Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer and Letters (Open to Friends)

5 posters

Go down

Summer and Letters (Open to Friends) Empty Summer and Letters (Open to Friends)

Post by Parker Emery Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:16 am

((OOC: Open to those I said I'd write with/close friends + Kasey because they live in the same neighborhood. I'm just writing about Parker's summer and I'll reply to everyone's letters here. Ooor if you'd prefer to send letters though Owl, that's fine. ))

As he had expected, the ride back home with his mother was almost suffocating. They hardly spoke the whole time as he stared down at his knees, or out the window of the taxi. She didn't care to ask how he was, how school had been, or comment about where his father was at the moment, or if she'd gotten the letter he sent a while back. She almost acted as if he weren't even there. He leaned his head against the window, closing his eyes and trying to sleep until they got to the ferry. Once to the busy area, his mother held around his wrist, making their way to the ferry, nearly dragging him along for him to keep up, his shoulder aching. Once they had set off, Parker had managed to ask his mother, "Mum...where's dad? You said he'd come'n pick me up too..." She just shook her head and sighed, saying that he should know his father is busy, that he had to make up the expense to pick Parker up from the station. He didn't want to talk to rest of the way, and he could practically feel his mother thinking that if they were so 'magical' why couldn't they just drop him off right at home?

They took a taxi the rest of the way home, and were dropped off a few blocks away since they didn't have enough money to make it all the way back. He held his mothers high heels and purse in his hands, as she took his trunks. The tenseness in the silence lessened as they neared their small home. The sun was just starting to set, the clouds and sky turning orange, and pink, and purple. The moon was already visible in the sky. The reached the house, and Parker set his mothers things on the counter before taking his trunk. He saw his opened letter on the counter, and then hurried to his room, closing the door behind him and laying down in his bed. He couldn't be bothered to unpack just yet.

He had closed his eyes, just laying there for a while. He didn't know how long. But he heard a light knocking before his door opened. He sat up and looked at his mother. She held up the letter from a while back, and Parker eyed it, not saying anything. His mother cleared her throat, saying that he should know his father didn't want those filthy birds coming to the house. He sighed, "They're not filthy, Mum..." She shook her head and said she didn't care. "But, I just wanted t write, is all." She said for him to think of another way then. Parker nodded, and it didn't seem she had anything else to say. A moment later the door closed again and she was gone. He could hear her walk about the small house, cleaning up the little that was dirty. Busying herself with something to do.

Another long while later, as night had already settled there was another knock at the door, his mother calling for dinner. He had slowly gotten up, and walked out of his room. He walked the short distance to the kitchen, going to the sink to wash his hands, but the water didn't go on. He looked over at his mother and she told him not to worry about it and just eat. It was a small simple meal that didn't take very long to heat up. The two ate in dim light. "Mum...shouldn't dad be home by now?" he asked quietly between small bites. He knew his father wouldn't seem to care to much that he was back, but Parker still wanted to see him. She stayed quiet for too long a moment and said he was probably just working late. Parker nodded, accepting the answer, finishing up his food as his mother stared down at her plate. After clearing his plate, he stood up, throwing the paper plate away. He went to the bathroom to wash his hands and the water didn't go on in there either. He went to turn on the bath and that didn't go on either. Maybe the water was just broken, he thought as he went back to his room, still not quite full. He opened his trunk, putting aside a few items on the floor while he fulled out clean clothes to change into. Once changed, he got into his bed, waiting and listening for a long time to hear if the front door would open and his father would be home. When it did, Parker was already long asleep.

He woke up early in the morning, groaning and bleary eyed as his window shook from insistent and loud pecking. Still trying to wake up his sore muscles, he struggled out of bed, the nightmares he'd been having still half flashing through his mind. As the pecking started to get a little louder, he stumbled over to his window, opening it and letting the owl in, hoping his parents hadn't woken up.

Last edited by Parker Emery on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Summer and Letters (Open to Friends) Empty Re: Summer and Letters (Open to Friends)

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:58 am

Pyxis had bid everyone she'd sat on the train with goodbye, and had moved towards the barrier with her trunk lugged behind her. Once half-way there, she stopped and looked around for her parents. Her parents weren't there at all, and she sighed as she looked down at her feet and continued until she reached to the barrier, which she then passed through. On the other side, she was just as disappointed to see her parents weren't there, not even her nanny! She wiped at her eyes as she felt them tear up, her head lowered and she watched her feet. She sat on her trunk and waited, and waited, and waited. Happy families passed by her, mothers giggling as their children licked at their lollipops, fathers lifting little girls up for a piggy back, and all of that other family stuff. She could remember a time when her parents were like that, when they'd loved her.

