Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweet Indulgences (Dorian and Aria)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sweet Indulgences (Dorian and Aria) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sweet Indulgences (Dorian and Aria)

Post by Aria Song Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Aria raised her brow at his question, surprised at the compliment.

"Thank you"

She merely sipped her glass her smile barely hidden behind it. It was new to hear compliments and she lowered her gaze a bit. In school, she was always ignored, always was the "freak"of her class, but then again she was used to it.

Now, she was used to being different, she accepted it and even pushed anything that wasn't what she needed in her life. But all in all, hearing him compliment her made her feel a bit different. He was normal, normal as can be, but so different.

At his question, she let out a sigh and nodded.

"I have two brothers, Jules and Alec, both older than me, and both successes in their own fashion. They work under the ministry as Aurors." she rolled her eyes just thinking about them. "They're perfect in ever possible way."

Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Sweet Indulgences (Dorian and Aria) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sweet Indulgences (Dorian and Aria)

Post by Dorian Todd Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Dorian couldn't help the slow grin appearing on his face. He'd known enough women to know when they were used to attention or not. It was in their eyes. Aria's showed complete surprise. While he wasn't surprised, given her aversion of people in general, it still didn't sit right with him. She was an intelligent, beautiful woman, and should be treated as such.

But her talk about her family connected some dots. Dorian was an only child, so had received his parent's full attention. But he'd known friends from school who had similar situations to Aria's, being stuck as the middle or youngest, and pushed to the background.

Continuing with the meal, he looked back at her occasionally. "I've heard of them. Never actually met though." Not that it really mattered, but figured she'd rather know if they worked together or not.

He focused on stirring the gnocci into the soup, afraid to look directly at Aria when he said, "They can't be more perfect than you. Not possible."
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Aria snorted and finished her drink at his comment. Of course he's heard of them, everyone had heard of the damn bastards in the Ministry. She loathed them, how they could perfectly fly under the radar, be admired and loved, while they were asked why they had such a 'freak' as a baby sister.

Her loathing soon disappeared at his comment, simply because she wouldn't understand where he was coming from. Why could they not be more perfect? Society had thought it so, she was different, it was obvious, but she couldn't read into what he said. He wasn't looking at her.

She bit her bottom lip and stayed quiet not really understanding what this meant.

"You've already put me in a pedestal" it wasn't a question. She sighed and looked down at the glass. "Don't, I'd hate to disappoint."
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Dorian heard her reaction. He wasn't sure what it was to, but let it go for now. Testing the stew, he added some more spices and set the lid on it to cook for a few more minutes.

Seeing her set her empty glass down, he moved to refill it for her. He wasn't going to begrudge her drinking. From what it sounded like, she'd had a tiring day with her family. He almost missed the glass in pouring when he heard her soft comment.

His anger flared up. Not at her, but at the people that would beat her esteem so far down that she would say things like this. Setting the bottle on the counter, trying not to shatter it, he moved around the island to her.

He took her hands in his bringing on up to brush his fingers of her knuckles. Looking her in the eyes, he spoke honestly. "Just be you, Aria. Do that, and you'll never disappoint me." He didn't know her as well as he'd hope, but something in her called to him, and he'd be damned if he let her think so little of herself.
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Aria was surprised at the sudden shift in the room. He seemed to just drop everything in one go and she even jumped as he put the bottle down firmly.

Moving towards her she bit back a sigh. He had no idea what she was capable of, her sharp tongue, her carelessness, her coldness, but here he was telling her to be herself. She would have laughed, had it been appropriate, but that wasn't the case.

"You don't know me" she whispered. "you think so highly of me that you overlook the negative aspects. You know I can be cold, heartless and rude. But I'm imperfect, you, you need to not put me so highly in your view"

She tentatively squeezed his hands and looked at him sincerely. This was as close to a caress than she'd ever try to give, and she felt a bit sick at it being under this circumstance.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:18 pm

Dorian felt a pain in his chest. He'd overstepped. Probably ruined any chance he had with her. He sighed inwardly. This was exactly why he never let anyone in. He was good with the wining and dining. But terrible at an actual relationship, which is what he really wanted.

