Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wedding at Livadia Palace

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wedding at Livadia Palace Empty Wedding at Livadia Palace

Post by Leilah Meranovoskov Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Pictures!

Brides Dress - Wedding at Livadia Palace Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9TDT2o1mtkF1DDC5GHQlV4ZqhRHKYcCG6328LNmMT_6WYwUWS - Not actual bride

Bridesmaid Dresses - Wedding at Livadia Palace Forever-yours-77101-feature - Not actual bridesmaids

Groom Suit - Wedding at Livadia Palace Cheap-mens-armani-business-suit-black-ar-suit-81 - Not actual groom

Best Man - Wedding at Livadia Palace Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLvy-q-1duyV-UnS44-aVja-KpLMhg8AG3cV6YumyMpdAxel0XyA - Actual Best Man (Dave's celebrity face is David Beckham)

Hope to see you there soon!

Leilah Meranovoskov
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Wedding at Livadia Palace Empty Re: Wedding at Livadia Palace

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:40 pm

*~The Reception Playlist~*
A Gift From Us to You

Lucky
Just The Way You Are
Dinle
Ein Bisschen Frieden
A Thousand Years
Un Banc, Un Arbre, Une Rue
Truly Madly Deeply
We Found love
Rasputin
The Reason
La Det Swinge
What Makes You Different
It's All About You
L'oiseau
Everytime We touch
Butterflies
Come Fly With Me
The Voice
Can You Feel The Love Tonight
Neutron Star Collision

-- Compiled by Muhe First Year students, we wish you every happiness in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leilah Meranovoskov Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:59 am

Leilah walked into the foyer of the marvellous Livadia Palace. The palace had once belonged to the Tsar's family. Leilah had sed her pure Russian-ness to get her the palace for the wedding. She had used her links in Russia and Ukraine to get this place. She had been searching the palace for anything of interest. She had a little help finding the stuff she found. Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem sitting in her black hair. She had found some interesting facts. A previous visitor had made a family tree of the Russian Royals. She had read from Maria Fyodorovna to her own family name : Meranovoskov. That had come as a shock to her. But, she didn't have many claims. It was complicated but interesting. She came back to the here and now. She stood in the foyer, waiting for the guests to arrive.

When the guests arrived, she showed them to the chapel. It felt strange, knowing she was where her family once was. She let out a small laugh, barely audible. She left the room to get changed into her actual dress and wait for the moment....

(OOC - Guests, you may now post coming to the wedding!)

Leilah Meranovoskov
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:36 am

Alys had expected grandeur of course. One could hardly hear the words "palace" and expect anything less. That coupled with the rumor that had been going around some of the older students about Lehrer M actually descending from the royal line, suffice to say Alys had imagined an extremely huge and elaborately decorated palace where the two teachers were goign to be married. But even in all her wildest dreams, she couldn't have imagined this.

Livadia Palace was breathtaking in its beauty and decor, or at least, that parts that she had seen. Being part of the wedding party, the young witch and her friends had had a chance to look around and the more Alys saw, the more starstruck she was. But her favorite fixture of all was the simply huge chandelier in the foyer, adorned with ten thousand candles exactly (she hadn't counted but had been informed of it by a helpful passer by when he had seen her staring). It glowed brightly as it reflected off what could only be hundreds of precious gems embedded into the frame of the chandelier.

Feeling overwhelmed and excited, the blonde walked into the foyer where the Dark Arts teacher was greeting guests, self conscious in her bridesmaid's dress. At least she wasn't the only one. The witch glanced at Zara beside her, dressed in an identical combination of violet and indigo with her red hair done up beautifully. Alys was quite proud of her best friend for managing to look so good when she herself felt slightly nervous, never having attended a wedding before let alone one of such magnitude.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:05 am

Tarragon waited nervously at the entrance with Lehrer M, he'd arrived ahead of the girls and couldn't wait to see both of them. He had to admit that after the couple of weeks of hyperness from the two of them he was quite ready for the wedding and looking forward to it just as much. He'd picked out a suit with a pink tie so that he could partially match the girls. He thought it was a good idea anyway.

He looked into the window to check his reflection, everything seemed to be in order, his nerves were starting to kick in. As he turned he saw Alys and Zara walk up the stairs together. He blinked his eyes and opened them again, not believing his eyes. He smiled warmly at both of them.

"You two look... beautiful!" He said rather childishly, though he wasn't lying, they did look really pretty in their dresses. He took Alys' hand, "Miss Diederich, I have a little something for you!"

He pulled out a the small violet corsage he'd brought for her before the wedding and slipped it onto her wrist.

"Do you like it?" He smiled hopefully at her.

(OOC: Tarragons suit)
Wedding at Livadia Palace Suit10

Last edited by Tarragon Zeverai on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:48 am

Alys blushes as Tarragon appraised her in her bridesmaid's finery. The witch was even more surprised when he tied a small corsage to her wrist that matched the ribbons on her dress exactly. Who knew Tarragon thought of things like that?

"Thank you Herr. Zeverai," she said, trying not to laugh. It was a formal occasion after all and once she started laughing, she knew all the pictures would include a bridesmaid with a silly smile on her face. No, not until after the ceremony. They could laugh tot heir heart's content at the reception later.

