Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween Ball (OPEN)

+10
Christielle van Gysel
Dmitra Diamante
Mirri Kinne
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Seffi Dresner
Konig Nickel
Vladimir Wazowski
Aquila Wilson
Raven 'The Sweeney' Drake
Doctor Florence Nettle
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Halloween Ball (OPEN) Empty Halloween Ball (OPEN)

Post by Doctor Florence Nettle Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:31 am

The Doctor stood up from his seat at the middle of the staff table. The hall was filled to the brim with festive cheer and fright, bats were screeching as they flew through the air, the ghosts were acting scarier and the sounds of a raging thunderstorm was charmed to come from all of the windows, to make the castle seem all the more isolated.

He was pretty proud of all the decorations if he was honest, a lot of effort had been put into them and it seemed to be paying off. As he looked out at everyone in their costumes, he himself adjusted his costume by picking up the skull that was on the table in front of him,

"Good evening on tonight, of all hallows eve!" he greeted the children, staff and guests, "As a reward for all your hard work I thought it best to hold the first Halloween dance! My friend Yorick and I..." he raised the skull, "Would like you to enjoy yourselves! So! Eat! Drink! Be merry!"
Doctor Florence Nettle
Doctor Florence Nettle
Durmstrang Highmaster

Back to top Go down

Halloween Ball (OPEN) Empty Re: Halloween Ball (OPEN)

Post by Raven 'The Sweeney' Drake Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:18 am

Raven smirked when she heard that there was going to be a Halloween ball, she was in her element and had even let some of her ghosts out of her ring, of course trapped inside cages so that they would not be able to escape, it would be no fun if they got away after all.

She had lined them up around the edges of the hall so that the students would have something scary to look at, they wouldn't be hurt, as long as they didn't do something stupid like stick their fingers through the bars.

Running her hands through her magically shortened hair, Raven chuckled and started on her bottle of firewhiskey. This was going to be a fun night.

Raven's Costume - Sweeney Todd
Head of Risiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquila Wilson Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:47 pm

Aquila pursed her lips and stared at the outfit that was laid in front of her. She really wasn't so sure about it, but decided that she'd rather wear it then go butt-naked or sit up in the Risiko dormitory all night. Besides, she had nothing better to do. With a roll of her eyes, she lifted the costume and eyed it warily. Finally, after half an hour of convincing herself, she changed into the costume and walked over to the mirror in the room. The other girls were still getting ready, and Aquila was thankful that she didn't spend so much time on preparing.

She found it boring more than anything else. She flicked her curly locks over her shoulder and examined herself from all angles. She grimaced again and hoped that at least Lucian might like it, because she sure as hell didn't.

A wicked grin crossed Aquila's face as she turned away from the mirror. She wouldn't wear it, because she wasn't her mother's puppet. Instead, she would manipulate it. Aquila focused on all of her charms and transfiguring spells, and spent the next hour (glad now that she'd started getting ready early) shortening the dress, changing the golden parts to black, and the white parts to red. She twirled her wand over the halo and turned it into a set of devil's ears, the white boots changing to red and black. A wicked grin crossed her face as she left her hair in it's normal state and made her way down to the ball.

Once there, she paid little attention to everyone else and leant against the wall, eyes scanning the room for Lucian.

--

Aquila's Outfit - MOLLY DARED ME! xD
Aquila Wilson
Aquila Wilson
Risiko Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Vladimir Wazowski Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:44 am

Vladimir walked into the ball, there did not seem to be large amount of people here and he was more than a little dissappointed, he did not even see Dmitra, the person that he had hoped would be here if only to keep him occupied by annoying her.

With a small sigh he raised his eyebrow when he saw his fellow fourth year Aquila dressed as a devil, it was a rather revealing costume and he was a little surprised by her choice, she had never seemed like the type of girl who would enjoy wearing something like this, and her face seemed to say it all.

Walking over to her he gave a small wave, his own costume more comfortable than he would have imagined, he had come as The Godfather, complete with cigar and toy gun.

