Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here For Another (OPEN)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Here For Another (OPEN) Empty Here For Another (OPEN)

Post by Senium Nex Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:17 am

Senium had decided that it was time to take her Grandpapa to the magical hosptial, it was time to get his dressings changed on his legs and he was always reluctant to go, he hated magical hospitals, that's why he normally never allowed Senium to come with him when he went to his appointment, but at this time he knew that she needed his attention all the time in case she got worse and needed to be healed immediately.

Casting her mind back to when Grandmama died, she remembered that was when her Grandpapa's hatred of all magical hospitals began because they failed to heal her, and instead harmed her until she was killed. This was why she was not allowed to be treated in one, because her grandpapa didn't want to lose her and Senium understood.

Sighing she swung her legs back and forth on one of the waiting chairs as she waited for her Grandpapa to come out.
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Here For Another (OPEN) Empty Re: Here For Another (OPEN)

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:15 am

Richard wandered through the halls of St. Mungo's hospital, hands in his pockets and whistling a little german tune by the name of Engel. As he was wandering aimlessly through the hospital his nose alerted him to the scent of one Senium Nex. Even in a hospital, the smell of blood and rotting flesh was rather distinctive.

Seeing her swinging her legs playfully in an waiting room, he walked in, raised his hand as he did so,

"Yo!" he greeted her with an eyesmile before sitting beside her. He chuckled ever so slightly, "I thought you said that you were alright? Being in a hospital waiting room kind of suggests otherwise."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:40 am

Seniums eyes whipped up from her knees where she had been staring when she heard someones familiar voice, smiling happily she was glad to see Richard Romain coming into the room and she was glad that she had decided to keep her ring glamour charm on, she wasn't ready to tell him just yet.

"Hello Master Richard." she said cheerfully.

Shaking her head with a little chuckle, Senium cast her eyes into the room that she was sitting next to and then cast her eyes back to Richard, it was obvious that he thought that she was here because she was ill, and that just wasn't the case.

"No actually, I'm waiting for my Grandpapa to come out of his appointment. Why are you here? Are you ill?" she asked, head tilted to one side.
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:53 am

He chuckled a little bit when her head whipped up at the sound of his voice. Thanks to his nose he could tell when someone was close and he could hardly imagine only having to rely on his hearing and sight to know when someone was near,

"Little one." he greeted her a smirk, "Just call me Richard when we're not teaching. Or Dick if you'd prefer."

Richard winced a little bit. He went out on a limb to try and figure out what was wrong with his new student but it had backfired rather badly. Chuckling and scratching the back of his head sheepishly,

"Sorry about jumping to that conclusion... what's wrong with your grandad?" he asked quietly before shrugging, "I dropped off a former student. Orphan, good kid, but apparently I'm still down as his next of kin from when he was a student. Thankfully he's okay."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:59 am

Senium blushed a little bit when Richard told her that she could call him by his first name if she wanted to, and she was happy to call him that but didn't know if she would feel the same when they were in school, hopefully she would remember to use the proper term of address then.

"Ah I am sorry Richard, I just didn't want to disrespect you." she said with a small smile, still swinging her feet lightly from the chair, scuffing them on the floor slightly.

Biting her lip she blinked and felt sorry for the boy, he must be so on his own...but she was glad that he was alright. Today thanks to her Grandpapa keeping her inside for the past few days, her muscles were back to how they normally were, and she could move just fine. Well fine for her anyway.

"Grandpapa has no legs, he needs to get them checked every so often to make sure that the wounds are not infected, he got hit by the dark cutting curse in the war...and it doesn't heal..." she smiled lightly.
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:22 am

Richard chuckled a little bit when Senium blushed after he told her she could use his first name. He had a hunch she was one of those people who was so polite that first name terms was a bit too much at times. He smiled,

"Ah you don't ever have to worry about that Seni!" he told her brightly before smiling, "Umm... can I call you that? You don't mind do you?"

He had seen the boy a few times since he'd left school and he was already in the auror program, a promising young fighter. Shaking his head to clear the thoughts from his mind, Richard smiled weakly at Senium and ruffled her hair lightly,

"Dark curses are always hard to deal with... it's in their nature." he paused, "He must be a very strong man to carry on. Dark spells like that are usually painful after the attack too."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:26 am

Senium blinked slightly when Richard gave her something that she had never had, she had never had a nickname and she looked at him with a faint blush on her cheeks for a moment before smiling broadly and nodded her head rapidly, she was just so happy whenever this man was by her.