Pyxis' owl screeched from within its cage, and many people gave her a funny look. She opened the cage and the owl fluttered onto her shoulder. "Hey Feathers." She mumbled, allowing Leilani out of her own cage as well. Being half-kneazle, the kitten wouldn't wander far from Pyxis and she didn't at all. Instead, she sat on Pyxis foot and decided to doze there. A station manager approached her. "Hey, you've been here for a while now, is someone coming to pick you up?" He asked. Pyxis nodded her head mutely and continued to stroke Feathers as her mind wandered to the war. These helpless muggles had no idea what was going on in their world, and it both made her sad and happy, as they didn't have to suffer through it. 12 years old and she had already seen too much.

Pyxis noticed that the sun was beginning to set, and still no one had come to pick her up. Her sadness had morphed into pure anger, and she'd thought up several angry ways to respond to her parents, when her emotions flicked to fear as a creepy man with a hat pulled over his face and a trench coat on walked up to her. Her hand wrapped around her wand. "Hey there sugar, need a ride home?" He asked. Pyxis shook her head furiously but he grabbed her hand and tugged. She stumbled forwards off of the trunk, and her wand was about to be whipped out when Leilani pounced on his leg and Feathers flew at his face. He released Pyxis and ran away, Leilani and Feathers looking pleasantly smug. Pyxis giggled, and finally her mother had arrived with tear filled eyes. She ran straight to Pyxis and enveloped her in a huge hug, her sobs wracking her body.

Alarmed, Pyxis wrapped her arms around her mother in turn and stroked her hair. "Mum?" She queried, and her mother said she'd tell her on the way home. Once they'd apparated home, her mother cried again and it wasn't until much later that she had gotten a response out and said that her father and her had gotten divorced. Pyxis wrapped her arms around her mother and hushed her until midnight, when she went up to her bedroom and composed an owl to Parker.

Hey Parks,

Did you get home alright? And what was up with you on the train, is there something you aren't telling me?
My mum and dad are getting divorced, I have no idea where that came from but it means I have to move into a much smaller house with mum. They're fighting over custody of me now, though I think its only to spite one another and not because they actually want me.
Love thought, isn't it?

Miss ya,
Pyx.

Once she'd sent it, she gladly fell asleep.

Back to top Go down

Summer and Letters (Open to Friends) Empty Re: Summer and Letters (Open to Friends)

Post by Parker Emery Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:07 am

The owl that flew in was a very familiar one, Pxyis'. He had recognized it right away and brightened a bit as he watched her land on the post of his bed. He went to his trunk, pulling out the small bag of treats he'd taken from up in the owlery, prepared this time to reward the owl. He stood up opening the bag as he walked towards Feathers. He outstretched his hand to her, and as she took the treat from his fingers he smiled a little and took off the letter.

He opened it as he went to sit at his small desk, Feathers preening herself as she waited. It was a short letter from Pyxis. But since it had only been the first day of break, there wasn't much to talk about. He hoped she got home alright because when he had to go with his mother, her parents hadn't come for her yet.

He sighed, pulling out a pen and writing back:

Pyxis,

I got home fine, though mum didn't talk at all and my dad wasn't there like he said he would be.
He was apparently working late, I don't know if he even came home last night.
Don't worry about the train. I'll be fine.
What? That seemed to come out of no where. Did they explain it to you??
I'm so sorry. I hope things can work out and that it doesn't drag on long. It isn't fair considering everything that's been happening.
You got home just fine, right? I really hope that you didn't have to wait too much longer after I had to go.

Parker.

He frowned, reading over the letter. He didn't know if she knew anything about the second attack that had happened. But he didn't want her to worry. He didn't want to give her anything to worry about, considering what was now doing on in her house. Divorced. He'd heard his parents argue about it, and argue about him before. It was a while back though, and while they still did argue, he'd not hear that word brought up for a long time. He folded up the letter, tying it back onto Feathers, sending her off. He then went out of his room and to the kitchen. It was quiet, so his parents hadn't been woken up. He went to get himself a glass of water. He stared at the facet, feeling extremely frustrated. Still no water? He sighed and went back to his room to change.

After changing he sat before his open trunk, unpacking everything. He got his clothes put away quickly, keeping his uniform in the trunk. He took out his books, setting them on his dresser next to his ones from first year. He had those boxes of his collections as well. Cool little rocks, or leaves, or pressed flowers. He had spend some time looking through those before boxing them up again and putting them in his trunk. He closed his trunk, and shoved it into the bottom of his closet.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Jones Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Dear Parker.

Hey how is your summer going. I'm staying with professor Slytherin. It really is great. She is helping me loads with my 'gift'. I really miss you. I know the thing with Hugo was hard. How's your leg and shoulder by the way. I hope they heal properly. I really never got to thank you properly. I know what you're thinking Damien saved me, but you cared. You cared enough when you thought I died you rushed in there. So thank you Parker for your friendship. It means so much to me.

