Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Potion Unknown (Nicholas and Marylin)

2 posters

Go down

A Potion Unknown (Nicholas and Marylin) Empty A Potion Unknown (Nicholas and Marylin)

Post by Marylin Mason Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:30 am

Marylin knew, of course, that she was not supposed to be in this part of the creatures hangouts on her own, however, she found that she really didn't much care for being on the right path as dictated by the majority of society, She enjoyed the rush of going against the rules.

Of course, she was in the only place that she would be able to gain the ingredients she needed for the potion that she was making, they were questionable in legality and the Apothecary in Knocturn Alley didn't seem to have all of the ingredients at the correct fee. Although Marylin was from a rich pureblood family, she still didn't want to pay more than needed.

Flipping her curls back from her face, Marylin looked over the shelves and smirked to herself, her eyes taking on an unnatural tint of malice as she thought about what she would be making later on this evening.
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

A Potion Unknown (Nicholas and Marylin) Empty Re: A Potion Unknown (Nicholas and Marylin)

Post by Nicholas Cathin Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:43 am

Nicholas was rather fond of his parents, in general. His father he liked okay and his mother he admired and, to some extent, loved. But man if they weren't stiffling when it came to the darker side of magic. They'd even steered him away from history books on dark wizards.

Having made his escape, Nicholas made his way to his real destination; Knockturn Alley Apothecary. Entering the dimmly lit store, he scanned the area quickly before raising an eyebrow,

"Well well well..." he announced with a smirk, "What have we here? You doing some shopping my dear Marylin?"

He wandered over and glanced at the ingredients she was eying and raised an eyebrow,

"You're looking at some naughty things Marylin... want to give me a hint as to what naughty things you're going to do with them?"
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

A Potion Unknown (Nicholas and Marylin) Empty Re: A Potion Unknown (Nicholas and Marylin)

Post by Marylin Mason Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:57 am

Marylin swiftly looked around when she heard the very familiar voice of Nicholas, and she wondered what it was that he was doing here, surely he wasn't stepping into her side of the dark arts, potions mostly, after all, it wasn't her side of the pool for nothing.

She would very much like to keep it that way, it wouldn't be nice to have someone taking something that belonged to her.

"Hello to you too Nicholas, it would seem that both of us are up to something we shouldn't be, what about your parents, are they shopping somewhere else in Knocturn?"

Tilting her head to one side, Marylin had to resist the urge to hide the ingredients from view however she merely let Nicholas inspect them and then smirked to herself; "Now that would remove all of the fun wouldn't it? What are you doing here then?"
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:03 am

Nicholas had to admit that being in the apothecary was very out of character for him; the real him and the mask. He was terrible at potions after all. But he was better at rituals and they tended to need the same kind of things. At the idea that his parents would shop in Knockturn, Nicholas gave an uncharacteristic snort,

"My parents? In Knockturn Alley? More chance of hell freezing over." he muttered before shaking his head, "No they're off chasing some lost spell tome in one of the lighter stores."

He looked at some of the ingredients before reaching up and taking a jar from the shelf. Looking it over, he grimaced before placing it back on the shelf again. Nicholas smirked,

"Yes I guess it would." he admitted before shrugging, "Looking for some ingredients for a ritual. You should know by now that my potion making skills are just awful."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:59 am

Marylin smirked a little bit, it must be so very suffocating to be someone like Nicholas and belong to such a namby pamby family, not even interested in shopping in the rest of Diagon Alley, even the rather popular Borkin and Burkes?

"I suppose that must be rather frustrating for you, as opposed to having a family like my own who so freely encourage the dark arts to be practiced in the household." she smirked lightly "Feel free to come over if you need somewhere safe to practice."

Tossing some of her blonde hair behind her shoulder, Marylin looked at the next ingredient, blood grass, and she placed it in the basket that she was carrying, there were a few things she needed after all.

When Nicholas mentioned a ritual, Marylins interest was piqued; "Oh really, and what ritual might that be?"
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:06 am

Nicholas wondered, not for the first time, what it would have been like to have a family that accepted his darker, true, self. But the fact was that they didn't. And that was unlikely to ever change. He rolled his eyes a little bit and smirked slightly,

"Understatement is another of your talents Marylin. It's maddening." he told her before smirking, "You would really offer me entry to your home to practice some of our... shall we call it... 'shared interest'? How very kind of you Marylin. Seeing as you're a true Slytherin... I'm going to assume you won't be offended if I ask what's in it for you?"

