Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Home

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Going Home Empty Going Home

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:42 am

Pxyis sighed as she sat in her apartment, looking wistfully out the window to where she could distantly see Hogwart's. She hadn't joined the others in whatever compartments they were in, but instead sat by herself and wallowed in self-pity.

She couldn't stand everyone's excited talk about going home and seeing each other in the holidays and their families. To Pxyis, going home was a chore. Her parents were never home, and when they were they didn't talk to her, for they held no love in their hearts for her.

Pxyis could feel the tears in her eyes, and there was no one about, so she let them fall. Her head rested against the chair as she cried. She really, really didn't want to go home. She wanted to stay at Hogwart's with her friend and have fun, and not sit around whilst her nanny/maid cleaned everything. Even wandering the gardens was boring.

Back to top Go down

Going Home Empty Re: Going Home

Post by Parker Emery Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:45 am

Parker was making his way through the train, eyes downcast, only barely glancing in some of the compartments. Filled with friends, happy to be going home. He took a deep breath, having been dreading the train ride for the longest time. He wished he could have stayed at Hogwarts, but with the events that had happened, he wasn't so sure. It certainly wasn't safe.

He'd not really talked to anyone as of late, and was considering spending the time to find an empty compartment so he could think in peace. 'Home' was the last of places he wanted to be, with his parents never there, when they were the constant arguing, the obnoxious bullies in his neighborhood that would be wondering where he went...

He glanced up when he thought he saw an empty compartment, reaching his hand to the handle. But he saw Pxyis. He stopped for a moment, contemplating if he should enter. Perhaps she wanted to be alone too, though he knew if he didn't spend these last moments with her before they split for the summer, he'd regret it.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:32 am

Pxyis looked up in surprise when the compartment door slid open, and she saw Parker. She was confused for a moment as to why he looked so upset, perhaps it was her? Pxyis felt her face slip into a frown. Was he mad at her because she hadn't tried harder to protect him in the war?

"Hi Parker." Pxyis greeted, looking down at her hands which were in her lap. "Err... how are you?" She asked, for the first time feeling awkward in his presence. She felt bad, she hadn't tried hard enough to protect him and now he was mad at her. Tears welled up in her eyes and she silently let them fall.

Pxyis couldn't help it, she looked up with tears falling down her cheeks at him and sighed. "Are you mad at me?" She asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:49 am

When he entered the compartment and took the seat across from her, he noticed her frown. Maybe this was a bad idea. Was she upset that he'd abandoned her during the battle? Even though she tried to comfort him about it otherwise right after it happened, he still couldn't shake it from his mind. He felt guilty for his selfishness. She could have been hurt and he'd not have been there to try to help her.

He looked out the window, sighing, and feeling the tenseness settle between them. When did that happen? "Err... how are you?" He wished he could say he was fine. He couldn't outright lie to her though. She didn't deserve that. He was dreading everything for the coming summer, he felt himself growing paranoid that other attacks would happen any moment, he felt himself retreating back into his shell for the impending hell of home. "I'm dealing..." he managed to say, still looking away and not noticing her silent tears.

When she sighed and asked, "Are you mad at me?" He looked up, caught in surprise by her question and her crying. Mad? What on earth would he be mad at her for? He looked at her, concerned. "What? Wh-why would I be mad??" He then moved from sitting across from her to next her to, putting his hand on her shoulder to try to comfort her.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:09 pm

Pxyis was hurt by his retreating back into his shell, and hesitance in not telling her what he was thinking. She knew she shouldn't expect any better, she was a terrible friend. When he asked her why he would be mad, she was confused again.

Warmth spread through her when his hand rested on her shoulder, and she wiped at her tears. "For not trying to protect you. I lost you in that crowd, and Parker im sorry. I did look for you, but I got scared and ran with Salina and Corinne. I'm sorry I was a bad friend." Pxyis said in a tone that wall full of shame for herself.

Pxyis looked down at her lap again and then looked up into his eyes. "Parker, do you want to go home?" She could feel the awkwardness ebbing away, for his hand on her shoulder showed that he wasn't THAT mad at her. She really wished he didn't have to stay at home, for she knew of his troubles with his parents and bullies. Her lip curled as she thought about those bullies. How dare they hurt her Parker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:29 pm

"You would have found me if I hadn't run away like a coward. I left you to be hurt- you've reason to be mad at me, not the other way round, Pxyis." He watched as she wiped her eyes and looked down.