Well I have to add something cheery to make this letter better so. Professor Romain is pregnant. She is having a baby Isn't that nice anyway I just felt this letter needed something not all sad and depressing. So ya. Write back soon.

Love,
Anne

Anne sealed her letter and sent it off. She hoped he write back.

Anne Jones
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Pyxis awoke early the next morning due to Leilani jumping on her face and licking her nose, mewling and clawing at her blanket before she finally groaned and shoved the kitten off, much to said kitten's protest. "What do you want?" She grumbled as sleepily, Pyxis sat up and rubbed her eyes. Leilani walked over to her bowl and sat beside it with an indignant meow that said exactly what she wanted. Food. "Gah, you woke me up at," she looked at her clock and huffed. "6am so I would feed you?" She asked with an eyebrow raised. Leilani mewled again, and so Pyxis got up and moved over to her door, where she grabbed her dressing gown, slipped her feet into her fluffy bunny slippers and walked down out of her room and down the staircase to the kitchens. The door to Nancy's room was off the kitchens, and it was a lovely, quaint little room. Pyxis pushed open the door a crack to see Nancy, only to discover the room was empty bar a few empty boxes. Pyxis gasped, her beloved older sister-type figure had left! She shut the door as tears filled her eyes and she went straight to the cabinet, got out the cat food and made her way down the hall.

She was at the foot of the staircase when she heard quiet sobbing coming from the lounge, and ever the curious Slytherin Pyxis walked to the lounge and stuck her head inside. There on the couch in front of the fire was her mother, face red and blotchy as she blowed her nose and clutched her blanket tighter, her eyes fixated on the slowly dying flame. "Mother?" Pyxis asked hesitantly, placing the cat food on the small-end table by the couch. Her mother looked up in surprise, before she opened her arms and slowly Pyxis went over to her and laid down in her arms. Her mother held Pyxis close. "I'm sorry," she began, and Pyxis frowned. "For being such a terrible mother. Your father and I never hated you, Pyxie darling, but it seemed that way. We were going through a rough patch, and we took it out on you. Mama loves you." She whispered the last part like she always had when Pyxis was a little girl. She then fell asleep in her mother's arms, until hours later when she went back up to her room and saw a letter from Parker.

Parker,
Oh, okay. That sounds disappointing, im so sorry Parker.
Bah, you'll tell me eventually. And if not, well i'd give you my don't-try-to-hide-things-from-me-im-a-slytherin face, okay?
Mum said that her and dad were having a rough patch for the last couple of years, which is why they gave off the impression they hated me. Mum says they kinda took it out on me, but she did say she loved me. It felt weird, I haven't heard that in a long time...
I know. Im more worried about the war to be honest, and im worried that dad's gonna kick me outta here. I love the waterfall, but I guess it would be nice to live somewhere smaller.
I waited for SO long, it was evening by the time mum came for me.
I looked in Nancy's room today, you know, my nanny? Yeah, she's gone. I miss her already, and holidays have barely started! Whatcha got planned?

Pyxis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:56 pm

It was a short time later when he heard the sounds of his mother out in the living room and kitchen, finally woken up. He was just laying in bed and perked up at the sound before standing up and going over to his door. He opened it slowly and poked his head out. He stepped out after seeing a glimpse of her going into the kitchen. He closed the door behind him and he walked out, taking a seat at the bar stool at the counter. He watched her for a few moment, opening cupboards, looking for something to make up. Parker saw a few things that could be made up, but the water wasn't working so they couldn't be made. She turned around and glanced at him, opening another cupboard. "Mum...why's the water not working?" She sighed, opening the fridge and pulling out frozen dinner meals, saying that it should be turned back on later that day. She cooked up the meals and they sat together and ate again, "Did dad come home?" She nodded saying that he did. but very late.

They ate the rest in silence and once finished, Parker cleaned up as his mother went to change for work. When she came back out he was sitting again at the counter again. She walked up to him and pat his head. "Don't just sit around all day, got it?" He looked up at her and nodded, saying "I won't. " She lowered her hand and sighed, as she slung her purse over her shoulder. "And don't wake your father, he'll be going to work soon." Parker looked at her surprised "What? I didn't think he worked this day?" She walked toward the front door, opening it "Well he does now" she said as he closed the door behind her, Parker staring after her ...Not even a goodbye? He sighed, as he stood up. He went back to his room to see an unfamiliar owl. He gave it a treat as he untied the letter. He sat down at his desk, opening it, smiling to see it was from Anne. He took out his pen and wrote back:

Anne,
I'm really glad to hear you're staying with her, that was so kind of her. I hope you're doing well there.
Thanks to the medicine Professer Henley gave me, I've been healing up fine. Still a bit sore though, and I'll have a scar.
Anne, anyone would have. Damien was smarter about it though.
You're welcome, and thank you too. I'm glad I could be there for you.
Whoah, really?? How did you find that out?
Don't worry about it, you can write anything to me. I'll always reply too. It's not like I've got anything to keep me very busy.
Parker.

