Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't Fear The Reaper (OPEN)

2 posters

Go down

Don't Fear The Reaper (OPEN) Empty Don't Fear The Reaper (OPEN)

Post by Evangeline Webb Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:53 am

Evangeline kicked the handles on her bike down, to make sure that it wouldn't fall over as she hopped off it, and she placed the keys for the ignition in her pocket, it was one of those rare times that she was attending a kill in person, it was rather a personal event, and she knew that it was coming, so she arrived early for it.

Looking around the dank streets, Evangeline felt the heat beat down on her pale shoulders from the sun, it was strange to have such a hot day in England, but most of the time people would complain about the weather regardless of what it was like, sunny or raining.

It was then that Evangeline felt someone knock into her, and she realised that she must not have allowed herself to become invisible, like she normally did when she was waiting for a kill, so she turned around, her expression dead pan, to see who it was who had walked into her.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Don't Fear The Reaper (OPEN) Empty Re: Don't Fear The Reaper (OPEN)

Post by Cobalt Smith Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:46 am

Cobalt had been hearing some things about a woman with unique abilities, abilities similar to his own invisibility. She was said to not only have unique abilities but to also be unique. There was no one else like her because she wasn't properly human. Or so the little rumours went.

So when he saw someone matching the description that Richard had given him (after several drinks so that he was drunk enough to confess one of his greatest fears) he walked towards them. When he got close enough he nudged her gently with his shoulder before smiling as if it had been an accident,

"Oh hey! Sorry about that!" he told her before grinning and holding out his hand for her to shake, "Cobalt Smith. I've heard so much about you Miss Webb. Or is it Madam Webb?"
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:35 am

Evangeline blinked at the unsually cheerful man, after all people normally weren't happy to see her if they knew who she was and this man knew who she was because he used her name when he greeted her, the prefix 'Madam' grinded on her, far too formal for her to be used to.

Merely looking at his hand, Evangeline shifted her gaze up into his eyes and then back to the hand that he was holding out, taking it in her grip, she tilted it from side to side looking at it and then let it go.

"My name is Evangeline, and I already knew who you were Cobalt Smith." she stated before turning on her heel and walking a little ways down the alley way, closer to where the event was going to be occuring in a few moments time.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:39 am

Cobalt could tell that Evangeline didn't much care for the 'madam' title. So it seemed she was not a fan of spiderman. Go figure. Her body language was hard to read for some reason, almost like her body didn't move until she consciously moved it, but he was still able to tell that she disliked the title from the way she looked at him.

He watched, quietly amused, as she looked from his hand to his eyes and then back again. When she finally took his hand she didn't shake it she turned it over in her own, as if examining it. Cobalt blinked a few times before grinning,

"Ah so you know who I am!" he chuckled a little bit, following her and not really making any indication that they'd moved at all, "You've seen me around right? Well I have a few questions for you Evangeline... you wouldn't mind curing my curiousity would you?"
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:48 am

Evangeline tilted her head to one side and she closed her eyes, looking down the alleyway, she could tell that this was the place where it was going to happen, it was going to be something that was a rarity for Evangeline, a kill that she thought that the person actually deserved considering how much she detested death.

"Of course I know who you are, I've seen you 647 times after all, it's hard to forget a face that you see so many times in the past 18 years." she sighed gently, Cobalt Smith was a wetboy, and as such, it was his job to kill, making hers a lot harder than it would be.

Raising an eyebrow in her otherwise stoic expression, Evangeline tilted her head to one side and she asked, in a rather intereated tone;

"Well then you should ask them before I have to go, shouldn't you? I do not mind, if I don't want to answer I wont."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:58 am

Cobalt could tell that Evangeline was waiting for something. For something to happen or for someone to appear, he didn't know. At to be honest it probably wouldn't really matter to him anyway as it would be Evangeline's business and not his. Most likely,

"647 times you say? In the past 18 years? 647... I know that number... is it?" he asked before he paused for a few seconds and closed his eyes. He took a deep breath before answering his own question, "137 of those were innocents. 510 had sins worthy of being killed for. I remember the number."

Cobalt smiled slightly, rather more subdued now since he had been reminded of how many people he'd killed in the last 18 years. He nodded,

"A good philosophy. You'd be surprised how many people get offended by just a question without realising that they don't have to answer." he agreed before pausing, "They say that you can turn invisible. Is that true?"
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:04 am

Evangeline could tell that mentioning the number of people that CObalt had killed was possibly not a good move, however she knew that it was something that they couldn't get away from, she was death after all, she thought about all of those people a lot. Every face of the souls she collected she could remember with absolute clarity.

