Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying Something Out (OPEN)

3 posters

Go down

Trying Something Out (OPEN) Empty Trying Something Out (OPEN)

Post by Viktoria Steinburg Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Although Viktoria had never been into any kind of fighting before she had wondered whether it would be needed, what with the British trying to invade and all, to brush up on some self defense and get a little stronger just in case she would need it if she came across one.

As a result she had come to the training ground, paid her fee to enter, and was now wearing some coarse bandages around her wrist and her hair up in a bobble to keep it back from her face.

Looking a little self concious mixed in with all thes tough macho men Viktoria shrunk slightly as she passed a large group and them and reached an empty space in the corner where a small punch bag was hanging from the ceiling.

Viktoria bit her lip and punched it once, it hurt a little bit but soon she got into the swing of it.
Viktoria Steinburg
Viktoria Steinburg
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Trying Something Out (OPEN) Empty Re: Trying Something Out (OPEN)

Post by Jabbar Mortiz Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:26 am

Jay walked calmly taking notice of all the changes or lat of. It had been a while since he'd been here, at Durmstrang. Senna ran around him chasing butterflies but not going far from her owner. The weather was perfect for a day out and he wished he had brought his guitar with him.

He passed the training grounds, one of his favorite spots. He had to learn how to defend himself at an early age as he refused cutting his hair like the other boys and was constantly bullied for it, that was, until Jay would humiliate them in front of the student body. Yeah, Jay could fight.

He walked inside watching the people, the place was filled with muscle covered students and he smirked. He was not one to fight with strength, he fought with his brain, using the opponent's own strength against them. Jay was never a muscular guy, he was fit but his clothes tended to hide that.

His attention was caught by the girl, the only girl in there, punching a bag in the corner. He moved slowly not wanting to startle her and not wanting to get punched.

Jabbar Mortiz
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktoria Steinburg Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Viktoria was getting into the swing of her punches, even so much that she started to make small noises of happiness as she did a particularly good hit, it was something she had never thought would relax her, yet all her anger was being let out.

For a moment she looked around the punch bag and immediately flushed and stopped, resting an arm on top of the punch bag, somebody was looking at her.

Still blushing she his behind the punch bag for a moment catching her breath, a man with long hair? Shed never seen such long hair on a man before, it might even be longer than the Nikel twins hair, something she never thought possible.

Smiling Viktoria shuffled around to the front of the punch bag with a sheepish look in her eyes, a blush still on her cheeks.

"Uhm hello, do you want to use this? Because I can leave if you want."
Viktoria Steinburg
Viktoria Steinburg
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabbar Mortiz Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:23 am

"Not at all, don't mind me. I'm just looking around" He smiled placing his hands in his pockets. "I'm Jabar Mortiz, new Transfiguration Professor" He looked around, the other students didn't seem to notice them. "It's been a while since I've been here" He spoke calmly.

Not far from them he heard Senna growl. "I should go check on Senna, excuse me" He spoke turning around. Some students were surrounding the tiger. "I wouldn't do that if I were you" Jay walked over to the students who had their wands out. "You wouldn't want to get suspended for attacking a Professor's pet, would you?" He towered over them and they backed away. "Or possibly losing a limb, she can be quite vicious when she feels in danger." He smiled at the cat who sat by his feet but still watched the boys and hissed.

Jabbar Mortiz
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktoria Steinburg Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:23 am

Viktoria smiled softly and became a little more confident as the man, now called Jabbar, said that he didn't in fact want the punch bag, she wondered why he was here if he wasn't training then that thought flew from her mind as he said that he was a member of staff at Durmstrang.

Grinning happily Viktoria clasped her hands:

"That's great! I work there too, I'm the Flying Instructor, Viktoria Steinburg, it's a pleasure to meet you Jabbar, are you new to the school?"

Only asking because she had never seen him before Viktoria nodded at him as he left to do something, she wondered who it was he was talking about and she blinked when she saw it was a large White tiger, not what she expected.

Moving over to it Viktoria gawped for a moment.

"Wow, she's beautiful, I'd best not stroke her but she really does look magnificent, wherever did you get her from?"
Viktoria Steinburg
Viktoria Steinburg
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadzia Krulle Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:02 am

Jadzia breathed a sigh of relief, enjoying her break from the Institute. She had already changed from her teaching robes into a tracksuit and released her hair from it's pinned-up plait into a loose ponytail, looking much more casual then any student usually saw her.