He then rolled up the letter sending it back off with the owl. Parker then opened the drawer to his desk, pulling out his library card for the library that was a ways away. He set it down on top of the desk and closed the drawer. As soon as his father left he'd be able to go. But it was a long while before Parker actually heard him wake him. Not able to think of anything else to do, he was sat on the small couch watching telly. The door to his parents room then swung open, his father frantically tying his tie and buttoning his cuff. Parker turned around, his arm resting on the back of the couch as he looked over the back at his father who was cursing under his breath, and slamming the water faucet back down. He looked over at Parker. "Why'dya not wake me?" he asked, a clipped manner to his voice. Parker hesitated "I didn't know what time you worked...mum jus' told me that you even worked tod-" his father waved his hand, meaning he wasn't listening anymore as he tucked his shirt in, grabbing an orange from the counter and then grabbing his bag for work. Parker watched his father go to the door and said a quiet 'bye' as the door slammed shut in a hurry. Parker turned back around, watching the telly for a little while longer before feeling bored again. He heard a sound from his room and got up quickly to go and get the owl. He saw this time it was Pyxis' and as Feather's flew in, he got her a treat and proceeded to remove the letter. He took out his pen and started to write:

Pyxis,
Haha, alright, got it. If anything does actually happen, I will let you know this time.
Wow, really? I don't think I could go on doing that sort of thing for years. But that's great.
I know what you mean about it feeling weird. I've not either and this morning mum didn't even say goodbye.
I'm really scared about it. Things seem to be getting worse.
I hope he doesn't. That would seem so cruel of him.
You should take a photo of that waterfall one day. Like one of those moving photo's I've seen in the papers.
Wow, really? Why was she so late?
Is that why your Nanny hadn't come for you? Why on Earth do you think she left?
Plans? The library pretty much. There's not much else I can do other than sit around all day. It's terribly boring.
What about you?
Parker.

After he finished writing, he tied it back to Feather's leg and sent her off again.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:46 am

After having left the Hogwarts Express, she had left her compartment with a lot of byes and walked towards the barrier. When she got out she saw her housekeeper, Mrs. Clarkson, standing there with open arms. Haley practically threw herself into them, feeling her loneliness rise again, but fade away slightly as tears trickled down her cheeks. The two of them left the platform quickly and got into a cab. Haley was so happy to see her housekeeper there; she had really missed her.

They drove in a comforting silence, Mrs. Clarkson holding comfortingly around Haley, who fell asleep somewhere along the way to Wales. When they reached home, Haley was poked awake by one of the kids to the housemaids of Caerphilly castle. Haley opened her eyes and looked at the kid. Henry, she believed it was. She smiled softly at him. "Hey kid, how have you been?" she asked him and then he skidded off, she feeling her smile widen as she raced after him, her baggage taken care of.

That night, Haley felt both very happy to be home and undeniably lonely. She missed her parents so much, it felt like someone had driven a stake through her heart, and taken a part of it with them, not letting it stay. It felt like a literal hole in her chest that would make her suffocate when she tried to breathe, because the pain wouldn't let her lungs function properly. She clenched her teeth. Then Zar hooted and landed on her stomach, making her giggle slightly as it tickled. She smiled softly at Zar. "Everything's going to change now. I won't ever be the same," she said softly.

Zar pricked her finger affectionately. She then sat up straight in the bed, making sure she held Zar securely so he wouldn't lose his balance and get angry at her. "I could write to Parker, right? Or do you think he'd be annoyed that I'd start this early in the summer?" she asked thoughtfully. When Zar pricked her finger again, she figured that, no, he wouldn't. She hoped. Anyways, she knew the letter would take a day or so before reaching him. She walked over to her desk, Zar prodded on her arm, and then sat him down at the desk, rolling up a parchment.

Dear Parker,

She started. Then she wondered what she'd write. She looked into the roof thoughtfully.

I'm in my house now (more like castle, really...) and though I'm glad to be here, I'm really missing my parents. I wish they were here you know. But my housekeeper, Mrs. Clarkson, is really kind and comforting and she's staying in the castle with her family at the moment, taking care of things, she says, but I'm a hundred percent sure that she's here because of me, and though I'm really happy about that, she should be able to go home as well. I feel like a burden, really. I feel like a burden in my own house. But it's okay. Uncle Zacharias is coming over tomorrow to check up on me, and I'm really looking forward to it. It's been a while since I saw him really.
How are things going with you? Are you okay? I mean, is it okay being home?

Haley wondered how she would end the letter. She didn't know why she'd care about such a thing, really, but it might be weird to write 'Hugs and Kisses' 'XO' or anything of the like. She sighed and continued.

