Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Library Rules

2 posters

Go down

Library Rules Empty Library Rules

Post by Horst Sollmann Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:05 pm

This is the list of rules that I expect to be obeyed while in the library of hogwarts. Anyone entering the library should be aware of these rules. Consequences for breaking this list will depend on the individual case. But the more severe the rule that is broken the worse the consequences will be. If you need to contact me either send me a letter by owl, or knock on my office door if I am not seen in the main part of the library. Requests for help studying or tutoring sessions to be held in the library must be made known to me 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the tutoring or study session. This only applies to formal sessions. common everyday study sessions do not need to notify me ahead of time

Rule 1. No Violence. Any Pushing, shoving, tackling, cutting, slashing, or drawing of a wand while in the presence of myself or a student will result in removal from the library for a certain length of time depending on what happened. Also detentions will be given if I deem the violence necessary of more punishment then exiting the library. Also letters will be written to heads of houses if I deem it necessary they should know what happened.

Rule 2. No Threats. Threatening of fellow students, professors, or myself will also result in removal from the library. Though you are less likely to have another punishment to go with it.

Rule 3. All persons in the library must not talk above a whisper or soft chat. Warning will be given for first offense unless it is yelling or shouting. Second offense will result in me taking you into my office and asking you why you were being so loud.

Rule 4. Everybody in the library must agree to take care of the books they are using to the best of their knowledge. Any intentional book maiming will result in expulsion from the library, a letter to your head of house, a detention or two, and the cost of the maimed book if damage cannot be repaired.

Rule 5. Students who take books out of the library must sign the borrowed book list that is in always either in my office or in the center of the library on a pedestal with a quill and inkpot. Will be required to write name of borrower, house of borrower, title and author of book borrwed. and expected length of time to borrow. If I think a book is out of the library for too long I will use this information to contact you, and ask you to return said book.

Rule 6. No arguing. Arguments must be taken outside the library once they begin to anger one or both of its participants. Must leave the library and return only when tempers have cooled and you can tolerate the other person.

Follow these rules and I know we will have a wonderful year together. Sincerely, Librarian Sollmann.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Library Rules Empty Re: Library Rules

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue May 22, 2012 9:36 am

Humphrey walked into the library. Librarian Sollmann was back, and he had known him before they both went away for a while. "Hey, Librarian Sollmann. How have you been? Read any good books lately?" he asked the older bibliophile. They both shared a love of books.

He tried one of the pumpkin pasties and the fruit punch. The pasties were delicious, and the fruit punch a little on the sweet side. Still, it was very tasty and refreshing. Adding four pasties to a plate, he went and sat down on one of the chairs. As a teenage boy, he knew how to chow down on food.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down