Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Lesson: First Years

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First Lesson: First Years Empty First Lesson: First Years

Post by Angel Valentine Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:28 pm

She knew there were a few minutes left before class began, and she could not help but wring her hands in worry. It was her first teaching class, after all she had missed her Muggle Studies lesson. She now had all the tables in order that she wanted and now she simply sat on her desk and waited for her students to come in.

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

First Lesson: First Years Empty Re: First Lesson: First Years

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:38 am

Tabi was so excited about starting potion, since it was the one class out of her whole schedule that she wanted to take. She knew many things about potions seeing her father was a potion master, but she was not going to let the other classmates know how much she knows. She never wanted to be the center of attention.

She walked into the classroom very confident and took at seat in the front of the classroom. Unlike her other classes where she preferred to sit in the back, with potions you have to pay close attention and sitting in the back of the room there were too many chances for distractions.

Tabi pulled out her books, parchment, and quills and waited for the teacher to begin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Carroll Lane Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:51 am

Alice crept into the classroom and silently took a seat in the back. This was a class that she wasn't sure she was looking forward to and she was a bit nervous being surrounded by Slytherins all the time. From what she had been informed these students were supposed to be treated like mortal enemies.

She wasn't looking forward to playing with potions. She had skimmed through the book last night and found all types of creatures that she had only heard of in fairytales listed. This unnerved her a bit but it was class she was going to have to take.

The professor sat at the front of the room, patiently waiting at her desk. Alice noticed that one of the Slytherin girls was perched up front. As friendly as Alice was, she didn't want to cause any tension yet between the houses, seeing as she felt like the only Gryffindor in all of her classes. Perhaps having a bit of patience would work out this time.

Alice Carroll Lane
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:00 am

Tabi noticed the teacher was still not ready to start the class, maybe she was just waiting for more students to arrive.

Tabi decided to look around the room to see who all was in the class room and currently there was just one girl she had not seen yet.

Since Tabi was not one to be rude unless it was called for she nodded her head at the girl with a smile and then turned back to the teacher.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:15 am

Leshia was not to excited about walking into the potions classroom. Potions was the last place she wanted to be. With her father being a potion master all she knew her whole life was potions. Potions and Slytherin House. So Leshia knew that if she tried to get out of potions she would be in trouble with her father so that is why she took it.

Walking into the classroom she looked around to see who was there but she just saw a couple of students and the teacher up front. Good she thought class hasn't started yet.

Leshia tried to decided where she was going to sit, but when she saw the long blond student up front she new that was not where she wanted to be. Then she saw this girl right in front of her so since she had no one to talk to she thought she would just start with her..at least she wasn't a Slytherin.

"Hi, my name is Leisha, do you mind if I sit her by you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:41 am

She knew not much of potions, but it did catch her interest, and that is how she found herself walking into the potion's classroom. She saw a few familiar faces, some from her house, other's from the train trip prior to sorting. She did notice that Alice, the girl she met on the train ended up being a Gryffindor.

Interesting she thought.

She noticed that the professor looked slightly nervous, but she'd be too if she had to teach for the first time. From the rumors spreading this professor was a previous Slytherin herself and it was her first time teaching.

She finally chose to sit in the front, so she would find no reasons for distractions.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:48 am

She figured that this was the amount of students that were taking her class, and honestly she wasn't surprised, after all, Potions wasn't an easy course to master. She'd seen some of the brightest wizards and witches before fall before the potions she loved to brew, but she reminded herself that this was first years, so she ignored her excitement and changed her expression into one of coldness.

"This is Potions" she began "I am a potioneer, a potions master, and your guide towards the difficult journey of understanding potions"

As she said this she threw a salamander's tail in her brew and saw it explode in a bright color for effect.

"I am your professor, Professor Valentine, and I do hope that all of you can behave considering I am not nervous about taking points away from unruly students" she added waggling her finger. "But I do hope I make your experience memorable."

She walked away from her potions brew and let out a small smile.