When she looked up again, asking him, "Parker, do you want to go home?" He sighed and looked down shaking his head. "No, I don't." He looked at her again. "I'm guessing you don't either..." He knew both of them didn't have much to go home too, nor anything to do once there and just wished they had somewhere else they could go to that was safe.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Pxyis realised that she must've misinterpreted his look for something else, because instantly she didn't feel awkward anymore, and she tugged him down next to her. "I thought you were upset with me when you walked in. It's okay." She hugged him tightly, and left one arm draped over his shoulders.

At his sigh, she frowned. "No, I don't want to go home. And if those bullies give you any trouble, send me an owl. I'll give them a piece of my mind." She said in a joking, non-joking voice. She really didn't like the thought of anyone picking Parker, so what he was different? So what, he was a bit shy and reserved? Lot's of people were like that. But, bullies never needed a reason. They saw a kid who was a bit different and picked on them.

"Okay, im not really joking. Seriously, I hate bullies." Pxyis said with a frown, but then she smiled. "Let's not talk about bad things. Although, there's not much to talk about to be honest. Lot's of bad stuff has happened lately. The dance was a disaster. Poor Briony." Pxyis sighed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:26 pm

He hugged her back, just as tightly. "Well I'm not upset with you." He looked at her as she kept her arm draped over his shoulders.

"Don't worry about them, there's nothing either of us can do. The best I can hope is that they'll get bored with me one day." He tried to give her a reassuring smile that he would be just fine.

"Let's not talk about bad things. Although, there's not much to talk about to be honest. Lot's of bad stuff has happened lately. The dance was a disaster. Poor Briony." He sighed and nodded. "Yeah, let's come up with something else to talk about..."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:52 pm

"Good." She said, laughing softly as he looked at her. She felt much better, but the dread of going home was still there.

Pxyis growled when he said there was nothing they could do. A plan formed in her mind, and she smirked at Parker devilishly. "Where do you live exactly?" Pxyis asked cheekily, winking at him. She knew he wouldn't give her the adress at all, but she decided that it was worth a try.

She thought about what to talk about, but her mind was just filled with bad topics. With a sigh, she brushed her hair out of her face and withdrew her arm, resting her head on his shoulder instead. "What do you plan on doing in the holidays?" She asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:01 pm

He saw her grin and raised his eyebrows, wondering what she was planning now. "Where do you live exactly?" "What? No, no, no. Pxyis. I don't want you to do anything. I live far away anyways." He smiled. "Thanks though."

When she asked what he had planned, he shrugged. "Nothing, actually. Me Gran might visit for her birthday. But..." he shook his head. "Other then that, nothing."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Pxyis pouted at him. "But Parky." She whined in protest, grinning cheekily. "Oh fine." She mumbled with a frown. "But don't think I won't try to find you. Please just tell me if those kids pick on you." Pxyis said, concern in her voice. "Alright, change of subject." She muttered.

Pxyis frowned at him, and shrugged. "How boring. Not that I can say any different. My holidays are going to be the same old, staring at the fountain and watching my parents talk to each other about me." Pxyis said in a bored tone.

Pxyis sighed and shook her head. "Sometimes I wonder what it's like to have nice parents." Something occurred to Pxyis. "I was going to have Char over, but I think she needs to spend some time with her father and Airen." Pxyis said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:29 pm

"Don't worry, I'll write you everything that happens. And unless you took a ferry you couldn't get to me house." He looked out the window, then at her again. He vnever thought parents would just talk about their children in front on them, like they weren't there. His parents argued about him occasionally, but never knowing he was listening.

"Well, you know, there's a lot of time in summer, I'm sure she'll visit."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Pxyis rolled her eyes at Parker and tapped her nose. "Witch, remember? I reckon I could floo there. So, what was that adress again?" She asked, pulling out her notepad and quill with a sly grin. "Oh, and while you're at it, could you tell me how to spell that thing people talk into? But not the big one, the little one?" She asked, genuinely this time.

Pxyis wondered if her parents would care if she bought one of those- probably not. She'd have to get some galleons changed into muggle money, though. She reckoned her parents would probably just be mad that she'd wasted precious galleons on muggle money.

They still didn't approve of her muggle friends, and that was when her eyes lit up. "I'll probably hang out with Kaity and Jess these holidays. I'll miss you though," Pxyis smiled sadly. "But at least I can go see a movie with them. I love movies, it's so cool how the picture has sound and everything, and can change into other moving pictures. Cool, huh?" Pxyis had never really understood the whole concept of it, but she just went with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:27 pm

He gave her a slightly confused looked. "Er- sorry, can you explain floo again?" He reached over and grabbed the quill and paper from her, writing down his address. "Owls only! You better not show up or anything." He then wrote down telephone when she asked, looking up at her. "Wait, you mean telephone right? What do you mean big or little?"

