Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slytherin Discussion (Parker)

2 posters

Go down

Slytherin Discussion  (Parker) Empty Slytherin Discussion (Parker)

Post by Sofia Slytherin Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Sofia lead the young Mr. Emery into her office and offered him a seat. Then she called upon Ali to bring a try of snacks and drinks.

So Mr. Emery wanted to learn about the Slytherin family, that was quit interesting, but there was many things about the house to talk about Sofia wonder where he would like to start.

"Well Mr. Emery, you may ask you questions, if I can answer them I will."
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Slytherin Discussion  (Parker) Empty Re: Slytherin Discussion (Parker)

Post by Parker Emery Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Parker had been very glad that she agreed to talk with him, he'd worried it was odd to ask of her, but he honestly was curious. No one ever really talked about house origins or the founders and he'd not come across a book in the library yet to indulge the full extent of his curiosity. He knew the basics, but it was just not enough for him. He wasn't sure what he wanted to know, just that he wanted to know more.

When the professor offered him a seat, he nervously took it, curiously watching the elf when she had called upon it. He'd only seen one once before when Pxyis dropped by over summer.

He looked at professor Slytherin, with a bit of an unsure expression. He gave a small shrug. "Well, I'm not entirely sure what to ask...I've just simply been curious." He thought for a moment. "Erm, well there is one thing that comes to mind...I heard someone, and have also seen it in some books, mention 'Parseltongue.' I-It just caught my eye cause I actually have a little pet snake and I never thought people could actually talk to them..."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:27 am

Sofia smile at young Mr. Emery when he asked about Parseltongue and that was one thing she was glad she did not have even though her family was surprised because she was the first blood relative of Slytherin not to speak it, but then she was the first girl in a very long line.

"Well Mr. Emery being a Parseltongue is a very rare gift and only the heirs to Slytherin have that gift. But believe it is not the greatest gift in the world. Yes you can talk to snakes, but sometimes you go to speak to them without realizing it. It is very weird to witness something like that."

Sofia had seen her father talk to them all the time and it was a very weird thing indeed.

"I am the first Slytherin heir in the whole line that does not speak it, but being a Seer is a big enough gift for me."

Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Parker felt a little bit better when she smiled, alleviating his worry that it was either inappropriate or just plain odd to ask. He nodded and listened carefully as she explained. "Without realizing it...?" He tilted his head slightly, how odd. How could someone speak another language without realizing it?

He was thoughtfully silent for a brief moment before asking, "So...it's not possible for someone to learn it? Like with any other language? Even if you had someone that speaks it teach you?"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Sofia almost coughed on her tea when Mr. Emery asked if someone could learn to speak Parseltongue. Sofia was a little in shock because the ones who speak it thought of it as a type of a curse.

"Mr Emery most people never want to learn that language, in fact there is no one that I know of even speaks the language if it could be taught." Sofia might have sounded a little gruff with her answer but that was a language she didn't have anything to do with.

"Are you wanting to learn to talk to your snake, is that what you were thinking?"

Sofia was a little softer this time when she spoke
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Parker lowered his head from the tone she replied with. "I-I'm sorry professor, I shouldn't have assumed..." Parker worried he's offended her. He'd read about some dark wizards that spoke it, but he assumed that in the blood line there must have been plenty of others that could speak it. Clearly he was wrong. And he'd been to hopeful with the idea anyway.

He gave a small shrug when she aked what he was thinking of doing with it, "Well, yeah. Or the snakes around the grounds of the castles. I mean, there's not much to do with something like that, right?" He spared a quick glance at her before looking back down to his knees.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Sofia could tell the Mr. Emery was a little disappointed that she wasn't going to be able to talk to the snakes, not that she understood why he would want too.

"I guess I cannot understand why you would want to talk to the snakes. There is not much you can even do for a snake." Sofia thought about the snake that he carried around.

