Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Dreams (Briony and Lucia)

2 posters

Go down

Baby Dreams (Briony and Lucia) Empty Baby Dreams (Briony and Lucia)

Post by Briony Romain Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Briony had decided that now was the time to come and get this checked out, she had thought so a few days ago but the continued sickness meant that it was definately something that she should think about doing. With a small smile she looked at the different students in the hospital wing and knocked on the door to Lucia's office.

She definately did not want any students to be coming in here and asking awkward questions about why she was here after all, because quite frankly the mood Briony was in she would probably Avada them all and not feel one jot guilty about it. Until she had the paperwork to do.

Waiting for Lucia to answer, Briony sighed.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Baby Dreams (Briony and Lucia) Empty Re: Baby Dreams (Briony and Lucia)

Post by Lucia Henley Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:41 am

Lucia was doing some paperwork as a knock came to her door. She tilted her head to the side and wondered who it could be, rising from the desk and opened the door. To say that she wasn't surprised when she saw Briony standing there would be a total and complete lie.

"Briony? What do I owe the pleasure?" she asked with a smile. Then she frowned. "Please say that it is a pleasure," she added, thinking about how she really didn't want her friend to be sick.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

http://theavengers.forummotions.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:06 am

Briony smiled lightly and waved to Lucia as the door opened, it was a relief to see her friend again, it felt as if paperwork and a whole lot of stress had been seperating them recently and she felt better even without having any magic performed on her.

"Hello again Lucia, it's been too long."

Stepping gingerly into the office, Briony smirked and chuckled, rubbing the back of her head and leaning against a blank space of wall, wondering how it would be best to phrase this, hopefully there wouldn't be any problems.

"I was wondering if you could check me out, I think that I possibly might...I might be pregnant." she took a deep breath and looked up into Lucia's eyes.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 am

Lucia nodded. "Indeed," she said solemnly, letting Briony come inside.

She then closed the door behind her and turned to look at Briony. She seemed to be struggling with what to say. Then she said it. Lucia's eyebrows shot up into her hairline in surprise. She then turned extremely serious. She turned to the door to the office and pointed at it with her wand.

"Muffiliato," she said, making the room sound-proofed.

Then she turned to Briony. A smile slowly formed on her lips before it was so big, only the sun radiated more. Exaggeration, of course. She then threw her arms around Briony.

"Oh, my Merlin! That's SPLENDID!" she yelled happily.

Then she pulled back, still with the same grin, before stopping completely, turning back to the serious expression.

"It is splendid, right? I mean... You're happy if you're pregnant?" she asked softly.

After hugging Briony, Lucia already knew the answer to whether or not the headmistress was pregnant, but she wouldn't say it yet, either because she had to be careful letting her down or because she had to be careful letting her know. Maybe she should place a cushioning charm on everything she valued in the room so Briony couldn't break it? Lucia almost had to laugh at the thought.

Another thing was that Lucia wanted to be absolutely sure so she would take an examination before breaking any news. It would go fairly quickly though, either way.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:39 am

Briony smirked slightly when Lucia muffled the room, she was glad of that and she was now able to speak freely with her friend without having to worry about someone earwigging on their conversation, as you never know what might be going on in the castle walls that Briony herself didn't know about.

Unable to stop a small chuckle Briony wrapped her arms around her in return and hugged her gently, it was something that she was glad of, something that reassured her about the situation with her baby, and if she would be okay.

"Yes I am very happy that I am pregnant, it means a lot and me and Richard were ready to try again, and that is something else that I was worried about..."

With a small smile Briony sighed softly and raked her hand through her hair:

"Me and Richard has a miscarriage a few years back and I was wondering if you could keep an eye on me, and see if everything is going well throughout the pregnancy I don't want it happening again you see." she said in a slightly pained way.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 am

Lucia grinned at Briony when she told her that she was happy that she was pregnant. Which she was, by the way. It was clear that even Briony knew that by now.

"Well, then I am delighted to tell you that you are indeed pregnant," she said with a massive grin.

The grin faltered slightly when Briony told her what had happened last time, though. She sighed and gave a comforting smile.

"It is unnervingly usual to loose your first child during pregnancy, but of course I'll keep an eye on you, Bri, definitely. I wouldn't have it any other way. Fact is I think I'm gonna get annoyingly careful, you know. And no more drinking for you," she added with a humorous grin.

Lucia felt light. Truly. Briony and Richard. Pregnant. Awesomeness. She chuckled slightly. Then she took out her wand again.

"I'm gonna do a very simple spell, and you should feel anything except feeling a cold wave," she said and a soft, purple light left the tip of Lucia's wand and the color placed itself on Briony's abdomen.

Lucia studied the color and when it didn't change, she smiled up at her friend. "The fetus is fine and comfy, and I'll make sure it stays that way. But I have to ask you to dump some work over on your husband and others, Bri, including me. Stress will do the baby no good," she said seriously.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:39 am

Briony smiled slightly and then it grew, it was going to be different this time, it was going to be okay and she felt secure in the knowledge that she had her friend looking over her, and she was even more happy that she was a medic and actually knew what she was doing.

"That's... a little scary I have to say, but I think that I'm ready this time, I know it, and I think that Richard's going to have a hanger in his mouth permenantly when I tell him." she smiled happily.

Groaning a little Briony blinked and realised that her smokes and her alcohol were going to have to go and she couldn't help but pout, she really didn't think that she would be able to give them up that easily and she tugged at her hair.

"Oh my word, I forgot that I had to give them up, but I'm additcted Luciaaaaaa." she pouted childishly "You're going to have to give me some tips on giving up aren't you then?"

