Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You're Hired! (Darcie and Christielle)

2 posters

Go down

You're Hired! (Darcie and Christielle) Empty You're Hired! (Darcie and Christielle)

Post by Darcie Vane Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:03 pm

Darcie was more than excited to see that she had one of her students interested in persuing an apprenticeship with her she didn't think that anybody would be interested in her subject enough to actually want to learn more about it.

What was more surprising was that the student had shown an interest in all of her subjects, both Soothsaying and Dark Arts! Darcie was over the moon to have one of her best pupils, Christielle, as her apprentice for both subjects if she so desired.

She had sent her new apprentice an owl to ask her to meet her in the Dark Arts classroom office, where she would discuss her apprenticeship with her. Sat on the table was an array of cakes and biscuits, and several types of drink that Christelle could choose from when she arrived.
Darcie Vane
Darcie Vane
Durmstrang Instructor

Back to top Go down

You're Hired! (Darcie and Christielle) Empty Re: You're Hired! (Darcie and Christielle)

Post by Christielle van Gysel Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:49 pm

Christielle knocked lightly on the door and entered. She saw Lehrer Vane and smiled softly. She took the apprentice positions as soon as she was able to - only third years and aove were allowed - and had decided to sign up for her two favourite classes, Dark Arts and Soothsaying.

She scanned the place, spotting a few things she couldn't recognize, and saw that Lehrer Vane had prepared some cakes, biscuits, and drinks. Not wanting to eat at the moment, Christielle sat down in front of the professor.

She opened her mouth, trying to find the right words to say. "Um... I got your owl, professor. I'm glad to be your apprentice now!" she said, looking excited and nervous.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

You're Hired! (Darcie and Christielle) Empty Re: You're Hired! (Darcie and Christielle)

Post by Darcie Vane Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:53 am

Darcie smiled widely as soon as she saw Christielle walk into the classroom, she was so glad to be able to see her so punctual, then again she knew that she would be, she was always on time to her lessons unless she had a really good reason.

Seeing her look both excited and nervous, Darcie smiled more comfortingly, she knew that she was going to be able to teach her things she would not be able to in lessons and hopefully she would enjoy them all the more.

"Hey there Christielle! I'm so glad to see you, on time as usual." she grinned "You want anything to eat or drink before we get started? I just thought that this session we could talk about what you personally want to focus on when I teach you things, anything that interests you particularily we should focus on."
Darcie Vane
Darcie Vane
Durmstrang Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:55 pm

Christielle grinned back when Professor Vane she was on time once more. She shook her head when the professor offered something to eat or drink. "No, thank you. I'm not really hungry at the moment," she said.

After Lehrer Vane had spoken, she paused for a while. What did she want to focus on?

Finally, Christi had decided. "Well, I'm not really sure where to start, so maybe you could just teach me some more things, or maybe a review of our past lessons... I'm not rather sure of what I'd like to learn yet - they're all interesting," she said with a shrug.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcie Vane Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:13 am

Darcie smiled happily and she poured herself a cup of tea, adding milk and sugar to the cup, it was going to be quite an informal meeting as she was quite an informal person, however she hoped that it would not freak Christielle out being so relaxed around a professor of hers.

"Alright then, but they're there if you ever want them." she smiled happily and then looked back into Christielle's eyes, waiting for her to tell her what she wanted to focus on for today's lessons.

Humming lightly to herself while she thought, Darcie made a small noise of happiness when she found out what she was going to start at today, it wasn't something huge, but then again it was something that she felt would be a good starting point.

"Well maybe we should start off with some soothsaying, after all it is my specialty, did you have something you particularily enjoyed in the lessons? Maybe we could start off learning the different meanings of the tarot so you can perform readings."
Darcie Vane
Darcie Vane
Durmstrang Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:38 pm

Christielle grinned and nodded at Lehrer Vane's suggestion. "Sure, I guess we could start off with tarot meanings! I'm not really sure about all the things in Soothsaying, so maybe after the tarot cards we could just go on with whatever is supposed to be next," she said.

She tilted her head slightly and noticed the professor wasn't very formal. She liked that, since other professors who were too formal were just a bit too much for her.

Christi smiled nervously and waited for Lehrer Vane's answer. She hoped it was a good idea.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcie Vane Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:27 am

Darcie smiled gently, she wanted Christielle to be at ease with what they were doing today, and hopefuly the more often they met the more comfortable they would become around each other, at least, that was what she was hoping for anyway.

Taking her deck out of the desk drawer, Darcie looked at the cards and she placed all of the major arcadia on the table, face down, and she smiled gently at Christielle, placing the cards back down in the case, they would come back to them later;

"So, do you know any of the major arcadia already? They are basically all the cards, mostly people, that dictate the main changes, or main things that soothsayers attempt to gain an insight to in a reading of a persons future."
Darcie Vane
Darcie Vane
Durmstrang Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Christi watched as the professor took out some cards. She tried looking at one of them, but just then Lehrer Vane placed them, face-down, on the table. She shook her head a bit when the lehrer asked her if she knew any of the major arcadia.

"Well, I think I know one, but I'm not sure if it's a major arcadia..." she said quietly.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Darcie Vane Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Darcie smiled gently and she nodded her head, she hoped that she was being encouraging enough, after all she didn't want Christielle to be discouraged in any way from answering, she knew that she would get the card right, after all they had covered some of the major arcadia in lessons in soothsaying.

"Go on, I know it's going to be right." she smiled gently "We can discuss its meanings and such afterwards, if you think that would be beneficial, if you remember them then we can move on."
Darcie Vane
Darcie Vane
Durmstrang Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Christielle racked her brains. She can't seem to remember any. She should probably try, at least.

"Erm, I think there's... um... 'the Fool'?" Christi said. She still wasn't sure. Maybe she was thinking of something else. Whatever, at least she was learning things.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down