He smiled when her eyes lit up. "I'll probably hang out with Kaity and Jess these holidays. I'll miss you though." "Well, at least you'll have someone to hand out with. I'll miss you too."

He laughed a bit when she talked about the movies. "I like movies too, and when home I watch a lot of the telly as well. It's...sort of like the movies but smaller and shorter with a lot more ads." He smiled to himself. "You know, I'm surprised that being witches and wizards, they've not come up with a way to take videos. I've seen a few weird looking cameras but not much more then that."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Pxyis beamed as he wrote down his adress. She wasn't sure if she would actually show up or not, but decided she wouldn't. After all, if Parker's parents found out Parker would be in lots of trouble, and she didn't want to get him in trouble. "Alright, owls only." She agreed, but when he sounded confused she frowned. "You know, my friends mum has this tellyfone that is as big as a brick! But there one that's in the lounge room isn't nearly as big!" Pxyis exclaimed. She was quite confused by this.

"And the floo thing is with this green powder, you step in the fireplace, drop it and say where you want to go!" Pxyis explained.

"Oh yes, and where can I get a tellyfone from? The really little ones. My friend is always going on about it, and she can do this thing called... texting on it. I used it once, it was really fun! Where would I get one from?" She asked. She didn't care if her parents got mad at her, when were they not mad at her?

Pxyis then frowned. "Don't you have anyone? Anyone at all?" Her voice sounded horrified. Did all he have as company was the bullies? This was not pleasing to Pxyis, and she re-thought her decision not to show up at his house.

Pxyis shrugged at him. "I'll have to get a telly too. It probably won't work, sometimes too much magic can make your muggle contraptions go haywire. Although, that's mostly at schools like Hogwart's. I don't think my home would have enough magic to confuse elecfickity." Pxyis explained, smiling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:53 pm

He still seemed a bit confused by her description. "Er- I don't know, but the thing your friend has is a cell phone. And er, you get them at muggle electronic stores." He writes that on the pad of paper as well, then smiles back at her.

His smile dropped a bit at her horrified tone. "Don't you have anyone? Anyone at all?" "D-don't worry. There's the lady next door that watches after me, and her cats...I'd say I had muggle school friends from before...but I don't. It's fine though, really. I didn't mean to make it seem as if I were complaining about it."

He smiled again though when she mentioned the telly and getting one. "You mean, electricity? I was wondering why there wasn't any...Hmm, I guess that does explain some things."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Pxyis clapped her hands excitedly. "Thanks Parker!" She squealed, taking her pad back and shoving it into her bag, then beaming at him. She had always wanted to get one, and now that she actually knew what it was called she could get one.

Pxyis snorted. "The lady next door? This is a disgrace, Parker." Pxyis huffed. "I can't believe you don't have anyone other than those bullies." Pxyis lip curled as she thought about them, and she held back an animalistic snarl. Calming herself down, she shook her head. "Anger issues." She explained, grinning.

Pxyis nodded. "It does, doesn't it?" Then Pxyis decided to move back onto the topic of movies. "What movies do you like?" She asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:19 pm

He smiled back at her. "No problem."

He sighed and shook his head. "It's not like I make it a point to hang around them, you know." He usually always tried to keep inside and away from them, but he could only handle that for so long and ended up going to his small backyard where they would always poke their heads over the fence and bother him too. The fact they had nothing better to do bothered him more then anything.

"What movies do you like?" "Hmm..." he tilted his head a bit, trying to think. "Well, when I get to watch movies I like mystery thriller sorts of things..." he looked down and shrugged. "Adventures too, those are always fun to watch." He smiled at her. "What about you?"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Pxyis frowned and rolled her eyes. "No really? I was under the impression you made a point of talking to them." Pxyis teased, grinning at him as she grabbed onto his hand and squeezed it lightly. "Don't worry, you'll always have me. Im not leaving anytime soon." Pxyis mumbled, embarrassed at how close she'd become to him.

Her eyes lowered to his ankle for suddenly, where she could see a light, red rash on it. She frowned and remembered the Grindylows, though she'd never thought their handprints would cause a rash. Then again, she'd mostly steered clear of learning about Gryindylows, or any topic involving them... after what happened with her best friend on years ago.