"Now tell me children, when you think of potions, what do you think?" she asked.

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:56 am

Tabi noticed that Tess sat down in the front area of the classroom and wondered maybe she would want to be her potions partner..she would have to remember to ask.

Having heard the teacher ask a questions she was unsure if she wanted to answer or not, so she just decided might as well so she raised her hand and waited to be called up

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Carroll Lane Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:23 am

"Hi, my name is Leisha, do you mind if I sit her by you?"

Alice was startled by the greeting at first but a warm smile spread across her face as she realized the girl was asking her specifically.

"Yes! I would love it! My name is Alice, by the way." She slid her books and quill to the other side of her so that Leisha would have some more room to sit down. "What house are you in?" She whispered quietly as Professor Valentine opened class with a question.

Alice Carroll Lane
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:48 am

She studied her classroom. All girls, she smiled, potions was usually a Slytherin thing, but she saw two students from Raveclaw and Gryffindor. She wouldn't give them a hard time, and so she continued.

"Yes Miss?" she said pointing towards Tabi.

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Airen Auditoren Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:56 am

Airen hustled into the classroom. He kept his head down. He knew he was late, but it was better to be late than to not show up.

"Sorry I'm late, professor," he said shyly.
Airen Auditoren
Airen Auditoren
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:07 am

Pxyis was full out running to her next class, for that darned bucket had gotten in her way when she'd been walking, then some sneaky little Gryffindor 6th or 7th year decided to make her bag split open, and so once she'd managed to do the 'Reparo' spell, she had to put everything back and all of her stuff was everywhere.
She burst through the door and was glad to see class had only just started, for Potions was the class she was most excited to take. "I'm so sorry im late," Pxyis said to the teacher, sending her a tiny smile before taking a seat in the middle of the classroom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:16 am

She was surprised at the amount of students arriving late. Rather than wait for Tabi to reply, she simply addressed the students that entered late.

"I will accept this as a one time thing, alright?" she said stiffly.

When she was a student, she was never a stickler for rules, so she sympathized, but they'd never know, she'd simply play this character to a T, so they'd respect her.

"See, I hope this never happens, for you'll never learn the power of potions and it's importance with tardiness."

She then swished her wand and the doors were now locked, preventing students from entering, nor leaving unless they had her permission. Her eyes glowed as her tone deepened, and she found herself subconsciously quoting her first professor.

"I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses....I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death."

Her eyes glittered with mirth and added in a lighter tone as if it never happened.

"That is, should you all have your textbook,One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi"

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Carroll Lane Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Alice let out an audible moan at the mention of a textbook. It was the first day of classes, after all. Shouldn't there be any introductions and getting to know one another times?

But then again this wasn't a normal school and a normal classroom. She was sure that none of her mates in Year 7 would be learning about Herbs and Fungi. Not that any of them really would want to.

Her heart lightened, however, when she saw another Gryffindor. She waved at him furiously to come and join her and Leisha over at their table. She hoped that her fellow Lion brother was good at school- perhaps together the two of them could pass this silly class.

As she waited for the boy to come over she pulled forth her textbook from her leather satchel.

Alice Carroll Lane
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Tess could not help but let out a small smile as she found herself enthralled by the comment that her professor had made.

"I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses....I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death."

It was so artistic and something that she found herself finding that despite the boring title of the book, she'd gladly take more of this class.

Though, once she heard the moan she chuckled softly.

I suppose this can't be anyone's favorite.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:04 pm

It had seemed like forever for the teacher to call upon Tabi she got distracted by the boy so she never got to answer the teacher. Thats ok she didn't want to really answer anyway. But as she looked back at the boy who enter she just knida groaned under her breathe when she saw her sister in the back row. She was really glad that they didn't look all too much alike so unless someone had paid attention at the sorting and heard her full name they would not right away know they are related.

