Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letters To A Friend (Lars and Seffi)

2 posters

Go down

Letters To A Friend (Lars and Seffi) Empty Letters To A Friend (Lars and Seffi)

Post by Lars Ulric Wilhelm Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:19 am

It was a hard thing for him to do, writing this letter. Definitely more difficult than designing weapons of mass destruction. That came easy to him, fighting for his life came naturally to him. Instinct of self-defense. But strong emotions for a gorgeous girl, this was new, and so much harder than anything he had done before.

Planning out his letter, using his brain to make it as nice as he possibly could, and trying to find ways to get her to open up were what he needed to do. Finally, he dipped the quill in the parchment and wrote the following:

Hello Seffi,

This is your new friend Lars. I want to get to know you as well as humanly possible, so tell me about yourself. Any detail you can think of, all of your mannerisms, the words you use, and way of thinking. I want to know everything you are willing to share. You seem like the coolest person I've ever met, and I think I've told you, you are the prettiest girl I've ever seen. It isn't just flattery, it is the truth, it just functions as both sometimes. Wink

Any questions you would like to ask me, go right ahead and ask them. I will answer anything, if I know it myself that is. Sometimes, I can be pretty thick to emotions, and that type of thing. So, if an answer isn't satisfactory, give me advice on how to explain it better.

Hope to be spending more time with you. Miss you already, which is weird since we just met. Ah well, such is life.

P. S. This is my Falcon named Stefano. Be wary of him, he is trained to hunt. Just be nice and you should be good. I told him if he bit you he wasn't getting any dinner. So, he normally is nice, but be careful. You can send a letter back in the tube tied to his ankle.

Your not so secret admirer, and friend(hopefully),
Lars Ulric Wilhelm

He placed the letter in the tube, that was tied to his falcon's leg. "Alright, Stefano, be nice to this girl. Let her pet you, she is a special girl. I know you'll like her. Take this to Seffi Dresner, boy. And if you do a good job, and come back with a letter, I will give you two owl treats. One tonight, and one in the morning. Now, fly Stefano. Be nice to her, and nudge her towards quill and parchment if you have to. In a cute way if you can manage it." Lars told his hunting Falcon Stefano.

Releasing him out the window, he watched as his first letter to anybody went on its way. Well, to anybody who he considered a friend. Lars had already written some letters for the Wilhelm company, and they were looked over by his Uncle Jean before being sent off. Lars really hoped she liked the letter.
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Letters To A Friend (Lars and Seffi) Empty Re: Letters To A Friend (Lars and Seffi)

Post by Seffi Dresner Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:59 am

Seffi was sitting in the Muhe girls dorm, thinking about what she was going to be doing on her last few days of school, and she blinked a little bit when she saw that there was a falcon tapping at the window of the castle, she really wondered what it was doing here. Letting the bird come into the dorm, she smiled and saw it was holding a letter on his leg.

Presuming it was for her Seffi took it off and read it, she smiled as she did so, after all she had hoped it would be from Lars, and it was such a nice letter she could do very little but be happy with the fact that he had decided to brighten her day by sending it to her.

Hey there Lars,

Thank you for sending me this letter, it's so nice to hear from you again, I was wondering if the falcon would be from you, it would make sense for you to have such a lovely pet. He seems nice, and even allowed me to pet him once or twice.

Tell you about me? I would like to but I'm not quite sure what to say to you, I think that I'm very boring to be honest, however my favourite things to do is to bake cakes and I love to be able to make people smile with the gifts that I give them. I suppose the favourite thing to bake of mine is brownies, do you like them?

Anyway, maybe you could tell me a little bit more about how your lessons have gone? Would you like to apply for some of the apprenticeship places when you turn into your third year? I know I want to take on the Psychology position with Professor Nickel, have you met him yet?

Anyway, I hope to hear back from you soon,
Lots of love
Seffi
x

Attaching the letter to the falcon, Stephano, she hoped that it would get back to Lars as soon as possible, she could not wait for a reply.
Seffi Dresner
Seffi Dresner
Muhe Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Letters To A Friend (Lars and Seffi) Empty Re: Letters To A Friend (Lars and Seffi)

Post by Lars Ulric Wilhelm Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:19 am

Lars was ecstatic when Stefano returned with the tube cap on. So, she had responded probably. He was so excited, he had to restrain himself from grabbing Stefano before he landed. "Thanks, boy. Here is your owl treat, (falcons liked them as well you see), and you know what? Here is another, good work Stefano!" Lars told his Falcon, giving him the treats, and then he carefully uncapped the letter holder tube. Pulling out the tightly rolled parchment, he smiled widely.

"Here we go. Hope she doesn't think this is too weird. It might be a bit much to some people. Writing letters, hopefully she understands." Lars said, and he scanned the parchment, reading it quickly. He was an extremely fast reader, but he decided to read it three more times. No way, she didn't think this was a weird thing to do.

