Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afterlife? (Nicholas and Marylin)

2 posters

Go down

Afterlife? (Nicholas and Marylin) Empty Afterlife? (Nicholas and Marylin)

Post by Nicholas Cathin Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:00 am

Nicholas was fascinated by power in all of it's forms and he was making great strides in not only recognising and observing power but in obtaining as much of it as he could. Granted, he was not some kind of super genius but he was much more intelligent than the mask he portrayed suggested.

Which was why he was currently in the graveyard. It was massive, so big that there was no chance that anyone would notice if one or two graves were broken into. And it seemed that he had been right because he was now staring at a recently dead man, his coffin's lid broken off and thrown casually to one side.

Grinning to himself as he set about casting diagnostic spells on the corpse, Nicholas couldn't help but feel the same dark glee he got whenever he thought about the darkest of arts. Life magic. That was where true power was! The power that so many others were too weak to seek... he'd find it.
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Afterlife? (Nicholas and Marylin) Empty Re: Afterlife? (Nicholas and Marylin)

Post by Marylin Mason Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:17 am

Marylin wandered through the graveyard, as she so often did when she was bored, her black parasol open to protect her pale skin from the rays of the sun, after all who would want to develop a tan like so many of those ridiculous orange muggles seemed to be so fond of.

She had decided that she would have a small period of rest on a nearby bench, behind a mausoleum, and suddenly she found herself awaking, with no sun to be found, and in the middle of a graveyard at night time, unaware if she would be able to get out again or if the gates would be locked.

"Wonderful." Marylin muttered dryly before getting up off the bench and wandering back along the path where she had come from earlier, straightening her hair and clothes as she did so, she must look her best at all times after all.

It was then that she noticed that boy, Nicholas, and she frowned; "What on earth are you doing with a dead corpse Nicholas?" Marylin asked in a cool tone.
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:24 am

Nicholas had had the foresight to put up some minor detection charms around the area to warn him if someone approached so he was not caught by surprise when Marylin appeared from the darkness. As was so often the case with Marylin, her gothic beauty threatened to take his senses away but he was too strong to be turned into a blubbering mess by her beauty, no matter how great it was,

"Good evening Marylin, how are you this fine and chilling night?" he asked her with a wicked grin as he stood up to face her, "As for what I was doing..."

He paused and tilted his head to the side, taking the time to look her up and down obviously as he grinned,

"Let's call it satisfying my curiosity shall we?" he told her with a dark purr, "I find life and death so amazing... don't you Marylin? The power of life and death is so intoxicating. But enough about me... why are you here so late my dear? Don't you know there are bad men about at night...?"
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:29 am

Marylin could sense immediately that there was a difference in Nicholas and she wondered what had made him act so differently to his normal quite goofy mannerisms, at least, that was the way that he had appeared when she had been in conversation with him before hand.

"I am keeping well thank you very much." she replied rather curtly, something about the boy just made her want to run in the opposite direction out of annoyance, yet she would not totally negate her manners "And what has happened to you, hit your head on a rock while digging?"

Raising her eyebrow when she heard him call her, 'my dear' Marylin almost had to supress a shudder, this boy was here at night digging up corpses and she was expected to react well when he decided to call her such a simpering pet name?

"I accidentally fell asleep when I was visiting earlier, I did not wake up until now and I am unsure of how I am supposed to get out of this place." she sighed in an aggrivated manner
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:38 am

Nicholas turned to the corpse again and poked the man's eye with his wand, using a diagnostic charm. He chuckled a little bit at the information it gave him before returning his undivided attention to Marylin again. She seemed to command his attention for reasons that were confusing to him to say the least. Marylin felt just more interesting and more compelling than any of the clowns in their year,

"I'm glad to hear that Marylin, I would hate to hear that you were upset in any way." he told her smoothly, silkily. When she questioned the change in him he grinned wickedly at her, "What's the best way for a wolf to attack a sheep Marlyin? By pretending to be a sheep-dog. This is closer to what I really am than that idiotic mask I present to the public. Of course I could throw in some annoying traits of my mask if it would sooth you. You seem tense."

