Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Lesson: First Years

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First Lesson: First Years - Page 2 Empty Re: First Lesson: First Years

Post by Alice Carroll Lane Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:41 pm

Alice felt her cheeks turn red as she was scolded for her behavior. She would need to talk to Professor Valentine after and apologize. It wasn't right of her to say that. She saw Tess turn to look back at her too and she hung her head in shame.

She couldn't name any potions, either. She was eager to learn and she did hear about potions in the Muggle World so perhaps she could make up for her behavior?

Alice nervously raised her hand.

Alice Carroll Lane
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:47 pm

She raised her brow, Gryffindors were indeed brave, if not ignorant. She felt that she could take some pity to the girl, especially when she looked dejected. She took a deep breath and sighed.

"Yes Miss Lane?" she said. "Do tell me a potion"

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Carroll Lane Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Alice was relieved that Professor Valentine had called upon her.

"A Love Potion?" It was a shot in the dark but it was the best guess she had and the best way to get back into the teacher's graces.

Alice Carroll Lane
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Her lips twitched at what could be a smirk.

"Well, while it's obvious you did not do your reading, judging from the questioning tone, I will give you that. Five points to Gryffindor"

She felt that the girl would not need to be too nervous in class, and so on she closed her book.

"In this class you will learn potions that will affect the way you view things, every salve came from potions in one time or another, Wolfsbane, Aphrodisiacs are actual potions at one time, even reviving the dead can come from potions" she said waving her wand around.

Her eyes glittered in excitement and soon dimmed.

"Class dismissed" she said looking at the clock smiling.

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Carroll Lane Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Alice sighed with relief as she gained half the points back that she lost. At least her answer wasn't as stupid as she was afraid it would sound. She probably should have done the reading.

With a sigh, Alice shoved her book into her satchel and turned to Leisha. "I'll catch up with you in a few minutes, I need to do something first though." She offered an apologetic smile.

Hooking her bag over her shoulder she walked to the front of the classroom as the rest of the class began to prepare for the finish.

"Professor Valentine," Alice greeted the teacher as she came to the front of the class.

Alice Carroll Lane
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Leisha felt really bad that Ms. Valentine only took points from Alice becasue she was disruptive too.

"Alice, I am really sorry about the points. I was just as guilty as you were and I should have had points taken too." Leisha told her as she gathered her books to head to her next class.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Tess looked on, glad that Alice gained half of her points, but she still felt unsure whether to wait for her or go on with her day. She figured she'd simply pick up her things slowly, not thinking anyone would care. She lowered her head and began to pack.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:03 pm

She was packing her things, that is until she saw her student walking towards her. She did wandless magic and placed all her books in order as if she was never there.

"May I help you Miss Lane?" she said stiffly.

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Tabi couldn't help but mumble to herself" God I cannot believe she would do that in class..and then she got that other girl in trouble. At least Ms. Valentine could have taken points from Leshia too, go figure she always gets away with everything." Not thinking as she slammed her books into her bag.

She couldn't help but head to the door and she just couldn't resist bumping into Leshia on her way out

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Carroll Lane Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:39 pm

"Alice, I am really sorry about the points. I was just as guilty as you were and I should have had points taken too."
Alice thanked her but insisted that she shouldn't have responded with the sentence that she did.

"May I help you Miss Lane?" she said stiffly.
Alice swallowed back her pride and looked directly into Professor Valentine's eyes.

"I just wanted to apologize for being cheeky. My parents have raised me better than that and I truly did not mean to be disrespectful." Alice offered forth her apology.

She hoped that Professor Valentine would accept it. And she also hoped that Tess hadn't left yet. She wanted greatly to catch up with Tess and ask her how classes were going and how the Slytherin common room was.

Alice Carroll Lane
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:48 pm

She was surprised that this girl was brave enough to talk to her, but then again:

A Gryffindor can be too brave for their own good she thought.

"I see, well Miss Lane, I should hope so. I know Gryffindors are known for their bravery, but not for their stupidity, good impression you have made on me Miss Lane." she said frowning.

She didn't want to torture the child, after all she was but eleven, so she sighed and found herself calming her fiery temper down.

"Nonetheless, watch that mouth of yours...for this is the first and last time I will accept your apology, do you understand Miss Lane? This still does not change the fact that you lost points for your house, nor the fact that next time you blurt out anything you and Miss Prewett will get detention. She is lucky I did not take points from her either"

She then turned to look at the desk to see it organized.

"You may leave now" she said.

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Carroll Lane Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:25 pm

"Thank you, Professor Valentine." Alice breathed a sigh of relief. "And I promise it will never happen again!"

She turned quickly before the Potions teacher could change her mind and made a b line for Tess. She wanted to say hello to her friend.

"Tess! How are you!" She called after her friend.

Alice Carroll Lane
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Grabbing her satchel, she threw it over her shoulder and smiled.

"I'm good...how did that go?" she asked curiously. "Want to go somewhere to talk?" she whispered the last part scared she would be heard.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Carroll Lane Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:36 pm

"It went well, I think. I just let my mouth get the best of me again. I should probably listen to my mother's scolding about that." She laughed. "And sure, I don't have another class for a bit. Did you have somewhere in mind?"

Alice Carroll Lane
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:45 pm

She couldn't help but smirk at the comment about her mouth, but nonetheless shook her head.

"Naw I'm done with classes for the day, want to go to Black Lake? We might catch sight of that squid" she said. "Or a mermaid" she teased.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Carroll Lane Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:01 pm

"If we catch a mermaid that would be fantastic," Alice couldn't help but grin. "Yes, let us go! Lead the way!"

Alice Carroll Lane
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:07 pm

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:59 am

Closed.
Lesson Point: Introduction