Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relapse (Dorian & Aria)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Relapse (Dorian & Aria) Empty Relapse (Dorian & Aria)

Post by Aria Song Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Aria knew that she might regret this, hell she already was. With the music playing, the people chatting, grinding, being practically fornicating around one another. She hated the body heat, it disgusted her more than anything, and people's lack of respect for her personal space. Did no one have any idea of what that is?

She sighed and looked down at her rum and coke. She had ordered it a few minutes ago, and she had still not taken a sip. Her hand was shaking as she stared intently at the glass cup she was holding. If she drank this, there'd be a chance she'd relapse. She closed her eyes remembering those sweet moments of pure bliss, her mind finally quiet, enjoying her teen years, being surrounded by people that weren't her friends but were the closest thing she'd have to one.

Pathetic she thought to herself with annoyance.

But the taste, the sweet bliss of relaxing and having an excuse for being so awkward, or cold, or heartless. Freak she remembered vividly to her younger years. Sighing she felt as if maybe this was a bad idea, her father would bring the whole league of Aurors to take her out of here if he ever found out. It was so tempting to annoy him this much. A small smirk appeared on her face, no longer thinking of the dangers, but rather the titillating repercussions to her drinking again. So much that she was oblivious to her surroundings once more.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Relapse (Dorian & Aria) Empty Re: Relapse (Dorian & Aria)

Post by Dorian Todd Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Dorian cracked his neck to the side, feeling the pressure release. He'd had a long day of boring paperwork to contend with, and wanted nothing more than to lose himself for a few hours here. It was one of his usual dives, he could see a few familiar faces. While he wasn't known for long term relationships, they always ended amicably. He believed in being honest and forward in all things, even romance.

His gaze drifted across the room, landing on a new face at a quiet end of the bar. He could see warring emotions crossing her face as she gripped her still-full glass. Something in her body language looked too strung, like it was ready to snap at any moment. He knew that look.

Tipping back the last of his drink, he nodded to the bartender for it to be added to his tab. Moving easily through the crowd, it wasn't hard to reach the woman. The closer he got, the more beautiful she was. She was thin, almost too much so, but she held herself with such command that it seemed to pour out from her. While she looked good enough to shag, Dorian could tell there was more there to know.

As she moved to lift the glass to her lips, he smoothly reached his hand around her, placing his hand over hers to still it. He leaned in close, since he most likely wouldn't be heard otherwise, and said, "Trust me, beautiful. You don't want to do that."
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Aria started intently at the drink, but in her mind, the content of alcohol wasn't as bad as she could have chosen. After all any shot of anything would be much more potent than this, she knew she'd be a light-weight (she hadn't eaten in two days, and Rhian had reminded her this morning to do so when she returned home), but it didn't phase her. As she lifted her drink, licking her lips, excited for the taste something unexpected occurred.

It was as if she was struck, her whole body tensed and a cold deadly look took over her face. She hated contact, and bad luck for him that not only was he the one of many that was already taking invading her space, but he had touched her. She slipped her cold hand from him and sat straight as a rod.

His breath smelled of whatever he had drank, and it was firewhiskey, her old friend. Still, her nose wrinkled at the familiarity of it. She shook him off and her lips were in a thin straight line.

"I'm very much capable of taking care of myself, I don't need some imbecile, invading my personal space, only to try and control me. Aren't there any other women you can pester? From the looks of it, you're a regular."
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Dorian's eyebrows shot up at her physical reaction. She obviously didn't like being touched, one bit. Interesting, since she was in a crowded room. He moved away slightly, only enough to break physical contact.

He smirked at her perfectly formed, biting words. She had fire, he'd give her that. He wasn't going to pretend like her assessment was incorrect, cause it wasn't. While he could simply walk away, and leave her to her life, something in him urged him to stay.

Going for honesty, he sighed. "Bugger other women, miss. I just don't want to see you do this. I'll leave if I must, but I'd sleep much better tonight knowing you went home safe."