Yours truly,
Haley

She attached the parchment to Zar's foot. "Have a good time, okay? And catch some of those delicious rats. I'll have some pumpkinjuice ready for you when you come back," she said with a big smile, kissing Zar at the top of his head.

Zar hooted and pricked her finger. Then he spread his wings and flew out of the open windows. The minute he was gone, Haley regretted sending the letter. It had been so ... depressive. As if Parker would need any of that. Suddenly, she felt like a burden to him as well. She sighed. Next letter she wrote to him, if he wrote back, she would throw a joke or something, just to make him feel better. She wanted to do that. She was sick of being sad, and making her friends sad on her behalf or having them sad at all was the worst pain she knew now. And the joy of making them happy... that was without a doubt the best feeling in the world.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Summer and Letters (Open to Friends) Empty Re: Summer and Letters (Open to friends)

Post by Sam Hawthorn Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:17 am

Sam Sighed as she heard her ' Parents' fighting again Sam couldn't take it she quickly wrote a letter to her friend Parker.
" Dear Parker,
How are you and hows your summer? Mines been horrible my ' Parents' keep getting into fights and they won't let me have friends over they've gotten angrier since I told them not to go to Germany, anyway I look different from when you last saw me well the only thing that's changed is my hair haha but I want to leave my house all the time because I can't take their fighting anymore but I would invite you guy's over but I don't think you'd want to hear my ' Dad' yelling haha, hope you're having a good summer Parker.
Sincerely,
Sam"
Sam sealed the letter she walked over to Winter tied the letter to winters leg and sent winter out the window, Sam sighed as she watched her fly away Sam closed the window when she heard her ' Mother' call her for dinner Sam walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen they ate silently and as Sam walked up the stairs the yelling began agian but this time much worse yelling, Sam closed her bedroom door when the door to the room next to hers slammed she opened her door her ' Father' looked angry and her ' Mother' was crying Sam got into her bed and threw a pillow under her head and pulled blankets over her head and she fell asleep.[i]

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:05 pm

After having sent out the letter to Pyxis, he picked up his library card, slipping it into his pocket as he grabbed his emptied out bag from under the desk in order to put his books in. He put the straps over his shoulders and walked back out to the living room and went out the back door. He knew at this time of day the others on the street would be out soon. He could make it through a couple of back yards before getting to another street to then walk from. He did just that, careful not to be seen by the neighbors for they would definitely tell his parents when they got home if they did see him.When he got to the street, he walked down the busy blocks to the library which was quite a ways from his house. He didn't mind though, it gave him something to do, and with his neighbor no longer watching after him, he'd not have to worry about her if she woke up.

He spend quite a few hours there, trying to get his fill of the environment, though it was nothing like Hogwarts. He had checked out his bag full of books and was making his way home. He thought most the kids would be in for dinner now and assumed there would be no trouble if he took the main road back to his house. He had been right, and most of the kids were eating. Those that were out, were sitting on the curb across from his house. One of the kids squinted as he saw Parker walking, and the three were talking amongst themselves.. "Eh, when'd Par-queer get outta his house, ya think?" "Right under our noses, the sneak." "Look at 'im. Thinks he's so cool cause he goes to some private school." "Hell knows how though, got no money like th' rest of us." "His mum's a slut, tha's why. Bet she's with th' head master or somethin'." The three boys laughed and Parker could hear them as he reached his driveway. As he got to the door, the boys were now making noises at him and when he stepped in, he turned around and yelled out to them, "I say you guys ought'ta shut your mouths before you regret it!" He then slammed the door and quickly locked it, taking a deep breath. Leaning his forehead against the door. He was in for it now...

When he got to his room to go through his books he got, he looked up to see two owls in the tree just outside his room. He opened his window, letting them both in, and giving them treats as he untied the letters and then opened them to read. The first was from Haley and he began to write back:

Haley,
I''m sorry, I bet it's been hard to readjust, but things can only get easier now.
It's good that she's there for you and cares enough to be there. I'm sure she doesn't mind. I know I wouldn't!
I know what you mean, but she just wants to make sure you're fine. I don't think she would think you were a burden.
That's great that he's coming, I'm sure that'll be really nice to see him again.
Things are okay. I think the water broke in the house, but mum said it'd be on later today. And I got plenty of books from the library today, so I'll be occupied.
My parents seem to be more busy, but it doesn't really bother me.
Have you been up to anything interesting yet?
Parker.

He sent her owl off with her letter and pet the other owl briefly before sitting back down with the other letter. He opened it and smiled. It was Sam. They didn't talk much, but she was really nice. He took his pen and then wrote back:

Sam,
I'm sorry to hear, I know just what that's like though. My parents fight too. They don't even really like me sending owls, but they're hardly here so it doesn't matter to me.
Oh, really? What does your hair look like now? Did you cut it? I think my dad's gonna make me cut mine soon, he's been saying it's getting too long since last year.
Maybe you should start taking walks? I know that helps me when I just need to get out.
Thanks for the invitation, I don't think I'd mind. But I couldn't anyways. My parents don't let me go anywhere.
I hope things get better for you, and for me too actually.
Do you have an plans for the break?
Parker.