Fighting his bodies urge to engulf her and kiss her worries away, he simply looked down at their hands.

"I've seen that side, love. Remember?" That feisty attitude was what pulled him in to begin with. He'd been surprised to feel something more for her after spending time together. She'd changed from a possible fun one night off to someone he couldn't stop thinking about.

Lifting his gaze to hers, he tried to make her understand. "I haven't run yet."
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Aria wondered what was so interesting about their hands, after all he kept staring at them. She looked down to notice them, and realized that her hands were small and pale compared to his. She squeezed his hands softly.

She smile softly as he said this, it was true, she was the rudest person out there to him and yet there he was, still being kind to her. She appreciated greatly.

"You're right" she whispered softly.

Leaning up she remembered something her mother would do to her father. Moving up she kissed his cheek softly.

"Thank you"
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Dorian didn't realize until a few seconds after Aria's kiss that he'd been holding his breath. He'd frozen to the spot, shocked as hell. Her initiating contact was something he hadn't expected, and it scared him a little. Why? To go from afraid of contact to kissing him on the cheek...what had changed?

He tried not to let his mind move too fast with all the 'what if's of her action. It was almost as hard as it was to hold back his baser need to kiss the daylights out of her. Almost...

The smell of the stew reached him through his haze and he knew it was done. He let one of his hands stroke her cheek softly before he moved away, not wanting her to think it was a reaction to her kiss. He used the distraction of putting the finishing touches on their meal to rally himself together.

He spooned a portion in each bread bowl, grating fresh Parmesan cheese on top. Setting two plates down at the island, he slid in next to her. "Basel Gnocci and Chicken. Hope you like it."
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Aria felt him tense up at her actions and pulled back. Had she done something wrong? She furrowed her brow and looked up at him confused as to what she did wrong. Was it the wrong time?

Her gaze followed him as he let her go. She didn't say anything, instead watching him plate the food. She did take comfort in his light touch before he had moved away, but was that how friendship worked? She had no idea.

Was this a friendship? Rhian fed her too, so what was so different about this? She didn't know. Her lips twitched as she saw the bowl placed in front of her. She looked over and noticed he was eating beside her. A ghost of a smile appeared as she took a spoonful. It was warm, and delicious. She made a small noise of content and turned to face him once more.

"I love it" she murmured.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Dorian took a sip of wine, trying to clear the depressing thoughts away. He didn't want them now, not with Aria here. He wanted to be in the moment. Digging in to his own food his lips twitched into a small smile at the memories it brought. When his mum would actually cook the muggle way, just for the novelty of it, and to have bonding time with Dorian.

He looked over at Aria in time to see her reaction to the food. Smiling, he couldn't help the warmth spreading through his chest. It was...nice, to share this with someone. Sure, women had been to his place before. But never like this.

His mind wandered back to earlier in the shop, a thought gnawed at him. "I would make it for you more often if it meant you wouldn't go days without eating." It wasn't that he didn't respect her decisions as a grown woman. But he didn't like the idea of her harming herself in such a way, even unintentionally.
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Aria blew on the spoonful, before sipping the food. It reminded her of Alfred and how he would lovingly cook a meal for her family as a child. And Nellie her maid who told her it was simple chemistry.

She was in the midst of another spoonful when she heard him say those words. She turned to look at him surprised. Would he actually do something like that? Is that what friends did? Because if they did then Rhian was a terrible friend.

"Don't worry about me" she said licking her lips in nervousness. "I-I manage to eat. I only forget to eat if extremely busy in the lab."
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Dorian ate in silence for a few minutes, unsure of how to respond. She was a grown woman, it wasn't like she would take it so far as to starve herself to death. But he couldn't help but wonder how much better she would feel and work if she didn't do that to herself.

Finishing off his plate, he stood to put it in the sink. As he rinsed it and moved to put the left overs away, he sighed. Maybe he was pushing himself farther into the friend zone than he'd ever been before. It wasn't something he was used to, but he wanted more with Aria.