He really didn't understand why he was saying these things. On any given night, women and drinking went well together. But something about the entrancing woman before him pulled at something inside of him.
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Aria lifted her brow and looked at him. Who dare did he think he was to tell her what to do? She began to observe his clothing and rolled her eyes: Auror. Of course he would be, how annoying and she decided that she'd just get him to go away.

"Bottoms up"

Lifting the glass once more, she signaled as if she was having a toast and drank all of it down.Her whole body hummed in pleasure, but the after taste was something she had forgotten about. She had a poker face, her demeanor one of pure defiance, as she inwardly winced at the strong mix. She was not about to be told what to do when she was a perfectly functioning person.

"I'm no damsel in distress, and I don't really care for your nosiness. Do leave me alone, you're pestering me."

Turning around she signaled for another. She told herself that this was just an act of defiance, and nothing to do with her addictive qualities. She had control over herself, she was not sixteen anymore, and she was not going to back down to some pushy man.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:11 pm

Dorian felt his hand twitch on the bar where he braced himself away from her body. He wanted to rip the drink out of her hand, but couldn't bring himself to touch her again, though he desperately wanted to. Her hand had been unbelievably soft under his...

He cringed as she downed her drink. Looking away, he caught his own eyes in the mirror behind the bar. Eyes that were shared with his mother. The thought made his gut clench. Pulling himself back into the moment, he could give to shits if she wanted him around or not.

Taking the empty seat next to her, he signaled for two Firewhiskeys. He looked back at her. "I'm not leaving you to drink alone, miss. So deal with it." His charm was forgotten in his need to protect. Most of the women in this room were here for a good time and a shag. This woman was different.
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Aria glared as she saw him sitting beside him, perhaps leaving was the best choice. Looking behind her she wrinkled her nose knowing she'd have to walk through all the people before her. She didn't like these situations, at all, and even with the drink working itself through her system, her awkwardness was rising up. That's why she chose anger, anger was easier, anger was comfortable, something she enjoyed greatly. She had to push people away, she wasn't skittish, but she was anxious sometimes.

She snorted at his comment. "Miss" she muttered and shook her head. How disgusting, someone pestering her about safety. If she didn't hear her father when he told her to stop her addictions, how was some horny stranger going to fair any better?

As his drinks came, and hers, she took a shorter sip, ignoring the wince of how much stronger it felt than she remembered.

"How are you expecting to protect me if you can't even walk straight. You smell of firewhiskey and you're having two more shots? Prince Charming indeed" she snorted.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:16 pm

The woman's anger made the hair on the back of Dorian's neck stand on end. Sure, they didn't know each other. And, yes, he had been rather nosey. But couldn't she see he wasn't trying to mess with her? He...Merlin! He shot the first drink down, closing his eyes to feel the burn flow down to his stomach.

"I never boasted to be a Prince Charming, Princess." If she was going to bite with anger, why couldn't he?

"And I don't have to be stone cold sober to see that you were an addict." He knew it was rude, and would probably get him hexed, but obviously niceties wouldn't work with this witch. "Hold it against me for wanting to avoid another beautiful woman succumbing to that dark path." Shadows flitted across his eyes at the memories as he reached for the second shot.
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Aria glared, and if looks could kill, he'd be on the floor right now. How dare her pry into her life, how dare he even think that he could judge her. She always got defensive when people would realize that she had an addictive personality. If she was really honest with herself, it was because she was ashamed of it, and some prick didn't need to bring it up.

"Don't call me Princess" she hissed.

She didn't need heroism, she just needed the world to get away and her mind to stop buzzing from all these noises. She needed a cigarette.

"Three patch problem" she muttered to herself.

Damn it, he was right, she hated when others were right. She already loathed him, and she had no idea who he even was. Auror though, obvious by his stupid words.

"Oh yes, let darkness succumb to me" she rolled her eyes. "Your heroism is so disgusting, can't you just leave? I'm done drinking."

