Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The night is dark (Open to creatures)

3 posters

Go down

The night is dark (Open to creatures) Empty The night is dark (Open to creatures)

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Haley didn't know what she was doing. It was all too much now. She could cope with everything happening. It was all too much. Her friends were dead, her family was dead. Everyone she had ever truly cared about was gone.

She was wrong, she knew that. She still had Charlotte and Airen and Humphrey. She did have them. But she was too sad to see clearly. Everything was dark around her. She couldn't see anything. Either it was because her mind was a complete mess, or because it was pitch black in the forest she was currently in.

She knew she could die now. She knew a creature could kill her. But it didn't matter. Nothing mattered. She just wished she wasn't so alone. She needed something to hold on to, otherwise, what was the point of living? She just couldn't see.

She tripped in something and the warm, wet something trickling down her leg had to be blood. Great. She might end up being sucked dry by a vampire. She looked up at the sky, not bothering to rise. And a thought struck her. Her parents. They wouldn't be happy with her. Not at all. They'd be pissed. Haley bit her lip and groaned softly.

Time to awaken. But the night is dark and full of terrors.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

The night is dark (Open to creatures) Empty Re: The night is dark (Open to creatures)

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:22 am

Humphrey had decided to do some late night exploring. He'd been itching to get out and just explore some of the creature's haunts. To be honest, he hadn't been to a lot of them despite the fact he was a werewolf. The full moon wasn't for a little while yet, so he was safe to be out.

Surprisingly, he thought he heard somebody else walking around. His heightened sense of hearing was able to just pick it out. It was most likely a creature, he might as well see what kind. Creeping closer towards where he heard the sound, Humphrey thought about what creature he might see. Perhaps it would be one he hadn't encountered before.

Looking through some bushes, he was able to make out it wasn't a creature at all. What in the world was Haley doing out here? Didn't she know this was a dangerous area for anybody who didn't have creature blood coursing through their veins?

Rushing over to her, he noticed blood on her leg. Had somebody attacked her, or was it an accident? "Haley, are you alright?" Humphrey asked her. "What are you doing out here in the middle of the night? This isn't the safest place to be you know." he told her.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

The night is dark (Open to creatures) Empty Re: The night is dark (Open to creatures)

Post by Nobelio Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:33 am

Nobelio was walking through the forest. He enjoyed the solitude. Many times, he thought to himself how beautiful the night was. He knew that not many humans liked the night because of all the creatures that roamed about. His footfalls reverberated around the surrounding area. He wasn't stealthy at all in his dragon form, so he morphed himself into a human.

This human wore a simple, black trench coat, a button down shirt, jeans, and boots. His whole appearance looked casual and normal for a human, except for his eyes. They glowed green and let the human-disguised dragon see crystal clear in the night. He even could see through trees due to the incredible senses of dragons.

His ears picked up a conversation. He instantly recognized one of the voices as Humphrey Williams. The young werewolf who had caused quite a ruckus at the last creature meeting. Nobelio held no ill will against the young pup. He remembered being a wyrmling and being incredibly curious about every thing.

However, there was another. A female. He had lived in the Forbidden Forest on the Hogwarts grounds for centuries. Not many knew of him, and those who did chose to keep it to themselves. Deciding to help, he approached them slowly. He looked like a normal human, so he hoped they wouldn't be too put off.

"Excuse me, would you like some help?" Nobelio asked in a deep, fatherly voice.
Nobelio
Nobelio
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:27 am

Haley didn't react when she heard footsteps. She could hear it would be a human shaped creature. A werewolf or a vampire or a creature that could morph, like nymphs and mermaids and the like. But her head snapped to the voice of Humphrey Williams. She jumped to her feet and blinked.

"What are you doing here?" she asked surprised before she managed to gather her thoughts and then her eyes got smaller and she didn't wait for an answer to her question. Instead, she made a new one: "If it's so dangerous, how come you can be here, and not me? Are you suggesting I'm weak?"

But her thoughts were being wilder than that; Humphrey was never rude. Or he tried to never be rude. So why was he here? He clearly didn't have the same, suicidal thoughts that she did. The first thought was vampire. But then she noticed how he wasn't staring at her blood like it was food, but with worry.

"And I'm fine. I simply tripped," she said lowly, a bit annoyed by the fact that she couldn't see all that much in this part of the forest. The trees were so thick, the moon didn't shine through. But she could see the shape of Humphrey and she could hear a lot better when her eyes weren't clouding up her mind.

Her head snapped to another sound of shuffling feet. A foreign voice spoke to them, and she was surprised at the fatherly sound of it. It reminded her so much of her own father, it brought tears to her eyes. Tears she didn't know she still had. "Who are you?" she asked lowly, though her voice portrayed no fear, possibly because she wasn't afraid.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Humphrey noticed that she was clearly surprised to see him here, and he kind of expected it. Most students weren't out here in the middle of the night exploring creature's haunts. He could see the blood running down her leg, it worried him.

"I just wanted to do some exploring." he answered, it was the truth. The real question is what she was doing here. She clearly didn't understand the possible danger, or if she did, she didn't care. "Of course I'm not suggesting that you're weak Haley. I know you well enough not to think that. Anyways, I'm a werewolf, so if I happen to bump into other creatures here that gives me a bit of protection." Humphrey told her.

All he could hope was that nobody would find them who meant them harm. He knew well enough that there were dangerous creatures in this area. If a vampire found them and saw the blood, well they could be in trouble.

Turning around at the sound of footsteps, he looked at this stranger. His eyes were an unnatural green, and he had a father's voice. Something about the man seemed familiar, though he wasn't sure why. "I'd like to know who you are as well. For some reason you seem familiar, do I know you?" he asked. Before they accepted help it would be good to know who they were dealing with.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobelio Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Nobelio looked upon the two young humans. He smiled kindly. He listened as they talked. His green eyes seeing their trepidation about his presence. Deciding, that they would freak out if he were to show them his true form, he remained human. He addressed the female, Haley, first.

"My name is Nobelio. I only came to see if you needed help," the dragon said, giving a small, kind smile at the young one. He then turned to Humphrey. "Let's just say that when we last met, my display kept our little group meeting from going to the dogs, so to speak," he answered cryptically.

"Now that you know who I am," Nobelio continued, turning to Haley, and crouching down beside her, "I think we should clear out of here before the more bloodthirsty pick up the smell of your blood," he advised gently.
Nobelio
Nobelio
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:29 pm

Haley looked at Humphrey, and her eyebrows rose just an inch when he stated that he was a werewolf. But she didn't mind. Other than the fact that it was full moon tonight. She sighed. She was being stupid. It was stupid and reckless to walk out here in the middle of the night. With or without her wand.

She sighed and her gaze drifted to the man calling himself Nobelio. Nice name. Haley then noticed the exchange between Nobelio and Humphrey. So they had met before. She listened closely to his voice, though. It soothed her immensely. She almost felt warm again.

When he crouched down beside her, she didn't feel frightened. His stunning green eyes reminded her of her own father, though they hadn't been quite so shiny. She sighed. What he was saying was rational. But nothing was rational in this world. Maybe she should try to be. So she nodded and rose, but her foot hurt more than she had noticed and she lost her balance, managing to grab on to both Humphrey and Nobelio to keep her balance.

She tested her foot and realized that though it hurt, it was more than bearable. She managed to limp a bit and looked around the woods. "Okay," she said with a sigh, "I'm lost."
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down