Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A drink or three (open)

2 posters

Go down

A drink or three (open) Empty A drink or three (open)

Post by Oswin Sweeney Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:58 am

Oswin walked into the three broomsticks with a small frown upon her face. It had been a while since she had heard from her brothers and her fathers, and she was starting to worry. What with all the death eater sightings, no one could be too careful. She knew that they were all smart enough to get out of any situation, the days that pass without correspondence made Oswin sick with worry until she heard from them again.

Walking to the bar, she sat down and quickly ordered a firewhisky. The waiter gave her water while she pondered the menu, and Oswin looked around the small pub wearily, taking off her scarf and setting it in front of her. When her firewhisky came, she ordered a turkey sandwich and chips, not bothering to look up at the waiter as she handed him her menu. Oswin sighed, sipping her drink but not fully enjoying it.
Oswin Sweeney
Oswin Sweeney
Auror

Back to top Go down

A drink or three (open) Empty Re: A drink or three (open)

Post by Albus Fenwick Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:58 am

Albus walked into The Three Broomsticks in need of a drink and a meal. He was doing some hiking in Scotland and decided to visit Hogsmeade. It was good to see both the village and Hogwarts in the distance. Hogsmeade was the same as ever, the same old shops still going strong. When he took a seat at the bar he realized how much of a workout he'd had with the hiking. Sitting down felt wonderful.

Grabbing a menu, he perused it, deciding on fish and chips, a biscuit, and an amber beer to start. Later he would probably have something stronger, but he wanted to get something in his stomach first. Not smart drinking on an empty one. The meal was going to be delicious, and he couldn't wait.

To his surprise he heard a loud sigh from the person next to him. Until now he hadn't noticed her, he'd been lost in his thoughts. She was amazingly beautiful, which she probably knew. In his opinion she looked pretty enough to be a model, but the frown on her face kind of ruined the effect. "Something wrong?" he asked, looking at her. "I'm Albus by the way.'
Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswin Sweeney Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:20 am

OOC: who's your play by?

Oswin glanced up soberly at the person who was speaking to her, which was a shock considering how much she had dranken. She had a strong stomach though, which was good, because she was starved. "Family troubles I suppose, what else is there to worry about now a days?" Oswin took another drink, not knowing what she should say. She pushed the hair out of her eyes, wondering how long he had been sitting next to her and why she hadn't noticed him before.

"Oswin." Oswin replied, her tone a bit warmer. She grinned slightly, taking another sip of her drink. The burning sensation was the best part for her, her throat burning then tingling. Most people hated the taste, but not Oswin. "Oswin Sweeney." Most people recognized her last name because of her brothers, and she wondered for a second if this person knew any of them. It was possible, as she had so many.
Oswin Sweeney
Oswin Sweeney
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Fenwick Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:44 am

OOC: What? I'm confused by what you're asking.

To his surprise she didn't look drunk, even though she was drinking Firewhisky. Her eyes were just as beautiful as everything else, and he barely managed to stare at her. This girl was something else, but he knew looks weren't everything. Hopefully he could get to know her a bit tonight. "Oh, I see. If you want to talk about it, go ahead. Well there's this Virus going around. Not to mention the creatures that are considering trying to kill all humans." he said seriously. Taking a long drink from his beer, he began to eat his fish and chips which had just arrived.

"Oswin, that's a beautiful name." he said, grinning back. Oswin really had a strong stomach, she was holding her alcohol very well indeed. "Albus Fenwick. What do you do for a living?" he asked. Sweeney, he didn't recognize the name. When the waitress came around he ordered a firewhisky.
Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswin Sweeney Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:09 am

OOC: Your celeb claim! I don't see an image.

Oswin managed a weak chuckle. "I was being sarcastic, of course I meant all of that." Oswin's eyes swam with tears of laughter, and she blinked them back. "I just haven't heard from my brothers or fathers in a few days, I'm worrying about them is all." Oswin shook her head, feeling stupid for admitting it. Her food arrived, and she quickly took a fry and shoved it in her face, drinking the last of her firewhisky and motioning for a new one.

"Thank you Albus." Oswin grinned, taken aback at his forwardness. "You're very kind." She shrugged her shoulders, taking her long dark hair and putting it over one shoulder. It was getting in the way and it was obnoxious. When her drink came, Oswin took another sip before he answered his question. "I'm an auror for the ministry." Oswin explained carefully, taking a bite of her sandwich. "What about you? What do you do?"
Oswin Sweeney
Oswin Sweeney
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Fenwick Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:38 pm

OOC: Oh, it's Alex Pettyfer

Albus laughed when he realized she'd been joking with him. He hadn't picked up on the sarcasm at all. "Sorry, guess I missed it. I've had a long day, my bad." he told her. This was already taking his mind off of his problems, how much he missed his past girlfriend, who had died a while back. "Oh, understandable, it is a dangerous time. How many brothers do you have?" he asked. He had already devoured his fish and chips, and placed an order for a salad.