Unless Zara had different plans of course. Though the redhead hadn't said anything, Alys had a sneaking suspicion her dorm mate was planing something.

"You don't look too bad yourself," she said, taking in his pink tie. She had to hand it to him, the boy had Muhe pride. The pendant on her throat glinted a curious shade of blue as she stood with her friends, surrounded by all the anticipation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:45 pm

[img]https://servimg.com/view/17200386/6]Wedding at Livadia Palace Ssam7012[/url][/img]

"Humphrey Williams walked into the palace, knowing he was not in a place where he would be accepted. He would probably be the only Gryffindor and the lone Hogwarts student at the wedding. He decided to take a bold risk, and wear a knight's dress with a sword, red tunic and shorts, and a golden lion on the chest. He hoped that if he was confident in his identity they would accept him, but if they didn't, he was announcing to the whole of the palace that he was a Gryffindor. He would not be embarrassed or called a coward, and if he was he would meet them with a steel nerve. "Hello Alys, you are Miss Diederich are you not?" Humphrey asked once he found the lone person he knew. She had asked him to come, and from the description he assumed this gorgeous lady in the purple dress was her. She had blonde hair and fair skin, as well as very striking eyes that caught his attention though he could not say why. Somehow, impossible though it was, he knew those eyes.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:29 pm

The witch looked up at the sound of her own name and was greeted by one off the oddest sights she had ever seen. Someone dressed in red, with a lion crest on his tunic. Alys mentally went though the guest list she had been taking care of for Lehrer M and could only think of one person that matched the description of the vision standing in front of her.

"Hello," she smiled cautiously. "Mr. Williams I presume?" If the blonde remembered correctly, he was one of the few British people on the guest list, apart from the best man and his wife of course.

Back to top Go down

Wedding at Livadia Palace Empty Call Me Humphrey

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 pm

"Call me Humphrey. So where are the other Britons hiding? I as out of place as a starburst in a bowl of skittles right now. So, why is this wedding so important it is being held at a beautiful gigantic palace?" he asked her. She was truly the prettiest witch he had ever seen. At Hogwarts, the prettiest witch was Charlotte Smith, and she was gorgeous. However, Alys Diederich put her looks to shame. She was tall, blonde, had pale blue-gray eyes that sparkled faintly in the light, and high cheekbones. Clearly a striking figure, and her face was beginning to show very faint smile wrinkles. Giving her a kind and happy appearance.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:42 pm

Zara had been to a wedding before, her cousin's actually, but never one of this extravagance. She was in awe at the sights before her, regardless that she had seen them before.The palace was beautiful, and she knew her friends agrees if their wide eyes were any indication. Truth be told, she was rather uncomfortable in this place, regardless, she couldn't wait for the wedding to get under way.

She felt Alys' eyes on her and tuned back into the conversation in time to hear Alys thanking Tarragon for the lovely corsage that rested on her wrist-it was pretty and matched her dress perfectly. She was tempted to say something, she almost did, until she heard someone call Alys' name and turned, with her friend, to see an unusual outfit walking towards them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:50 pm

"Hello, I'm Humphrey Williams. Alys invited me to come. I am a first year soon to be second year Gryffindor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Who are you?" he asked her politely.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:20 am

Noticing the blank looks on her friends' faces, the witch explained. "Guys, this is Mr. Williams, one of Lehrer M's guests from abroad - just like Mr and Mrs. Noble." Fixing a polite smile on her face, Alys turned to the boy from Hogwarts. Lehrer M had been very specific about diplomacy and the blonde had no intentions of letting her teacher down.

"Mr. Williams, please allow me the honor of introducing my friends. This lady here is Fraulein Zara Staudt and the gentleman to my right is Mr. Tarragon Zeverai. They too attend Durmstrang Institute and are my housemates."

Addressing his questions, the witch continued, her tones smooth and informative. "The wedding is held here at the Palace because Lehrer M - I mean, Professor Leilah Meranovoskov - the bride, is not so secretly rumored to be part of the Russian royal line. And I think the mere fact that she was able to secure this location gives these rumors some base."

Last edited by Alys Diederich on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:57 am

Tarragon offered his hand to the other boy, they had been told to be diplomatic and tell people where to go. Unfortunately, he couldn't tell Humphrey to go home.

"I would like to say its a pleasure to meet you, but alas, I'd be lying. If you'd like to stop treating these two girls like eye candy and follow on through to the next room, you should meet up with some of the other Brits that have turned up."

Tarragon quickly pulled out a tissue from his pocket, and handed it to the other boy.

"You may wish to clean your mouth before hand though, you seem to be dribbling."

He gave the other boy an icy stare which said get moving, before turning back to the girls with a smile.

