Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking the silence (Jack and Eva)

2 posters

Go down

Breaking the silence (Jack and Eva) Empty Breaking the silence (Jack and Eva)

Post by Jack Irvine Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:41 am

Jack sat on the log in the middle of the clearing, waiting for Evangeline to arrive. He was playing with a hunting knife, spinning and flipping it around his fingers happily. While he had promised Evangeline that he would try to stop killing, he still found playing with his knives with both relaxing and rather fun.

Flinging the knife to your ground, he twitched his fingers. A set of strings attached to the handle of the knife brought it back up to his hand. Chuckling, he repeated this over and over again. Hopefully he'd be able to use it in a fight.
Jack Irvine
Jack Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Breaking the silence (Jack and Eva) Empty Re: Breaking the silence (Jack and Eva)

Post by Evangeline Webb Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:09 am

Evangeline decided that instead of simply appearing she would fade in and let Jack know that she was going to be coming into the clearing, she found that although it was fun to scare others, it was not so pleasant to scare Jack, she did not want him to find her scary.

So, she appeared at the edge of the clearing, fading slowly into reality and she stepped down onto the earthy ground inhaling the smell of pine needles, it was a smell that Evangeline loved, it was so peaceful and it smelt of the human festival Christmas.

"Greetings Jack." she smirked, with a small wave, her hair was as it usually was when she was with Jack, down in it's poker straight black state, not it's mowhawk, which was getting more and more troublesome for Eva to create.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Breaking the silence (Jack and Eva) Empty Re: Breaking the silence (Jack and Eva)

Post by Jack Irvine Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:24 am

Jack was twirling his knife around on a fingertip when he saw something out of the corner of his eye. Gripping his knife tightly, Jack turned to see what it was before he grinned and dropped his knife to the ground. It seemed that Evangeline had decided to give him something of a warning for when she appeared. When she was completely solid again he grinned and waved to her,

"Nice te see yer Eva!" he greeted her happily before grinning wider, joking, "Welcome te me secre' grove!"

Chuckling a little bit he, patted a space on the log next to him,

"Take a sea' Eva." he offered her before smiling wider, "It's bee' so long since I've bee' close te yer.
Jack Irvine
Jack Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:37 am

Evangeline felt that wonderful surge of happiness now that she was in the presence of Jack, and she felt more animated than she had been beforehand, the conversations with other members of the human race playing heavily on her mind.

"You secret grove?" she asked, tilting her head from side to side, it certainly seemed to be secluded, but she wondered how secret it really was "Why did you decide to share your secret with me?"

Seeing that he wanted her to sit next to him, Evangeline shook her head, sending the loose strands of hair flying gently and she sat down on his knee instead of sitting on the hard log.

"Your lap is softer and it means that I am closer to you than I would be on the log. I have missed you Jack." she stated, the last part very sad as she thought about being without him.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Irvine Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:46 am

Jack smiled happily when Evangeline walked towards him. Her walk changed as she went along though. It went from stiff and uniform to lighter and seemed to have a slight spring in it,

"Ah maybe it's no' so much a secre' considerin' people know abou' it." he admitted with a laugh. When she asked him why he shared the secret with her he smiled at her, "Why tha's simple Eva. I trus' yer. More tan I trus' jus' abou' anyone else. I wan' yer te know all tha' yer can abou' me so yer can decide if yer still wan' te be wit' me."

When she shook her head he was a little concerned that she didn't want to sit by him but when she sat down on his knee he grinned and wrapped his arms around her in a hug,

"Well ten yer can stay on me lap fer as long as yer like." he told her happily, rubbing his nose against hers, "I've missed yer te Eva... no' been te same wit'ou' yer Eva..."
Jack Irvine
Jack Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:51 am

Evangeline smiled gently at Jack, the only person she had ever properly smiled at, she knew that she would never leave him, at least, not unless he broke his promise to her that he was going to stop killing people and start becoming a better all around person.

"I would like to know more about you Jack, I do not know very much about your personal past, apart from the people that you have killed as you grew older and that is not interesting." she decreed, looking up into his eyes intently.

Nuzzling noses was something that although Evangeline did not understand, she enjoyed immensely, it was a sweet human gesture that indicated love, and affection, she wanted both of these things very badly in her life, and Jack gave her them.

"I shall stay on your lap until it begins to get uncomfortable." she stated with a small nod "What have you been doing without me Jack, have you been keeping our promise?"
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Irvine Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:08 am

When Evangeline smiled, Jack felt his heart seemingly jump in his chest. A warm feeling spread through his entire body from his heart, which was beating slightly faster. She made him want to be a better man and he was trying to be even now,

"Well all yer ever hav te do is ask an' I'll tell yer wha' yer wan' te know." he told her before chuckling, "Me personal pas' eh? Well me an' James were taken in by Father Donald wen we were lef' on te church steps. A lovely man te be sure. Taught us how te be goo' christian boys."

