Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Park (open to Characters who live near/around/in Birmingham)

Go down

The Park (open to Characters who live near/around/in Birmingham)  Empty The Park (open to Characters who live near/around/in Birmingham)

Post by Jaycie Simple Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:34 pm

"Bye mum, yeah, I won't be long. I'm just going down to the park if you need me," Jaycie called through the open front door. She waved bye to her mother and Jenna, and then set off down the street to the little park she used to play in as a kid - before Hogwarts.

She reached the end of the street and jumped over one of the log barriers in the car park. The trees were green and full of life, but it was an unusually cold day for summer. Jaycie pulled her light jumper closer around herself as she sat on one of the swings in the play-park.

Birds were singing over head and she immediately tuned into their song and started mimicking it with a smile. She stood up on the seat of the swing, each hand around the chains holding it up, and started swinging back and forth, just to amuse herself. The park was near on deserted, since ominous-looking clouds were gathering over head and no one wanted to be cold and wet all in the one afternoon. Jaycie knew it had been full of life this morning, as the sky was blue, clear and the sun was shining brightly. But there was a crowd, so she didn't want to go and get lost in it. That was one of her biggest fears.

Jaycie jumped off the swing and shoved her hands in the pockets of her jeans. She walked over to the big line of trees at the other end of the park, but she wasn't getting there fast enough so she broke out into a run. She eventually got to the line of trees and found the one with the lowest, sturdiest branches. She grasped hold firmly and swung her leg up, beginning to climb the tree.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Park (open to Characters who live near/around/in Birmingham)  Empty Re: The Park (open to Characters who live near/around/in Birmingham)

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Alcyone stood silent in the darkness of the corner, her eyes glued to Capella as she stood in front of their tutor with a frightened expression. He twirled his wand and jabbed it at her and Capella was thrown backwards against the wall. Alcyone wanted to scream, to shout, but it would only make him hurt Capella more and though it hurt her mentally and made her chest feel tight at the fact that nothing she did would help. She'd just have to watch whilst her sister crumbled on the floor, silent tears falling down her cheeks. Caelum curled into her side, and she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him further into the darkness.

Capella let out a whimper as their tutor stood above her and grabbed her by the hair, pulling her up and slapping her across the face. "You're weak, you pathetic child." He growled. Capella whimpered as blood poured down her face, dripped onto her messy clothing. Alcyone's hand fell to her wand, ready to attack him if he made a move to kill Capella. He suddenly dropped her, stepped back and cried the torture curse. It was physically painful to watch Capella writhe in agony on the floor as she cried and screamed. Caelum's body stiffened, and he took a step forwards but Alcyone yanked him back and held him close. "No." She whispered to him, pulling him down to the ground with her and holding him close. She felt his tears drip onto her shirt.

After several hours into the morning, he finally released Capella from her torture and she stumbled towards the dark corner, but collapsed halfway there and remained on the floor, shivering and crying whilst the tutor swept away. The door shut behind him with a resounding 'Bang!' and she immediately was out of the corner and pulling Capella to her. It was many hours later when the girl was cleaned up, but she remained quieter than usual. Alcyone, in a desperate attempt to cheer her up, decided to take Cae and Ella to the park. They arrived swiftly and she watched as Ella's eyes remained empty, frightened as she stared around wildly. Alcyone wrapped her arms around her younger siblings, before she spied Jaycie climbing up the tree. Her eyes lit up and she grabbed her siblings hands, pulling them along behind her as she ran over to the tree she was climbing.

"Jay!" She called, her eyes alight with happiness.

Back to top Go down

The Park (open to Characters who live near/around/in Birmingham)  Empty Re: The Park (open to Characters who live near/around/in Birmingham)

Post by Jaycie Simple Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Jaycie glanced down just as she was reaching for another branch when someone called her name. "Alcyone!" She cried, overjoyed. Swiftly she clambered back down the tree and flung her arms around Alcy. She stepped back, and only then did she notice the two children in Alcyone's tow.

"Who are these guys?" she asked, crouching down to their eye level. They were the prettiest kids she'd ever seen, except the little girl had this vacant look in her eyes. "Hey, what's the matter?" Jaycie asked, concernedly glancing up at her friend.

"I didn't know you lived near me, Alcy!" It was a surprise, but a great one at that.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Alcyone hugged Jaycie back, relief apparent on her face. If Jaycie was near her, it meant she had somewhere to escape too. If things were getting scary at home, she could come and see Jaycie, maybe even ask if she could hide Ella and Cae with her sometimes. She released Jay and smiled softly as she looked at the two kids beside her.

"These are Capella," she waved her hand over her sisters head, who still looked haunted and frightened. "And Caelum," who looked worried about his sisters well-being. When asked what was the matter, Ella stepped closer to Alcyone and began to hyperventilate, her eyes seeing something that wasn't there. Alcyone picked Ella up and held her close, before she looked at Jaycie. "I'll tell you in a minute." She put Capella down, who had calmed down a bit. "Cae, go play with her on the swings. SHe loves the swings." Caelum nodded and tugged Capella off. She turned back to Jay. "Should I tell you, or would you rather not know?" Alcyone asked quietly.

Alcyone grinned at Jay. "Neither did I!" She squealed, before she pointed at the dark and frightening manor down the end of the street that had no other houses on it. It was huge, ginormous, Malfoy Manor. "That's my... house..." She said, before she looked at Jay. "Where do you live?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Jaycie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion when the haunted little girl, Capella, held onto Alcyone and began to hyperventilate. Like there was some demon in front of her that no one bar herself could see. Jaycie rose from her crouching position and looked Alcyone right in the eye. "I think I ought to know," she said, after Alcy sent off Caelum and Capella. "Unless it's really too personal," Jaycie amended.