When she told him that she had merely fallen asleep he couldn't help but pout a little bit,

"And here I thought you could share my interests." he teased her before chuckling a little bit and shaking her head, "The British Rebels are patrolling again so I wouldn't try and leave just yet Marylin, my dear. I know their schedules due to many trips like this one. Just think of me as something of a guide... a gaurdian angel perhaps?"
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:52 am

Marylin laughed coldly when he told her that he thought she was on edge, of course she was on edge she just saw that someone who she thought was a complete idiot maybe being somewhat interesting after all. With a small smirk playing on her lips Marylin shook her head;

"Well when you see someone you thought was a complete idiot actually turn out to be somewhere halfway near interesting, it's a little bit of a shock." she grinned wickedly, eyes glinting in the moonlight.

Running her hand through her long blonde hair, Marylin fixed her eyes onto Nicholas' and couldn't help but think that he seemed to be more...attractive when he acted in a darker manner than he had before, it was odd for her to think that but...there the thought was.

"Why would the British Rebels have some problem with me being here, I'm no German." Marylin grinned before chuckling "And I think I'll be able to cope on my own without my 'Guardian Angel.'"
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:59 am

Nicholas couldn't help but smirk a little bit when she laughed a cold laugh that was so close to his own. Oh yes she was a woman cut from his own mold it would seem. Alike in mind and morals perhaps? Time would tell. He chuckled darkly and bowed his head slightly,

"I am honoured that you think I'm close enough to being interesting to you now." he told her with a small smirk. To be honest he'd have been surprised if she wasn't interested. After all, he had gone from a bubbling happy Gryffindor to cutting up corpses in her eyes. He smirked a little bit cockily, "Stick around and it won't be too much of a shock."

Nicholas turned his attention back to the corpse for a few seconds before frowning. He jabbed his wand in between the corpse's ribs, his wand tip breaking the skin as he cast another spell. Leaving the body he slid his wand into a holster and took a step closer to Marlyin, who's beauty seemed to be magnified by the moon,

"I think it's because we're no more than a stone's throw from their 'secret' base." he commented dryly with a small, amused, smirk before raising an eyebrow, "You're confident in yourself aren't you? I like that in a woman."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 am

Marylin smirked a little bit, oh of course she couldn't help but like this new boy that he had become, she liked him a whole lot better now that his stupid alter ego seemed to be terminated, and she wondered just how this boy had ended up in Gryffindor at all.

"You want me to stick around do you? Maybe if you stay this interesting I'm going to have to. You have any other things you want to tell me now I've found this out?" she asked with a grin forming on her lips once more, showing her flawless white teeth, shaking her hair behind her back, Marylin gently bit her lip, unaware she was making it more plump than it would normally be.

Eyebrow raising itself up Marylin looked away from the body and sighed; "Was that really needed Nicholas?"

When he commented on the fact that she was confident, Marylin grinned and she nodded her head with a smug smile appearing on her lips, of course she was confident in herself; "What do I have to not be confident about? What does it matter to me if you like it or not."
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:22 am

Nicholas could see, plainly, that Marylin's interest in him was growing with the more they talked. His interest in her had been peaking since the day they'd first met and it was good to see that she was seemed to be growing closer to being his. Why did he want her? Well there were many reasons. She didn't throw herself at him for one. And then there was... well pretty much everything else about her. Marylin Mason really was his kind of girl,

"I would like it if you decided to stay, yes. You're the most interesting person I've met in Slytherin. How a once great House has become filled with such weaklings I'll never know..." he muttered before chuckling a little bit and waving a finger and shaking his head with a small smirk, "Ah but why would you come back if I told you everything? But I will tell you that the only part of my mask that is true is that I am a spell crafter."

He chuckled a little bit as he ended the spell. Nicholas looked up at Marylin with a small smirk, "Yes actually. I needed to check something but as with most dark spells it needed some blood."