Entering the arena, Jadzia took in the actions around her. How she missed training! Every day she trained with her father while on the field. Unfortunately, her teaching schedule didn't allow such freedom, but she took it when she could.

Off to the side, a large group of students were grouped together. Their raised voices alerted her to the fact that it wasn't a friendly gathering.

A bit annoyed at the distraction, Jadzia slipped into "Lehrer" mode and stormed over to the group.

"Jesteś tam! (You there!) What is going on?" she demanded at the students.
Jadzia Krulle
Jadzia Krulle
Durmstrang Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktoria Steinburg Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Viktoria, even though she was not a student, flinched when she heard that voice, it sounded like someone who was likely to glare her into absolute submission and she hoped that she wasn't coming to shout at her for whatever it was.

Stepping back from the students Viktoria smiled lightly at the lady, she looked like she could be a Professor at Durmstrang but one that she didn't know, or hadn't met yet.

Not quite knowing what was going on herself she moved to stand next to her in order to offer all the information that she could about the situation at hand, and hopefully not have her head bitten off in the process.

"Uhm, I think the student's got a little bit excited at seeing Jabbar's pet tiger, I think he's got it under control though."

Turning to her with a smile Viktoria held out her hand: "I'm Viktoria, Viktoria Steinburg, Durmstrang Flying instructor."
Viktoria Steinburg
Viktoria Steinburg
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadzia Krulle Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:29 am

Jadzia relaxed seeing two fellow professors in the crowd. It seemed a white tiger was attracting all of the attention.

"Sorry I didn't see you there at first. Assumed the students were up to trouble." Jadzia said, walking over to the young woman.

Shaking the proffered hand, she introduced herself. "I'm Jadzia Krulle, the new Defense instructor. Just arrived from Krakow a few days ago." She had heard about the young flying instructor and had been looking forward to meeting her. Quidditch had always been a favorite of Jadzia. She loved the strategy of the game.

Noticing her taped hands and the neaby bag, Jadzia's eyebrow raised. "Are you training, Viktoria?" Perhaps she had just found a new training partner.
Jadzia Krulle
Jadzia Krulle
Durmstrang Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktoria Steinburg Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:16 am

Viktoria smiled as Jadzia shook her hand, it was nice to meet another female professor that wasn't completely up the creek without a paddle in terms of their mental state, it was very hard to have conversations with men constantly.

"It's nice to meet you Jadzia! You're only the second female professor I've actually seen around the school, were becoming a rarity I fear."

With a slight blush Viktoria nodded her head wistfully, she was indeed training but her attempts were not very good, to say the least.

Not wanting to seem like a complete idiot to the new professor Viktoria smiled slightly and tapped the knuckles on one hand with her fingertips lightly.

"Yes I was training, I thought it would be a good idea to begin, what with all these English wandering around, but I'm afraid I'm not very good."
Viktoria Steinburg
Viktoria Steinburg
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadzia Krulle Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:06 am

Jadzia smiled back at her fellow professor. "Training is a great starting point. You don't truly realize how much physical exertion it takes during battle, or even the importance of using a physical attack to defend yourself." Jadzia knew this from experience. There was never an excuse to be defeated just because one was disarmed.

"I'm continuing my training as well now that I'm more settled in. Would you like to train together some time? I might be able to show you some exercises to help."

To be honest, Jadzia missed her team from back in Poland. The promise of finally making a friend at Durmstrang helped ease a bit of the loneliness that was just starting to creep in.
Jadzia Krulle
Jadzia Krulle
Durmstrang Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post by Viktoria Steinburg Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Viktoria was glad that someone seemed to think that training up would be a good idea, she didn't think that the Doctor would agree because he seemed to be a pacifist born and bred, so hopefully he wouldn't think less of her for preparing herself for fighting.

"That's exactly why I've decided that I need to train now, because most wizards and witches, if disarmed are completely useless, I don't want to be in that situation."

A large smile broke on Viktoria's face she loved the idea of having someone to train with so that she actually knew what she was doing as opposed to just punching random bags.

"I would love that! Because right now I have no idea what I'm doing."

Hopefully they could get started soon and finally she could feel better about her situation with training.
Viktoria Steinburg
Viktoria Steinburg
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down