"You look rather uncomfortable." he commented with a small smile "But I like your costume, in a none perverted manner might I just add."
Vladimir Wazowski
Vladimir Wazowski
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Konig Nickel Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:00 am

Konig walked into the hall and he was honestly surprised that he could still see in his costume. It had seemed like a good idea at the time. Go as Rorschach, Viktor said, it'll be witty cus of the Rorschach blot test too. Oh it was mildly amusing and the character was fun but was it worth it to trot out a character only some of them would have ever heard of.

As he entered the hall he spotted Raven immediately. She'd come as the namesake of her nickname after all. He smirked under the mask, a motion completely covered by it, as he moved over, hands in his overcoat pockets,

"You look good Raven." he complimented her, lifting his mask long enough for her to see who he was before she killed him for attempting to flirt with her, "Really suits you actually."

Costume
Konig Nickel
Konig Nickel
Head of Geschick

Back to top Go down

Post by Seffi Dresner Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:57 am

Seffi walked into the Die Saal, it looked so creepy with the ghosts that Raven had placed in the cages, it was so strange to her to see the place changed so much in a matter of a few hours of hard work, she would have loved to help decorate.

Looking around the hall she pouted when she did not see Lars here, Eliza had been taken ill and was not able to come so she was in the Muhe girls dorms trying to rest up so that maybe she could come down later on if she was feeling any better.

Spotting the Professors Seffi wondered if Konig were there yet, and shrugged her shoulders when she could not see him, maybe he was the creepy guy in the mask.

Seffi's Costume - Geisha
Seffi Dresner
Seffi Dresner
Muhe Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Ulric Wilhelm Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:34 am

Lars walked in, sporting his Phantom of the Opera costume. It was his favorite muggle musical, and he'd read the book, seen the performance, and watched the movie. His favorite character of all time was the Phantom. So brilliantly written, the villain captured your heart and made you cry for him. At the same time though, you despise him; the part was masterful and such a difficult role for anybody to pull off.

He looked around, and saw who he suspected to be Seffi. She was in a geisha outfit, and looked absolutely stunning. Sure, she was beautiful before, but this was different because she had intentionally made herself even prettier. He walked directly over to her, bowed, and held out the red rose that he'd brought. It was strange looking through the mask, but it was a necessity and he thought it looked very villainous. "Hello my beautiful geisha, I believe this belongs to you."

My Costume of Phantomness!
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=phantom+of+the+opera&start=71&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&biw=1280&bih=929&tbm=isch&tbnid=SEL8zOs-kyvNmM:&imgrefurl=http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-phantom-of-the-opera/images/187700&docid=Cb1qnp7uNiHK7M&imgurl=http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Sad-Erik-the-phantom-of-the-opera-187700_640_480.jpg&w=640&h=480&ei=TDnhT9HKI8n20gGGzaGcAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=504&vpy=360&dur=1106&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=89&ty=134&sig=114479278686125598509&page=3&tbnh=157&tbnw=209&ndsp=38&ved=1t:429,r:20,s:71,i:68

Last edited by Lars Ulric Wilhelm on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirri Kinne Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:28 am

Mirre had never been allowed to attend a party like this before, not balls, not masquerades nothing. she was so excited that the whole school could go. Now she only worried that he costume was appropriate. She knew Mother would never approve, but she wasn't here to see, so throwing caution to the wind she started dressing.

She had picked this costume after seeing a muggle movie while traveling here. He favorite character had been an independent and strong character.

"Will, anyone even know who I am Oscar? I would hate to have to explain everything all night. Oh, well, they probably won't talk much to me anyway, being new and all. I need to get going kiddo, just behave yourself. You aren't a student so you can't come. Sorry."

stepping to the wardrobe she pulled out the costume. It was kind of leather with fringes on the sleeves and a short skirt of the same material (much shorter than she'd ever worn before). Pulling her hair into two braids, she magically changed the color to blonde and shortened it a bit. Then slipping on her boots, holster with a toy gun, and grabbed her 'rifle" which was actually her wand. then she walked to the ball.