"You'll have to forgive some men for their lack of control around such beauty. Some cannot contol their body functions and be polite." He stated, looking out to towards where the coaches were pulling up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:41 pm

"Ha, you are one to talk Tarragon. You just want me to go so you can have these beautiful girls all to yourself. But I am not falling for that trick. I think I will stay and talk to Alys, she did invite me here after all." he said. He would not let Tarragon push him around. He was a Gryffindor, and as such he did not believe in backing down just because he was on their home turf.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:52 pm

Alys looked from Tarragon to the English boy, unsure of how to handle the situation. What had Lehrer M exactly meant when she said "be diplomatic and entertain the guests". The girl was certain offering him a Tissue had not been anywhere in the instruction.

And the last thing the wedding needed was a scene, even before the ceremony started. Because if Lehrer M got wind of it, they would all be dead, Hogwarts and Durmstrang students alike. Giving Zara a pleading look and gesturing to Tarragon, she said a little shakily "Wh-why don't you two go find Terry? I'm sure he would... love to meet our guest."

Making sure her polite smile was still intact, she turned to the other wizard. "Mr. Williams, would you like to look around the palace? I'm sure no one would mind if you took a small tour. Livadia Palace is truly a thing of beauty."

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:29 pm

"That sounds amazing! I absolutely love castles and palaces. I am sure it will be the most beautiful place I've ever been in. Thank you for offering to show me around. And by the way, I realize I may upset people simply by being not German and attending Hogwarts. I won't intentionally stir up trouble, but if Tarragon or others push me around I will defend myself. So, if you see me getting angry, please say something before I do something, idiotic." he said to Alys.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:17 pm

The young witch stared at him, speechless for a moment at his short monologue. Then, composing herself, she said "No one is offended by your presence." Nervously reaching to tuck a stray lock of golden hair behind an ear, Alys steered him away from her friends to avoid any situation that might require this boy to "defend himself".

"Uh, so is this your first time in Russia?" Dammit, Zara should have been the one to entertain him, she was much better at conversation than the blonde could ever hope to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:23 pm

After witnessing the tension between the two boys, Zara understood the blonde witch's pointed look. Both girls were aware (and afraid) of the possible problems that could come from this.

Zara pointed a look at Tarragon that said 'If you start anything Alys and I will insure you a painful death' and lightly took his arm, directing him into the hall.

"C'mon. I'm sure poor Terry is lost in here."

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:35 pm

"Alys, you don't have to lie. I can see that most of the guests stared at me as I entered and
frowned at my outfit because it symbolized Gryffindor, one of the houses of Hogwarts School. There is tension because I and a few other Britains are here, in Russia. I am not a naive person to overlook their reactions when I arrived. But, thankfully there are nice girls like you to keep any fights from happening. Pretty girls, if I may say so, almost disconcerting meeting somebody as good looking as you are Alys. Actually, that is true; it was disconcerting because I felt like I am an ugly statue and you are one of Michelangelo's or Da Vinci's masterpieces. Yes, it is my first time in Russia. So far, I have found it to be lovely. Though I do not care much for Tarragon. What is his problem, anyway?" he asked her as she led him around the palace.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Truth be told Alys was finding his style of talking a little unnerving. In all her life the blonde had never met anyone who spoke like that.

"I don't think they stared at your attire because it symbolizes Gryffindor," the witch said softly. "I think its just the... vividness of it as a whole..." As soon as the words were out of her mouth, the girl flushed. "I mean, the best man is English too. And he and his wife don't seem to be getting as much attention."

I have found it to be lovely. Though I do not care much for Tarragon. What is his problem, anyway?"

"Tarragon doesn't have a problem, he was probably just joking with you. Ii wouldn't know much about boy talk," she laughed nervously. At least Zara had taken care of that. "He's actually quite an accomplished student," she added, lightly defending her school and house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:54 pm

"Hey, I just met him. I wasn't thinking bad about your friends. Just saying what I thought. I actually think Durmstrang is really cool, and especially the house Muhe. The house of pain." he said. "Oh, yes. There was a crown that came with it too but I decided not to wear that. Sorry, but I do have a certain...finesse for flair..." he said, twirling.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Alys laughed as he twirled, showing of his odd choice of clothing from all angles. "I see you keep tabs on Durmstrang as much we keep keep tabs on you," she said lightly. "Though I have to admit, your sorting system does confuse me as its based on personality traits - which, as we learn in psychology, are never truly fixed and vary according to the situation an individual finds himself in."

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:05 pm

"That is a good point. But the sorting hat can tell what type of person you are pretty well. And can read who people will become most of the time, but it isn't one hundred percent, but that's okay." he said. Surprised that she studied philosophy, he wondered if she too was a bookworm. "Are you a bibliophile as well? I sure am!" he exclaimed.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:18 pm

"No, not really," the blonde admitted honestly. "I only read for school and we had to do a few chapters on personality for our Psychology class." The witch could still remember clearly how stressed she'd been at the quiz the Lehrer had threatened them all with, only to be pleasantly surprised when she was able to answer almost all of them correctly.

"How about you, what subjects do you enjoy at school?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:36 pm

"Transfiguration, Herbology, Charms, and Care of Magical Creatures are my favorites. But what I am enjoying most actually is the art lessons I am taking from my friend Charlotte, and the swordmage lessons I am taking from my friend Airen. Both are very interesting and rewarding." he told her. He had been developing both skills and he really loved art because of the teacher and just the uniqueness of each sketch.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next