"Oh that's more than alright! I promise that you can call me that all the time and I won't mind a bit, it's my first nickname you know." she grinned.

Humming lightly, Senium nodded her head, she was so very sorry for her grandpapa, that was why she was using up most of her magical core to make him his present that she would get to finish soon, she hoped, after all she couldn't ask him for help so it took longer.

"My Grandpapa is the strongest wizard I know...eh! No offense Richard!" she said, waving her hands in a panic, hoping she hadn't offended him.
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:37 am

The blush returned to her face when he gave her a nickname and Richard couldn't help but chuckle a little bit and sheepishly scratch the back of his head. He'd never been great at nicknames. Thankfully she liked it so he just grinned broadly,

"Well alright then Seni!" he told her with a happy grin, "From now on your first nickname is Seni. It's not a bad nickname after all, believe me I've had bad ones in the past."

When she declared that her grandfather was the strongest wizard she knew, Richard knew that she didn't mean to offend him even before she rushed to assure him of such. He chuckled a little bit,

"None taken Seni." he told her with a smile, "There's more to being a wizard than knowing spells and mastering magics after all."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:42 am

Senium wondered for a while what nicknames Richard had recieved in the past, after all there weren't many that she could think of, but she didn't want to pry and bring up bad memories about what happened to Richard in the past, she was just glad that her Master had now given her her first nickname.

"Any nickname is a good nickname I assure you." she beamed, beginning to fiddle with the ring on her finger, it was silver, and had a bright blue stone in the center.

Gently she traced her finger over her tattoo's on her wrist, thinking about the reason she had gotten them there, and the fact that they were thankfully still intact, even under her glamour charms. With a small smile, Senium thought of her Grandpapa.

"My Grandpapa is also one of the strongest magical wizards I know. Maybe he could even beat you!" she giggled.
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:53 am

Richard coughed a little bit awkwardly. If she figured out any of his nicknames then it could get rather embaressing for him. After all, being called "dick" was not exactly his favourite experience in the world. He smiled happily,

"Well I'm not very good with then but I think I've stumbled across a winner here!" he agreed with a grin. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed the ring she was playing with, "Nice ring... family hairloom or something?"

Richard had seen her tattoos but he had tried to ignore them. If he was honest the tattoos seemed a bit depressing to be on such a bright and happy child but that was just his opinion,

"Oh really now?" he stuck his tongue out playfully, "Well I can cheat to win so neh!"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:59 am

Senium smiled lightly and was about to comment on what Richard said about the nickname when he commented on the ring that she was wearing, biting her lip she debated whether she should tell him the truth or not and she decided that since he considered her family, you shouldn't lie to your family unless you had to.

"Yes, it was my Mama's engagement ring, it is very beautiful and I like to wear it a lot of the time, I just wouldn't be myself without it." she smiled, it turning slightly sad however when she thought back to how she had gotten it.

Raising her eyebrow Senium blinked a little as she looked at Richard and she hoped that he was just joking with her about cheating to win in a fight, after all thatw asn't very honourable of him to do so...

"You would cheat in a fight with an older man who has no legs?" she asked incredulously.
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:12 am

The way she bit her lip when he'd asked about the ring told Richard that there's was some kind of secret involved with the ring. Despite a rather curious nature, Richard was not about to go pressuring an 11 year old into spilling a secret just because he was curious. He smiled happily when she told him what it was,

"It's a very pretty ring." he told her with a smile, "I'm guessing it reminds you of her? Makes you feel closer to her?"

He saw that she thought that's he'd cheat in a fight and immediately he frowned. He didn't think he'd made the impression of a person with no honour after all,

"No... I meant in terms of magical power. I wouldn't cheat in a fight like that. It was just a poor choice of words on my part." he told her with a small smile, "I managed to create something that boosts a person's magical abilities. I don't use it though. Power of that magnitude can be corrupting."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:17 am

Senium looked at the ring and then back up at Richard she was about to tell him that he could take it to look at but then she remembered that it was what held the charm that kept her looking like a normal person and kept her bandages under wraps, ironically.

"Yes, it reminds me of her a lot. My Grandpapa tells me that I look a lot like her, but I don't think so. She was a lot prettier than I am." she smiled, flicking the ring lightly.