"That is 647 people too many for my liking." she stated, still fixing her gaze on the bricks straight ahead of her "I was there for every single one, and I like you, forget none of their faces, or how they died."

When she heard Cobalt ask her if she could turn invisible, and she blinked a little bit, it was a strange question out of all the things that could have been asked to a Reaper, but she didn;t mind answering it, it was easy after all.

"Yes I can. You can too, is that why you are interested?"
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:18 am

Cobalt shrugged a little bit. 647 people was a regrettable loss of life he knew but in the grand scheme of things it was just a drop in the ocean. Hell in just his lifetime and those he had killed before the 18 years she'd been here he'd killed thousands of people,

"Well I'm working hard so that there won't be a 648th person killed. Unless they really deserve it of course." he admitted before nodding, "The joys of a photographic memory huh?"

When she answered that she could, indeed, turn invisble like he could, Cobalt smiled a little bit. He nodded at her question,

"Partly I must admot." he to her, "I was wondering how you do it... is it just something innate you can do?"
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:24 am

Evangeline blinked a little bit when Cobalt told her that he found the photographic memory that they seemed to share, was something that was joyous, sometimes she thought that humans had the strangest sense of humor, before she realised that he was probably being sarcastic.

"Are you perhaps being sarcastic Cobalt?" she asked, her head tilted to one side as she wondered about what other human traits she still hard trouble recognising.

When Cobalt persued this train of conversation Evangeline decided that it was something that he must be personally interested in, and she would try to answer as best as she could;

"I have always been able to do it, so I would think that I would be able to do it because of the creature that I am." she answered in a slightly monotone voice.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:35 am

Seeing her confused at his casually sarcastic comment, Cobalt's eyes widened slightly when he considered that maybe Evangeline thought he was actually being serious. When she flat out asked him if he was being sarcastic he chuckled and nodded,

"Yeah I was being sarcastic. Just a bit of dark humour you know?" he admitted quietly, "But in all seriousness, it really haunts me sometimes."

He paused as he absorbed what she was telling him. So she could turn invisible as a part of what creature she was? Was a 'Reaper' even a type of creature or was she more human than she thought? He whistled slightly,

"Now that is truly rather inspiring, to know that you can use it just because of who you are." he told her with a grin before smirking, "Can you become intangible too?"
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:44 am

Evangeline blinked and she wondered why people had different senses of humour, it made it so much harder to tell what people were considering as a joke and what people weren't. With a small sigh Evangeline ran her hand through the tops of her mowhawk.

"I understand, I know that at times it effects me in the same manner, I suppose, that you and I are alike in more than one manner when you examine it." Evangeline mused, her expression still completely neutral however, not betraying one ounce of emotion.

Shaking her head, Evangeline let the corners of her mouth twitch up and she thought that only humans needed to make themselves intangable, it was very strange that he thought that it would be something beneficial.

"No, I do not need to, I merely move faster than any person could ever hope to. I enjoy it."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:06 am

Cobalt was very aware that Evangeline was more than slightly confused about his sense of humour. It was odd that she hadn't seemed to have figured that out yet but had figured out other stuff. The action with her hair, running her fingers over the top of it, was a reflex that hinted to her small amount of frustration regarding her lack of knowledge,

"We're alike in some way you say?" he chuckled a little bit and nodded his head slightly. He could understand that he supposed. Of course reading her was like reading a rock so he wasn't sure how sincere she had been when she'd spoken. If at all.

When her mouth twitched upwards ever so slightly Cobalt caught it because he had been looking for it. Seemed that even a rock would react in some cases. When she spoke of her speed he raised an eyebrow,

"You really move that fast? Do you use magic to do it?"
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:16 am

Evangeline blinked, she had thought that Cobalt would have known what she was talking about, after all he was an intelligent man, and he was someone who knew what the effects of witnessing so many deaths could do to a person, and he had lived long enough to see those effects on himself and those around him.

"Of course, both of us have photographic memories, both of us have seen many deaths, of course, I have never inflicted the pain of death upon somebody before, that is where we differ." she hummed.