Briony smirked lightly when she felt the wave of cool magic move over her stomach and she couldn't think of a nicer reassuring feeling, except the one that followed that he baby was doing well and was not going to be harmed in any way.

"I'm glad that it's okay, and you know that's not going to happen, I'll probably just oversee Richard doing it anyway, I'll pass some off onto the heads of house, they've had it pretty cushy so far." she smiled gently.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Lucia grinned. "You know, if it weren't for my outstanding manners, I think I'd have to spy to see that look on his face," she said joyously.

She couldn't believe it. Briony! With a baby! That was amazing! She then laughed loudly when Briony said that she was addicted.

"Well, doom on you should I ever catch you smoking or drinking now! Nah, I'll help you as best as I can Bri, I promise. As for smoking, you will just have to be headstrong," Lucia said wickedly.

Of course she knew a spell that would stop the body from craving nicotine for a longer period of time, but she would be damned if she didn't tease Briony a little bit.

Lucia then nodded. "Ah, I do like that idea," she said, actually pretty grateful that she wouldn't get more than she already had, though she could probably handle a bit more still.

Lucia felt like grinning to the end of the world at that moment. Something so magnificent happening here in her infirmary. She could scream in joy.

"Oh, I wish nine months would hurry up already," she said with a pout.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Briony chuckled a little bit and she remembered the reaction the first time that she had told Richard and if he had anything to do with it the reaction would probably be greater this time, if that was possible.

"You won't have to you'll probably hear him halfway around the castle with what he was like last time I told him." she smiled softly.

If Briony was one thing, it was headstrong, and she knew that she would be able to give up smoking and drinking, but she'd probably replace them with other things, like that addictive muggle drink Coca-Cola.

"I can do that, I think." she gulped but then grinned "After all it's worth it, and I think little one might need all the help they can get in there."

Lucia looked like she was about to explode in happiness and that too made Briony even happier and she felt excited about it too, but more than a little nervous for when the baby would be coming out.

"You're getting me all excited now, it's going to go by so fast, I'll be popping the baby out before you know it."
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Lucia nodded gravely. "I shall be expecting so," she said with all serenity.

She then grinned. She knew Briony could deal with the nicotine addiction as well as the alcohol without too much problem. She'd probably get a bit sicker than normal during pregnancy due to abstinence, but it wouldn't be any problem, Lucia knew spells for that as well.

"Just as long as you come to me when abstinence acts up," she said softly.

Her smile widened even more if that was possible as Briony said 'popping'.

"Oh, he or she will pop out into the world! Lord, this is so thrilling!" Lucia said, giving Briony another hug, not able to do anything else really.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:47 am

Briony chuckled lightly and she didn't know where she was going to be telling him, she might do it at home, she didn't know yet for once Briony's head was a mess and she didn't know what to think.

With a small hum Briony tilted her head to one side:

"When can you tell what gender the baby is?" she asked interested "I might like to know in the future."

Nodding her head Briony smiled lightly, she was doing an awful lot of smiling recently and she was beginning to like the action once more, with a small chuckle Briony said:

"I'll be sure to come straight to you when I get a craving."

Briony returned Lucias hug and smiled even wider; "This having a baby thing is really quite nice isn't it?"
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:35 pm

Lucia smiled softly. "Yes, I'll know in a month's time, maybe less," she said calmly.

She couldn't help but smile, not even her muscles were tired from it.

"You better," she said with a wink; she didn't want Briony to lose another baby. Not on Lucia's watch.

At that, Lucia's smile burst again. "Oh yes, it is just so amazing," she said joyously.

She knew that she would do her utmost to make sure everything went smoothly throughout the next nine months.

"But do you want me to place some spells so you won't have the morning-nausea?" she asked.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:24 am

Briony smiled gently she was looking forward to finding out what sex the baby was, and she hoped that it was going to be one of the prettiest little girls that you could ever see.

With a small smile still on her lips she nodded;

"I am going to enjoy finding that out, I'm hoping for a lovely baby girl, I wanted one the last time." she said, patting her stomach.

Chuckling a little Briony nodded her head and decided that she had best stop now, and that her drinking and smoking days were over, at least for now, she might start again after.

"Oh please I would like not to throw up every morning, it would be very inconvenient especially when I need to do work." she sighed "Work your magic Healer Henley."
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Lucia smiled softly. "You might be lucky, but don't count your blessings yet. It's more likely statistically that it'll be a boy," she said with big eyes, "But here's to hoping."

She then walked over to her desk and took her wand. "You got it," she said happily.

She was glad that for once, this infirmary had happy news. It had become a bit dark and dampened the years she had worked there. Honestly, it wasn't funny. All from horrible scars to grindylows.

"Relinquere mane infirmitate," she chanted, her wand pointed at Briony's stomach.

She smiled. "Any problems, and my door is open," she said with a big grin.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Briony although not meaning to made a face of disgust when Lucia said that it was more likely to be a boy, she didn't want any boy children and she hoped that she would be the exception to the rule of statistics, if not there must be some potion or something that you could take to make it one sex or another.

"Well, here's hoping the statistics are wrong then." she said with a small sigh.

When Lucian cast the spell over her stomach Briony felt as though she could stop worrying for the time being, after all she was in capbable hands and she knew that there would be no problems, and that it wouldn't interfere with her workload that although lessened will still need to be done.

"Thank you Lucia," she said with a small smile and she made her way towards the door "I'll get out of your hair and back to the office then, I have some paper work to do and I have to figure out how to tell Richard." she grinned.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down