After sending off the second owl, Parker went to cook himself up another frozen dinner, as it began to get dark. He heard some thumps against his door and the front window, and when he looked out he saw the kids throwing stones. He knew they could see him and he walked over and closed the blinds. He ate in silence, kicking his feet, bored. He then changed and crawled into bed, reading for a while until his mother came home. He put his book away and closed his eyes as his mother came to check on him. After she closed the door again, Parker fell asleep quickly.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Sam woke slightly to hear...nothing? Sam sat up and looked she didn't hear yelling, slamming, or screaming she got up and opened her door and noticed her dad and mum were... Quiet? This surprised Sam and she shook her head she couldn't believe it her parents for once not yelling, she closed he bedroom door and she turned back to her dark room she hummed and looked out the window when she saw something in the distance she opened her window and let Winter inside.
" Hey girl" she mumbled handing her owl a treat she smiled and opened the letter she read it and quickly replied.
" Parker,
Well I cut my hair a little not much though, and I can't believe I did this but I dye my hair a brown blonde color I have no idea why I dyed my hair blonde brown or Carmel or whatever they call it I just did haha.
Anyway I haven't done anything during my break but summer homework heh yes I'll admit it I'm a total nerd.
How's your summer? I bet it's nice there in Ireland unlike here in London where we see nothing but buildings, I go on bike rides some times not a lot anymore.
Hope you're having an amazing summer and I hope your studying... I'm joking, on the studying.
Sam"
Sam gave winter the letter and smiled she opened the window and Winter flew out the window smiling Sam sat down at her desk and started to sketch when her parents yelled for her to go downstairs, Sighing Sam got up and went downstairs.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:49 am

Parker had slept in a bit the next morning, and he laid there for a while just staring up at the ceiling. He had a feeling his parents already went to work by now. He sat up, then got out of bed really hoping the water was working. He didn't want to have to go to his old neighbor's house to ask for a shower and a drink... As it turned out, when he checked, it was working, though the water pressure was weak. After bathing, getting dressed, then cooking up a small thing to eat, Parker pulled out a book to read. Though he couldn't stay concentrated on it. He closed the book and stood up to but it away and as he walked past the front door he saw a little note. It looked like it was from his mother, and it very well could have been knocked off the kitchen counter from when she closed the door or from his father leaving.He read it, and it said someone later that day would be coming to deliver a package. Sounded a bit odd, but he understood he'd need to sign for it.

He put his book away and saw what he recognized as Sam's owl at the window. He opened it, and when it perched, he gave it a treat, taking the letter off its foot. He sat down and read it and then took out a pen and wrote back:

Sam,
Oh wow, so you're hair's a lot lighter now isn't it? Well, I bet it looks good.
Haha, I know what you mean, I already rented out a bunch of books from the library, I guess I could be called a nerd too!
Well, actually the place I live is like any other city. I bet Ireland's got it's places but I sure've not seem them yet. It's not even a really great part of the city. There's nothing to do, no good park that's close or anything. It's pretty boring.
I'm just glad it didn't get hot like last summer.

Hmm, maybe get to bike riding again. You know, I don't think I can actually ride a bike now that I think of it. I've never had one.
Haha ,I hope you have a good summer too and I'm sure you could bet I am. I wish I could just get next year's books already!
Parker.
As he sent the letter off the doorbell then rang. Usually he'd never answer the door, but since his mother had asked for him to, he would. He walked out to the living room and opened the blinds to make sure the boys weren't out in the street. Seeing that they weren't, he opened the door. Before he could do anything he was yanked out of his house and screamed, trying to thrash away. He was shoved down onto his lawn and he looked up, trying to scramble back from who he realized were two of the boys from the other day. What was going on?

The boys laughed and Parker turned a bit to see the others on the street. They'd tricked him to get him out of the house! "Par-queer even yells like a girl, ya guys!" one laughed. Parker sat up, and then tried to stand up. One of the boy from the street came over and grabbed Parker by the shirt and turned him towards him. "I hear ye were tryin' to make a threat? What's that all about?" Parker just stared at him, he hands around the boys wrists. "Hey, I'm talkin' to you! Who do you think you are??" the boy shouted.

"Why don't you pick on someone your own age-" Parker said as he struggled to get out of the boys grasp, effectivly ripping the collar of his shirt. Parker then began to sprint down the street, not looking back as he ran. He saw a ways up, a door open and he prayed it was an adult, though it wasn't like they'd have done anything anyways. But it was a slightly familiar head of red hair and while they only talked once at school, he desperately hoped he would help him right now.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Jones Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:09 am

Anne was reading the letter that Parker sent. It was nice, she wondered if she could tell him about her nightmares. She picked up a pen and began to write.