Jay's grin returned when her friend was as excited as she was. It was great to know someone she loved was near her. Jaycie knew exactly the house Alcyone was talking about, even though she'd thought it haunted and abandoned. "But... that's the manor you can hear screams echoing from late at night," she said with a confused frown. "I thought it empty and abandoned for years."

"Oh, you can't see where I live from here. It's not as big as your house, but close enough. Just down that street, turn the corner and it's halfway down the bend," she said, pointing out the way to her humble home. Even though her mother had titled it Siren Manor, she really felt it was just big enough for their little family. "I guess we live closer than we thought!"

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:58 am

Alcyone watched as Caelum placed Capella on a swing and begun to push her lightly, his mouth moving as he possibly talked about happy times they'd had at the park. It seemed to work much to Alcyone's relief, as Capella's body visibly relaxed and she giggled at something Cae said. She began to swing her legs and push herself on the swing, meaning Cae could sit on the one beside her and lazily swing also. "No, you should know. Y-you're my best friend, after all, along with Hales. You both have the right to know. I trust you." Alcyone mumbled.

She took a deep breath and began to tell Jaycie everything. "Well, ever since I was a toddler i've had this German tutor. My parents are spies for the German, true to the Malfoy name they must also be on the bad side," she grimaced. "He's always trained up myself and my siblings with violent methods, whipping us, carving things into our skin," she pushed back her shirt sleeve to show the intricate rose scar on her shoulder. "And he even wrote this on my arm," she pulled up her long sleeve to show her scar, 'Blood Traitor'. "He tortured Ella today, and she's so beautiful... im scared that one day he'll, he'll." Alcyone trailed off and stared at Jaycie.

Alcyone chuckled as Jaycie expressed her amazement as she'd believed it abandoned for years. She shrugged, many people thought that too. "Yeah, well, now you know." She frowned, before her smile appeared once more as it was revealed that she lived just down the street. She squealed and hugged Jaycie tightly, a pleased look on her face. "This is great! Now we can hang out more, not at my house obviously." Alcyone beamed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Jaycie listened intently to Alcyone's story, her horror growing with each word she said. Why on earth would someone do that? How could any sane human possibly want their own children harmed in such a way? Jaycie's eyes filled with tears as she realised the extent of what was going on in Alcyone's life. She threw her arms around her best friend and refrained from bursting into tears. "I can't believe that! That's horrible!" A frown flitted over her face. "You don't think he will, you know...?" Jaycie bit her lip, would he really kill that sweet little girl over there?

Jaycie drew back and the subject was changed to a lighter one. A grin spread across her features as she was given the prospect of hanging out with Alcy more. She squealed and was knocked backwards a little when Alcyone hugged her. Laughing, she said, "I know! Holidays just looked so much more promising."

Jay looked over at the swing set. "Shall we go join them? There's a really cool spinny thing over there, it's really fun. You should go on it with me and get dizzy!" Jaycie cried, grabbing Alcyone's hand and pulling her over to the swing set.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Alcyone saw the horror on Jay's features as she told her about her home life. She felt better, as if a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders as she opened up to Jay - like she'd opened up to Haley. Both girls now were very important to her, and she held back a smile as she realised her best friend were Hufflepuff's - the house she wished she were in. If she'd been placed in Hufflepuff, however, death may have been a penalty. Alcyone shuddered at that thought. "I know its horrible, its why I have trouble dragging myself off to Hogwarts," Alcyone sighed. "Im not sure, I hope not." Alcyone teared up at the thought of little Ella dead.

Alcyone squealed along with Jaycie and squeezed her tightly, over-joyed that she would be able to hang out with her more! And she could escape now to the park, or even hide out at Jay's house if she didn't mind for a few days. Alcyone giggled and released Jaycie as she beamed at her. "I know! Im so happy now!" Alcyone said genuinely, as happiness was a rare emotion within her.

Alcyone looked over at Cae who was pushing Ella on the swing and nodded her head. Caelum already looked like a first year due to his site, and Alcyone smirked at that. "Come on!" She cried as she ran towards the playground, released Jay's hand and jumped on the spinny thing. She toppled straight off as the force of her jump sent it flying around, and before she'd been able to grab hold she'd fallen off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Fri May 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Jaycie laughed in amusement as Alcyone jumped onto the spinny thing and immediately went flying off. "You okay?" she asked as she knelt beside her, a smile in her face.

Jay knew that Alcy's troubles would return to her that night. She wouldn't be able to stop thinking about them. Alcyone's problems suddenly wanted to work themselves out in Jaycie's thoughtful head. She decided she'd ask her mother about it.

She smiled at Alcyone's siblings after helping her Slytherin friend up and getting on the spinny thing. Jaycie's grin expanded until her entire face lit up and she spun round and round until she was incredibly dizzy.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Alcyone nodded her head eagerly and jumped straight back up, grabbing Jay's hand and pulling her up with her. She already adored Jaycie. "I'm fine!" She grinned.

And indeed, Alcyone was, because in that moment she had a friend like Haley who she could lean on - and this one was just down the road. She was glad that she could have someone to run to when she was sad, somewhere to escape to.

Alcyone was now more careful when she got onto the spinny thing with Jay and she clung onto it for dear life as it began to spin, a giggle escaping her lips. The feeling was so weird, but she loved it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down