Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with a minister (Chris and Marcus)

2 posters

Go down

Interview with a minister (Chris and Marcus) Empty Interview with a minister (Chris and Marcus)

Post by Shekel Umec Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:22 am

Marcus was a little bit nervous, waiting outside the Minister's office with his pad and his pen because this was the first time he'd ever interviewed a minister. Of course it was Christopher Rubin, the man affectionately referred to as the 'grandfather' of politics, but it was still an intimidating title.

He coughed awkwardly when the secretary gave him a glare. The woman had been glaring at him ever since he'd asked for her age as part of the introduction to his article by referencing her. Apparently it was never a good idea to ask a woman's age, even when you were a reporter. The waiting was beginning to get to him though as it provided more time to think about Charlie. He didn't want that. Not right now. Not when he was about to do the most important interview of his career.
Shekel Umec
Shekel Umec
Creature

Back to top Go down

Interview with a minister (Chris and Marcus) Empty Re: Interview with a minister (Chris and Marcus)

Post by Christopher Rubin Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:30 am

Christopher knew that he was going to be interviewed by a promising young reporter called Marcus Umec, as such he had read some of his articles in preperation, and he had interviewed a very large mix of people, however he noted that most of them had in fact been ladies, he smiled warmly and couldn't help but chuckle when he thought that Marcus might be a little bit of a ladies man.

Looking at the time he stood up from his desk and wandered over to the door to his office, opening it with a small tug, Christopher peered out and saw the reporter, Marcus, he certainly wasn't what he had expected and it made him beam his happy smile as he walked out to the man holding his hand out ready for him to shake when they met.

"Ah Mr, Umec, such a pleasure to meet you. Shall we move into my office?" he asked with a kindly tone to his voice, before ushering the young man into the office that he had just come out of hoping to spare him the further gaze from his secretary who didn't seem best impressed with him.

"Would you like any refreshments? he asked with a soft smile, gesturing to the tray of tea, coffee and cakes that he had summoned for the pair of them.
Christopher Rubin
Christopher Rubin
Minister For Magic

Back to top Go down

Interview with a minister (Chris and Marcus) Empty Re: Interview with a minister (Chris and Marcus)

Post by Shekel Umec Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:36 am

When the door opened to the Minister's office Marcus was busy being glared at again so the sound of the door opening actually shocked him enough that he jumped slightly. Cheeks flushed in embaressment, Marcus stood up quickly and shook Chris' hand enthusiastically,

"Ah Minister Rubin! The pleasure is all mine sir." he greeted the man nervously, trying to smile as much as possible to seem less so, "Yes! Yes I think that would be for the best..."

He sighed a slight sigh of relief as soon as he was in the room with Chris. At least now that damned secretary wasn't going to be glaring at him. At the offer of refreshments he smiled happily and sat down,

"I'll have a cup of tea if you don't mind." he told him before smirking, "I am British after all."
Shekel Umec
Shekel Umec
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Rubin Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:41 am

Christopher chuckled lightly when he saw that Marcus was going to be his sort of boy, which was a tea drinker, exactly like himself, he did prefer tea to coffee but he couldn't deny that coffe was a life saver when it came to staying up late for meetings or when he had a lot of legislation to look over. Sitting down at his desk, Christopher smiled gently and picked up the teapot, pouring the brewed earl grey into two cups he passed the cup to Marcus.

"Here you are Mr. Umec, feel free to add lemon they are in that bowl right there." he smiled softly before continuing "And please do feel free to call me Chrisopher, because I still haven't gotten used to being called Minister, it makes me shudder a little." he chuckled lightly taking a sip of his own tea while he waited for Marcus to set himself up in his office and make himself comfortable enough to still his nerves a little.

"I hope that I am going to be a pleasant enough interview for you I haven't had a proper one in a long time, what questions are you intending to ask me, purely business or mixed?" Christopher asked.
Christopher Rubin
Christopher Rubin
Minister For Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekel Umec Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:02 am

Marcus was so very glad that the Minister had tea available because if he hadn't have done then he would have offered some iced tea from a stored thermos. He wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea of letting the minister for magic drink from a thermos. Taking the cup thankfully, Marcus dropped in two sugar cubes and stirred,

"Thank you Minister Rubin but even with Early Grey I prefer my tea like I prefer life... light and sweet." he told the minister with a smile before smiling a little wider, "Very well then Christopher. I would hope to make you comfortable while I interview you after all."

Marcus flipped open his notepad after setting the tea down. He immediately began jotting things down,

"Well Christopher I was hoping for a mix of business and personal life. Give my readers something of an overview of you as a person as well as a minister." he told Christopher before nodding to himself, "Just some simple ones to start off with please. What is your full name? Age? And place of birth please."
Shekel Umec
Shekel Umec
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down