Looking over some of the ingredients, Nicholas felt like sticking his tongue out in disgust. He was interested in spells that liquified an oppoent's lungs. He didn't want to see the liquid lungs in a jar. He chuckled a little bit,

"I can't see the harm in telling you." he smirked, "The Black Sacrament. Said to make a person a more effective killer by removing the natural instinct to freeze after your first kill."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:20 am

Marylin laughed a little when Nicholas told her that she had been understating what it was like, when she thought about it, she would porbably have taken an interest in the dark arts whether or not she had been brought up in the family she had done, she just might not have been as interested as she was.

"What's in it for me?" she asked with a shocked tone "Why Nicholas, so rude! But I suppose that it is only a fair question, maybe I want to see exactly what it is you're up to...whether I would be interested in joining in on the fun."

When Nicholas told her that he was planning on doing a ritual to make his first kill easier, she wondered if he was really planning on killing someone, he was so young, even she had not really seriously thought about committing the act.

"You planning on targetting anyone in specific with this ritual of yours?" she asked, her eyes blinking a tad more than usual, her green glistening brightly.
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 am

The one good thing about his family, aside from the comfort and all that usual song and dance, was that they were oh so happy to indulge his thirst for power in the 'light' magics. And they were just as easy to kill with. And they were still power. At her shocked tone he chuckled a little bit,

"Oh come now Marylin the shocked tone doesn't suit you at all. Conspiring whispers suit you better I'd say." he teased lightly before smirking, "What makes you think I'm up to something? I might just want to study all areas of magic."

When she asked him about his reasons behind doing the ritual he actually looked a little bit startled for a split seconds before chuckling and shaking his head,

"I'm not in a hurry to kill anyone don't you worry." he shrugged, "I'd just like insurance that if I am forced to kill in defence that I won't freeze up and get myself killed. And all it takes is some ingredients from this store."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:37 am

Marylin smirked when Nicholas told her that he just wanted to explore different areas of magic, she didn't think that was the case, however there was very little evidence besides her hunch that there was any substance to that. Maybe thats Nick actually wanted to do?

"I doubt that Mr. Cathin." she teased gently "I think inside you are just as dark as me if not worse and you want to stick your teeth into something really interesting." Marylin whispered huskily, the subject making her passion for dark arts burn brighter.

At the explaination that Nicholas gave her, Marylin felt more at ease and she nodded her head, a slight smile on her lips as she did so, that made a lot of sense to her, especially when they were in such a war torn situation/

"That makes sense to me Nicholas, after all, you never know what might happen to you, when the country you live in is at odds with another." she sighed gently "Hmmm, it seems I'm in need of some organs next on my list."
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:43 am

Nicholas couldn't help but smirk a little bit. Marylin was as cunning, as intelligent, as she was beautiful and she had quite clearly seen through his little ruse. Knowledge for knowledge's sake was not what he wanted. What he wanted was the power behind said knowledge. And he wanted all of the power he could possess,

"Mr? Oh please my lovely Marylin, I thought we were beyond such formalities." he teased right back before talking a step closer to Marylin, his eyes burning into her's, "There are some things that I wish to taste... the darkest of arts is one such thing. But it isn't the only thing Marylin."

He noticed Marylin's smile and was struck by an odd thought. Her smile, slight though it was, seemed to brigthen her entire face, making her already attractive face nothing short of radient. Nicholas tried to clear the thought from his head,

"Exactly. One can never be too careful when death ends your dreams and ambitions." he commented before grimacing, "I have no idea why you enjoy potion making so much Marylin."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:57 am

Marylin blinked a little bit when Nicholas stepped closer to her, his eyes seemed to be burning with passion and she felt her heart beat a few times too fast, he really was attractive, now that she thought about it properly, he was in a way, very attractive.

"What is the other things that you wish to taste Nicholas, will you tell me?" she asked, tilting her head to one side so that her curls fell about her face, the dark light of the apothecary making them seem even brighter than before.

Chuckling lightly Marylin picked up a jar of pickled rats hearts and placed them in her basket, that was the last ingredient she needed on her list, and it was by far the least expensive, the price of blood grass having risen.

"I enjoy making potions because they are something that someone may never suspect, drawing a wand out at somebody, you know they plan to attack, offering a seemingly innocent glass of water....you would never know."
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:02 am

Nicholas stared into Marylin's eyes for a long time before she tilted her head to the side. His hand moved seemingly on it's own, stroking a strand of her beautiful curls of hair out of her eyes. He drew himself closer still, until their faces were literally inches apart,

"You have already guessed right Marylin..." he whispered huskily to her as his eyes fixed on her lips, "I want to taste you."