She pushed her drink away just wanting for him to stop throwing truths at her face. She didn't want to be told she was doing wrong, she didn't want to be complimented in an almost condescending manner. She just wanted to be left alone. She should have just bought a bottle of firewhiskey and stayed in her room.

If she was any normal person she would have already been near tears, but she wasn't normal. Freak she remembered. She took the water and closed her eyes wanting to just go into her mind palace away from this parasite and away from all the imbeciles.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Dorian sighed, closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose at the pain. It was more mental than physical. She was right. He had no right to pry into her business. If she wanted to drink herself into oblivion, that was her own perogotive.

A part of him relaxed at the fact that she wasn't drinking anymore. But he couldn't help feel like he'd ruined her night. "I'm sorry, miss," he looked down at his empty glass. "I...it wasn't my place."

Looking over at her, his brow knit with concern. Maybe she needed that drink more than she didn't need it. He reached to lightly touched her hand in appology. Remembering her earlier reaction, he decided against it and cleared his throat.

"Can we start over? And I'll try my best to avoid any disgusting heroism." He let out a small smirk that didn't really reach his eyes.
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Aria rolled her eyes at his apology. She didn't need to hear it, that's what she told herself, but she did feel a bit miffed at being reminded of those darker moments of her life. Oh she had dealt with dark times, some nights aren't even remembered because she'd blacked out.

"No it wasn't your place" she muttered.

The bartender had given her a glass of cola and she took a long sip. She didn't really want to deal with the idea of having someone to talk to. Why was he so insistent on talking to her, it never made sense why someone would be interested in talking.

"I feel like I don't really have a choice now do I?" she replied before sipping her drink.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Dorian let a real smile play at his lips, happy to see her drinking something other than alcohol. He didn't know why, but something about this woman made him feel...protective. Though he felt a small pain at her reluctance to even be speaking to him. He understood he messed up, but Merlin!

Trying to lighten the mood, he raised one eyebrow. "I guess you really don't." He tried to make it sound as non-demanding as possible.

"At least I'm not asking you to dance." He swung his stool around to lean back on the bar, watching the writhing couples on the dance floor. He could just imagine the horror on her face if he tried to force that on her, though a part of him wanted to see the look in real life.

"I'm Dorian, by the way."
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Aria rolled her eyes and looked away as she sipped from her drink. In some odd way she felt as if she had admitted defeat. That grin was really bothering her; his grin just showing how proud he was of himself, positively disgusting. And it was making her stomach turn, in the most uncomfortable way.

By conventional terms he was handsome, he had nice facial symmetry, and not too disgusting. Still, if he wasn't such a bother, she'd say he was handsome (she'd never admit it, the opposite sex wasn't really something that she was sure of.)

Her head snapped his direction, her face with an expression of full indignation at the thought of it even occurring. If she had any less control she'd be blushing at the whole idea of it. She never really had a grasp on jokes, they annoyed her more than made her laugh. She rarely laughed even.

"Aria" she replied "I wish I could say it is a pleasure meeting you, but I don't lie"
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:00 pm

Dorian couldn't hold back the short laugh at the look on Aria's face. It was adorably honest. He liked it, which was a rare shock to him. He had a type, when it came to women. Beautiful, but dumb. That way they could have a good time without all the drama. But...

Aria. It really was a beautiful name. He looked her in the eyes, wanting to be honest as well, something somewhat new to him. "Well, I mustn't be completely unbearable. I'm not wearing that drink afterall." He indicated her liquor glass.

Hoping to see that look on her face again, he risked the question. "What if...hypothetically...I asked you to dance?" He expected to get shot down, but was more interested in her response than anything.
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Aria looked at him sharply not really wanting for him to bring up the idea that she lost to him. She had, no one really had beaten her childish antics, but he was pushy. So much so that he had made her back down.

"Yes I admit, you aren't too unbearable. I would have thrown it on you, but it seemed like such a waste, considering it's on my tab" she replied.

