Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Apology (Alys and Tarragon only)

Go down

The Apology (Alys and Tarragon only) Empty The Apology (Alys and Tarragon only)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:19 am

Tarragon had gone back to the common room to try and find Alys to apologise for his behaviour the night before. She'd stormed off, and he'd ended up taking himself to the Infirmary to get his hand checked out and bandaged.. He knew when he couldn't find her in the common room that she'd be in the Archives, so he'd gone down there immediately.

As he entered the Archives he had no idea which section she'd be readin up on. He searched around the Archives for what felt like hours until he found her huddled in the corner pouring over a large book. He took a couple of steps forward, not taking his eyes off of her.

"Alys?"

Back to top Go down

The Apology (Alys and Tarragon only) Empty Re: The Apology (Alys and Tarragon only)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:23 am

For the first time that week, Alys had been feeling slightly better. The cramps in her stomach had subsided into a dull ache now which, while slightly uncomfortable was much more preferable to the shooting pains it had replaced. Zara had caught up on her better mood immediately and had insisted they go out to get some fresh air. And one chilly morning walk later, the girl had some color back in her face and the usual shine in her blue eyes.

However, the last week of school was upon them and they couldn't spend the entire day goofing off. And studying at the dormitory or common room had been almost impossible due to the last week buzz that emanated from everywhere, making it impossible for the blonde to concentrate on her studies.

So seeking a little quiet and peace, the witch had made her way to the Archives and immersed herself in a Runes dictionary. it was one of her weakest subjects and she was considering dropping it next year. But Alys Diederich never dropped anything before trying her damn best to make it work.

It was when she was tracing the patterns of the Norse runes in the dictionary that she heard her own name called out in a very familiar voice. The witch didn't bother looking up, continuing to trace the rune on the page with a slender finger.

Back to top Go down

The Apology (Alys and Tarragon only) Empty Re: The Apology (Alys and Tarragon only)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:30 am

Tarragon waited for her to say something, but she was giving him the silent treatment it seemed. He walked closer to her desk, his left hand pulling the book away from her slowly. He knew she was upset with him, and he understood.

"Alys, please. Let me explain." He pleaded with the girl before him. He didn't continue then, she still had a decision in the whole actions of the situation. He wasn't going to force her to listen, but he wouldn't give up trying to make her listen either. His eyes looked down to meet hers, she could surely see how sorry he was, he'd hardly slept through frustration. "Please?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:46 am

When the boy reached out to pull the book away from her, she had no choice but to look up at him. Contemplating him coldly, she said "Oh, I didn't see you there."

"Alys, please. Let me explain."

She thought she could detect a trace of sincerity in his voice but that didn't mean all was forgiven. Choosing to keep her tone even and blank, the witch gestured to the chair opposite her. "I have no idea what you're talking about," she said, not looking directly at him. The witch reached out for her dictionary again, taking it and opening it to the page she had been attempting to study before she had been interrupted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:03 am

Tarragon took the seat across from Alys like she'd shown him to. He watched her pull the book back towards her, but decided better than to try and pull it back away.

"Alys, I'm sorry." He started simply, not totally sure if she was listening. "I said things last night I shouldn't have. You know more than me about dark magic, and you were trying to help me and I snapped at you."

He paused, thinking things through carefully.

"It really helped what you said last night. It straightened things up in my mind a little bit. I just find it hard to keep my emotions under control when speaking on the topic. I know it's no excuse to lose my temper with you, Alys. After everything you'd tried to do, I repay you with anger that isn't rightfully yours."

He looked away for a moment, blinking back the tears in his eyes.

"Alys, you mean a lot to me, I don't want to lose you as my friend through my own lack of control. I really am so so sorry." He finished, looking straight across the table, his emotions clearly on show. Alys was the one person he could let his guard down with and not be hurt because of it. He knew that much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:13 am

Well then, what do you plan to do about it," the witch looked up from her runes to gaze into his earnest eyes. The entire point had been to make him realize he had been in the wrong. But now that he did, what was he going to do to make it up to her. Alys loved all her friends dearly but when they, for whatever reason, decided to insult her, well, they could go sort themselves out. The only exception to the rule of course, was Zara.

The witch was not going to explain herself in long dialogues. She had never been one to wage war with words. If Tarragon wished to earn her forgiveness, he would have to understand what he had to do on his own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:28 am

Tarragon hadn't been unprepared for this, though he didn't make it obvious he'd anticipated by smiling either. He knew what girls were like, and had already broken school rules to make sure his sorry was enough to make sure everything was put right.

"Alys," He smiled across the table, "Your second apology 'present' is within your dormitory, you must thank Zara for however she displays them, but the rest was my doing. As for now, there is something else."

He waited a second for her to take it in. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a box. He opened it on its hinge and span it towards her.

"It's a best friend necklace, but this one is more special. You see, the person who wears this necklace is the one who holds the most power in the friendship. At this moment, it is you. You see, it works by sensing the feelings of the wearer, if the person is upset or aggrevated the stone will turn a shade of red. If the person is happy the stone will shine blue, your favourite colour I do believe?"

He pushed the box towards he and waited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:39 am

Despite the resolve to make it harder for him, the girl was curious at the content of the box. Tarragon called it a "best friend necklace" but Alys knew it contained a mood stone. Maybe that was how they were packaging it of nowadays? The witch shrugged, taking the box from him and examining the small pendant. As soon as she touched it, the stone shone purple, a color between happiness and sadness, she assumed as she was not really angry or upset at the moment but neither happy and contented. She was curious though.

Keeping him in suspense a minute longer, the witch kept looking at the locket, wondering if it worked with the aid of the runes she had been studying about earlier. Then, looking up at the boy, she smiled outright. "Alright, point taken," she said clasping the silver chain around her throat. the pendant now flashed a light shade of blue.

"Wait, did you just say you put something in my dorm?" she asked, golden eyebrows raised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:55 am

"Well, I didn't personally put it there, but yes there are two more presents for you in your room." He smiled happily to Alys.

He waited a moment more, looking nervously at the floor.

"Alys, I know right now is probably not the right time to ask, but I don't see as there will be any better time then now. Alys Diederich, would you do me the greatest honour of attending the ball with me?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:10 am

Alys couldn't help but laugh at out his formal tones. It reminded her too much of when he had first asked to the Welcome Ball in a very similar manner and she had wondered who this guy was. The blonde still found it hard to believe that a year had passed and still he was treading on eggshells around her. But it was nice to know that he valued her consent so much.

"Of course. Besides, you didn't think I'd miss out a chance to tease Zara and Terry at the ball, do you? This time, she will be the one on the dance floor, and we will be the one passing remarks," she laughed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:19 am

Tarragon smiled warmly as Alys agreed to accompany him. He was glad she had forgiven him quickly.

"Of course we will, but we'll have to dance as well, it is tradition of course!" He teased Alys. Looking at her book, he asked, "Ancient Runes exam tomorrow? I suppose I should really read up on something, mind if I join you?"

He reached into his bag for his Defence book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:55 am

"Well, not really an exam, no. But the Doctor has this habit of asking us questions on things he hasn't even taught us yet so I figured I'd better do seem extra studies in case tomorrow is one of those days," the blonde admitted honestly, sweeping a fringe that had fallen in her eye behind her ear. Really, she should get them shortened but her Mama would never let her.

"Sure, go ahead," she said as he reached for his defense textbook.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down