Entering she looked around and saw all the beautiful costumes and the ghosts along the wall. Feeling slightly out of place she walked in and paced along the walls looking into the cages.

Costume: Annie Oakley from the movie 'Annie Get Your Gun"
Mirri Kinne
Mirri Kinne
Risiko Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquila Wilson Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:23 am

Aquila looked up as Vladimir approached her and smiled at him. She hadn't expected to have any company other than Lucian, as she wasn't exactly the talkative or friendly type. Her smile was rather wary, mind you, but she smiled nonetheless out of politeness if nothing else. She shifted her weight to the other foot, trying not to be rude and ask him to leave her alone. She honestly needed more friends.

"Un-comfortable? I'm perfectly comfortable against the lovely wall," she patted the wall and spoke sarcastically.

She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at his first words, though he quickly added that his admiration of her costume wasn't perverted. She smiled at him. "Thanks. It was an angel costume, because mother thought that would suit 'her little angel'," Aquila's tone was sour. "But I fixed it up and made it a devil's costume instead. Much better than an angel," she explained.
Aquila Wilson
Aquila Wilson
Risiko Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitra Diamante Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Dmitra walked into the Hall, a smile on her face. She had never, ever celebrated Halloween in this manner before, dressing up in costumes and masks, and truth be told, she rather enjoyed it. She appreciated the decor in particular, she had always had a liking for dark, mysterious places and the Hall was looking exactly like that, furnished as it was in long, tattered drapes and with all the creepy ghosts. Dmitra cast an eye over the occupants of the Hall, to see if anyone she knew had arrived yet. Not that she could see..........oh wait. Dmitra saw Vladimir talking to a Risiko girl in the corner, the girl not looking especially comfortable. Well duh. She was in the company of one of the most annoying people Dmitra had met.

Goodbye fun. Dmitra thought moodily. Hello annoyance.

Costume: Morgana
Halloween Ball (OPEN) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHxyzSyUAgFINEPWRawmXBxYzb5bciEYrOsEYJwalAVcOUFno_yQ
Dmitra Diamante
Dmitra Diamante
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Christielle had been bored in her past lessons. She seemed to think that she was always tired, which was true. She is always up at the crack of dawn to do some reading, but when the actual class starts, she's bored as if she were watching mold. But they were having the Halloween Ball today, and she wanted the Highmaster to see everyone was having fun. So she did her best putting up a costume--an original costume--and went to the Ball. She tried her best to arrive early, but she spent quite a lot of time with her hair, which was now curly and dark. As she entered the Hall, a few ghosts went through her. She rolled her eyes, and spotted Bob the Poltergeist hanging near the chandelier with small sacks of dungbombs in his hands. Christielle smirked. She made her way to the drinks table, not really wanting to go around walking like some sort of idiot.

She picked up a glass of butterbeer and sipped some of it. Her mother had not allowed her firewhisky, and she certainly wasn't daring to try. She isn't entirely fond of her mother's continuous shouts and rambles and boring words, which was only used just because Christielle had not followed orders. She leaned against the wall, closed her eyes, and sighed. Her eyes snapped open and scanned the room. She didn't see anyone whom she knew, except for the fourth year girl from the Durmstrang Ship, Lars who she had met in the lake, and the professors.

She was bored. Really bored.

[OOC: Costume and Makeup & Hair]
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah Regnad Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:07 am

Noah apprehensively walked into the ball. He wasn't really looking forward to it, only having been to his fathers work balls before, and they were by no means entertaining. Still, he figured it was better than the homework he had to do, and who knows, he might end up having fun.

Noah hadn't put that much of an effort into his costume, deciding to go for a gothic theme. He had a waistcoat on covering an untuked sruffy white shirt and a deep red bow tie. He had skinny legged black trousers on, and on his face black eyeliner around his eyes. He thought he looked a bit like a vampire he had seen back when he lived in Italy.

