Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revival of Quidditch (Lehrer Steinburg and Tarragon)

Go down

Revival of Quidditch (Lehrer Steinburg and Tarragon) Empty Revival of Quidditch (Lehrer Steinburg and Tarragon)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:04 am

Tarragon paced round outside the office for a while, thinking about how he needed to propose his idea. He didn't know whether Lehrer Steinburg would allow him to do it, but he thought there was no harm in trying.

He knocked on the door and waited for his Lehrer to open the door for him, he knew it was improper to just let yourself in.

Back to top Go down

Revival of Quidditch (Lehrer Steinburg and Tarragon) Empty Re: Revival of Quidditch (Lehrer Steinburg and Tarragon)

Post by Viktoria Steinburg Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:24 am

Viktoria was just about to pour herself a cup of tea but then she heard a knock at her door, wondering just who it might be she put down the kettle and made her way over to the door, she had never had any house problems so she wondered who the visitor was.

Opening the door she saw Tarragon and smiled softly gesturing for him to come inside:

"Tarragon! It's lovely to see you, what can I do for you?"
Viktoria Steinburg
Viktoria Steinburg
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Revival of Quidditch (Lehrer Steinburg and Tarragon) Empty Re: Revival of Quidditch (Lehrer Steinburg and Tarragon)

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:32 am

"Lehrer Steinburg" He nodded in her direction, entering her office, "I just wanted to come over to say thank you for the other night out by the wall."

He paused with a smile, counting to ten in his head before he continued.

"I have a quesiton, I was wondering if it was possible to set up a Durmstrang Quidditch team, with yourself as coach. Do trials until the end of the year, and then next year we could possibly have a couple of teams and play matches, or the like?" He shifted on his feet. "It's just a waste for the Quidditch Pitch not to be used apart from for our lessons, for which we don't even use the Quidditch equipment for!"

Tarragon looked up in his Lehrer's eyes, trying to gage what she thought of his idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktoria Steinburg Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Viktoria smiled softly and she shook her head, it was nothing at all to her to help out a student, she just wanted the best for the pupils of the school, and hopefully in the future more people would come to confide in her.

"Don't worry about it Tarragon, it was my pleasure to help you out."

Raising her eyebrow Viktoria bit her lip, she had been thinking of making a Quidditch team but the fact of the matter was that they simply didn't have enough students this year to make this venture worthwhile.

She hoped however that people weren't thinking she wasn't conducting them because she simply wanted to be mean. That was certainly not the case.

"I understand what you want Tarragon, but I'm sorry we don't even have enough students to make one full team and I don't think that the staff here are going to be too interested in playing Quidditch to fill in the gaps. I'm sorry."
Viktoria Steinburg
Viktoria Steinburg
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:59 am

Tarragon couldn't help but look dumbfounded at her reply. She didn't want to show them how to play, or at least practice, because there weren't enough of them yet. What about those here he thought?

"Lehrer Steinburg, I understand there aren't enough of us know, but surely you could start teaching those here that wish to learn and play the game if they want to? You'd deny us confident flyers the chance to better ourselves? Or better yet, make those less capable into not only amazing flyers, but potentially amazing athletes?" Tarragon burst out.

"I'm not asking you to take the blame if the idea is a complete flop, Lehrer. I'll do that. Just give me the chance to prove myself to you. Please?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktoria Steinburg Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:56 am

Viktoria felt her eyes widen and her cheeks flush as if she had been slapped, if there was one thing that she couldn't stand it was someone thinking that she didn't want the best for her students, she had tried so hard to make them all happy...

Yet when she decided not to do something because of a reasonable reason she was suddenly the worst in the world?

That was something even the normally lax Viktoria had to bristle at, and she found her blush growing more intense with her mild annoyance, her pride well and truly stung.

"I do not appreciate what you just said to me Tarragon. You may not know much about me but I want the world for my students, I want them to enjoy flying and to have as much fun as they can, however."

She paused and almost glared at the boy.

"Being guilt tripped into putting on a Quidditch trial for five students maximum is not something I am going to entertain. I have planned lessons next year on Quidditch, and I'm afraid that will have to be enough for now. And in case you haven't forgotten first years are not permitted to join the Quidditch team even if there was one."

Viktoria shook with her anger, and her hurt, she hated people who thought badly of her but would not stand to be bullied by an eleven year old child.

"People who want extra lessons, such as Miss. Alys to I suppose you are referring, can ask me for them themselves, the fact nobody has done so makes me assume nobody wants any extra tutaledge, if that is incorrect tell them to come to me and I shall arrange a session with them."

Shaking her head Viktoria sat down and bit her lip:

"Your comments have hurt me Tarragon. I do this not to be spiteful. Yet you make it appear I don't care because I don't bend to your whims. That's a harsh statement to put to me."
Viktoria Steinburg
Viktoria Steinburg
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:07 am

Tarragon watched his Lehrer's emotions carefully, he could see he'd pushed her too far, but he was passionate about Quidditch and knew of others who would have wanted to sign up for it.

"Lehrer Steinburg, I am sorry for upsetting you. I just thought it would be a good idea. My passion for the sport got the better of me, and I am sorry for upsetting you." He paused a little.

"Waiting until next year will be hard, but I'll look forward to every moment of it. And I'll try out next year, if you'll allow me to. And I was referring to more than just Miss Diederich, but if they don't come see you I guess that is their choice. I hope there won't be any hard feelings, Lehrer Steinburg. I haven't forgotten what you have done for me and I won't. Ideals are a wicked thing."

He sighed, looking out her window at the Quidditch Field, it really was such a waste.

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktoria Steinburg Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Viktoria looked at Tarragon and shook her head slightly, she needed to go and see the Doctor about this immediately, she really didn't think that after this she would be able to teach students if they were able to upset her so.

"Obviously it would be a good idea Tarragon that's why I thought of it in the first place, but there are simply not enough people! It would be far worse to get people's hopes up for a match that will never come. Even if we do get seven people to play, they will be playing against nobody!"

Shaking her head Viktoria took a deep breath and looked Tarragon straight in the eye, she did not know to whom he was referring at all...

"To my knowledge you, Lukas and Ava are all competant fliers yes? So that leaves Alys and Elfe, who also seems to be alright with flying. So, to whom are you referring? I will be sure to give them my upmost attention in lessons to aide them."

Viktoria pointed to the door:

"25 points from Muhe. Is there anything else you wish to ask me? I have a meeting with the Highmaster."
Viktoria Steinburg
Viktoria Steinburg
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:39 am

Tarragon looked at her with disbelief when she took the points away from Muhe house. Give him detention, fine. But not take points from his house when they weren't even in lessons. He decided to give up, leaving without another word.

He'd thought Lehrer Steinburg would have been better to him than that. Next year he'd prove she was wrong to not set the team up, but for now, he would just wait.

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktoria Steinburg Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:48 am

Viktoria watched the boy leave and although happy that she indeed know her class well enough to know he was in fact lying when he said that it was other people who needed help apart from Alys, she knew that he was making that up.

Never the less she would put up a sign asking if anyone wanted any extra help.

As soon as he was gone Viktoria picked up her coat and made her way to the Doctors office she hoped that his presence would calm her down from the intense mood that she was in, at the moment she wanted to leave and never come back.
Viktoria Steinburg
Viktoria Steinburg
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down