Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wizarding Wireless Network News - Report One

Go down

The Wizarding Wireless Network News - Report One Empty The Wizarding Wireless Network News - Report One

Post by Richard Romain Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:15 am

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TSJhIZmL0A - for start-up theme*
Henry – Hello and good evening. This is The Wizarding Wireless Network News, I’m Henry Stockett.
Henry – Tonight’s top story continues to be the escalating violence over the wizarding district of Hamburg. British wizards invaded the shopping area of the district early this morning and have been in a fire fight with the local German forces since. Civilians have generally been avoiding the district and the timing of the attack seems to suggest that the British forces were not looking to harm civilians. Commander of the British Auror Corps, Chale Donovan, had this to say.

- Cut to floo connection recording -

Chale – Earlier today the British Auror Corps launched an attack on the popular wizarding district of Hamburg. The minister and the senior advisors on the war have urged me to stress that it is not our intention to harm civilians in anyway. The forces currently engaged in battle in the district is an occupying force that is meant to give us a better foothold in the Germany nation from which to stage further attacks.
Henry – So you’re saying that the Auror Corps won’t be targeting German civilians at all?
Chale – That is correct. Even in the unlikely event that German civilians become hostile towards our Aurors they had been given instructions to stun only. None of my Aurors will be harming any civilians.
Henry – Thank you very much Mr Donovan, I’m sure that will be of great comfort to our listeners.
Chale – My pleasure.

- Back in the studio -

Henry – It has been twelve hours since the attack on Hamburg’s magical shopping district began and so far the Ministry of Magic has reported four Aurors killed in action. The names of these Aurors shall not be released in this broadcast out of respect for their families.
Henry – We go now, live, to our reporter in the field Kathryn Hayden. Kathryn, how is it on the ground?
Kathryn – It’s quite chaotic down here Henry I can tell you that right now. There are literally spells flying everywhere down this alleyway. Thankfully Auror rune users have been able to set up several powerful barriers to block all but the Unforgivables so myself and the other reporters are relatively safe. My thoughts now go to the safety of our fighting men and women though Henry.
Henry – Indeed Kathryn, my thoughts are with them as well. Now you’ve been there at the front for a while now, when did you arrive?
Kathryn – Well reporters and journalists were granted access to the FOB, Forward Operating Base, only seven hours ago. The part of the base I’m standing in at the moment is the upstairs of an office building, giving a good view of the fighting, which is some distance away. Stray spells can be seen flying up into the air at awkward angles from the alleys where the fiercest of fighting is going on.
Henry – How goes the fight from what you can see Kathryn?
Kathryn – Well Henry, from what I’ve been seeing since I got here, the Auror Corp have managed to advance in all directions at a steady pace. There’s been no significant breakthrough yet but our Aurors are grinding them down and gradually gaining ground.
Henry – What’s the situation with the wounded there Kathryn?
Kathryn – There are dedicated men in each Auror platoon who have been ferrying their injured comrades to the medical area set up in the FOB. St. Mungo’s healers have been here since the first wave of the attack and have saved many lives with their treatments.
Henry – Have you gotten a chance to speak with the commander of the FOB yet Kathryn?
Kathryn – No, unfortunately I haven’t Henry. Seems that Auror Wilde has been organising his men from the front and reporters are forbidden from… Oh! There’s Special Advisor and Hogwarts Professor Cobalt Smith! Professor Smith! Professor Smith!
Cobalt – Yes?
Kathryn - Kathryn Hayden for the Wizarding Wireless Network News.
Cobalt – Pleasure.
Kathryn – Professor Smith, you have been a constant figure in major confrontations with the Germans like this attack, what are your thoughts on the progress of the Auror Corps so far?
Cobalt – The attack has been going well. The chain of supplies and the chain of command have been doing their job effectively as can be expected under fire.
Kathryn – When can we expect a large breakthrough for our troops? We’ve been hearing talk of reinforcements meant for that very purpose but we’ve not heard anything concrete, care to comment?
Cobalt – I suppose I can tell you seeing as it will be old news in about five minutes. I will be leading a charge against one of the weak points in the German line that will allow our troops to circle and trap a large group of German fighters if it proves successful.
Kathryn – Thank you so very much for giving us that exclusive piece of news Professor Smith, I know our listeners will greatly appreciate it!
Cobalt – Not a problem.
Kathryn – Who is your companion here?
Cobalt – Him? He didn’t give me a name but he’s part of the operation as well, leading the other half of the pincer.
Kathryn – Care to make a comment sir?
Sergiy – My name is not important at the moment Miss Hayden. What I will say is that I have no doubt that our attack will be a success. We have superior manpower, superior spells and superior men. We will win the day.
Kathryn – Alright thank you gentlemen, I won’t keep you from the attack.
Cobalt – Your welcome.
Sergiy – It was my pleasure lovely Kathryn.
Henry – And we in the studio wish you all the luck in the world. I think I speak for all of our listeners when I say, “give them hell boys!”
Kathryn – Indeed, with fighting men of such distinction there is little doubt in my mind that this battle will be won. This is Kathryn Hayden for Wizarding Wireless Network News, signing off.

-

Henry – More news on the attack as it develops. That’s about all that we have time for tonight, stay tuned for The Witching Hour. Wizarding Wireless Network News will return at 2 am. From me, Henry Stockett, good night.

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu9J_rSUB54 - for ending theme*
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down