Taking a quick look round the hall he admired the decorations before seeing Vladimir talking to Aquila near the wall. He decided to go and say hello. "Hey guys, whats up, I like the costumes"

Noah Regnad
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariana Jenkins Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:26 pm

She had sew for hours in attempt to make costume she could not afford one. She had used animal hide such as that of other animals and dye with clothing. She had to get it right though she was native American herself and that it was clear. When she slid on the outfit she had no time but still the outfit show a bit her legs. But also she went to braiding her hair.

Then she add her head dress with feather she collect from owl house for the house. It was perfect just about she thought. But she honest did not know what the other people would think but who knows she thought.

She add boots she had taken or stolen the boots all the same. But she did the best with no parents around her she did her best with what she had now but herself.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CCXXPO/ref=asc_df_B001CCXXPO2062816?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=NXTGID&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B001CCXXPO

Ariana Jenkins
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitra Diamante Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Dmitra turned a curious eye to a girl standing by the side of the Hall, sipping butterbeer. She think she recognized her back from on the attack on the Durmstrang ship.

Figuring that a relatively unknown girl's company was better than no company at all, Dmitra walked over to the very bored-looking girl, smiling slightly, "Hey. I think we fought by each other's side on the attack, though I think you almost disarmed me that time." Dmitra's smile grew a bit. "You were looking bored, so I figured that you could use some company. My name is Dmitra Diamante," Dmitra held out her hand. "Yours?"

Dmitra Diamante
Dmitra Diamante
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Christielle stopped sipping butterbeer when she saw a girl from Muhe walk to her. The girl spoke and told her her name. "Oh, yes. The attack. Sorry about that, I think I just got confused or something," she said quietly. "Well, I guess I tried my best to look... not bored."

Christielle smirked, nodding when the girl said her name. "Christielle van Gysel. Long, I know." she said, slightly laughing, as she shook Dmitra's hand.

She took another sip of butterbeer.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Seffi Dresner Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:51 am

Seffi when she heard someone talking to her turned and wondered who it might be, when she saw it was Lars, dressed in one of the most lovely costumes there she grinned happily and blushed as she smiled when he gave to her the red rose he carried.

Placing it behind her ear Seffi giggled; "Why thank you Lars, and what a lovely costume you have, although you shouldn't hide your face it made it hard for me to guess who you are from over there!" she tutted.
Seffi Dresner
Seffi Dresner
Muhe Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Vladimir Wazowski Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:23 am

Vladimir chuckled a little bit when Aquila spoke to him, it was almost as if she didn't want him there, of course he had never been one to listen to people when they wanted him to leave them alone, quite the opposite in fact.

"Of course, because cold stone is amazingly comfortable." he replied with a small smirk on his lips before leaning against the same length of wall and looking around.

When he did he saw Dmitra had entered and he smirked again, figured she would wear something like that. Turning his attention back to Aquila he smiled gently;

"Sticking it to the man? Sounds like something I could agree to, I wore this because I thought it'd be funny, you know who I am?" he asked with a small laugh.
Vladimir Wazowski
Vladimir Wazowski
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Bob laughed evilly. The Hall was filled with students and instructors. Everyone seemed to have fun. Even Bob, who was doing nothing. He had small sacks of dungbombs on his hands. He gripped the sacks tighter. He floated around, as if he were swimming in air, and dropped the dungbombs.

Bob cackled and floated towards the staff table. His eyes quickly scanned the room, hoping to see which one of the students he hit with the dungbombs. He hovered above the head of Mühe's chair, which was empty at the moment, and watched the students having fun.
Bob
Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Ulric Wilhelm Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:51 am

It was the perfect reaction, a big grin and then a blush. Seffi was so beautiful, and this geisha outfit looked wonderful on her. He couldn't believe that she actually wanted to go on a picnic date with him. It made him feel so special, and he was excited to dance with her at this ball.