"The snake you carry around, having a personal relationship with that snake is a connection and you will both know what you will want or need. This is what happens with a familiar."
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:50 am

Parker didn't really have any big reason for wanting to learn to, it just seemed interesting. He let out a small sigh, brushing off his slight disappointment as she brought up the topic of familiars. Tess had mentioned it to him at the end of last year, and had found out that the little garden snake he'd picked up from home, was more then just a normal little snake. She figured it must have been a snake from the magical world, and had attached itself as his familiar.

"So a familiar and a person have a connection? Is there anything more to it than that?" All he really knew about familiars was from a few muggle movies that had a weird representation of ugly witches, doing evil magic to hurt children or something, and their little cat familiars talking or even doing magic themselves.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:08 am

Sofia had thought about it and it was simple there was way more to it than that. Sofia thought about Salt and pretty soon she appeared in Sofia's office. Salt was Sofia's beautiful white panther.

"This my friend Mr. Emery is Salt, my familiar. I have had him since he was a cub and over time we have learn to feel each other. Like I was just able to call him in here just by thinking about him."

Sofia knew how long it took, but time is everything when working with familiars.

"Mr. Emery your familiars will be able to sense everything about you, whether your happy or sad, in trouble."

Sofia was hoping he understood everything.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:59 pm

As Salt made its way into the office, Parker looked over wide-eyed in amazement. Never had he been so close to a live big-cat like this. He wanted to feel intimidated by him, but there was something different and not so wild about the cat. Parker glanced between Professor Slytherin and Salt.

"So...What causes this connection? Is it like training? Or- it's because of a...magic type...bond?" he was trying hard to grasp the whole idea of it. While it was definitly interesting, he wanted to make sure he understood it as best he could,

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:59 am

Sofia could tell Parker was really interesting in learning about this type of magic.

"It is really hard to explain, because some people get a cat and have no connection at all, but then sometimes you can get an animal and it just happens."

Sofia could never really understand why it worked the way it worked. Salt came to her when she was younger and she has stayed around since.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Parker pursed his lips a bit as he thought.

"So...it's sort of like fate?" he asked as he looked from Salt to Prof. Slytherin again. He figured probably not, but it was the closest thing he could relate it too. He wasn't entirely sure if he believed in the while fate thing though. It was slightly unnerving to think his whole life was sort of planned out for him in a way.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:16 am

Sofia thought about his question for a moment, grated that things happen for a reason which can either be fate or destiny but wheres the fine line between the two.

"First Mr. Emery what is the difference between what is your fate or what is your destiny. They may sound the same but they are quite different."

Sofia looked over at Mr. Emery and wondered if he knew, many people thought they were one of the same, but they are different.

Sofia poured herself another glass of tea and took a sip
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:06 am

He looked at her curiously as she stated to him that the two were different. He'd always thought they were the same. Many people called them the same thing, using them interchangeably.

"Really? How are they different?" he asked as he watched her pour herself another glass of tea. Interesting to think that they were different. Maybe just minor differences, but differences nonetheless.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Sofia took a sip of her tea, and then looking at the time.

"Well Mr. Emery I have something for you to do. Seeing it is getting late and Professor Romain would not appreciate if his house loses any points for someone being out after curfew. This is what I would like you to do is take a trip to the library and do some research on the difference."

Sofia smiled but she learned a long time ago that the best way to truly understand things it was better to research them rather than have someone tell them.

"So go ahead and get this done and then you can come back to my office and we will discuss this further."
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:28 am

When professor Slytherin looked up at the time, he glanced over too, noticing how late it was getting.

Parker looked at her as she spoke, and he nodded in acknowledgement of the assignment she was giving him. While in a normal, muggle library such a topic could be too broad and void of factual information to be able to find anything of substance. But the library here...he smiled, excited about all the things he could find.

He stood up, still smiling a bit. "Thank you for this professor, really. Hopefully it won't take too long to find what I need." Picking up his back from the floor he went to the door. As he walked out he turned and said, "See you in class," as he shut the door.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down