When she smiled her smug little grin he noticed that her lips were plumper than usual. He looked at her lips for a few seconds longer than he perhaps should have done but kept his face a mask of dark amusement,

"Well you have a point there Marylin. You're very skilled." he acknowledged before smirking slightly, although he was a little bit perplexed that his opinion didn't seem to matter to her, "Just an observation Marylin, my dear."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:39 am

Marylin felt herself smiling with happiness when she was told that she was one of the most interesting Slytherins that he had met since being in Hogwarts, it was true that she was the only proper Slytherin that the school seemed to have after all, the rest of them were a disgrace to their house founder.

"That annoys me also, they shame the name of Slytherin to be in the house and so free with their affections and liberal with their views." Marylin glowered darkly, letting her features school themselves into a frown of annoyance.

Smirking darkly Marylin shrugged her shoulders; "Good point Nicholas, good point, I do like a little bit of mystery now and again, but a spell crafter could come in handy." she mused aloud, tapping her chin.

With a small nod Marylin hummed, she knew of course that dark spells needed a lot of blood and she thought it was a good idea to use others and not your own when it was available. It just so happened it was available in this instance.

"Well it seems that your the only person to realise my potential in it's entirety, besides my family of course." she preened.
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:35 am

Nicholas smirked a little bit when he noticed how glad she seemed to be counted amongst the interesting Slytherins. He thought it best not to burst her bubble by pointing out she was the only one he'd cared enough about to actually talk to. Or perhaps she would enjoy knowing she was the only one worthy of approaching? He'd wait and see. Seeing her so wound up he smirked a little more,

"Indeed. Salazar would be rolling around in his grave if he had one." he acknowledged with a dark look, "There's a reason why I find myself in Gryffindor instead. I'd attract more attention holding to the true ideals of Salazar within his own house than I would out. You must have found this yourself."

Chuckling a little bit, he made a show of bowing to her slightly, "A pleasure to know that my hobby is up to your high standard Marylin."

Nicholas was not in the habit of giving up his own blood for anything. Not for blood tests, not for blood drives and not for dark magic. If it was just anyone's blood then he'd take it from someone else. He had greater need of it after all. They'd only use it to 'live' after all,

"Do not worry Marylin, I have a feeling that before our time is done the entire magical world will be quite aware of your skills." he told her with complete certainty, "And how does your family feel about the nature of said skills?"
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:39 am

Marylin furrowed her brow and she couldn't believe that she was supposed to be in a house full of Slytherins, when none of them were Slytherins to the proper degree that she would find acceptable. With a small sigh she couldn't help but agree with Nicholas, it was odd that she found herself doing so as well.

"I suppose that makes sense, however I find myself wishing that you were in the same house as me, you would be surprised how many people have come into conflict with me over my views. It would be nice to have someone with me on my side." Marylin sighed, annoyed.

With a smirk appearing on her lips, Marylin couldn't help but feel that Nicholas was trying to butter her up for something, but she couldn't tell what, maybe he was trying to get her to help him with his little porject he seemed so keen on persuing in graveyards.

"Well my family are very proud of my skills, they think that they show the best qualities of my family and of my house." she said, proudly "What about your family, do they know about your little...hobby?"
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:32 am

Nicholas chuckled a little bit when she told him that she would have liked him to have been in the same house as her. He would have been if he hadn't of asked the Hat to send him to Gryffindor instead. Who would suspect someone from Gryffindor of being Dark? He admitted that it would have been more fun to be around Marylin though,

"Yes I imagine the house of snakes leaves very little room for friendship when it's values are now closer to those of Gryffindor." he accepted with a frown before smirking slightly, "Well we can still meet up outside of our dorms Marylin."

He smirked in return. It seemed she'd cottoned onto the fact that he was buttering her up for something. Of course he wasn't about to spring his 'trap' just yet. He wasn't ready to start taking knowledge by force so he had no need of a second in command. A girlfriend that would belong to him though... that was something he could definately see Marylin being,

"Ah such a firtile environment for you to nurture and hone your skills in Marylin." he purred before chuckling, "Both my parents are too light to help my ambitions with the dark magics. But my mother is very helpful in teaching me to become a spell crafter. If only she knew what spells I'm making... the poor dear would have a heartattack I imagine."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down