Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wizarding Wireless Network News - Report Two

Go down

The Wizarding Wireless Network News - Report Two Empty The Wizarding Wireless Network News - Report Two

Post by Richard Romain Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:25 am

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TSJhIZmL0A - for start-up theme*

Henry – Hello and good evening. This is The Wizarding Wireless Network News, I’m Henry Stockett.

Henry – Tonight’s top story is the on-going peace talks being held between the leaders of Germany and Britain in Germany. These talks represent the first real chance at a type of peace between the two countries. As the talks go on a ceasefire has been agreed upon for Hamburg for the duration of the talks. We now go live to our correspondent Kathryn Hayden, who is outside the German ministry. Kathryn?

Kathryn – Yes Henry, I’ve been waiting outside of the ministry for a number of hours now, waiting for any indication as to how the talks have been going. Ministry workers have been tight lipped and it appears as though they have been instructed to avoid talking to the press.

Henry – Are you saying that the Germany ministry is trying to suppress the rights of the press and the freedom of the press?

Kathryn – Nothing quite so dramatic yet I’m afraid Henry. I caught up with one ministry member who revealed to me that the main reason why none of the workers are talking to the press is that they just don’t know anything about the proceedings.

Henry – So the peace talks are likely to remain secret for a while longer do you believe Kathryn?

Kathryn – For the time being yes I’m afraid it is unlikely that there is going to be any new information about the talks. Hopefully that will change when the members of the delegations come out of the meeting room.

Henry – The members of the delegations being the Ministers and the two Headteachers.

Kathryn – Yes that’s right Henry, Ministers Luna and Becker, Headmistress Romain and Highmaster Nettle are the main members of the delegations.

Henry – What about the Head Aurors?

Kathryn – Well it seems that both Head Aurors left part way through the meeting, without meeting the press, in order to keep an eye on the situation in Hamburg, which does appear to be growing more and more tense with every passing moment.

Henry – Thank you very much for your report Kathryn, we shall come back to you later. More on that story as it develops… now with me in the studio I have, from Britain, Mr Cobalt Smith and, from Germany, Miss Viktoria Steinburg. Thank you both for coming.

Cobalt – Not a problem.

Viktoria – I am delighted to be here, thank you for inviting me.

Henry – Our pleasure Miss Steinburg. Now I wonder what your views are on these peace talks. Do you think that the delegations can agree to disagree on some points? Can they work together do you think?

Cobalt – I believe that there is a real possibility that they can come out of these talks with some agreements. Although they may not be the best of friends, I think that everyone there has a certain amount of respect for one another.

Viktoria – I think that they can work something out at their exclusive tea party. I know that The Doctor is willing to make compromises and I’m sure the others can be as well.

Henry – So you both believe that they can come to some agreements at the meeting?

Cobalt – Yes.

Viktoria – Uhuh.

Henry – That’s good, it gives the peace a chance… or does it? What are your thoughts on any kind of lasting peace, even if agreements are made?

Cobalt – As much as I would like to believe that lasting peace will exist between our two countries, I just can’t see it happening. Not right now, both countries still have too much fight left in them, they both lost a great deal and neither of them want to back down.

Henry – Interesting. Miss Steinburg to you agree with Mr Smith?

Viktoria – No… no I think that if they can work something out at the tea party then the war will be over soon. No one wants the war after all…

Henry – Some interesting thoughts there from you both. Unfortunately that’s all we have time for. Join us again at half past. I’m Henry Stockett and my guests have been Viktoria Steinburg and Cobalt smith. Thank you for listening.

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu9J_rSUB54 - for ending theme*
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down