Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson One: First Year

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lesson One: First Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson One: First Year

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:25 am

Damien could not believe that Tessa actually wanted him to stay. He couldn't believe that there was at least one girl that would still fall for his charm, and it had nothing to do with his smile, she could even see his smile.

Put of course if he was confronted about this situation with Tessa it is all for his advantage, he would get something out of her eventually. He was Slytherin and didn't befriend anyone for nothing.

Damien sat back down in the seat next to her and waited for the class to start.

"See I told you once that you would want me around."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:34 am

Tessa smiled. " I just want you to treat me like you do when nobody is around."

She knew that she was crazy for doing this, but there was something that keep drawing her to Damien. And she didnt' know what. But she tried to push her feeling aside, she knew Damien wouldn't want anything with a blind girl.

" Maybe I don't want to be alone."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:48 pm

Damien was a Slytherin after all and being friends with this girl will end up benefiting him in the future.

"How about I try to do the best that I can for now. I can't change my stripes over night."

Damien was already thinking of a plan with and about this girl when he gets confronted by his house mates, or worse his parents. Talking with this girl was diffidently a no-no in his parents book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Tessa smiled a little bit, she knew that she was asking a lot.

" Ok, I heard a muggle saying. A tiger can't change his stripes."

She then remember that there was a muggle books, for some reason it was fitting her. Romeo and Juliet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:16 am

Looking around she saw that enough students had entered and so she locked the doors. Clearing her throat she wanted to get the attention of these students who viewed this as a time to flirt. Not on her time.

"Enough chit chat students, this is my classroom and you will listen to me. Now if you would pay attention, today we will be learning about Electricity"

She performed wandless magic and the word appeared.

"Electricity is what Muggles rely on for a lot of their objects and many Wizard Scholars concentrating on Muggles Studies like myself, have this theory that believes that Electricity is the closest thing that Muggles have that can relate to magic."

She looked around and decided to begin her questions for points.

"Now students, can anyone tell me who is the Squib that invented many objects that ran on electricity?" she asked.

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:50 am

Tessa than rasied her hand.

" Thomas Edison?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Damien was just about to say something to Tessa when Professor Valentine decided that she was ready to start class.

Damien knew nothing about muggles so he just sat and listened to Tess answer the question. Maybe he would learn something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:26 am

Tessa then raised her hand again. " But Professor shouldn't Benjamin Franklin be consider. Because if he would have never of discovered electricity?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Damien looked as lost as Xander felt. He knew close to nothing of the muggle world, and had taken this class to learn it. He was relying on the library for information, since his parents didn't actually know he was taking this course, and there for didn't get the class book for him. He figured he'd have to talk to the professor about possibly borrowing a used copy if there were any.

If he was honest with himself, it was really a certain second year that had piqued his interest. While she didn't seem to be as clueless as a muggle-born, she seemed to know more than the usual pure blood, making him quite curious.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:09 pm

She looked at Tessa and noticed that she was very talkative for a first year. Nonetheless it did make her happy that she was interested in the lesson.

Clearing her throat she answered.

"Thomas Edison is correct. And while you did mention Benjamin Franklin, he is more known as a US diplomat. I specified the question towards electric objects such as the light bulb. Benjamin Franklin aided in the lightning rod true, but not enough to consider him the father of modern electricity."

Picked up the lightbulb, she turned it into a lamp and it lighted it. She was glad that she managed to make the connection work here with a bit of cleverness.

"Miss Grey, next time please remember to let me call on you for your comments. While I appreciate your answer to my question and that is expected, I wish that your comments should be held until I call on you. So unless it's the answer to my question and you are the first one, then you may answer thank you"

Going back to her lamp she smiled as if nothing happened.

"This is a lamp. Lamps in the Muggle world no longer depend on gas like they did, not they use currents from electrical units to trail towards these objects and light up a room."

Walking around she looked at many of the Slytherins, Slytherins that were probably not raised in a Muggle environment.

"Can anyone other than Miss Grey tell me other objects that use electricity?"

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Tessa smiled a little bit, she had to remember to keep her coments to herself. She knew that the Slytherins in this class would have a tough time. Since they wasn't rasied with muggles. But she decided that later she would help Damien in the library. But she keep her thought on the class.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:56 am

Damien was not sure at all what would run with these things called electricty, but he thought he would take a guess so he raised his hand and waited to be called upon. He didn't feel like getting a lecture like Tessa did.

Damien sat tall with his hand raised to answer the question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Valentine Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:14 am

Hearing the bells ring, Angel lifted her head and looked up and counted the bell tolls. Seems time was up.

"Sorry students, it seems that it is time to end the class. Now since my lesson slowed down a bit, I will expect you to learn the chapter on electricity on your own. You will be expected to write an essay about the history or electricity and it's uses in modern society for muggles. It will be three and a half scrolls long. Class dismissed"

She was waving her hand that unlocked the doors of her classroom.

Angel Valentine
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2