"You really like it?" Lars asked her, taking a short step and pulling one side of the cape to let it swoosh in the air. "Come now, hiding the face is part of the villainous effect in my opinion. Besides, I was always planning on coming over here, so you wouldn't have to guess." he told her.

"Now, would you like to dance Lady Dresner?" Lars questioned. He bowed, and held out his hand. If she took it, then they would dance.
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitra Diamante Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:32 pm

"Not that long really, its quite nice in fact." Dmitra too picked up a glass of butterbeer from the table and took a sip. Mmmm, warm. "And I know the feeling of being utterly bored, and trying your best not to look so. Thats why I figured I'd join you, I hope you don't mind?"

From the corner of her eye, Dmitra saw Vladimir looking at her and smirking. Dmitra scowled a bit. Bloody idiot. She turned her attention back to Christielle, "So, whatcha think about the tournament? Happy, competitive, angry, indifferent etc etc?"
Dmitra Diamante
Dmitra Diamante
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Christielle slightly chuckled. "I'm glad you like it," she said quietly. She took a few more sips of butterbeer. "Oh, no. I don't mind. It's really hard to appear not bored, but it can be obvious when you're just there, either standing alone or walking around like an idiot." she smirked.

She noticed that Dmitra scowled at someone. Must be the other guy from Mühe, who had been looking at her. Christielle looked back at Dmitra as she changed the topic. "Oh, the tournament. I haven't really been paying attention, honestly," she said, smirking, "But from certain parts I've paid attention to, I'd say it's really great. Usually gets me on the edge."

Taking another sip of butterbeer, she scanned the room. She saw Bob, the Poltergeist, hovering above the Mühe head's supposed chair. "Where are the other heads?" she thought.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitra Diamante Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:16 pm

"Gets you on the edge, huh? That's a good description." A thoughtful expression overcame Dmitra's face. "In fact, I guess that's exactly how I feel too. Except bundled with a lot more nervousness because of you know, participating in the tournament and all."

Then Dmitra watched Christielle's gaze dart over to the Teacher's Table. Following her gaze, Dmitra commented, "The other Heads are strangely absent, aren't they? Or maybe they're just disguised behind masks in the Hall."
Dmitra Diamante
Dmitra Diamante
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Ciero Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:08 am

Lucian walked into the hall, he was late due to some goddamn assignment that the Doctor had him do while he was off having fun in this party, he saw that the Durmstrang poltergeist Bob was here too and he wondered why the hand't come to any of the other balls, after all it was a prime place to cause mischeif.

Looking around Lucian smirked a little when he saw Aquila and walked over to her, she seemed to be talking to his fellow fourth year Vlad, he was a good guy and he had no qualms with him, unless of course he'd been giving Aquila trouble.

"Well hello." he said with a soft grin "Don't you look ravishing." Lucian asked Aquila before nodding at Vladimir "Hey there Vlad, nice costume, I came as myself, scary enough right?"
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Seffi Dresner Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:17 am

Seffi when she was asked to dance by Lars did not know what to say, she hoped that she would be able to dance as well as she had imagined she would at this moment in time but she knew that she would probably trip up and make herself look like a complete idiot.

Biting her lip she nodded her head nervously and held out her hand, hopefully she would be able to make sure that she didn't stand on Lars, at the very least.

"O-kay, I don't really know how to dance all that well though so, I might be really bad." she warned nervously.
Seffi Dresner
Seffi Dresner
Muhe Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Lars Ulric Wilhelm Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:19 am

Clearly Seffi was nervous, but Lars remembered when they had danced before. She had done a pretty good job, considering it was her first time. He had complete confidence in her. Seffi never saw how amazing she was, and sometimes needed reminding.

"Seffi, you are going to be fantastic. Just follow my lead, okay. Pretend we are alone, like when we danced on that day we met. You were great then, really, and you are going to be great now." Lars said, encouraging her. Then, he began to count aloud, and began to dance slowly.
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Lars Ulric Wilhelm
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next