Seeing that he seemed to be even more intrigued when she told him about her ability to move faster than humans could ever hope to move, even with magic in their veins, Evangeline came to the conclusion that it was a natural human reaction.

"No, I can do it because it is how I was born, it is in my abilities to move that quickly, I do not believe I have any magic as wizards do."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:24 am

Cobalt had considered how the two of them could have been alike but the truth was he hadn't liked the idea of why that she had provided him with. He didn't like to be reminded that he remembered every single kill he'd ever made. And he'd made a heck of a lot of them in his long time. He nodded,

"Yes all of those points are true. I guess after a while death seems almost unremarkable... which is sad." he admitted before chuckling lightly, sadly, "Ah taking the life... oh that's much worse if I do say so. You remember the sights but they come with the feelings too."

When she told him that it was not due to any magic wizards could use, but due to her body and her race, he pouted. Super speed would be really helpful at times. He frowned slightly,

"Can you use magic to make you even faster if you wanted to?"
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:32 am

Evangeline blinked gently and she hoped that Cobalt was not trying to tell her that just because she didn't know all of the feelings that came with killing, that was hardly something that she was going to be ashamed of, having never killed a living person, or a living being, human or otherwise.

"I am proud to have never taken a life, you don't like the feelings? Simply stop doing the act, humans and their lack of logic astounds me sometimes." she whispered to herself, but loud enough for Cobalt to be able to hear her.

With a few seconds delay, Evangeline answered the question that Cobalt put to her, it was a simple answer in her opinion however, she had simply no need to do such a thing.

"I do not need to go faster, so why would I bother learning something that I do not need to use?"
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:46 am

Cobalt was envious of Evangeline in a way. He'd much rather have only witness killings as opposed to having committed them. However he would rather not remember the deaths at all if he could help it. Death was something he didn't like. He'd never liked it. Hell, Cobalt was afraid of death. He was, on some level, immortal but one thing he feared was dying and being judged,

"And so you should be. It is a great and noble thing to avoid the path of blood." he told her before chuckling a little bit, "I have stopped. Doesn't mean I don't feel the feelings in the middle of the night."

Cobalt pouted a little bit before shrugging. He guessed it was true. Why would she need to go faster if there was no need to? Necessity was the mother of invention, not the complacency she had in her speed,

"Oh well... so no way that I could learn it?"
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:57 am

Evangeline resisted the urge to sigh gently, she had known that Cobalt had been killing for a long time and there was something that she had been meaning to ask humans like him for a very long time, so she thought since he was asking questions of her, she would do the same thing.

"Why did you do it? If you do not like the feelings, you do not like the memories, why did you continue to do it? That is the human behaviour that baffles me, you do things to harm you, you know will harm you, yet do them regardless."

Raising an eyebrow Evangeline turned and looked at Cobalt square in the eyes;

"The power of the reaper is something that nobody can learn, however, even if I could teach you why would I? You have made nothing but work for me, and you would have one of my powers."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:08 am

Cobalt could tell that something was bothering Evangeline about what he'd said. But then again she might have just been thinking anything at all. It was like reading a rock after all. He just had to wait until she decided to reveal something on her own. When she asked him he raised an eyebrow,

"A very personal question but alright. I did it to keep people away from me. The kind of people who would want what I protect are afraid of death. What better way to keep them from getting what they want than by becoming an instrument of death?" he asked her quietly before shrugging, "I wish I'd chosen a different path and I'm changing now."

He shrugged a little bit, not batting an eyelash at the way she casually dismissed his request,

"It was a thought alone Evangeline. I didn't ask you to teach me it now did I?" he shrugged, "Besides, you'll not get anymore work from me for an impossible number of years. Then you can collect me."
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:16 am

Evangeline did not know that the question was personal, and ti did not really matter to her if it was, if he wanted to answer the question then he would, if he did not then he would not. Hearing his ideas as to why he continued killing, Evangeline blinked.

"Why not simply give them what you have, and then allow them to fight off hordes of people who also want the object, unless you yourself like you admitted are keeping the device to stave off your own judgement."

Humming to herself Evangeline thought this would make sense, and this was probably the underlying reason that Cobalt had kept the thing that he was speaking about, of which she had some idea.

"No you did not, however you could have asked another person about a reapers powers, not myself directly, and so I assumed that you were interested in pawning more powers for yourself." she stated, not meaning any offence.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down