Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Ice (The Doctor and Lucian)

2 posters

Go down

On Ice (The Doctor and Lucian) Empty On Ice (The Doctor and Lucian)

Post by Doctor Florence Nettle Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:09 am

The Doctor stood on the thick ice of the lake, not at all worried about the ice even slightly thinning. The reason for the ice on the lake was that the Highmaster of the time had control of a small runic display that essentially controlled the temperature of the lake. He was inclined to keep it permanently fully frozen and so it was, even though summer had not yet died.

He was waiting for his new apprentice, Lucian Ciero. The boy had shown promise in runes and had a very interesting runic display that he wanted to take a look at. Whistling lightly, The Doctor skated idly around on the thick ice, his shoes having turned to ice skates awhile ago.
Doctor Florence Nettle
Doctor Florence Nettle
Durmstrang Highmaster

Back to top Go down

On Ice (The Doctor and Lucian) Empty Re: On Ice (The Doctor and Lucian)

Post by Lucian Ciero Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:23 am

Lucian made his way down to the lake, he hadn't been there before but a lake was a lake really wasn't it? Stepping down from the steps of the institute Lucian looked around for the Doctor.

It was quite extraordinary to him that this man knew what he was, was happy for him to be in the school and was even giving him an apprenticeship with himself, in runes, something he was at least mildly interested in.

The lake from afar seemed to glisten and Lucian smiled in the rare hot day that today was, he had taken the chance to strip off with relish, his lightly toned upper body visible, as he only wore swimming trunks.

Upon approaching the lake he slapped a hand to his head and groaned: "You gotta be kidding me. Frozen?! Ah come on!"

Watching the Doctor skate around Luciam flopped over in his flip flops and waved a greeting: "Yo."
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Florence Nettle Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:30 am

The Doctor saw Lucian approaching in just his swimming shorts and laughed brightly as he did a little jump and a twirl on the ice. He had done some ice skating before. He'd done it quite a lot during the summer, just freezing the lake to skate on it. Laughing lightly, he came to a stop at the edge of the lake, balancing perfectly,

"Yeah... frozen." he grinned, "I like to ice skate. Especially in the summer. Gives visitors something to trip out about."

Waving his hand, his ice skates became shoes again and The Doctor walked off of the ice. He patted Lucian on the back,

"Good to see you Lucian!" he gave the boy's shoulder a little squeeze, "What do you want to start with? I could take a look at your seal. Seeing as your dressed for it."
Doctor Florence Nettle
Doctor Florence Nettle
Durmstrang Highmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Ciero Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:37 am

Lucian rolled his eyes a little and mock applauded The Doctor when he did his little silly flip in the air, it was something he had never really found impressive, male grace, but he couldn't deny he could skate better than he.

"Yeah yeah well done you can skate, and we don't get any visitors, the only visitors we'd get would not give one about a frozen lake."

Blinking a little as he was touched, Lucian almost flinched, only girls could touch him like that, anything else was just...odd...

"Erm yeah, good to...be here?" he said not really knowing what to say in response to that.

Unable to stop a dry sarcastic chuckle Lucian shrugged his shoulders: "Yeah rub it in why don't you, the incubus had a mind spaz, should have known even the lakes here are cold. But sure the seal is a good point to start."
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Florence Nettle Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:42 am

Bowing mockingly at the equally mocking praise he received for his little display of grace on the ice, The Doctor grinned a little bit. No one ever realised that grace was what helped you to dodge a spell. He pouted childishly,

"Hey!" he stuck his tongue out at you, "Silly little Lucian... the German, Russian and Austrian Ministries all take a great deal of interest in our fair school."

Seeing the boy flinch a little bit, The Doctor raised an eyebrow before chuckling and shaking his head, taking his hand away from Lucian,

"Liar." he commented with a smirk, "You'd rather be keeping a girl company right now."

The Doctor rolled his eyes but played along,

"Not so high and mighty when you're a mere mortal are you?" he teased, "Where is it then?"
Doctor Florence Nettle
Doctor Florence Nettle
Durmstrang Highmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Ciero Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:49 am

Lucian raised his eyebrow as the man in front of him called him stupid, although not being able to morph shape, he presumed that the seal hadn't been fully finished as the caster was...rather busy at the time.

"Don't call me silly, I'm much older than you, you should respect your elders. I get enough patronising from being in class, seriously."

Shrugging his shoulders Lucian couldn't help but smirk in return, deciding to test the waters of his own ideas a little, he commented loosely:

"Maybe, maybe I could get Miss Vikki to give me private lessons, eh, eh?" he winked.

Blinking again Lucian had to calm himself down before speaking to the Doctor, it wouldn't have ended well if he had jumped across the distance and whacked him about the face.