He moved closer, kissing her on the lips as he did so. They were pressed together, with his lips pressed firmly, almost possessively, against hers. He pulled away from her lips reluctantly and smiled wider than he had done before,

"You taste amazing..." he whispered to her gently, still cupping her cheek. He smirked and his eyes locked on hers again, "I think I might be addicted to your amazing taste..."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:09 am

Marylin blinked when he said that he wanted to taste her, it was something that she had thought in passing about but she had never truly thought that he was going to want to kiss her, despite he confidence, Marylin was worried about her apperance.

"Very smooth." she whispered, her eyes fixed on Nicholas' just like his were fixed onto hers.

A light flush came over her cheeks and Marylin closed her eyes, feeling his lips press against hers she gently pressed hers against his in return, enjoying the posessiveness of the kiss that he was giving to her, it was what she had always dreamed her first kiss would be like.

Breaking away, Marylin blinked and then let her lips touch Nicholas' again, her eyes locking onto his own burning dark ones;

"I hope that you liked it anyway, after all, you'll be getting a lot more in the next few minutes." she purred.
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:16 am

Nicholas could see some doubt and confusion in Marylin's eyes when he told her that he wanted to taste her. He honestly couldn't see why. She was so beautiful that all he wanted to do was kiss her, to feel her lips against his again and again.

The first kiss was what he had always hoped it would be like. He felt a tingle go through his entire body. Nicholas felt lighter than he ever had before and the taste was so tantilising that he wanted more and more of it. He wanted more of Marylin.

When she kissed him again, lightly, he smiled wider as their eyes locked again. He could see the same desire in her eyes. A sound caught Nicholas' attention and he looked to the side to see a boy around their age looking at them with a raised eyebrow and a smirk. Nicholas' eyes narrowed dangerously and the boy paled,

"I suggest you stop looking at her like that. Get out of here before I tear your throat out." he threatened the boy, watching him run out the store with a sense of satisfaction. He turned back to Marylin, "Now where were we? Oh that's right..."

Wrapping his arms tightly around Marylin's waist to pull her flush against him, Nicholas kissed her again, a possessive and needy kiss.
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:26 am

Marylin blinked and she wondered what was going to happen now, after all they couldn't stand lip locking in the middle of a shop, that would just make people stare...and oh boy they were already staring weren't they?

Sighing gently, Marylin couldn't help but flush when Nicholas told the boy who was smirking where to go and she wrapped her arms around his neck, nuzzling her noze against his soft skin, before kissing it gently;

"Thank you very much, I hate people staring at me like that, stupid idot." she muttered, clearly upset by the event but she chose to ignore it for the time being, merely giggling when Nicholas asked where he was up to "You were just about to kiss me again."

Gladly Marylin let her lips be claimed by Nicholas and she kissed him back happily, running her hands through his hair while they kissed, before she broke away a little breathless;

"Let me just go and pay for these, then what say we get out of here?" she asked, her eyes lit up.
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:33 am

Nicholas could tell that the kissing in public was distressing Marylin so he resolved that they would have to find somewhere else to kiss. Because he knew that both of them still wanted to kiss.

When she nuzzled his neck and kissed at his neck he felt another happy shudder run down his spine. Thinking that if he liked it then maybe she would too, he leant into her neck and kissed her soft skin. He smiled slightly and kissed her lips gently,

"Well you never have to worry about people doing that Marylin. I'll be sure to stop them from doing that." he assured her gently before chuckling slightly and running his hands through her soft hair, "Was I now? I like that part."

The kiss was wild and intense and he couldn't help but want to feel it more and more. When they broke away he nodded even as he was kissing her neck,

"I like that idea..." he purred, giving her his wallet, "Use my money Marylin, I want to be the one to buy them for you as they are tied to something you enjoy."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:42 am

Marylin blinked when he told her to use his money to buy the ingredients, she was far from poor and if she was in any other mindset she would have given mortal offense to the gesture, but her head was a little too cloudy to make that call now.

"Well alright but I intend to give you some form of payback, maybe you can have half of the potion that I intend to make with the ingredients, I dare say you'll like it." she whispered quietly.

Stepping up to the counter, Marylin fluffed up her hair and smiled at the cashier, hoping that he would process the things quickly so that she and Nicholas could get out of here and find somewhere more agreeable to take refuge.

Once she had paid Marylin hopped down from the till and rushed over to Nicholas; "Any idea where we should go...to be a bit more private?" she asked with a flustered gaze.
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down