He could tell that Evangeline liked it when they nuzzled their noses together by the way that her smile seemed warmer. Jack wanted nothing more than to show her his affection and love,

"Alrigh' ten... mind yerself if yer star' te get poked." he teased her with a wink before he sobered up slightly, "Yer I've no' killed anyone since we las' met up actually. Bee' doin' some tricks like te one wit' te knife but tha's all. You bee' doin' much?"
Jack Irvine
Jack Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:21 am

Evangeline nodded her head and she listened to all of the things that Jack told her about his past, and then she blinked when he mentioned the religion Christianity, and she frowned gently, this was something that didn't make sense to her at all...she was only aware of the basics of the religion however.

"Jack, I have some queries, at what age were you left on the steps of the church? Also, Christianity is a religion that goes against the killing of humans, correct? Why did you kill so many people, surely this would not conform to what you were taught?"

Hearing the confirmation that Jack had not killed anyone since they last met, Evangeline smiled gently and she placed a soft kiss on Jack's lips, gently stroking his temple, and the hair that lay by there.

"I am most pleased to hear that Jack, I have....had many humans seeking me out recently, I am very worried about this, they keep asking for my aid with their problems."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Irvine Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:28 am

Jack was slightly caught up in his memories. The Father had been kind but firm with both him and James and in no time at all they'd looked to him as if he was their biological father. The Father had welcomed that, since he couldn't have children of his own. He smiled,

"Ask away ten Eva, I'mma tell yer everyting yer wan' te know!" he assured her before shrugging, "Te Father said we were abou't two months old. As fer te killin... Te Father was a militant pries'. He liked te tink tha' we shoul' smite te sinners fer Te Father, Te Son and Te Holy Ghos'."

It had been rather hard to avoid killing people when you considered how many enemies he had but Jack had stayed true to his word. The kiss was beautiful and it made his heart soar when as his hand cupped Evangeline's cheek gently,

"More people bee' tryin' te see yer?" he paused for a moment, "Do tey ask yer questions abou' yer job an' tings?"
Jack Irvine
Jack Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:35 am

Evangeline did not think that this made very much sense, a priest wanted to kill people in the army, and the sinners that they were talking about probably changed with each war that they fought, which was very hypocritical when she thought about it.

Of course she did not want to tell Jack that, it would be insulting the adopted father that he had.

"I see," she whispered gently "Is it nice to have a parent, even if they aren't the biological versions that you would have liked to have had?" As, never having a parent herself, Evangeline did not know what it was like to have a person so close to you.

Nuzzling her head into his hand Evangeline closed her eyes and gently kissed Jack's skin; "Yes they have been asking me al sorts of oddities, Cobalt Smith asked about my travelling abilities and Marcus Umec asked about my relationship with death."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Irvine Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:40 am

Jack knew that The Father had been a hypocrite. As soon as he and James had been old enough to really think about it they found that their adoptive father was more than a little bit off kilter. But they had grown to love him so they couldn't just throw away everything that he had ever taught them. Instead they had let him train them in order to fight the ones that were real threats; vampires who killed without thought and werewolves to name just too. To protect those without magic from those with,

"It was at some poin's." he admitted with a small smile before it turned into a small frown, "Other times it's not so goo'. After all, it's annoyin' as hell wen yer have te be tol' wha' te do so often. An' he wasn't gentle or anyting."

When Evangeline kissed his skin lightly, Jack couldn't help the little happy noise he made. He nuzzled her neck, kissing her soft skin happily,

"Mmmm tey're curious abou' tings tha' tey have no understandin' o'." he summed up before frowning, "Does it bother yer?"
Jack Irvine
Jack Irvine
British Rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:46 am

Evangeline bit her lip gently, a human sign of anxiety she believed and she hoped that she would be able to tell Jack exactly what she was thinking at the moment, she had always wondered about parents, maybe she had parents and she just didn't know?

"I wish that I would have had some parents, I feel like I am missing out on having a key part of human life, without at least a reason why I was born...if I was even born." she sighed gently.

Hearing the happy little noise that Jack made when she kissed his skin and she bent her lips to his once more and kissed his lips properly, wondering if he would make the same happy sound that he had done just before. She liked the sound coming from him.

"It does bother me a little bit...however I am glad to have met more people, humans are rather strange creatures...they seem to defy all logic."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down