"You're going to be like that you can shove a stave up your ass, it's not funny, and it's on my arm, right, upper, invisible around my tattoo."
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Florence Nettle Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:59 am

The Doctor raised an eyebrow. Apparently being treated like his current age really got to Lucian. Something to remember for the future,

"Yes I know exactly how old your soul is." he glanced at the boy, "But you must remember something Lucian. The only reason you're not hunted by demon hunters is you pretend to be a 12 year old."

At the mention of private lessons from Vikki, The Doctor flicked the boy in the middle of the forehead with a small smirk,

"Youre in the body of a 12 year old." he reminded Lucian lightly before smiling, "And beside, she's my assistant."

The Doctor had definately hit a nerve there. He looked at the seal intently for a few moments,

"Mmm an interesting seal..." he paused for a second, "How was it applied?"
Doctor Florence Nettle
Doctor Florence Nettle
Durmstrang Highmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Ciero Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:09 am

Lucian felt his anger begin to boil up and his tattoo flashed red briefly, and he curses himself mentally, if Raziel ended up coming here he would be completely dead, there's no way that he could talk himself out of this one.

"I can handle demon hunters. I'm not an idiot, Doctor. I've lived for hundreds of years and more besides, I know how to live undiscovered, and if it was up to me, I wouldn't be here."

Unable to stop a grin, Lucian rubbed his forehead with a mock pout and wondered if he had perhaps touched a nerve in his Highmaster? He did fancy her after all.

"And? Is assistant some sort of code for Girlfriend?" he smirked "If not shes fair game my friend."

Thinking back Lucian muttered: "By hand. Although I don't think it was applied correctly."
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Florence Nettle Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:32 am

The Doctor could tell the boy was angry and maybe it was justified but the fact of the matter was that while he was a student here, he was his responsibility,

"You are a very smart person Lucian." he raised an eyebrow, "You have the magical core of a 12 year old. How long do you think you'd last?"

He chuckled a little bit, the boy got points for confidence but he knew that vikki wouldn't touch the boy. The Doctor smirked a little bit,

"You can think of it as code." he smirked, "Vikki is meine leibling. My loved one."

He frowned a little bit as he examined the seal in a brand new light. The Doctor sighed a little bit,

"The seal was applied by a failure." he noted dryly, "It was designed to keep you as a 12 year old. I can work with this."
Doctor Florence Nettle
Doctor Florence Nettle
Durmstrang Highmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Ciero Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:14 pm

Lucian raised his eyebrow and chuckled slightly, the thing was that the Doctor didn't fully know or appreciate what would happen when he got in trouble, his sister would turn up and she's got more than enough energy for the both of them.

"If you say so Mr. I Know All About Demons More Than The Guy Who Is One."

Raising his eyebrow Lucian pretended to gag, but then straightened up and quite seriously asked:

"Does she know that though? Like, you kind of have to girls these things or they can get hostile man...I don't think she really knows."

Rolling his eyebrows, Lucian decided that he would shut up for a moment and let the Doctor look, it was actually designed to keep him as a mortal, the starting age being 10 and growing old from there.

"Well, if you say so Boss, just take it off of me yeah? Then I can leave and go back with Raziel."
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Florence Nettle Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:57 am

The Doctor looked at the demon-turned-boy for a few moments. He was looking at Lucian with while feeling something he'd not felt in a long time. The emotion was annoyance, something he didn't not like to show to his students at all,

"I know more than you think Lucian." he smiled a little bit, "I know things that even demons wouldn't want to hear. I make it my business to know things and you, my friend, are something to know or something to burn you. Disliking being burnt, I want to know you."

Sighing, The Doctor thought about what had happened to Vikki recently. The memory loss and changed her more than anything and he wasn't sure if she'd remember her feelings for him,

"She knew once." he told his student evenly before looking away, "And then there was an accident. She doesn't even know who she was anymore."

The Doctor was beginning to think he'd done something a bit silly in taking this boy on but he was still the best possible choice. He was about to start removing the seal when a part of it caught his attention,

"Ooh now hold on a minute..." he poked the seal and pushed some magic into it. The ink shifted and showed a different shape that made The Doctor smile, his curious nature acting up, "You are a beauty you! Look at that line... oh this will be tough!"
Doctor Florence Nettle
Doctor Florence Nettle
Durmstrang Highmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Ciero Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:43 am

Lucian raised his eyebrow and wondered just what the Doctor thought he was doing, looking at him quite evenly he thought of exactly what he wanted to say and made sure that he said it exactly right.

"Listen, you do your research and background checks and whatever, I don't like that, want to know? Ask me to my face."

When he still seemed to be treating Lucian like a student he sighed again and folded his arms about his chest, while the Doctor worked on breaking the runic pattern on his arm.

"I'm not actually a student you do know that right? I'm actually older than you so please for the love of Satan, do not patronise me."

Interested in the love life of the Doctor, Lucian knew not to push further, he didn't want to anger the Doctor by picking him up on little things that didn't need to be mentioned.

"It's a tough one? Why what did the cow do to me?" he asked a little worried.
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down