He decided to take advantage of the holiday and go out on a limb. With a hint of wandless magic, soft jazz music filled the room. Since it looked like Aria was finished too, he moved over to where she was seated, offering his hand.

"Will you dance with me again, love?"
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Aria was happy to be eating a good meal, there were only so many bags of crisps that she could handle before she was done with food in general. The only time she had dealt with a big appetite was after the drug came into her system. Her appetite would increase and she would end up eating anything only to be sick the next morning.

It was different now, food made her feel lethargic, and it did limit her from really doing anything, or run around as she pleased. Rhian would many time object to all these things, but then again, she was a grown woman and did as she pleased in her stubborn manner.

She wasn't expecting his question, and looked at him surprised at his suggestion. Her cheeks flushed a bit at how it had been the previous meeting. She looked down at her bowl and dropped the spoon on the side before turning to face him once more. Dancing showed her imperfections, her lack of rhythm and her fear of intimacy, but before she could even let logic take over it seemed she'd already answered.

"Yes"
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Something within Dorian relaxed. He knew how to do this. How to romance a woman, nevermind the fact that they were in his kitchen. It was a safer zone than sharing a home-cooked meal.

He let out a slow smirk as he tugged softly on her hand to bring her towards him. It felt wonderful to be this close to her again. He felt the rapidly familiar tension in the way she held herself now, in such close proximity. But it was charming. It reminded him that she was herself, not some saucy bint he'd picked up for a random one-nighter.

As the music lulled into a slow swing, he gave her a little more space than he wanted to. She was opening up more, that was certain, but she still had that beautifully skiddish way about her at times.

Trying to keep her mind off of how close he was, he asked softly, "So what's your favorite kind of music?"
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Aria let him tug her towards him, as if she had little control over herself. Her shoulders were lifted a bit, in tension at the fact that she would be so close to him again.

She looked towards him the moment the music began to play. He towered over her more, but she found herself to be comforted in a surprising manner. She smiled softly and forced herself to relax as he held her close.

"I love classical" she murmured softly. "And you?"
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Dorian chuckled at her answer. Of course she would prefer classical. Classical music made sense, for the most part. It followed rules, and usually, it was good. Otherwise it wouldn't have survived for so long, now would it?

He felt her relax and took the opportunity to move a little closer, resting his forehead lightly to hers, letting the soft sounds flow over them. "I like a lot of different things. But jazz has to be my favorite."

Being this close, he could pick up small hints of her shampoo and other scents. He wasn't sure if it was perfume or left over smells from her potions. Either way, he liked it. Closing his eyes to memorize them, he hummed softly to the melody.
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Aria's cheeks flushed as he pressed himself closer to her. She could feel his scent engulf her and she closed her eyes. Feeling him press his forehead to hers was comforting, she felt safe, but she couldn't help but flush a bit.

"Hmm" she made the noise agreeing to him mentioning jazz.

She smiled even more as she heard him hum to the music. She placed her hands softly on his chest and relaxed letting him lead her. It was new, frightening but exhilarating .
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Todd Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Dorian enjoyed the contact, having pretty much shut himself away for the weeks since he'd met Aria. Sure, women had caught his fancy from time to time, but that usually meant going on more than one date. Maybe a weekend get away. But never anything more.

As he tried to pull himself back into the moment, he felt her hands move and was sure she'd be able to feel his quickening heart. Well, hell. Might as well.

Keeping his eyes closed, he took the leap. "Aria. May I kiss you?"
Dorian Todd
Dorian Todd
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Aria felt her eyes open immediately as she heard his question. Would she really want to deal with even more human contact than ever before? She knew that a human mouth had thousands of bacteria, but at the moment most of those facts were fleeting.

Kisses were a sign of being fancied by another, by trying to hold a connection to another, that itself was a bit heavy on her shoulders, but as she stared up she noticed something. He was avoiding eye contact, he was nervous.

"Yes" she whispered softly.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2