At least think of it this way, she wants you or else she wouldn't take your crap"

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Xander nodded. "I guess that's true. Let's just hope I don't mess it up royally."

He wasn't sure where it was all going. But he knew he didn't want to lose her. Even if she did make fun of him, he couldn't imagine Hogwarts without her.

Turning back to Luke, tried to be nonchalant. "Did I tell you she kissed me?" His old smirk fell back into place. He didn't view it as just another victory, but was honestly proud that she liked him enough to do so.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Well didn't that get his attention. Luke lifted his head and looked at him wide-eyed. Xander was better than Luke ever thought he'd be.

"You dog!" he said smirking.

He couldn't help but wanting to know more.

"Tell me more" he said eyes bright.

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:00 pm

And this is where he teases me. "Well...it was when we were walking back from the castle. We'd hadn't fought for most of the time we were together."

He tried to recall it all. "I actually initiated it, kind of. I...kissed her on the hand at the ice cream shop. Don't even laugh!"

He fell back on his pillow with a groan, knowing Luke would think he was a mushy idiot. "But she didn't say anything after. I was worried it was too out of line, so I apologized. Then she kind of sprung it on me."

Xander couldn't help but smile at the memory of her impulsiveness.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Luke did laugh, but not to tease him, but the fact that Tess had initiated rather than him. He found it amusing how Xander seemed almost wincing at the teasing that wasn't even thrown his way...not yet at least. He simply threw him a pillow and smirked.

"Well aren't you lucky" he said. "It's a treat you know? You behaved and now you got a kiss"

He winked showing he was teasing.

"Personally, I was brave enough to kiss Victoria on my own" he gloated.

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:24 pm

"What!?!?"

Xander didn't think Luke had it in him. Not that he thought Luke was a wimp, far from it. But he never acted very confident around girls.

"Alright, enough deflecting to my day. What actually happened on the date? Don't leave out the good parts either." He threw Luke's pillow back at him, figuring he'd need it later.

He was really happy for Luke. It had been evident for a while the he and Victoria liked each other.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Luke smiled brightly and a glaze went over as he remembered his date.

"We went to Honeydukes, and I bought her candy. It was fun and she asked me how it was like being a Muggle" he said amused. "But...she asked me about my mom"

He looked down rubbing his arm self-consciously.

"But...but we talked. And she was nice and well I walked her home....and I don't know...I kissed the corner of her lips"

He didn't want to say it was by accident and how he had aimed wrong, because then Xander would really make fun of him and he'd rather not.

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:11 am

Xander was shocked that Luke had told her about his mom. It was something he didn't even try to bring up, understanding that Luke didn't usually want to talk about it.

"Wow man, you're in deep if you told her about you mom. Good for you." He was happy that Luke was able to open up to her.

At his mention of the kiss Xander couldn't help but laugh. But not at Luke, at his boldness. "Well played! Leaves her wanting more, eh? How'd she react?"

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:48 am

Luke was glad that Xander mentioned this, and he agreed to it. If he mentioned his mother to Victoria, that meant that he was in for the long haul. He felt that Victoria was the only girl that he trusted.

"I'm sweet on her" he grumbled.

He let out a his chsmall smirk and ignored his cheeks reddening.

"She blushed and said it was a great date and rushed off into her common room"

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:40 pm

"That's awesome man. Good for you." He sighed, knowing he had to get back to his homework.

He picked up his books again and arranged them in order of importance.

"Well I hope we can arrange that Quidditch match. It'll be lots of fun. I'm going to go ahead and order brooms for Tess and I." He made a mental note to head to the owlery tomorrow.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:49 pm

He chuckled and shook his head.

"I see how it is, choose her over me. Bollocks that's what I say." he teased.

Picking up his muggle book, he began to read about normal Muggle societies.

"Just leave the planning to me," he said.

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down