Seeing the frown, Senium gasped and her hair would have stood up on end if it could have done, she couldn't believe that she had spoken so dishonourably of her Master like that, and she felt an instant weight of shame settle onto her chest and she bowed her head, ashamed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to doubt your honour Master, can you forgive me?" she asked quietly, although she was intrigued as to what the special object was.
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:36 am

Richard saw that she wasn't going to take it off for him to take a look at it so all he did was tilt his head to look at the beautiful ring from different angles. He had to admit that it was a very lovely ring by itself but Richard had been around enchanted items often enough to know what one 'felt' like,

"Well maybe you should listen to your grandfather on this matter huh?" he suggested with a grin, "After all, he's less likely to be critical. You strike me as slightly self-critical."

The way that Senium gasped told Richard that she hadn't meant it how it sounded either so he merely smiled and tried to wave the comment off. After all, he was a big boy so it didn't hurt his feelings too much. He tilted her head back up with a smile,

"No feeling sorry for yourself. All is forgiven if you forgive me as well." he told her happily before sticking his tongue out at her, "No you can't know what the item is... not until you're ready to make your own at least."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:42 am

Senium wanted Richard to know what she was going through, she wanted to tell him more than she had wanted to tell anyone in the world, and she wanted him to understand why she couldn't do things and why she had to wear this ring and why she smelt like she did.

But she wasn't sure if this was the right time.

"You could say that, but then again, there are very few people who can truly say that they are happy with themselves when they look at others and they have something you don't." she pondered quietly.

Her head now tilted up to look into Richard's eyes, Senium smiled happily and was glad that he would forgive her the small mishap, and she nodded her head too, she had already forgiven him, after all he had done nothing wrong. With a happy laugh she said;

"Of course I forgive you Ma- I mean Richard. I can make one myself? Oh oh! When?"
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:04 am

Richard wasn't a stupid man by any stretch of the imagination. It had been clear as day that Senium had been hiding something from him for some reason. He didn't push her but his curiosity was growing with each meeting. With each meeting it was becoming more obvious that it was something big too, but he kept his curiousity in check,

"That is the curse of human nature." he admitted with a small shrug, "The ability to have everything... and yet want more."

Richard chuckled a little bit at the near slip up from Richard to Master again and poked her nose teasingly. He smirked a little bit,

"Well it depends on how fast you develop and how much you're willing to put into it." he assured her with a grin, "But yes, when the time comes, you will be able to make your own. It'll be like having a second magical core that's always full."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:13 am

Senium nodded a little bit, and jumped when she heard a door opening, thinking that it would be her grandpapa coming out of his meeting with the Doctor early, but when she strained her hearing she could still hear him, and it sounded like they were getting into an argument. Sighing lightly Senium made to get up.

"I do hope that Grandpapa is behaving himself..." she said quietly and she began to heave herself up out of the chair, with little success and she dropped back down.

Knowing already that she would not develop and that if anything she would get worse than what she was now, she knew that she was going to be a dissappointment to her new Master, and she hoped that he would not be disgraced because of her.

"Well hopefully with all of my effort going into it I'll be able to make one eventually, I know I'll try my best."
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:27 am

Richard saw Senium jump a little and heard two men having some kind of an argument about something. Not being one to breach someone's privacy, he stopped listening. He blinked a few times when it became clear to him that one of the men was Senium's grandfather. Seeing she was having some trouble getting out of her seat he offered her a hand to take,

"Well let's go see." he suggested, "Got to be a good referee after all."

He smiled a little bit and ruffled her hair affectionately. Deciding to tell her something that he'd learnt, Richard smiled at her and looked her dead in the eye,

"Did you know... that in terms of raw magical power I'm not as strong as some of the other teachers? And yet I'm considered one of the most dangerous in battle and one of the best in terms of spells. Do you know why that is?" he grinned, "Concentration. The greater your will and concentration, the greater effect you can get. Even with only a trickle of magic."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:38 am

Senium shook her head wildly, this argument was about something that she didn't think that Grandpapa would want Richard to know about, he didn't even know him, he had never met him, he only knew that he was her new master and that she would be in an apprenticeship with him when she started school later on in the year.

"No no no! You just stay here, I'm not sure that...he'll be very happy if you come in...I'll just wait a little longer, and see if he calms down or not."

Biting her lip a little, Senium giggled at the ruffle to her hair and she pressed her head up into it, her Papa used to do that a lot to her, listening to Richard in captive awe, she was inspired that now she could do something, even though she wasn't powerful, even though she could only do one form of magic, she would be the best witch she could be.