When she thanked him, he grinned widely. "You are very welcome, it's a unique name. Never met anybody called Oswin before." Her hair was long, wavy, and gorgeous. He wondered if it was as soft as it looked. "Really? Impressive, most Aurors are a bit older. Takes a while to get through training and what not." he commented. "Well, I happen to work in the Department of Mysteries. Surprising I haven't seen you around before."
Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswin Sweeney Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:31 pm

"No worries at all, it's been equally as long for me." Oswin couldn't help but laugh along with him, as he looked a bit embarrassed. She drank more and ate her fries, clearing her throat before answering. "I have six brothers, one being my twin." Oswin was never really ashamed to admit how many brothers she had. Though she would've liked a sister, her dads and brothers were always there for her and she loved them dearly.

"I would be shocked if you have, and if you said you have I would've called you a liar." Oswin teased, a wide smile forming on her face. Half of her drink had gone and she didn't even feel the least bit tipsy. "I guess I surprised them, and you're right. I'm only twenty for crying out loud, fresh out of school and all." Oswin shrugged it off, but she was glowing in pride. She just wasn't one to boast. Oswin frowned slightly, wondering if she had ever seen him before. "That is quite strange. I would've remembered you if I saw you." He was pretty, after all.
Oswin Sweeney
Oswin Sweeney
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Fenwick Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:10 pm

"I would have guessed the way you are going through the firewhiskies. If I was drinking that much I'd be drunk before long." Albus admitted. He wasn't ashamed of being a bit of a lightweight. Now his salad was finished as well, and he ordered a firewhisky and an oak-matured mead. His amber beer was already long gone. "Wow, that's a lot of brothers. How did you survive without girls in the house? You must be tough as nails." he said, laughing. It must have been quite an experience.

"Well then, good thing I try not to lie. Nice to meet somebody who isn't afraid to call a person out if they are, though, a pleasure." Albus said, winking at her. She was teasing, and he was already having fun. His oak-matured mead arrived and he took a sip, then handed her the firewhisky he'd ordered. "That one's on me." he explained. "Hmm, interesting, have any interesting cases yet?" he asked her. It was clear she was proud of herself, as she should be. "I would have remembered you too. You are already making quite an impression on me. Glad I came by after my long day of hiking."

Last edited by Albus Fenwick on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswin Sweeney Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:29 pm

"I'm shocked I'm not yet. Sadly, I have too strong of a stomach with a taste for strong drinks." Oswin quickly finished off her second one, wondering how long it would take to get her drunk. If she were with her friends, they would scold her and make her drink a martini. Luckily, it wasn't the case. Oswin laughed and shook her head. "With extreme difficulty. But I now have backbone and know how to fight." One of the many positives of being the youngest as well as a girl.

"It can be considered that." Oswin felt her face heat at sight of his wink, much to her shock and dismay. "Thank you, I appreciate it." Oswin took a small drink, eating the remaining fries and sandwich. "I don't think they fully trust me yet. I've only been on small cases." As she was so young, it made sense. But she was ready for the bigger ones, knowing she could handle it. "I tend to do just that." Oswin replied with a flirtu grin on her face. "Where'd you go hiking?"
Oswin Sweeney
Oswin Sweeney
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Fenwick Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:59 pm

"Haha, I tend to be a bit of a lightweight. Seems we have opposite problems. Maybe we'll balance each other out." Albus said with a grin. If only things worked like that, it would be great. He wouldn't tell her not to keep drinking, she wanted to and he would let her. If she started to get hammered he would say something, but not until then. "That's a good thing, you'll need to in your job." he replied. "So are you the youngest, middle, oldest? I never had siblings. Was it fun growing up with so many people?"

"When people don't call others out it bugs me. A little pet peeve of mine. I mean, they should know it's messed up in my opinion." he explained. He couldn't believe it, but she was blushing just a tiny bit. It looked very cute, and he blushed a bit as well. "No problem." he said, taking another sip of his mead. "In your job they probably want to ease you into it, makes sense. Don't want to put too much pressure on you, it's a hard job I would imagine." Aurors were people that he admired, they did a service for everybody else. "I believe that, you are beautiful. Plus really funny, and nice." Albus remarked. He couldn't believe he was flirting with her, she was way out of his league. "Oh, just around the area on some trails I looked up. Hickory Paths was one of them, then just some random places that looked interesting. Nowhere special, but the views were great."
Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswin Sweeney Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:49 am

"Are you flirting with me, Albus?" Oswin asked coyly, a brow raised. Yes, he was quite straight forward, something she rather admired about him already. Most people were too shy even to say hello to her. She laughed lightly, nodding in agreement. "You're right. They ended up helping me more than they know, even with the bruises and constant torments." Oswin wasn't speaking ill of them at all, it was just facts. "My twin and I are the youngest. Though, he's older than me. So I'm the baby." Oswin shrugged, taking another drink. "It was fun, but extremely difficult."