Looking back up when he responded to her question, she grinned. "I like adventures, im kind of scared of thrillers a bit, hate horrors, LOVE romcoms, and anything romantic. I must say, I have a soft spot for the Disney movies." Pxyis blushed bright red.

Once her blush had faded, she looked back down at his ankle and frowned. "What's that?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:19 pm

"Don't worry, you'll always have me. Im not leaving anytime soon." He smiled a little at that, looking down at his lap. "I'm not going anywhere either."

He listened to her listing off what she liked and smiled, still looking down, "Believe it or not, I've not seen too many Disney movies..." Then without thinking about it he reached down and scratched his ankle.

When he sat back up he saw her frown. "What's that?" He bit his lip and looked down at his ankle again. He didn't want to tell her about it, not wanting her to worry. After all it was getting better, so he saw no point in just randomly bringing it up after all this time. "Erm...from the lake."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:00 pm

"Good." Pxyis felt warmth in her stomach at his comment, and her smile widened.

She clasped her hand to her mouth in mock-horror. "Oh my! But Disney is the greatest!" Pxyis giggled. "No, but really? Huh. I guess it's more of a girl than boy thing." Pxyis shrugged her shoulders.

She frowned when he itched it, but grinned when he said it was from the lake. "Ah, I will never forget that night. Best night of my life." She smiled as the memories flashed before her eyes and she grinned at him. "That was the night you became my best friend, Parker." She told him quietly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Parker smiled and shrugged at her comment about the whole Disney thing. "That's what me Pa thinks, never thought I should watch them, doesn't matter though...but erm what's your favorite of them?"

He then smiled a bit bigger when she did as she talked about that night. "That was the night you became my best friend, Parker." "And the night you became mine. I'm also really lucky you were there." He looked at her and squeezed her hand, which was still in his, gently. He still didn't know how he'd make it up to her. He looked back down at his leg, frowning a bit that he could still imagine it's hands and tentacles trying to tug him down.

He let out a small laugh. "You know, this is kind of stupid, but I don't think I can go swimming in the lake that's by me house anymore. Thinking about it freaks me out a bit..."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:55 pm

Pxyis pursed her lips when he said he never thought he should watch them. "I beg to differ, but, my favourite Disney movie would have to be The Lion King." Pxyis said without hesitation, she absolutely adored those movies. "Especially number 2, the whole forbidden love thing. I love that sort of stuff." Pxyis sighed dreamily, before shaking her head with a grin.

Pxyis blushed as he said that, and touched her cheek in embarrassment. "Im glad I was there too. I could've lost you that night, and I would've been upset anyway. I already had taken a liking to you from Care of Magical Creatures class, you were different, and I like different." Pxyis grinned at him.

Pxyis snorted with laughter and shook her head, a huge grin on her face. "It's not stupid at all. I don't really swim that much anymore..." Pxyis kept the grin in-tact, refusing to have her mood dampened. "It's a valid reason, but it is kind of funny. You know its a muggle lake, right? Although, even wizarding creatures can be found lurking in muggle places. The ministry keeps a tight rein on that anyway, so probably not." Pxyis shrugged.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 am

He smiled. "I really like The Lion King also..and Mulan actually."He shrugged at that. The one thing in the Disney movies that he found he liked, which weren't in many other movies, were the strong female leads, especially in the more recent movies.

He raised his eyebrows a bit, still smiling. "Different? How am I different?"

"I know it's a muggle lake, but just the idea of it, you know?" He shrugged trying not to let the thoughts get him down either. It was past and the situation had turned for the best. Thinking of magical creatures being in the muggle world, he looked down to his suitcase and the small tank that was set beside his feet which he'd brought in with him when he entered and set down. He smiled a bit, remembering when he realized his pet snake wasn't just a normal garden snake.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:57 pm

Pxyis grinned at him. "I adore Mulan. I admire how strong she is, and how she doesn't let things bring her down. What annoys me in our society is that men can do the same job as a woman, but they will be paid more! It's just un-fair. It's why I admire strong, female roles, instead of men being the strong ones and women being the damsels in distress." Pxyis said passionately, a frown on her face.

When he asked her how he was different, Pxyis grinned. "You aren't... you're just more sensitivite than other guys. And you're nicer. And no where near as out going as other guys, they're just so full on and full of themselves." Pxyis explained, squeezing his hand gently.

Pxyis grinned, but it faded when she saw sadness and slight fear in his eyes, and she wrapped her arms around him in a comforting hug. She saw his smile as he looked at his snake. "What you thinking about?" She asked, releasing him from her hug but holding onto his hand still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next