Parker

Thanks for the support. Ya I like it here, I just wish there was more to do.
I'm glad you're healing. I'm so sorry about that.
Ya Damien was a bit smarter but I still love you for it. Not in that way.
I found out in one of my visions. It was cool.
Well you said I could tell you anything so here goes.
I'm having nightmares like crazy. I don't know what to do.
They were bad after the first attack now they are just horrible.
Hope you are ok. Miss you. Write if you need.

Lots of Love
Anne

Anne smiled at the letter and sent it off with the owl. She then headed down for supper.

Anne Jones
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:14 am

Sam walked downwtairs and smiled at her 'Parents' and she walked outside, she walked into the alley next to her house she smiled and got on her red 1950 bike she smiled and she rode her bike all the way to a near by park she hummed as she continued to ride to the park. Sam sighed and hopped off her bike as she made it to the park she sat down on the swing set and noticed a lot of the people stared at her, Sam put her hoodie on amd she flipped the hood over her face, she sat there for an hour when Winter tapped her shoulder she smiled.
" Hey Winter, sorry I didn't bring you any treats" Sam mumbled she read the letter. And replied on a piece of paper she grabbed her pen and started to reply.

Parker,
I know what you mean I wish the books come already, I went for a bike ride today I feel so much better now that I'm away from my house. Yay I'm not the only nerd! Haha, I used to think I was the only nerd at Hogwarts.
Well write me if you want to talk or anything.
Sincerely,
Sam.

Sam gave winter the letter and she got off the swing set she watched Winter leave before she headed back home she sighed as she walkd inside she heard yelling again Sam rolled her eye's and went up to her room and started to sketch.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasey Flynn Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Summer was only getting on a few days now and Kasey felt like he was being driven crazy. He almost couldn't wait for the day his younger brothers went to Hogwarts themselves. Kasey was sitting at the window sill reading as he always did. His younger brothers were taking their naps, and his mother was cleaning up around the house. He remembered the last time he lived here, it was strange to come back. His dad moved them around so much, Kasey never thought he'd see the same places or people again. Kasey would look up between chapters as he sat at the window sill, watching the boys in his neighborhood play. His mother would tell him he should go out and play. He refused because he watched them enough to know they weren't bright. It was almost ridicuous to watch and listen to them sometimes. The other day he'd caught sight of a boy he never saw play with them. That slytherin from school, what coinsedence.

Kasey watched the group play around, taking in their group....conspiring? He shrugged it off and looked down again, going back to reading. He looked up after his next chapter and saw that kid from the other day get tugged out of his house and shoved around. He set his book down as he watched the slytherin stand and shove the older of the group and then start to run. He saw a few start to go after them and Kasey stood up, opening the door and stepping out to clearly see what was going on. The slytherin looked terrified as he started to make his way to the door. What was he thinking?? He's just bringing them over! The kid came by him and the group ran over too. Kasey took a step forward and shouted. "Get off my property!"

But they just grabbed him and shoved him aside to the ground.

Kasey Flynn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Summer and Letters (Open to Friends) Empty Letter to Parker

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:42 am

Damien was really bored he had been doing a lot of traing with Tabi and Leshia and he was really just irritated with his father he could not convince his father that he didn't want to marry Tabi, and basically he had taken yet another beating. He decided that he would write a letter to Parker. Granted they only ever saw each other in the dorm room, but he was pretty much the only male compaion he had. Sitting down at his desk he pulled out a piece of parchment and started to write.

"Parker,

Hay man, I was feeling pretty bored and thought I would drop you a line and see what you were doing. I am trying to stay out of my fathers way, which doesn't always work. He is currently ticked at me cause I told him I wasn't going to marry Tabi, so you can imagine that went over like a lead ballon.

This summer is so totally gona suck. Tabi and I have to go to all these parties and pretend to be all happy and it just makes me sick. Trust Tabi is not anymore happier than I am about it. I swear if I have to hear Ivano's name one more time I am gona hex her into next week. Apparently he has been transferred to Durmstrang, so all they get to do it write and floo messages.

Well I suppose I should stop venting for now and talk about what your doing.

So what are you doing this summer that is exciting?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:42 pm

As Parker ran up to the door, he was more then grateful could ever be to have it not slammed in his face. Surprisingly, the red-head, whom he remembered to be Kasey, had actually stood out with him. As Parker stopped beside him he panted out a 'thank you' turning around. His eyes widened seeing the bullies rushing over. Why were they always so riled up by him? Why waste all this energy when they could ignore him?? It slipped him that they were following him though, so once again he'd dragged someone into his problems. He almost reached out for Kasey's arm when he started shouting out for them to get off his property.