Salutations, Miss Dresner,

I was so excited to get your letter. When Stefano came through I had to restrain myself from pouncing on him when he came flying towards my window. Well, he listened to me then, I told him to be on his best behavior, and try to get you to write back to me by gentle nudging. Glad he listened to me, I told him you were special to me.

That is awesome! So you can cook too! Wow, you are a girl of many talents aren't you. Brownies are the best. I study a lot of things, as I am sure you can tell. So, muggle desserts, I am vaguely familiar with. Brownies I have heard of though. I'll have to be your taste-tester sometime. Make sure to run or something after, to stay in shape. Otherwise I might get chubby. Noo! Just kidding.

That is really cute that you love giving people gifts to make them smile, you are so nice! It is weird for me to meet somebody this cool. I don't deserve to have somebody who is as good as you in my life. It does put you in danger, I know I told you I would protect you, but what if I was killed. Wait, maybe I could...yes, that would work. When is your birthday Seffi?

I am taking pretty much every class except muggle--related subjects. I want to be a Dark Arts Apprentice, or a Psychology Apprentice actually. I love the psychology of warfare, and it helps me understand how people react to scary situations. Hmm, if I haven't, I will soon. I think I know who you are talking abut, but haven't formally introduced myself as of yet.

How could I not write back to you as quickly as possible? I liked you the first time I saw you.

Friend to a Seffi, Somehow she tolerates me, that is how people are going to identify me. Oh, are you friends with that beautiful, kind, smart, and funny person. I'll say yep, that is me. And gush about how great you are.

So glad you actually are my friend,
Lars xoxo

Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Seffi Dresner Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:11 am

Seffi was idly doing some of her charms homework when the next letter arrived by falcon. Thankful for the distraction, Seffi smiled to the falcon and stroked the large bird's head softly as she took the letter. She smiled as she read the parchment over quickly before taking a fresh piece of parchment and rummaging around for one of her better quils. Finding it, she set to work penning her reply.

Guten abend Lars!

I'm glad that your restrained yourself from pouncing on him! The poor bird wouldn't be able to carry more letters if you'd done that. Not to mention he's a lovely bird and would be an awful shame for him to be hurt. I hate it when he even has a feather out of place! He's giving me the bird version of the 'thousand yard' stare... he's quite good at it!

Yes I can cook, but mostly I bake. It's very relaxing at times and the cakes themselves are the reward for doing such a good job. I'm so glad that you like brownies! You can always tell what kind of a person someone is by if they like brownies. If they don't then they don't have a soul! Oh I'm just kidding of course.

I like being nice, it's its own reward after all. And it helps when you're trying to make new friends if you give them a taste of some lovely baking or cooking. Oooookay Lars that was kind of cryptic right there! I know that you'll protect me but I don't really want to think about you dying to do so. And besides that, what does my birthday have to do with it?

Well I suppose it might be better to just do the muggle-based courses on your own anyway right? I mean we can't do magic over the holidays so it would give you plenty of time to do them then. I'm not the biggest fan of the Dark Arts but Professor Nickel is a fun teacher to have for Psychology! He's really nice! You really have to try to meet him!

Oh hush you with your flowery words! Hush! I'm not all that.

Always will be Lars!
Seffi xx
Seffi Dresner
Seffi Dresner
Muhe Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Ulric Wilhelm Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:05 am

Stefano returned with the letter, and Lars calmly retrieved what could only be Seffi's response. Her handwriting was so much prettier than his was, it was just better. His wasn't bad, but hers had a certain elegance to it he knew he'd never have.

Dear Seffi,

It was a challenge, I can tell you that. But, Stefano was one of my first friends. Yes, he's just a falcon, but also so much more than that. He knows me better than some of my family members, to be quite honest. I like to keep his feathers in place as well, but he does most of the work himself. Glad you like his 'thousand yard' stare, that is a good description of it.

Ah, I've done more cooking than baking personally. I would love it if you could teach me how to bake though! I'm sure being able to eat your creations is a perk. If I ate my most recent creation that would mean eating a double-edged sword I just made. Not the ideal snack. I don't know, if somebody doesn't like brownies, they may not have a soul. Those treats are chocolatey heaven. You are a funny girl, Seffi.

Well that is good, I wish I was nicer. Haven't had anybody to show me how to be nice though, that is until I met you. Maybe you can teach me how to be a nicer person Seffi. If you go around giving baked goods to people, you will soon be one of the most popular people at Durmstrang. I would be willing to place a bet on that. Sorry, sometimes I forget that most people haven't deal with the whole murderers after you thing before. Seriously though, I'll protect you no matter the cost. Yea, I just met you, but you are my first friend here. I think you will be my best friend as well, maybe, someday, a...no, I can't say it yet. You'd laugh at me.