She had to avoid his eye contact, it made her uncomfortable. While he wasn't too close, the expression on his face, made her wonder what was behind it. She could not read an individual when it came to their emotions, that she was oblivious to.

But her submission soon turned to sheer embarrassment as he even brought up the idea. Sipping her drink, she ignored her cheeks reddening at the idea.

"I'd say no, I'm not fond of public indecency" she answered in a softer tone.

She ignored the fact that she couldn't dance very well, and ignoring the fact that it was too embarrassing.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Dorian attempted to hide his smile at her words. While they were honest, in a way, he chose to relish the fact that she had agreed that he wasn't unbearable. He felt like he'd just taken another shot of Firewhiskey.

He continued to watch the crowd, noting that the DJ had switched to a more mellow mood. Daring to dream, he audibly sighed. "I understand if you can't dance. Not everyone is cut out for it."

Letting his gaze slide back to her, he lowered his voice a little. "But it doesn't have to be indecent, if you know how to do it." He didn't smirk, or try to insinuate anything. It was his honest opinion.
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Aria's eyes widened at bit at his words. How dare he think that she wasn't a good dancer?! He knew nothing about her, yet here he was, judging her on something that he had no idea about. She wrinkled her nose in annoyance.

"I can dance" she replied childishly. "I'm great at it"

Despite her brightness it seemed that when it came to reverse psychology, no one was really immune to it. But as his tone lowered, her cheeks flushed all the more. She figured it was indignation, but in reality it was for something she wouldn't dare consider: embarrassment.

Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Dorian's eyes brightened at her indignation. The blush raising in her cheeks only added to her beauty, working to soften the icy barier around her.

Not wanting to back down on what he'd started, he stood and held his hand out for hers, silently willing her to trust him. He wanted to make up for his misstep earlier.

Walking her slowly away from the bar, he led them to a small area off to the side where there were fewer people. He thanked Merlin that the DJ was taking a breather from the usually hypnotic techno that people loved to dance to. He stopped, but led her around in front of him with his hand.

Slowly, as not to spook her, he moved the hand he was holding to his shoulder, took her other one in his, and set his free hand behind to cup her shoulderblade. Taking a few seconds to feel the pulse of the music, he soon started to lead them in a small four step pattern. After a few bars, he stepped slightly closer, keeping some space between them still, to speak softly over the music.

"Not terribly indecent, I hope." She didn't seem accustomed to this kind of dancing. Lucky for her, he was. Using small presses with his hands, he was able to lead her easily.
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Aria was forcing herself not to down the last bit of her alcoholic drink especially as he was daring her. That bastard was daring her and she was not about to back down.

She gripped his hand, surprised at how warm his hand was, and let him lead her towards an emptier area. She was frightened of large crowds, made her uncomfortable yet here she was, out in a place she promised she'd never be. All because of pride.

She tensed slightly as she began to move her, she knew that this was the usual pose, and forced herself not to be skittish. As he moved them, she tried to keep up with him. She avoided eye contact instead staring at their feet, as she helplessly moved with whatever he said.

One, two, three.....SHIT! four...

She was forcing herself not to shake: she was way too close to someone, and it bothered her. Her heart was beating faster and her cheeks red at being such a klutz.

"No" she whispered responding to his comment.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Dorian could feel feather like flutters under his touch. That, paired with the fact that Aria wouldn't look at him, made something within him stretch lazily in triumph. Not that his moves ever failed him, but for some reason it mattered for once in his life. Mattered more than anything he could think of in the recent past.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a very drunk couple on a direct path to colide with them. Maneuvering Aria around, he took the slam to his back with barely a grunt as the man tripped into him, causing his date to giggle histaricly.

He looked down at the woman in his arms. Her lips seemed to twitch with unspoken words. She was thinking too much...

Daring her blade sharp tongue, her moved her hand, clasped in his, to his chest, over his heart. Hoping the steady beat would calm her, since it always did for him, he leaned in by mere millimeters, whispering, "Just breathe."

Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:14 pm

This was complicated and no matter how hard she tried it seemed that there were some hiccups between the wiring of her brain to her legs. She had always succeeded in everything, classical instruments, composing, knowing a plethora of languages, but dancing was just not for her.

She was gripping his hand tightly, as they moved together and as she felt him move forward, she backed up immediately lifting her shoulders out of reflex in surprise. That drunken pair really frustrating her, especially since she felt all the more tense.

Her gaze lifted up immediately as she felt him change her posture. As he moved her hand down to his chest, her cheeks reddened and she lowered her gaze as she unclenched her palm and laid her hand flatly on his chest.

Just breathe

"Just breathe" she heard him repeat and she nodded avoiding looking up.

Where was her sharp tongue when she needed it?
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Dorian swallowed thickly, his whole world focusing on the warmth of Aria's hand over his heart. He silently hoped she didn't notice the increased pace of it. The flash of her eyes seared into him, and just as fast they were gone.

Why was she so scared? His brow knit in thought and worry. Either someone had hurt her, or she'd never been in this situation. He hoped, for the sake of the imaginary bloke, that it was the latter. Something in her made him possessive. He had to fight it down, knowing it would only scare her.

As the song died down, Dorian slowed them to a stop. Moving his other hand from her shoulderblade, her touched her chin as gently as possible, willing her to look at him.

"Want to give it another go? Or would you rather take a walk?" While he enjoyed the close proximity, he knew she'd be more comfortable out in the open.

Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Aria looked up from her lashes once she felt something shift within Dorian. Her hand felt his heartbeat a bit firmer than before. She ignored it, as well as she ignored his sweating palms, it was normal considering the high temperature and the body heat produced by the individuals around them.

She let him lead her, and once she let go of her control, she felt herself moving a bit better with him, and she untensed her shoulders and felt as if she was flowing a bit more.

But as soon as it started it ended, and she let go from him immediately her gaze staring right at his chest. But that soon changed as she felt him lift her chin. She raised her brow in surprise, eyes showing her not understanding.

It was different, feeling someone touch her in a delicate manner. She was anything but delicate, and as he asked her his question, she wondered what had changed in the dynamic.

"Walk" she replied softly, without a hint of a bite to her words.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Dorian thanked whatever power was out there that the next song was a slow one. Otherwise moving through the crowd with Aria could have been a disaster. As it was, he used his body as a shield to part the masses for them to reach the door, never letting her hand out of his. While the rational part of his mind said it was to keep her from getting lost, a small part, around his heart, couldn't bare to break contact with her.

Nodding to the bouncer guarding the door, they were let out into the relatively quiet street. The pub was set slightly back from the main cobblestone road, nestled in a small alley. Being as late as it was, there were few people out. The shops were dark, though there was light enough from the lamps.

Keeping hold of her hand, though making an effort to keep it light, in case she choose to let go, he stuffed his other in his tailored pants. The warm breeze made him happy that he'd forgone the jacket and tie, going for a more casual look.

Trying not to stare at the beauty at his side, he walked at a leisurely pace. "So, Aria, what do you do when you're not bar hopping?" He let only the slightest smirk out, not wanting her to think he was making fun of her. He was genuinely curious about her.
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:11 pm

Aria held no protest as he pulled her towards the exit. She was surprised at her not flinching at his touch, but she figured his touch outweighed the uncomfortable feeling of this club.

She crashed into him once or twice as she felt him stop because of the couples. Many times she hissed at the couples that brushed up against her by accident.

"Leeches" she hissed at the pair clinging to each other like parasites.

Once they were outside she took in the fresh air. The weather was surprisingly nice, considering the time. She looked down immediately wondering why he was still holding her hand, was it social protocol?

She wrinkled her nose, perhaps she should have read that book her brother had gotten her. She walked alongside him keeping a quick pace trying to match his longer strides.

"I do not bar hop" she said confused. "Bar hopping consists of going one bar to another, but that's not the case, after all, I stayed in one place. But I had a craving for a drink."
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next