As Kasey was shoved aside to the ground the boy tried to grab for Parker. He screamed and ducked away, trying to get away as fast as he could, shoving another kid as he passed him. But Parker couldn't get his footing as he staggered and he fell straight forward into the grass. The smaller, younger kids had started backing off now, just watching. The boy Parker had shoved then lunged at him. Parker had turned onto his back, raising his arms to block his face effectively smacking the boy very hard on the face. Stunned, Parker was able to shove him off and roll over, hardly looking at the boy as he staggered up. He started to try to run again but he tripped over the boy and almost fell on him again. Parker looked over at the other bully which had turned around from Kasey. Parker ran and shoved him, and the bully tripped back on Kasey. All of them heard a voice shouting then. All the younger boys and Parker turned and looked at a man coming down the road yelling. Without thinking, Parker ran again. He ran around the street and was able to hop some fences back to his back yard where he then let himself in. He was panting, clutching his side, crying with his shirt ripped.

He made his way to the bathroom and curled up, his back against the door, ignoring the knocking on the door. After he stopped his crying, he went to check the water again. He needed to clean himself up. He sniffed, so glad when it worked. He bathed and went back to his room to change. He saw the owls waiting and let them in as he went to change. After changing he brought them treats and took the letter to read. First was Anne, which he wrote back shakily, his handwritting more messy then usual:

Anne,
I know what that's like. I've got nothing to do all day too..
Wait, what about your vision?
I understand, I've been having them too. Not bad enough to were I wake up. But in a way I guess it's worse. I can't get out of them.
Just hold up, alright.
Parker.

Parker knew it was short, but he couldn't bring himself to write more. He send the owl off, getting the next one from Sam and writing back to her:

Sam,
That's great you went for a ride. I bet it helped.
I can never get my books until the very last minute. It sucks.
I never have time to go over them before school.
Oh, no, I'm sure there are plenty more of us. It is a bit school after all.
Parker.

It was another short letter. He sighed as he send this one off. He sat on his bed and laid down, closing his eyes. He sniffed still feeling extremely shaken. He still had the whole summer ahead of him and things were this bad already. This was a disaster, why not just keep his mouth closed. He hoped Kasey was okay...Parker's thoughts were then interrupted by another pecking at the window with another unfamilar owl. Well this was certainly different. Last year he only got them from Pyxis. He hoped she was okay... He sighed and as the pecking continued he sat up and opened the window. He gave it a treat and took the letter. Damien? Parker read his letter and almost resigned to leave it till morning, but he didn't want to keep the owl. He took out his pan and a paper and brought himself to write back.

Oh, hey Damien.
I've gotta say, I still don't understand the whole setting up marriages thing.
I would die if I had to go through something like that. Too much of a pain to worry about. I mean, we're 12.
Oh, that's what happened to him? I've only talk to him once. But I wondered.
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully things get better.
Exciting? Nothing. I managed to sneak to the library and rent some books. Besides that, I watch telly.
And I-

Parker stopped his letter abruptly and looked up as he heard the front door open, his father yelling. Parker curse and quickly tied the letter to the owl and sent it off. He rushed to toss his ripped shirt into the closet and then lept onto his bed, pulling the covers over him. He listened as his father seemed to be arguing with the man's voice he heard earlier about the fight. His father hadn't come to yank him out of his room yet, so he sat up, his heart racing as he listened to the drawn on argument which ended in his father kicking the man out of the house.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:35 am

Things are okay. I think the water broke in the house, but mum said it'd be on later today. And I got plenty of books from the library today, so I'll be occupied.
My parents seem to be more busy, but it doesn't really bother me.
Have you been up to anything interesting yet?
Parker.

Haley woke early and smiled happily as she saw Zar had returned, both because he was back and because he carried letter. She smiled and gave Zar his promised pumpkinjuice, and then opened the letter. She sighed when she read it. It actually was the contrary. It wasn't getting better, it was still getting worse.

But she smiled when he said he wouldn't mind. She supposed he was right. She had been cared for by Mrs. Clarksom since she was a baby. Haley sighed, and started reading, her mood improved.

Dear Parker,

Yeah, I suppose you're right. It'll get better. I guess it's just not coming fast enough. Being demanding and all that.
I'm sorry to hear that. Hope it comes back on soon. As for your parents I'm sure they're not ignoring your on purpose, it's probably just a rough patch they're going through, especially with the water being gone.
Nah, I've been working on my weath On some difficulties in my magic, and it's pretty time demanding. It gives me something to do, really.
How about you? Are you doing something special during your break?

-Haley

She frowned at herself. She'd been busy working on her weather powers, but she hadn't mentioned them to Parker before. Maybe a letter wasn't the best way of telling him. She tied the letter to Zar, who flew off quickly.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down