"Thank you Richard, now I know that if I just practice and concentrate I might be able to be half as good as you and my Grandpapa one day."
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:36 am

Richard was smart enough to know when something was being said that people didn't want him to hear so he placed his hands over his ears in a rather comical fashion. He nodded,

"You go and talk to him." He chuckled a little bit, "And see if I'm allowed into the conversation or if it's private. Either way I'll stay here alright?"

He couldn't help but grin when Senium giggled at the way he ruffled her hair. Charlotte didn't like it but apparently Senium did. And he would have to admit that the awe with which she regarded him half of the time was something that he rather enjoyed, even if it did make him feel a bit egotistical to be talking about his own abilities,

"Ha!" he ruffled her hair again with a wide grin, "Kiddo, you'll surpass the both of us! I just know it!"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:40 am

Senium smiled lightly when she saw that Richard was covering his ears, the comical way in which it came across made her giggle and she pushed open the door gently and walked inside, it appeared that they were almost done with the procedure and her Grandpapa was just being a little bit rowdy because of the pain.

With a swift nod, Senium went back out of the room to Richard with a slightly more relaxed look on her face; "He is alright, he was just in a bit of pain from the procedure and got a little rowdy, he's fine."

Grinning, she thought of herself in a few years time able to be the greatest person she knew when it came to transfiguration, maybe she could even transfigure herself to make sure that she would stay alive for some time to come, at least until she had done a few more things.

"Thats all I can ever hope for." she said with a smile "Who taught you about transfiguration Richard?" she asked politely.
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:03 am

Although Richard had his ears covered, he could still tell that Senium was giggling just by watching her do so. He grinned a little bit in return, ignoring the fact that people in the waiting room were now talking about whether or not he was her father. He waited patiently, ignoring the other people in the room until Senium returned, when he grinned,

"Well no one likes pain, especially not at a place that's supposed to stop pain." he shrugged a little bit, "Can't say I blame him... I dislike hospitals."

Seeing her grin, Richard matched it with one of his own. It was good to know that she had her own dreams based on transfiguration and maybe Alchemy too. It made him feel good to know that he was going to teach her something she liked so much,

"Well maybe after that you'll find even higher heights to aim for?" he suggested with a grin before he frowned a little bit, "A very dark and troubled man who lived in Germany. He never told me his name. Said I only ever needed to call him Master. Or Dominic. But that wasn't his name."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:09 am

Senium hummed lightly and nodded, nobody liked Hospitals really, it was something that was probably created to strike fear into the people who had to go there, after all it was not a very nice place at all. Both of them seemed to hate hospitals but for completely different reasons.

"Well my Grandpapa really hates hospitals, he doesn't want to be here but I force him to come." she smiled lightly, she needed to make sure that he was alright, she couldn't tend to him by herself all the time.

Regretting asking him about his master, Senium bit her lip when he told her who he had trained under, and remembered for the first time that Richard was German, she didn't care, so she didn't really think on it that much, but she knew that others would care.

"Oh dear...I'm glad that I'm not learning under someone like that..." she said nervously.
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:26 am

Richard had to surpress a shudder. His hatred of hospitals came from having been trapped inside one. That had been burning down. And the smell of antisceptic and all that really stung his nose,

"Wow... sounds like he hates hospitals with a passion. You make sure to bring him when he needs to be here alright?" he smiled slightly and ruffled her hair, "Oh I know you'll take care of him. It's in your kind nature."

Seeing that Senium regretted asking about his master, Richard merely smiled at her again. His training had been, in the nicest of terms, hellish. Hell, he'd technically died three times, each time being revived by his Master jump starting his heart with the torture curse. But Senium's training would be nothing like that,

"Yeah it wasn't the best learning environment." he agreed with a happy grin, "But you'll surpass me with my extra nice training!"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:38 am

Senium nodded her head frantically, she always made sure that if there was anything wrong she made him go to the hosptial, mostly she did so out of guilt because she didn't wanthim to be hurt even more by something that she had done in the past.

"Of course I always make sure that he comes here when he needs to, even though sometimes I do need to bribe him slightly, like today he wants me to do some cleaning for him when I get back, which is what I'd do anyway...but shhh."

Grinning a little, Senium's smile died down when the topic turned sad again, she hated the fact that Richard had had to go through something that was probably very unpleasant, it had made him who he was today, but it was something that made her eyes cloud with tears.

"Thank you! I am glad that there will be nice training for me. Otherwise... I think I might have one angry Grandpapa on my hands."
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next