Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An apprentice (Parker and Lucia)

2 posters

Go down

An apprentice (Parker and Lucia) Empty An apprentice (Parker and Lucia)

Post by Lucia Henley Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Lucia was sitting behind her desk in the infirmary, waiting for Parker to show up. She had sent him an owl, and hoped he had gotten it. However, she doubted that the owl would've misdelivered, considering how dutiful they were. She took up a blank sheet, wondering what she'd let Parker do, because it was hard to decide. In this place, many people would require absolute secrecy, and wouldn't want other students to know, Parker included, so paperwork were not possible, unless she numbered the students. She didn't mind doing that, it only protected them even further.

So, students with twisted ankles or the like could possibly be all right to check out. She would ask the patients, and a given 'yes' was all Lucia needed. She then looked up as she heard a knock on her door.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

http://theavengers.forummotions.com/

Back to top Go down

An apprentice (Parker and Lucia) Empty Re: An apprentice (Parker and Lucia)

Post by Parker Emery Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:53 pm

When Parker had gotten the letter to come over to the Hospital Wing he was ecstatic. He'd finally get a change to see what she does and maybe one day learn how to do something. But as of now he'd be content to just watch and do paperwork or whatever else she wanted him to do. He had no clue what he would be doing, but he was sure he'd be fine with anything at this point.

He hurriedly and excitedly made his way there, and walked up to the door, knocking on it.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:20 pm

Lucia walked over to the door and opened it, smiling at Parker. "Hello Mr. Emery. Please come on in," she said with a smile, stepping aside to let him in.

She walked over to her desk, but didn't sit down. "So, I thought we could start with a small tour or something. There hasn't been any patients today, so I figured I'd show you where the necessary items are, and how things are put in order here. Also, I'd like to find out what you'd like to do here," she said with a smile.

She looked at him. "Does that sound okay?" she asked.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Parker smiled back at her, walking in after her carefully when she told him to come in. He walked over with her to her desk, and they stood by it.

When she suggested a small tour, Parker nodded, happy to do anything really. He never got a good look around before. He was hardly ever in here. Which was good. But now he'd be spending a lot more time here. Which...was also good! "Yeah, that sounds great-" he said, his face bright. When she asked what he wanted to do he thought a moment.

"Oh, uhm. I don't know. There's not really much I could do, is there? I'll do whatever you need for me to do to help you out- I just really want to learn." He said, nodding and smiling at the end of what he said.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Sat May 19, 2012 1:22 am

Lucia gave a smile to Parker and rose, walking out of the office and into the infirmary. She listened to what he said about there not being much he could do and that he just wanted to learn. She smiled to him.

"You won't learn much from just watching. I will put you to work, like helping me get the right objects and stuff, how to concentrate. I might start a small meditation thing with you, if you don't mind that?" she asked him.

She then walked over to a cupboard and opened it. Inside were all sorts of potions and stuff. "I get help from our dear potions mistress to make these. They are very complex, some of them even cure HIV," she said softly, "It's sad that we can't walk out into the muggle world and tell them everything about us. After all, if we can cure HIV, we can cure so many people in the world. But if we do... Muggles never take kindly to things they do not understand. Some are open-minded, but too many can't stand changes."

She looked into the roof, feeling a bit saddened by the truth of human minds. Many wizards were the same, but due to magic, there wasn't much they couldn't do, and not much they couldn't believe either. It was completely different with muggles.

Then Lucia put on a smile and looked happily at Parker again. She closed the cupboard and walked to another. "This is the cupboard we have for all sorts of poisons. For example, when you had been attacked by the grindylows, the antidote is found ... here," she said and pointed to a round box which contained some cream.

"Instruments and stuff are in the table over there, well concealed because you never know who might want to explore the Hospital Wing. The instruments are not to be touched without having sterilized fingers and preferably gloves on," Lucia said with a smile.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Tue May 22, 2012 6:09 am

Parker followed professor Henley out into the infirmary and he smiled when she said he'd not learn much from just watching. He wondered just what exactly she'd be having him do. He listened as she said he'd be bringing her certain things she'd need. That would certainly help him to learn his way around. He smiled a bit when she said they'd start a little meditation. "No, I don't mind. I've started learning how to do it with Professor Slytherin."

He walked with her over to the cupboard, watching as she opened it. he eyes roamed along, seeing all of the different things in there. His listened in wonder as she explained. "Wow...if only." he said quietly. Even as young as he was he knew of the worsening diseases. It was always in the media. what a sad thing to thing that because of such closed minds, muggles couldn't save themselves from disease.

He looked up as professor Henley as she put on a smile and closed the cupboard. He followed her over to another cupboard where she began to explain. When she mentioned gryndylows he let out a small nervous laugh. He looked to each thing she pointed to, want to learn and absorb everything she was telling him. He listened to her tell about the special instruments and he smiled up at her nodded again.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Tue May 22, 2012 6:38 am

Lucia gave a smile to him when he told about meditation with Sofia. "Yes, Divination and meditation often go hand in hand. It is slightly the same with healing, just a bit different," she said softly.

After having shown him most of the objects, at least of those he'd be working with, she turned towards him and took out her wand, waving it in the air, and two mats formed, landing on the floor opposite each other. She pointed to one of them for him to sit on and sat down on the other, facing him.

When he had sat down she gave a smile. "In healing, meditation is very important, not only to relax your body, but to control your emotions. If you can block them during an operation, during times of great stress, then you can do just about anything, without freaking out. It is one of the most valued skills in healing, because if you can clear your mind and rid of your emotions, you will be able to concentrate on a level very many people cannot," Lucia said softly.

She closed her eyes and placed her fingertips against each other, her legs crossed. She then opened her left eye, giving Parker a smile, saying he should do the same. "I'll keep tap of your energy. If it works the way I want it to, you'll find that it is very much different from the meditation you do in the Divination classroom," she said softly.

If it worked as it ought to, the feeling of relaxation would not be there, but the feeling of control, feeling every inch of ones body, feeling at one with nature. And most of all, feeling at complete harmony with ones heart, making one feel so that they are incapable of doing wrong.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down