Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson One: An Introduction Into The Muggle World

2 posters

Go down

Lesson One: An Introduction Into The Muggle World Empty Lesson One: An Introduction Into The Muggle World

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:57 am

(OOC NOTE: Since there are so few students that have signed up (and they still can), there are going to be a few "Ghost" students I'll be playing within my posts so that I can keep the class lesson even. Have fun!)

Walter sighed from inside his office. He had already put up on the blackboard out in the classroom, "Professor White, Muggle Studies, Take any seat for now", along with some improvements among the class layout; mainly, each two-person desk was hooked up to a gas main for Bunsen burners, along with various drawers containing whatever he would be putting in for that lesson. At that moment, there wasn't anything in the drawers, since he would be passing out the materials himself.

He sighed, and sipped at his mug of coffee before he walked out into the classroom, walking behind his desk at the front of the room. It was a large, black-topped lab table with a Bunsen burner attached on top, and the blackboard behind it. He set down his coffee, sat in his custom ordered wheelie-swivel chair, and waited.

He watched as the students came in and took a seat anywhere, as instructed, and cleared his throat loudly, gaining their attention.

"Don't take your wands out. Don't take out your parchment, quills, inkwells... In fact, just set your bags down, take a seat, and be quiet." Walt waited for the rest of the students to come in, and for them to take their seats. It was then he stood up.

"This class is called Muggle Studies, but don't be fooled into thinking this is an easy class. You won't be learning the outdated things your parents and I studied while the previous professor ran things here. Here, you will learn how to live in the Muggle World, which, to those who are unaware, encompass almost the entire planet. Don't think Muggles are inferior without magic either, otherwise you'll be making a fool of yourself."

Walt sighed, erasing what he had written on the board before he wrote "MUGGLES 101". He turned back around and leaned on the wall, an eyebrow raised.

"Now, my name is, to you, Professor White. You may call me Mr. White, Professor White, or Sir. Once, I was known as Heisenberg. Those of you who know of that name know to heed it well, lest bad things happen to you." Taking out a box and putting it on his desk, he pulled out thick leather-bound books and a handful of fountain pens, placing a large stack of the books on each row of tables.

"Take one book and pass them back to each row," Walt instructed, walking back to his desk. He coughed a bit, before placing the fountain pens on his desk, next to a clip board holding a sign-in sheet. "Each and every one of you, take a pen, write your name, year, and house on the sign-in sheet, and then take that pen with you back to your desk. No trading pens, this pen stays with you for the rest of the year."

"Once you all sign in, I'll preform a rollcall, and ask each and every one of you some questions, to test you. The books, they stay with you until the end of the year as well, since you are to put everything you write for this class in these. No need to turn them in, I'll be able to read each and every one of them on my desk."

He smiled as he sat back in his seat as students came to sign in, taking pens and signing in. He sipped at his mug as he watched his students. Oh, this would be a fun year, he could tell.

Back to top Go down

Lesson One: An Introduction Into The Muggle World Empty Re: Lesson One: An Introduction Into The Muggle World

Post by Lucian Ciero Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Valentina had taken a seat in the class and left her bag on the floor untouched just as the Professor had asked her, she thought that this might be a little unusual since none of her other classes had asked her to do so but whatever the Professor wanted.

When he had finished speaking to her she took a book, and a pen, and went up to the front to sign in:

'Valentina Clarke'
First Year
Slytherin'

Then Valentina hurried back to her desk ready to start this lesson as she knew quite a bit about muggle life, and, from the looks of the room it was almost like a chemistry lab, which she had visited many times before.
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Lesson One: An Introduction Into The Muggle World Empty Re: Lesson One: An Introduction Into The Muggle World

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:57 pm

(ooc: this is going to be hilarious. I can already see it. XD)

Freya sighed as she walked in after the students were already in their seats. She noticed the very back desk was empty and she didn't really want to be noticed by the other students. It was already embarrassing enough that she was going to sit through a Muggle Studies class when she was a professor. When Freya looked at him, she wondered. He wasn't actually going to make her sign in, was he? She was here to listen to the class, not keep a notebook full of notes. She had enough paper work to do as a teacher now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Darren had walked into the class and abandoned his bag on the floor. Taking a book and pen and now that Valentina had signed in, he walked to the board and did the same.

Darren Arbalastier
First Year
Ravenclaw

With that down, he returned to his seat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:56 am

Closed.
No lesson subject explored.
No points.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down