The teacher requested that they turn to magical herbs and fungi once again Tabi groaned at the thought of going through all of the basics again seeing is she knew all of the basic stuff already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Leshia was casught off guard when the new boy and entered the classroom and was caught in the glare of the stare from her sister when the girl spoke to her.

"Thanks Alice, nice to meet you. I am in Ravenclaw" Leshia whispered to her as the teacher started to speak.

Leshia wondered who the boy was that seemed to join their table, but thought it best to ask after class.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Carroll Lane Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:25 pm

"Ravenclaw!" Alice said with a smile. "That means you're really smart, doesn't it? And I'm glad to see that there isn't another Slytherin. The boy joining us is from my house, Gryffindor. You don't mind if he sits at our table do you?" Alice asked.

She had opened her textbook and was waiting for further instructions from Professor Valentine. It was becoming very hard for her to sit still and she wanted to investigate what was in the furthest cupboards. She did hope that in a potions class she would be able to blow something up.

Alice Carroll Lane
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Leshia leaned over to whisper to Alice hoping the teacher wouldn't catch them.

"I am also glad that I am not in Slytherin, that would mean I would have to be a better than everyone stuck up blond bimbo." Leshia laughed a little

"I happen to like me just the way I am, smart but not too smart. I choose not to be a know-it-all"

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Carroll Lane Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Alice couldn't help but giggle at Leisha's comment. She covered her mouth to keep it from exploding into the room.

"Most of the Slytherins are pretty stuck up, aren't they? I've only really met one of them, though all my classes seemed to be full of nothing but green ties." Alice groaned in her whisper. "None of them have really approached me or said hello. Though, I heard they aren't too fond of us Gryffindors."

Alice Carroll Lane
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:59 pm

She observed her students and continued to talk.

"Students today I will simply be introducing to you all the things we use when creating a potion."

She took out the objects and began to explain them.

"Silver or pewter Cauldron, where the potions will be brewed, glass or crystal phials to hold the liquids,
a silver knife for cutting ingredients, mortar and pestle to grind ingredients, scales to weigh the amount of ingredients, and a wand." she said.

Hearing a giggle, her train of thought immediately went towards the girls in the back.

"I see that you see me not as a professor but as a stand up comedienne?" she said scowling. "I do ask for respect young ladies, care to share with me what's so funny?"

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:05 pm

"Well I myself only know one of them and thats one too many for me. I have spent my whole life in a house full of them, so I am glad I am where I am at." Leshia spat out a little too excitely causing others in the room too glance back. Earning them a what are you staring at glare.

"Oops said that a little too loud." Leisha could help but laugh at herself.

"So which one of those lovely green ties do you know" making the lovely sound a little sarcasticly.

At the comment Leshia noticed that they had been caught by the teacher, and she slinked down a little.

"Sorry Ma'am" Leshia replied softly

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Carroll Lane Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:19 pm

"I do ask for respect young ladies, care to share with me what's so funny?"

Alice looked up at the teacher with an apologetic look but couldn't help herself, she was one who spoke before she thought. "Not particularly."

She felt bad immediately after she said it. She meant not disrespect but she felt compelled to answer the teacher's question. She looked down at her hands and mouthed a "sorry" to Leisha for getting the two of them caught.

Tess Alice scribbled on a scrap piece of parchment with her quill and slide it toward the Ravenclaw.

Alice Carroll Lane
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:29 pm

She was surprised at the mouth of this girl and a frown was set on her face.

So much for an exciting first day of classes she thought frowning.

"Ten points from Gryffindor" she said frowning. "Next time I'll make it twenty"

She turned back on the bored and murmured a silent phrase that began to write on her board.

"Can either of you name me a potion?" she asked. "If you read your textbook you should know it"

Last edited by Angel Valentine on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Tess turned back to see who was causing all the ruckus and frowned seeing that Alice was the one to cause trouble. She knew the girl liked adventure, but trouble? She bit her bottom lip and winced hearing that points were being taken off.

She was shy to answer, so she kept her head down not wanting to answer or get noticed.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next