Your birthday has nothing to do with that. I wanted to know so I could get you a good present when it is your birthday Seffi. I already have a brilliant idea, that I am sure you'll love. But, if I don't know when your birthday is, how will I know when to give it to you? And don't bother asking what it is, you won't know until the day of your birthday. I am stubborn when it comes to things like this.

Okay, you may have a point. I'll grab some more muggle books on the subject, and add it to my summer study schedule. I already do lots of studying, and I can generally teach myself most of it. I'd love to meet this Professor Nickel. Perhaps you could introduce me to him sometime? I could also just meet him by myself I suppose.

With my flowery words? I haven't even mentioned flowers. I would compare you to a flower, of course, but there aren't any flowers I know of that are anywhere near as beautiful as you, so why try? Yes, you are all that. At least you are to me Seffi.

That is indeed encouraging.
Lars Ulric Wilhelm

P. S..xoxo? what does that mean Seffi?
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Seffi Dresner Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:49 am

Seffi had been just in the kitchens, taking one of her newly made batches of brownies out of the oven, her friend Eliza had taken the letter form the falcon Stefano and she couldn't help but blush as she teasingly read it aloud to her.

Biting her lip she placed the brownies down to cool and smiled as she picked up her quill and began to write a response to the letter that she had just received.

Dear Lars,

I definately think that trying to eat a double edged sword would not only be very painful, but it would also be very very horrible to eat, it wouldn't have a very nice taste I don't think. But anyway, I have just made a new batch of brownies, I'll send one with this letter I just hope Stefano doesn't eat it on it's way back to you!

If you want to spend more time with me that would be great, I'd like to spend more time with you too, but I don't think you need to become a nicer person Lars, you're so nice to me already you really don't need to change a thing. I'm not sure that you would be the same Lars that I was friends with if you changed that much!

You are my first friend here too Lars, and I'll make sure that we keep in contact over the school years, it would upset me if we stopped talking to each other.

Alright then I will tell you my Birthday if you promise to tell me yours too, because then I will be able to give you something that you will love for your birthday when it comes around. It's only fair after all if you get me a present that I get you one.

I would love to introduce you two together, and I would really like to be able to compliment you like you keep complimenting me, although I'm really rather useless at things like that.

I presume it means hug, kiss, hug and kiss :/

Seffi
x
Seffi Dresner
Seffi Dresner
Muhe Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Ulric Wilhelm Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:32 am

Lars was shocked to see a brownie coming back with Stefano. No way, this soon, he couldn't believe it. Taking it from Stefano, who looked hungrily at the brownie as he took it, he took out the letter. Feeling sorry for Stefano, he broke off a tiny section of the brownie for his falcon. "That's all you get, count yourself lucky." he said, as he stroke Stefano affectionately. Generally, Lars loved his pet falcon Stefano. Tonight, however, he loved Stefano even more than usual. Bringing back all these great letters, and even a brownie from Seffi. He was so lucky.

After scanning the letter, a smile broke across his features. "Alright, let's see. There we go." he said, as his brain figured out what to write back to her.

Lovely Lady Dresner,

Oh yes, I must agree with you on that. The taste of cold steel isn't one of my favorites. And I actually have tasted steel before, not a pleasant flavor. Stefano knows better, I gave him a small piece off mine. He's known me long enough that he doesn't mess with my packages. It is a matter of trust and friendship, plus, I think he likes you. So he is probably going to listen to you as well, if you ever need him to do anything for you.

Awesome, that sounds like something we will have to do then. Well, I treat you nicer than I do most people. I mean, I don't try to be mean to other people or anything. But you, well I kind of treat you special. Thanks, I am glad you think so highly of me. However, you didn't know me before I came to Durmstrang. Your kindness has already started to rub off on me. Besides, I have a secret reason why I am so nice to you. Razz Hehehe, and you don't know what it is. At least, I don't think you do.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I think it would not be good for either of us if we stopped being friends. Personally, I am of the opinion that we can learn a lot from each other. Plus, I think we already know we can trust each other. At least, you should know that. *puts hands on hips* If you don't, we'll have to have a talk.

My birthday is 29/7/2003, and I am currently eleven years old. There, now you can tell me yours. I suppose that you are allowed to know my birthday. If you feel like you want to get me a present then go ahead, but you don't have to. Just as long as I get to hang out with you, that is the best present possible. It doesn't have to be on the day either, just as long as I can see you. Our conversations always make me smile.

Excellent, I signed up next year for his class. Can't wait to take it. You don't need to compliment me, some people are gifted with words others aren't. No worries, this brownie is as good as a hundred compliments by itself. Seffi, you sure know how to make a mean brownie.

Ah, I see. Well hugs and kisses from you are always welcome.

Lars
xoxo

Letters To A Friend (Lars and Seffi) 8629308
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down