"Exactly how I feel. You can't let people walk all over you. You have to take initiative and tell them off." Oswin felt very strongly about that, as she was sick of seeing her friends boyfriends using them and them taking it. Oswin wouldn't ever allow it, from anyone. Not even her fathers. Especially not her brothers. "I just want to do it, to prove that age doesn't matter." Oswin sighed, leaning back in her seat. The other factor is her colleagues were all men, and she was the only woman in that branch. She laughed aloud, admiring more and more his brass. "Thank you Albus, I do appreciate it." Oswin looked down to her feet, feeling the ever present blush from his compliment.

"That sounds lovely. Maybe you could take me one day?" Oswin offered, quite intrigued by the sound of it.
Oswin Sweeney
Oswin Sweeney
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Fenwick Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:28 am

"I think you already know the answer to that question." Albus told her, then looked at the bar and blushed furiously. It had been a long time since he'd even considered flirting with somebody, let alone somebody as out of his league as Oswin. "The real question, my dear Oswin, is if you are flirting back. Are you?" he asked, a slightly hopeful tone in his voice. If he had to guess he thought she was, but he wasn't sure. "Ah I see, I'm sure you were able to hold your own with them." he commented. She looked tough, it was the eyes, that was what made him think that. "Cool, I bet that was interesting. I would imagine it was both fun and difficult, they sound like a rough bunch."

"Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Whenever I see a girl with a guy who's doing that it makes me so mad, I just want to go over there and tell them off." he said, sighing. Why did women stick with guys who were like that? "Well in my opinion it doesn't, it's the skills that count. As well as the judgement." he told her. For some reason she didn't mind the compliments, in fact it appeared Oswin liked them. "You're welcome, it's nice seeing you smile." he said, grinning at her. The blush was absolutely adorable.

Albus gulped, a bit nervous at her request. "Yea, if you want to go. It is quite lovely in fact. I don't know though, it would just be me, you, and nature. Sure you want to spend a full day alone with a weird guy like me? I'm game if you are up for it." he offered.
Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswin Sweeney Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:56 am

"You amuse me." Oswin replied plainly, and stifled a giggle when she saw his blush, and the fact that he was trying so hard to hide it. "Albus!" Oswin smacked his hand lightly, mocking a tone of shock. "You never ask a woman that!" She crossed her arms over her chest, looking at him haughtily. "They were, but they did it out of love." Oswin wouldn't want to change her family for anything. They were all that she had.

"Seriously." Oswin rolled her eyes, thinking of her friends again and mentally face palming. "I am more advanced in my skills than the other more experienced, as well as older, aurors. I just want to show them what they're missing." Oswin shrugged, taking a drink, absentmindedly looking around the bar. "You need to stop." Oswin laughed, indicating she meant otherwise. "You're too kind to me."

"If you're willing to hangout with a weird girl like myself, I'm ready to hangout with a weird boy like you." Oswin meant that only in the best terms, and the smile widening on her face showed her excitement.
Oswin Sweeney
Oswin Sweeney
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Fenwick Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:07 am

"Huh, I'll take it." Albus said, laughing a bit at the comment. Then he heard Oswin giggle, a lovely sound that, and he smiled widely. He was still blushing terribly he knew. When she slapped his hand he pulled it back, out of the line of fire. "Sorry, I-I've been out of the dating game for a while. I may not be up to date on stuff. Not that we're...sorry. Maybe I can figure it out for myself." he spoke to himself. Looking up, he winked at her, trying not to be too awkward. His blush had deepened in the last minute or so. "Well that's good, sounds like a great family Oswin."

"You do certainly seem intelligent and driven, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Try to be patient, I'm sure you'll move your way to the top soon enough." he replied, patting her on the back. The laugh said she liked what he was doing but the words contradicted it, he just smiled and nodded. "Perhaps I am too kind. Just can't seem to help myself saying nice things about you for some reason." he admitted.

That response boosted his confidence and Albus grinned at her. "Of course I want to hang out with a weird girl like you. Haven't you heard? Weird people are the best. One of my favorite quotes is by Dr. Seuss, it is a love quote. "We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” He's a muggle children's author, brilliant man. When are you free?"
Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down